What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (2 Viewers)

IvanKaramazov said:
Assuming that quote is accurate, then I don't see what's dishonest about this particular attack. Hamas likes Obama. Some voters might find that interesting, so McCain is pointing it out. I fail to see the problem here.
OK, so the Obama campaign should run ads of Reverend Hagee (who likes John McCain) spouting off about the Catholic Church being a whore religion or whatever. That's fair as well right?
It would be extremely fair to play anything Hagee said in his Church, IF McCain had attended it for 20 years. This shouldn't be this hard to figure out.
So McCain actively seeking out Hagee's endorsement does not meet your standard because McCain wasn't an attendee in Hagee's church for 20 years. But a quote by a guy who Obama doesn't know, doesn't want to talk to, and will actively work against, can be used against Obama.I think that reasoning is flaVVed.
Well, that's the problem right there. Your reasoning could use some help if you can not see the difference. Of coarse you can see the difference, you are just trying to justify Obama's obvious major character issues.
Of course I can see the difference. It just works the opposite way that you think it should work.Some idiot nutjob says he likes Obama. You say "Scream it from the heavens! This obviously shows Obama's character problem!"

McCain actively pursues some idiot nutjob, stands up on the same stage with him and thankfully accepts the idiot nutjob's support. You say "Move along. Nothing to see here."

:rolleyes:
I don't say "move along. Nothing to see here." McCain was about the last guy I wanted to win the Republican nomination. Unlike McCain, Obama has completely surrounds himself with these type of people. Heck, he even married one. But I guess we are not supposed to consider that either, huh?? It is funny watching all the Obama supporters telling all the voters what they should consider when voting. It is as old as the Democrats themselves with this idea that the regular folks are too stupid to think for themselves and need the government to tell them how they should feel, cradle to grave.

IvanKaramazov said:
Assuming that quote is accurate, then I don't see what's dishonest about this particular attack. Hamas likes Obama. Some voters might find that interesting, so McCain is pointing it out. I fail to see the problem here.
OK, so the Obama campaign should run ads of Reverend Hagee (who likes John McCain) spouting off about the Catholic Church being a whore religion or whatever. That's fair as well right?
It would be extremely fair to play anything Hagee said in his Church, IF McCain had attended it for 20 years. This shouldn't be this hard to figure out.
So McCain actively seeking out Hagee's endorsement does not meet your standard because McCain wasn't an attendee in Hagee's church for 20 years. But a quote by a guy who Obama doesn't know, doesn't want to talk to, and will actively work against, can be used against Obama.I think that reasoning is flaVVed.
Well, that's the problem right there. Your reasoning could use some help if you can not see the difference. Of coarse you can see the difference, you are just trying to justify Obama's obvious major character issues.
Of course I can see the difference. It just works the opposite way that you think it should work.Some idiot nutjob says he likes Obama. You say "Scream it from the heavens! This obviously shows Obama's character problem!"

McCain actively pursues some idiot nutjob, stands up on the same stage with him and thankfully accepts the idiot nutjob's support. You say "Move along. Nothing to see here."

:goodposting:
I don't say "move along. Nothing to see here." McCain was about the last guy I wanted to win the Republican nomination. Unlike McCain, Obama has completely surrounds himself with these type of people. Heck, he even married one. But I guess we are not supposed to consider that either, huh?? It is funny watching all the Obama supporters telling all the voters what they should consider when voting. It is as old as the Democrats themselves with this idea that the regular folks are too stupid to think for themselves and need the government to tell them how they should feel, cradle to grave.
"Surround himself with these kinds of people"?!?!? "he even married one"?!? We're talking about a member of Hamas!!! You're comparing Michelle Obama with a leader of a terrorist group?!?!?Congratulations. You're the third person I've ever put on my "ignore" list.

IvanKaramazov said:
It really bothered me when Hagee said Gawd$# America :goodposting: You can just keep right on reaching here Crush!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so we are in the home stretch in Pennsylvania (finally).

My fervor has returned after it was quashed by seeing political ads every 36 seconds on television for the last 3 weeks.

Polls show a tightening race, but with a significant amount of undecideds still at play. The interesting thing in my mind is the 45 barrier that it seems that Obama has been stuck at in polling. Clinton's numbers have been fluctuating all over the place but Obama has been steadily in the 43-45 range for the last 2 weeks.

I think this really comes down to Philadelphia. If we could see exit polls from there earlier in the night, we can see how it will go. I'll stick by my initial prediction (from about 2 months ago) of 54-44 Clinton, although I am much less firm behind that number than I was even a week ago.

We are truly going to see with $3.5 Million/week can buy when all is said and done.

IvanKaramazov said:
It really bothered me when Hagee said Gawd$# America :goodposting: You can just keep right on reaching here Crush!
Have you heard the stuff he says about Catholics?

IvanKaramazov said:

:goodposting:
"Surround himself with these kinds of people"?!?!? "he even married one"?!? We're talking about a member of Hamas!!! You're comparing Michelle Obama with a leader of a terrorist group?!?!?Congratulations. You're the third person I've ever put on my "ignore" list.
:yes: You said, and I quote "McCain actively pursues some idiot nutjob, stands up on the same stage with him and thankfully accepts the idiot nutjob's support. You say "Move along. Nothing to see here.""So go ahead and put me on ignore. That is just one less irrational question I have to answer. YOU brought it up.

IvanKaramazov said:
Orange Crush said:
McCain's Campaign sent out an email this morning tying Obama to Hamas:

McCain's deputy campaign manager, Christian Ferry, sent an email to donors today with the subject line: "Hamas Weighs In On U.S. Presidential Election." The email, which attacks Obama over his foreign policy stances, includes these paragraphs:

Barack Obama's foreign policy plans have even won him praise from Hamas leaders. Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Hamas Prime Minister said, "We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election. He has a vision to change America."We need change in America, but not the kind of change that wins kind words from Hamas
I'd just like to point out that Obama has condemned Hamas, said he would not have talks with any terrorist organization which included Hamas, and sharply criticized former President Carter for talking to Hamas.But that doesn't matter to the McCain camp. This isn't even "recklessly distorting" something Obama said. This is just a ridiculous and dishonest political attack. But it's ok because McCain is going to run a clean campaign built on respect for his opponent. Yeah, right.
Of course. Lots of people have criticized McCain for accepting Hagee's endorsement. I don't understand why, whenever I post about Obama, you guys insist on responding with something involving McCain. I don't like John McCain. I agree with him on some things, I disagree with him on other things, I don't like him personally, I've said before that his personality is unsuitable for the presidency, and I'm not going to vote for him. If you think you are zinging me by working in little digs at McCain, you are sorely mistaken.

Alright, so we are in the home stretch in Pennsylvania (finally).My fervor has returned after it was quashed by seeing political ads every 36 seconds on television for the last 3 weeks.Polls show a tightening race, but with a significant amount of undecideds still at play. The interesting thing in my mind is the 45 barrier that it seems that Obama has been stuck at in polling. Clinton's numbers have been fluctuating all over the place but Obama has been steadily in the 43-45 range for the last 2 weeks.I think this really comes down to Philadelphia. If we could see exit polls from there earlier in the night, we can see how it will go. I'll stick by my initial prediction (from about 2 months ago) of 54-44 Clinton, although I am much less firm behind that number than I was even a week ago.We are truly going to see with $3.5 Million/week can buy when all is said and done.
About the only thing that gives me hope as an Obama supporter related to him being stuck at 43-45 percent of voters in poll after poll is that those numbers generally only reflect people who have/use their land-lines. Many of all those college kids throughout the State only have their cells and/or are excluded from the polling process for other reasons...so if those polls are not factoring in the 18-25 year old demographic, I could see it being much more like 54-46 or 52-48. Clinton will STILL win in PA, IMHO, but at least if Obama can keep it in single digits and then take care of business in NC and OR, it'll be all but impossible for Obama to not go into the Convention with a lead in elected delegates, the popular vote, etc, etc. Then let Hillary make the case to the super-delegates about why she is the better choice when her "negatives" keep creeping higher and higher. Not quite "George W. Bush" territory, but pretty darned bad, nonetheless. ;)

Last SUSA Poll has leaked:Clinton 53%Obama 41%Undecided 6%
Is there an explanationor theory as to why the SUSA polls seem to skew in favor or HRC? For example, in PA, most polls have HRC with a 3-6% lead, but SUSA has her with a 12 point lead. Back on the 14th, SUSA had HRC with a 14 point lead, which was well higher than other polls at the time.In Indiana, most polls have HRC and Obama in a very close race (a couple have Obama with a slight lead), but the SUSA poll has HRC with a 16 point lead. Does SUSA have a unique methodology?

attended two Obama events in pittsburgh today. this is going to be tighter than what the polls are showing. people are thinking Obama has a very legitimate shot at actually winning. the counties ouside of philly are swinging towards obama now apparently and the polls are not tracking the younger demographic who only have cell phones (like me). If Clinton wins, it will be by less than 6 points, which would be a victory in the sense that she had been up 20+ at one point and she will gain no real ground in delegates.

If Obama wins, she should drop out. If she wins by a small margin, the writing will be HUGE on the wall, but she probably still stays until Indiana. If she loses IND and NC though, I think its over for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
attended two Obama events in pittsburgh today. this is going to be tighter than what the polls are showing. people are thinking Obama has a very legitimate shot at actually winning. the counties ouside of philly are swinging towards obama now apparently and the polls are not tracking the younger demographic who only have cell phones (like me). If Clinton wins, it will be by less than 6 points, which would be a victory in the sense that she had been up 20+ at one point and she will gain no real ground in delegates.If Obama wins, she should drop out. If she wins by a small margin, the writing will be HUGE on the wall, but she probably still stays until Indiana. If she loses IND and NC though, I think its over for her.
Tuesday is gonna be a nerve wracking day. I've got roots in PA and many friends who have never voted...period. Most of them say they are voting this time around and for Obama :wub: But, if we've learned anything from this election year, its that polls dont mean squat.

IvanKaramazov said:
Orange Crush said:
McCain's Campaign sent out an email this morning tying Obama to Hamas:

McCain's deputy campaign manager, Christian Ferry, sent an email to donors today with the subject line: "Hamas Weighs In On U.S. Presidential Election." The email, which attacks Obama over his foreign policy stances, includes these paragraphs:

Barack Obama's foreign policy plans have even won him praise from Hamas leaders. Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Hamas Prime Minister said, "We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election. He has a vision to change America."We need change in America, but not the kind of change that wins kind words from Hamas
I'd just like to point out that Obama has condemned Hamas, said he would not have talks with any terrorist organization which included Hamas, and sharply criticized former President Carter for talking to Hamas.But that doesn't matter to the McCain camp. This isn't even "recklessly distorting" something Obama said. This is just a ridiculous and dishonest political attack. But it's ok because McCain is going to run a clean campaign built on respect for his opponent. Yeah, right.
Of course. Lots of people have criticized McCain for accepting Hagee's endorsement. I don't understand why, whenever I post about Obama, you guys insist on responding with something involving McCain. I don't like John McCain. I agree with him on some things, I disagree with him on other things, I don't like him personally, I've said before that his personality is unsuitable for the presidency, and I'm not going to vote for him. If you think you are zinging me by working in little digs at McCain, you are sorely mistaken.
The dig wasn't at you. The original point was McCain's people were trying to make some absurd connection between Hamas and Obama. Then you said you didn't have a problem with them doing so. So I responded that Obama should be able to respond in kind with making John McCain a Hagee disciple (and of course there is an actual connection there, however small, unlike the Hamas thing) without you having a problem with that either.

Monday, April 21

Race Poll Results Spread

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Zogby Clinton 48, Obama 42 Clinton +6

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Strategic Vision ® Clinton 48, Obama 41 Clinton +7

Sunday, April 20

Race Poll Results Spread

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Zogby Clinton 46, Obama 43 Clinton +3

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Mason-Dixon Clinton 48, Obama 43 Clinton +5

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary ARG* Clinton 54, Obama 41 Clinton +13

Leeroy Jenkins said:
attended two Obama events in pittsburgh today. this is going to be tighter than what the polls are showing. people are thinking Obama has a very legitimate shot at actually winning. the counties ouside of philly are swinging towards obama now apparently and the polls are not tracking the younger demographic who only have cell phones (like me). If Clinton wins, it will be by less than 6 points, which would be a victory in the sense that she had been up 20+ at one point and she will gain no real ground in delegates.If Obama wins, she should drop out. If she wins by a small margin, the writing will be HUGE on the wall, but she probably still stays until Indiana. If she loses IND and NC though, I think its over for her.
You guys still don't get it. It's over NOW. She has only a hail mary chance in hades right now, and even THAT isn't enough. Even if she wins by 20 in PA on Tuesday, it's still over.

I hate to do this - but maybe this can be a reverse-jinx or something. I think Clinton will win tomorrow in the neighborhood of 57 to 43. Obama can't seem to get over the 43% mark in any poll, and that isn't good.

Mr. Superunkn0wn said:
The dig wasn't at you. The original point was McCain's people were trying to make some absurd connection between Hamas and Obama. Then you said you didn't have a problem with them doing so. So I responded that Obama should be able to respond in kind with making John McCain a Hagee disciple (and of course there is an actual connection there, however small, unlike the Hamas thing) without you having a problem with that either.
Yes, and I agreed that such an ad would be completely legit. Thanks for summarizing our exchange, though. :confused:

Today's PA polls (many many more to come):

Strat. Vision:

Clinton 48

Obama 41

Q-Pac:

Clinton 51

Obama 44

Suffolk:

Clinton 52

Obama 42

SUSA:

Clinton 50

Obama 44

Bolded the last one. SUSA finally fell in line with the rest. Not good news for Hillary. The media set the invisible baseline of 10 points in order to succeed so it looks like she'll need some breaks.

Strat. Vision:

Clinton 48

Obama 41

Q-Pac:

Clinton 51

Obama 44

Suffolk:

Clinton 52

Obama 42

SUSA:

Clinton 50

Obama 44

Bolded the last one. SUSA finally fell in line with the rest. Not good news for Hillary. The media set the invisible baseline of 10 points in order to succeed so it looks like she'll need some breaks.
Call it a hunch, but I think the undecideds will break in favor of HRC, which will certainly help her. On the other hand, if Texas is any indication, Obama's ground organization is far superior, which should help him with the get out the vote efforts.

Let's not forget she still has the "support" of the Limbaugh dittoheads who changed their registration to vote for Clinton in an attempt to prolong the fight. That's got to be good for a few percentage points that the polls don't account for.

This is one crazy ride, man. I keep telling the 8th graders I teach that they need to pay attention; something like this may not happen for another 20-30 years. But none of them really seem interested.

Strat. Vision:

Clinton 48

Obama 41

Q-Pac:

Clinton 51

Obama 44

Suffolk:

Clinton 52

Obama 42

SUSA:

Clinton 50

Obama 44

Call it a hunch, but I think the undecideds will break in favor of HRC, which will certainly help her. On the other hand, if Texas is any indication, Obama's ground organization is far superior, which should help him with the get out the vote efforts.
:football: I think Hillary will still get a strong win here. If the threshold for victor is 10% points, I think she'll come within a few points of it.

I think Hillary wins by about 7-9 points. That's certainly not enough to do much damage, but she's got to pray this will give her a bump in Indiana (at least) and North Carolina.

I've heard some (Chris Matthews in particular) predicting Hillary wins by 15 points, but I think the Obama cheerleaders like him are just throwing out big victory predictions so they can say Obama did better than expected.

At this point, Obama has this nomination all but gift wrapped. Her only hope is to win the popular vote, and that's a long shot, but that's only a distraction from the rules of the Democratic Party.

I think Hillary wins by about 7-9 points. That's certainly not enough to do much damage, but she's got to pray this will give her a bump in Indiana (at least) and North Carolina. I've heard some (Chris Matthews in particular) predicting Hillary wins by 15 points, but I think the Obama cheerleaders like him are just throwing out big victory predictions so they can say Obama did better than expected.At this point, Obama has this nomination all but gift wrapped. Her only hope is to win the popular vote, and that's a long shot, but that's only a distraction from the rules of the Democratic Party.
I think this is about right on all counts. I'd love to see Obama close to within 5 points, but I'm not holding my breath. Indiana is going to be a toss-up, but she's going to get routed in NC. It wouldn't surprise me if he picks up more delegates from NC than she does in PA. I think after that you will see the real pressure start to mount for her to drop out, and more high-profile SD endorsements for Obama.

I think Hillary wins by about 7-9 points. That's certainly not enough to do much damage, but she's got to pray this will give her a bump in Indiana (at least) and North Carolina. I've heard some (Chris Matthews in particular) predicting Hillary wins by 15 points, but I think the Obama cheerleaders like him are just throwing out big victory predictions so they can say Obama did better than expected.At this point, Obama has this nomination all but gift wrapped. Her only hope is to win the popular vote, and that's a long shot, but that's only a distraction from the rules of the Democratic Party.
I think this is about right on all counts. I'd love to see Obama close to within 5 points, but I'm not holding my breath. Indiana is going to be a toss-up, but she's going to get routed in NC. It wouldn't surprise me if he picks up more delegates from NC than she does in PA. I think after that you will see the real pressure start to mount for her to drop out, and more high-profile SD endorsements for Obama.
Hillary's obviously in a lot of trouble. The latest Indiana polls have Obama up by 5, and in North Carolina, Obama by 13. Winning by 1 point in Indiana does nothing for her. She needs something just short of 60% of the delegates to make this even, and that just isn't going to happen.

This is one crazy ride, man. I keep telling the 8th graders I teach that they need to pay attention; something like this may not happen for another 20-30 years. But none of them really seem interested.
8th graders have a lot on their minds these days. They're probably worried about how China's continued economic development will impact global food and commodities prices, and whether such development will translate into political liberalization. They can't be bothered with trivial stuff like a Presidential primary.

8th graders have a lot on their minds these days. They're probably worried about how China's continued economic development will impact global food and commodities prices, and whether such development will translate into political liberalization. They can't be bothered with trivial stuff like a Presidential primary.
When I was in 8th Grade, I was negotiating a peace accord in Ireland.

Living in NC I was surprised to hear how well he's doing. But I think it's more of an anti-HRC feeling than a pro-Obama feeling. Either way, he seems way ahead here. I still would think McCain carries the state though, esp since most folks feel that Gov. Easley has been AWOL lately and the sheriff election in Charlotte was a complete cluster by the Dems.

[Hillary drama]And due to the overwhelming risk of car bombs, you had to walk on the backs of poor, malnourished orphans?[/Hillary drama]

Which of course pales in comparison to the full index I put together for my comic book collection. Each book with its own card, typed.

Which of course pales in comparison to the full index I put together for my comic book collection. Each book with its own card, typed.
Why are they called books when they are merely flimsy representations of a book. Comic magazine down?

Strat. Vision:

Clinton 48

Obama 41

Q-Pac:

Clinton 51

Obama 44

Suffolk:

Clinton 52

Obama 42

SUSA:

Clinton 50

Obama 44

Again, it's over. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's over. Even if she wins PA by 20 points, this race has been decided.Reality Check

ConstruxBoy said:
shining path said:
Why are they called books when they are merely flimsy representations of a book. Comic magazine down?
There's enough ugliness in this race already. Back off my comics.

Good god, i wish this race would just be over already.

Hillary, give up already. You've thrown the kitchen sink at him and he's still in it. He's survived attacks that few other politicians could've withstood and even gained support for some of them, while your popularity has steadily dropped, your favoribility levels have dropped, the public trust in you have dropped...you've sacrificed all you have to defeat him, yet none of it is going to be good enough to create a victory for you.

By the time Obama faces McCain in the general, it will be almost like his second general election. If the dem's lose in '08, there is but ONE person to blame, and that is Hillary Rodham Clinton.

While dodging sniper fire?

Good god, i wish this race would just be over already. Hillary, give up already. You've thrown the kitchen sink at him and he's still in it. He's survived attacks that few other politicians could've withstood and even gained support for some of them, while your popularity has steadily dropped, your favoribility levels have dropped, the public trust in you have dropped...you've sacrificed all you have to defeat him, yet none of it is going to be good enough to create a victory for you.By the time Obama faces McCain in the general, it will be almost like his second general election. If the dem's lose in '08, there is but ONE person to blame, and that is Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Putting the blame on her already? Has there ever been a closer nomination/primary process?

While dodging sniper fire?
well, it was an irish wake...

Good god, i wish this race would just be over already. Hillary, give up already. You've thrown the kitchen sink at him and he's still in it. He's survived attacks that few other politicians could've withstood and even gained support for some of them, while your popularity has steadily dropped, your favoribility levels have dropped, the public trust in you have dropped...you've sacrificed all you have to defeat him, yet none of it is going to be good enough to create a victory for you.By the time Obama faces McCain in the general, it will be almost like his second general election. If the dem's lose in '08, there is but ONE person to blame, and that is Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Putting the blame on her already? Has there ever been a closer nomination/primary process?
Eugene McCarthy and Hubert Humphrey, 1968, convention settled it and Humphrey lost the general. :useless: , that's the only one I've heard of that's this close. It's never been so much that hillary has been in it, it's been the tactics she's been using to win it. The debate was case in point. She launched many attacks against Obama, whereas he launched little against her. She's really throwing all she has at him and it's hurting now only her perception, but Obama's perception and the democratic party's perception even of itself.

I've turned around on this a little. I think that the issues that Hillary has pounced on are ones that would have come up in the general election anyway (Wright, Rezko, the small-town flub, etc), but by the time they come up again people will be desensitized to them. Wright, for instance, would have hurt Obama's general election chances far more if the story had become a story in October. When McCain or his operators bring it up now, people will have had 6 or 7 months to process it and I believe that most who would have truly considered Obama to begin with will have moved past it. I believe this will be Obama's election to lose, and if he does there shouldn't be anyone to blame but his own campaign.

I've turned around on this a little. I think that the issues that Hillary has pounced on are ones that would have come up in the general election anyway (Wright, Rezko, the small-town flub, etc), but by the time they come up again people will be desensitized to them. Wright, for instance, would have hurt Obama's general election chances far more if the story had become a story in October. When McCain or his operators bring it up now, people will have had 6 or 7 months to process it and I believe that most who would have truly considered Obama to begin with will have moved past it. I believe this will be Obama's election to lose, and if he does there shouldn't be anyone to blame but his own campaign.
Really?Going into the nomination process, you had an energized and unified democratic party who would get behind a single candidate. Since Clinton's tactics of dividing, throwing the kitchen sink at Obama, 20% of voters said they will vote for McCain if their candidate doesn't win. The attacks would've come from republicans during the general election, but Obama could've retained a better reputation for a longer period of time, picking up more voters, and would've had much more capacity to fight back against the republican side, whereas fighting against hillary he's been very restrained in the issues he has brought up.The general election is much different than the primary in how one should respond to things from an opponent. IN the primary, I believe things should be much more civil between two people in a process where their views differ little. This hasn't been the case here.The best thing Hillary could do after PA is to drop out of the race, make nice with Obama, urge her supporters to rally behind him, campaign for him actively, and attempt to turn this mess around that was hugely her making, before more voters become disenchanted with the choices on the left.There could've been a real excitement coming out of the nomination process for the democrats this year, but because of this tough campaign, there won't be excitement as much as there will be a lot of people tired about hearing about these issues, and about Obama.

Not sure what the historical record says. All I do know is that this being considered a "close" race is part-Hillary not conceding and part-media creation of it being close. Up until Super Tuesday, it was close. But, when Hillary failed to make any gains in the popular vote (lost ground) and the delegate count (lost ground) and the pledging/converting superdelegate count (lost ground), it was over at that point. The rest of this is academic.Yet, Hillary supporters seem to be clinging onto this notion that their candidate still has a chance. And, the media love a good fight, so they've tried to justify it for all the reasons its produced: drama, ratings, soundbytes, etc. But, it's close only in the sense that she's hung around for a long time; not close in the sense that she has any chance at the nomination.

Hillary, give up already. You've thrown the kitchen sink at him and he's still in it. He's survived attacks that few other politicians could've withstood and even gained support for some of them, while your popularity has steadily dropped, your favoribility levels have dropped, the public trust in you have dropped...you've sacrificed all you have to defeat him, yet none of it is going to be good enough to create a victory for you.

By the time Obama faces McCain in the general, it will be almost like his second general election. If the dem's lose in '08, there is but ONE person to blame, and that is Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Really?Going into the nomination process, you had an energized and unified democratic party who would get behind a single candidate. Since Clinton's tactics of dividing, throwing the kitchen sink at Obama, 20% of voters said they will vote for McCain if their candidate doesn't win. The attacks would've come from republicans during the general election, but Obama could've retained a better reputation for a longer period of time, picking up more voters, and would've had much more capacity to fight back against the republican side, whereas fighting against hillary he's been very restrained in the issues he has brought up.

The general election is much different than the primary in how one should respond to things from an opponent. IN the primary, I believe things should be much more civil between two people in a process where their views differ little. This hasn't been the case here.

The best thing Hillary could do after PA is to drop out of the race, make nice with Obama, urge her supporters to rally behind him, campaign for him actively, and attempt to turn this mess around that was hugely her making, before more voters become disenchanted with the choices on the left.

There could've been a real excitement coming out of the nomination process for the democrats this year, but because of this tough campaign, there won't be excitement as much as there will be a lot of people tired about hearing about these issues, and about Obama.
Granted I may be overly optimistic here, but I think this is going to happen shortly after Indiana/NC. I also don't think the party is going to be much, if any, less unified after the convention than it would have been if Hill had dropped out 6 weeks ago after it was clear that she lost ground in Texas. Clinton backers will get over it, and I don't believe that 20% are really going to vote for McCain.

Really?Going into the nomination process, you had an energized and unified democratic party who would get behind a single candidate. Since Clinton's tactics of dividing, throwing the kitchen sink at Obama, 20% of voters said they will vote for McCain if their candidate doesn't win. The attacks would've come from republicans during the general election, but Obama could've retained a better reputation for a longer period of time, picking up more voters, and would've had much more capacity to fight back against the republican side, whereas fighting against hillary he's been very restrained in the issues he has brought up.

The general election is much different than the primary in how one should respond to things from an opponent. IN the primary, I believe things should be much more civil between two people in a process where their views differ little. This hasn't been the case here.

The best thing Hillary could do after PA is to drop out of the race, make nice with Obama, urge her supporters to rally behind him, campaign for him actively, and attempt to turn this mess around that was hugely her making, before more voters become disenchanted with the choices on the left.

There could've been a real excitement coming out of the nomination process for the democrats this year, but because of this tough campaign, there won't be excitement as much as there will be a lot of people tired about hearing about these issues, and about Obama.
Granted I may be overly optimistic here, but I think this is going to happen shortly after Indiana/NC. I also don't think the party is going to be much, if any, less unified after the convention than it would have been if Hill had dropped out 6 weeks ago after it was clear that she lost ground in Texas. Clinton backers will get over it, and I don't believe that 20% are really going to vote for McCain.
:thumbup: I think Obama is a little green and I hate his holier than thou approach to politics, but when it comes to policy he is virtually in lock step with Clinton. I could NEVER pull the lever for McCain.

Strat. Vision:

Clinton 48

Obama 41

Q-Pac:

Clinton 51

Obama 44

Suffolk:

Clinton 52

Obama 42

SUSA:

Clinton 50

Obama 44

Again, it's over. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's over. Even if she wins PA by 20 points, this race has been decided.Reality Check
If Hillary wins by ten or more points it's a new race. The race has not been decided, as no one has the numbers to win. Plus who knows what is waiting in Obama's closet, more hate for small towns? pastor issues, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread