What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Baseball Wagering Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Because it's opening day....

Glavine +120

Over 8

Parlayed .25 units to make 1

Glavine +120 for .5 units

Alright, lines are finally up at my book, so I sent some plays in.

Parlay:

Boston (Shilling)/Florida(Willis)

risk 1 unit to make 2.

Last time I checked, the Royals were still the Royals, and the Nationals, still sucked. I know it's opening day, but I really don't care. Boston is a good best to win 90+ games this year, and the Royals are a pretty good bet to lose 90+ games this year. Shilling is not that big of a favorite here, and Gil Meche is very hittable. I see the Sox being able to score 5+ runs here, which will be enough.

Florida is a team I'm very high on this year. Very good, young offense, and pretty good starting pitching, in particular one Dontrelle Willis. Sure the bullpen is a concern, but in this spot, I'll take a chance. Again, not a huge line for the road favorite, and it has to be because of opening day. Look at the Nationals lineup. I think the game will be low scoring, but that' because the Nationals will be lucky to score.

Parlay:

o9 Chicago/Cincinnati

o9.5 Colorado/Arizona

Good starting pitchers in the first game are a slight concern, but then I look at both teams bullpens, and sit back and smile.

In the late game, I like the Coors factor, and I like both teams offense to be honest. Rockies 3-6 hitters had huge springs, which hopefully will carry over into the beginning of the regular season. Arizona has a bunch of guys that can hit. I expect them to have some ups and downs this year, as they are so young, but early in the year, I think there will be more ups than downs.

Lost 1/3 unit last night

g'luck

TEX Millwood 8.5o-115

LAA Lackey -140

There might be 9 runs by each team. This is cash money. Millwood is a slow starter with a near 2 digit ERA in camp and Lackey has been smoked by the Rangers lineup giving up something close to a .500 BA to the top half of the lineup.

Here's what we have for today..

Milwaukee-Dodgers OVER 8 -105

Tampa-Yanks OVER 10 +100

Baltimore +1.5 runline -120

Philly-Braves UNDER 9 +100

1/2 unit parlay Cleveland -104 with Nats -104

Looking at King Felix later tonight.

ATl +113 - that is a great price on Smoltz

Wsahington +112 - if Patterson can't win the Nats could win only games

Chc/CIN O 9 +100 - looks at the pens in the Great American Bandbox

TB/NYY O10 +100 - both teams can mash

GLTA

I have never bet on baseball before but WTH. This oughta be interesting, but I'll play the following teams.

BrewCrew straight up $50.00

ChiSox straight up $50.00

G'LUCK :blackdot:

I swore I wouldn't bet on baseball. Then again, I swore I was done after the Super Bowl too!

Pissed that I didn't grab the Yanks-D'Rays Over. Hopefully, the bats will still come out for Arizona-Colorado Over 9.5 (+105)

Only doing this because it's a midday game and gives me something to watch from the office. Yeah, that's it!

Good luck to all! :rant:

Tonight I have NYM/Stl O8 -115Tomm:AZ -116 (I bet on Dbacks first game every year :bag: )AZ/Col O9.5 -105Cleve +109 (Wish I had the +115 JTC got above)I cant wait for the season to get rolling here. I am very excited. :thumbup: ;)
I will take 3/4 for the start of the season.

We took the Pirates tomorrow at +161. Snell is a good bet at that number, no way should Jennings be that large a moneyline favorite. Astros bullpen already fragile too after blowing one today. There is definate value in this line.

Parlay:Boston (Shilling)/Florida(Willis)risk 1 unit to make 2.Parlay:o9 Chicago/Cincinnatio9.5 Colorado/ArizonaLost 1/3 unit last nightg'luck
:goodposting: :thumbdown:Another parlay for today.Florida -1.5 (+120)/Washingtono9 Houston/PittsburghI'm going to ride Florida while they are in Washington. Yesterday Washington threw out there ace, and Florida roughed him up badly. Now they run Shawn Hill out there, a guy with 45 lifetime innings pitched is their #2 starter :no: Florida has a very good lineup and I think they can score some runs. The Nationals lineup isn't very good, so I'll play the run line (which I prefer doing with road favorites anyway) and take my chances for some extra value.In the other game, I get Ian Snell vs Jason Jennings. Now, I think the pitching matchup is about a wash and both teams bullpens are hittable. Houston really likes right handed pitchers and they lit up Snell pretty good each game he pitched against them last year. Now the Astros have Carlos Lee, who has to be pissed about going 0-4 in a loss last night. I look for Houston to put up 6+ runs tonight. Pittsburgh will be able to score too and if the heart of the lineup does better than 1-15 or whatever it was, I think this game is whoever bats last wins. Jennings is a huge step down in class from Oswalt.

Guru - If I remember correctly, you put together a nice little run on these parlays last year, didn't you?

3-3 yesterday and YTD

1-2 sides (-.8 units)

2-1 totals (+1.0 units)

today's games:

SD +105- Love getting Peavy at this price, SF does not have much of a lineup at all;

LAD +122 - I just think LAD gets off the snide today

AZ/COL O 10 -120; - I will keep playing the Coors field over until it does not make sense to

Balt +122 - I like getting this value with Baltimore lineup and Boof Bonser chucking for the Twinkies

I also lean with the over in Oak/Seat and Tex/LAA but have not played anything yet

GLTA

Final card for the day

AZ/Col O10 -105

LA/Mil O7.5 -120

A's/Mariners O9 -105

Mets/Cards O9.5 +105

Rangers/Angels O8.5 -125

Marlins -140

Padres EV

Giants U4 -120

Nationals U4 -115

Mets O4.5 -115

Rockies O5 -115

So I ended up taking Milwaukee over 81 wins and the D-backs over 78.5. I got both AFTER they had won their games yesterday, along with 10 cent lines (instead of 30). I posted the "story" (last post) in that "total wins" thread, if anyone cares.

I'm kinda curious if any of you have lax locals like this.

Won't dip my feet into the pool until I see more first so good luck to everybody early on. Also, I have those futures already... :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread