What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Baseball Wagering Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Like these unders for tonight:

Pitt/Houston under 9

Mets/Stl under 9.5

O's/Minn under 9.5

Texas/LAA under 9

One over -

Az/Rockies over 10

GL

Anyone have leans on the early games Wednesday? Without seeing the lines, I like the Yankees/TB Over and the Detroit/Toronto Over.

For Wednesday...

Marlins -140

Phillies -120

Reds -129

Angels -145

R-Sox -150

Twins -135

All bets always for one unit, one unit = risking $100

I call this the "Neckbone Fade System" and it has been profitable for nineteen of the past 20 years.

In Chicago today it is about 30 degrees with gusting winds. Sounds more like football weather, just an FYI. :no:

:thumbup: :thumbdown:Another parlay for today.Florida -1.5 (+120)/Washingtono9 Houston/PittsburghI'm going to ride Florida while they are in Washington. Yesterday Washington threw out there ace, and Florida roughed him up badly. Now they run Shawn Hill out there, a guy with 45 lifetime innings pitched is their #2 starter :cry: Florida has a very good lineup and I think they can score some runs. The Nationals lineup isn't very good, so I'll play the run line (which I prefer doing with road favorites anyway) and take my chances for some extra value.In the other game, I get Ian Snell vs Jason Jennings. Now, I think the pitching matchup is about a wash and both teams bullpens are hittable. Houston really likes right handed pitchers and they lit up Snell pretty good each game he pitched against them last year. Now the Astros have Carlos Lee, who has to be pissed about going 0-4 in a loss last night. I look for Houston to put up 6+ runs tonight. Pittsburgh will be able to score too and if the heart of the lineup does better than 1-15 or whatever it was, I think this game is whoever bats last wins. Jennings is a huge step down in class from Oswalt.
This year is starting for ####. Down 3.3 units in 3 days. What's worse, if I've gone 3/6 in my parlays, and the one's that have lost were the ones I was MOST confident in. I see a few things today I really, really like. But, since I'm going so bad, I'm going to keep at 1-2 plays per day.Today's parlay:Texas/LAA o9 (-130)/Detroit -1.5(+180)risking 1 unit to make 3.8Rangers are due for some runs, and the Angels having been doing just fine. Today's matchup of McCarthy vs. E. Santana are two younger starters who both are decent, but not dominant. I expect runs.Detroit is getting severely undervalued here, imo. Home team, with a crafty lefty on the mound. Robertson not great, but last year his era was around 3.85. He should keep his team in it if anything else. Toronto throws AJ Burnett out there, and frankly, I think he's severely overrated. People look at him and think wow, overpowering, lots of strikeouts. I say, show me first. I see hittable, oft-injured, overrated. Detroit's bullpen is better, and their offense is an older, veteran team, should be able to gut this one out. g'luck

Found this little nugget out there on the internet about the CWS and Tribe this pm:

Garland one of the more profitable pitchers the last 2 seasons (+18 units).

16-4 as a dog

18-3 in day games

7-2 in April

Westbrook is the opposite, -11 units vs. division L2 yrs.

5-13 in small fav role

4-12 in April

Would seem to me that CWS is the play

Yankee game postponed according to Bodog. Bumps my two-teamer down to a straight-up:

Detroit-Toronto Over 8.5 (-120)

Good luck to all! :lmao:

YTD:

Sides: 2-4 (-1.75 units)

Totals: 2-2 (-.2 units)

rough day yesterday, trying to right the ship with these:

Wash +150 ( good value; Florida is not a bunch of world beaters, home team trying to avoid a sweep; teams are never as bad or as good as they look)

ARZ/COL O 10.5 -115 (I will keep playing the overs at Coors for now - 1-1 on the year)

Chicago WhiteSox: + 100 ( saw great stats on Garland)

CWS/Clev: U 10.5 +100 -( it is cold as heck in Chicago today - really playing the conditions more than anything else and saw JTC on it as well)

GLTA

So far I like..

Cleveland-Chisox UNDER 10.5 -105
Booked.Added:

Marlins RL +100 Sanchez over Chico

Arizona Davis +100 over Colorado Lopez

Slight lean Angels/Rangers Under 9. Will wait until I see how early games shake out.

I think the Fish sweep the Nats. Chico is making his major league debut today after a pretty horrendous spring. Sanchez put injury concerns to bed with a nice spring and I like the trend to continue here today of solid starting performances by the Fish coupled by poor outings from Washington starters. As well, the Nats bullpen has been taxed heavily the last few days. Pour it on...

Rodrigo Lopez gave up 32 HR last year for Baltimore. 28 the year before that. Now he calls Coors Field home? Wow. I think Davis bounces back from a sub-par year and starts off on the right foot today. I think Lopez gets shelled.

YTD:Sides: 2-4 (-1.75 units)Totals: 2-2 (-.2 units)rough day yesterday, trying to right the ship with these:Wash +150 ( good value; Florida is not a bunch of world beaters, home team trying to avoid a sweep; teams are never as bad or as good as they look)ARZ/COL O 10.5 -115 (I will keep playing the overs at Coors for now - 1-1 on the year)Chicago WhiteSox: + 100 ( saw great stats on Garland)CWS/Clev: U 10.5 +100 -( it is cold as heck in Chicago today - really playing the conditions more than anything else and saw JTC on it as well)GLTA
Good luck, AB. I couldn't find one thing I liked about Chico and the Nats, but best of luck on that one. +150 really is nice home value, but I just couldn't find anything to like about this team after watching them start so flat.

Welcome back GM, have not seen you post for a while. :goodposting:

Your presence has been requested in the Derby thread, Gambler was near tears with you not posting there.

GM's back! :popcorn: Are you going through a local?
Nah. I'm teaming up with JTC and we're breaking the law together. Fack 'em, I say. It's baseball wagering and if I can't gamble on America's past time, then I don't want to be an American anymore. Give me liberty or give me cake.

Anyone else get a bad bad feeling about Ervin Santana today? I've got him in a fantasy league and I'm going to sit him. He had some pretty abysmal spring performances and while that means jack spit, the Rangers are trying to avoid a sweep.

Maybe McCarthy +135 is worth a second look?

HOLY #### are the Nats terrible; Glad to see GM making money on this one if I am going to get my ### handed to me

Welcome Back GM

:unsure:

Yankee game postponed according to Bodog. Bumps my two-teamer down to a straight-up:

Detroit-Toronto Over 8.5 (-120)

Good luck to all! :doh:
8-0 in the third! wow.I feel like a ##### now for turning down that Granderson for Dan Wheeler offer yesterday morning. :lmao:
Wish they all came that easy. Needed that after my 1-4 pounding yesterday (0-2 in MLB; 1-2 in NBA). Riding the winnings on Arizona-Colorado Over 10.5 (-120) with the rest of the group. Was going to stand put, but as a true degenerate, I couldn't resist. And of course, a 1-2-3 start to the 1st inning! :yucky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Angry Beavers said:
YTD:Sides: 2-4 (-1.75 units)Totals: 2-2 (-.2 units)rough day yesterday, trying to right the ship with these:Wash +150 ( good value; Florida is not a bunch of world beaters, home team trying to avoid a sweep; teams are never as bad or as good as they look)ARZ/COL O 10.5 -115 (I will keep playing the overs at Coors for now - 1-1 on the year)Chicago WhiteSox: + 100 ( saw great stats on Garland)CWS/Clev: U 10.5 +100 -( it is cold as heck in Chicago today - really playing the conditions more than anything else and saw JTC on it as well)GLTA
Well, the only good thing to come out of that Jorge Julio abortion of an inning was that my good buddy AB got +150 on this one. unreal. I quit.again.

Big tease in the Colorado/Arizona game. 4 runs in the 1st 1.5 innings; 2 more through the next 6 innings.

Seems rallys are being killed by the abomination from last year known as "the easy double play". :shock:

and the worst part is my current Pen in my roto league includes Julio thus detroying my whip and era and costing my a save but winning me a cheap 1.5 units and costing my good buddy a unit or two

:mixedfeelings:

:ihateitwhengamblingandrotocollide:

Adding some totals:

Cubs/Reds O9 +105

Mets/Cards O9.5-110

Red Sox/Royals O9.5 EV

Phillies O4.5 -115

Cubs O4.5 -105

Reds O4.5 -115

Mets O4.5 -130

Red Sox O5 -120

and 1 side

Phillies -130

Suspect day for the syndicate but we are going to try and swing out of a slump..

Baltimore +119- Orioles have been in both games so far and I think this is a good enough price to take a chance that they avoid a sweep.

Brewers-Dodgers OVER 7.5 -120- This number is way too low. Brewers have been hitting the ball pretty well and Schmidt is no longer a shut down pitcher and for sure Suppan isn't. Don't see why they can't get 8 runs tonight. I think we will hit this total easy.

Astros-Pirates OVER 9 -110- Both games have been low scoring so far but these are far from studs on the mound and both lineups have some punch.

Giants-Padres OVER 7.5 -110- Another total that seems too low with two young pitchers on the mound. Certainly one of these guys will put some runners on base and the way the Padres were hitting yesterday, we are not predicting a pitcher's duel.

What a gift in the Col-Ariz game, huh? Left work at the bottom of the 8th with the score at 4-2. Didn't think the Rockies would do anything but protect the lead. I get stuck in traffic and pull up the score on my cell phone: 9-2!!! :moneybag: And the final score crushed the total once the D'backs woke up.

The victory may be short lived though. I parlayed LAD/Mil Over 7.5 (-120)/Bos/KC Over 9.5 (EV). Dodgers and Brewers can't buy a run early on.

So far I like..

Cleveland-Chisox UNDER 10.5 -105
Booked.Added:

Marlins RL +100 Sanchez over Chico

Arizona Davis +100 over Colorado Lopez

Slight lean Angels/Rangers Under 9. Will wait until I see how early games shake out.

I think the Fish sweep the Nats. Chico is making his major league debut today after a pretty horrendous spring. Sanchez put injury concerns to bed with a nice spring and I like the trend to continue here today of solid starting performances by the Fish coupled by poor outings from Washington starters. As well, the Nats bullpen has been taxed heavily the last few days. Pour it on...

Rodrigo Lopez gave up 32 HR last year for Baltimore. 28 the year before that. Now he calls Coors Field home? Wow. I think Davis bounces back from a sub-par year and starts off on the right foot today. I think Lopez gets shelled.
All right!!!!!Good to see you. How have you been I hope all is well with the family.

YTD 6/6

parlays 0/0 (yesterdays parlay was cx due to rain out)

Today so far I have

Atl -105

Tor +124

Parlay Bos -165, CWS -105

:lmao:

guru_007 said:
This year is starting for ####. Down 3.3 units in 3 days. What's worse, if I've gone 3/6 in my parlays, and the one's that have lost were the ones I was MOST confident in. I see a few things today I really, really like. But, since I'm going so bad, I'm going to keep at 1-2 plays per day.Today's parlay:Texas/LAA o9 (-130)/Detroit -1.5(+180)risking 1 unit to make 3.8Rangers are due for some runs, and the Angels having been doing just fine. Today's matchup of McCarthy vs. E. Santana are two younger starters who both are decent, but not dominant. I expect runs.Detroit is getting severely undervalued here, imo. Home team, with a crafty lefty on the mound. Robertson not great, but last year his era was around 3.85. He should keep his team in it if anything else. Toronto throws AJ Burnett out there, and frankly, I think he's severely overrated. People look at him and think wow, overpowering, lots of strikeouts. I say, show me first. I see hittable, oft-injured, overrated. Detroit's bullpen is better, and their offense is an older, veteran team, should be able to gut this one out. g'luck
Just plain ####### awful. Thank God that the over didn't hit in the Rangers/LAA game, as I threw up a bit in my mouth when Detroit blew a 9-0 lead....well, just enough to #### my rl bet.down 4.3 units for the year so far :whoosh: :thumbdown:

Hang in there GURU - the key to baseball season is to stay patient.

Of course, my record thus far through three days sucks as well so WTF do I know?

YTD:

Totals: 3-6 (-3.3U)

Sides: 4-6 (-1.25 U)

Don't see a whole lot I like today and we were not good yesterday, although we improved a little last night. GM may have something for us, I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread