What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (4 Viewers)

I saw on Slickdeals that some Target stores still had the iPad mini in stock. Checked their site and one around here had it! I jumped in my truck and drove over there like a bat out of hell! I got the last one! $299 and they gave me a $75 gift card and a 20% off coupon! So it's very close to the walmart deal. I'm using it now and it's glorious.

As I was leaving the store I realized the gift card means I'll have to go back to Target at some point. :(

However we want to go to some National Parks and we wanted to have a different experience, these all look good, thanks for the quick reviews on all these.
I actually do quite a bit of my shooting in National Parks and two things that really come in handy are a good tripod and software that allows you to create HDR images.
Pretty good deal on a quality 62" tripod(ball head, quick release, bubble level) for under $30....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=Vu3TJlooEeOfWur7UEsVTA0_4KBq3_QLQ_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16830997652&cm_sp=

... but if you are planning on hiking through the parks you may wait until you can find a carbon fiber tripod because they are lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to get alerts on the amazon lightening deals or do I have to watch amazon all day?

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like it sold out shortly after I got my order in

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)

$14.96
List Price: $99.98
You Save: $85.02 (85%)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZQAKHU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=yFgY7lt5EeOzIRLmL3fJdg0_AQUq3_0_0_0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=13DZBPW3CKVMESFM7JY9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1630083462&pf_rd_i=507846

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Extended Editions) [blu-ray] (2012)Elijah Wood (Actor), Ian McKellen (Actor), Peter Jackson (Director) | Rated: PG-13 | Format: Blu-ray
2.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6,705 customer reviews)
List Price: $119.98 Price: $39.96 & FREE Shipping

The only good deal I saw from Black Friday and Cyber Monday was the $29.99 Chromecase with $6 Google Play credit from Amazon. Other than that, most deals weren't really that great or were still expensive even with the discount.

The only good deal I saw from Black Friday and Cyber Monday was the $29.99 Chromecase with $6 Google Play credit from Amazon. Other than that, most deals weren't really that great or were still expensive even with the discount.
Seems like it's been like that for the past couple of years(unless you were in the market for a TV).

I think the Monday before Thanksgiving is actually the day you see the best deals as pre-black-friday.

Maybe it's a good trend, shop for great deals before Thanksgiving and after Christmas and during the holidays between those two days...... well, just enjoy time with your loved ones.

FYI for those looking for a good way to watch NFL online, using this apparently you can watch any NFL game for free using NFL gamepass via the netherlands. i havent tried it myself since i have the directtv package but $31 is a good price for all NFL games.

This is a thing of the past. I can't see many people falling for this anymore. Stores might as well move on to some other way of getting people to shop with them.

How did so many donks spend $2B yesterday on Cyber Monday? What were they buying? There was #### for deals.

WhatDoIKnow said:
I agree that some of the better deals were before Thanksgiving. Has this been a bad year for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, or is this just another way for corporate 'Murica to kill Thanksgiving? :rant:
:goodposting:

The whole black Friday/cyber Monday concept was crap this year at least from the consumer standpoint. It seems like in past years we had pages and pages of deals that we were all interested in. This year it was a handful of TV's (that we already own) and a few places with a deal on a tablet and then nothing.

I know the CNBC talking heads were saying retailers are worried because even though they were able to get shoppers out in force the past few days they aren't buying like last year. Some say it's proof the economy isn't doing well and others are saying the shoppers just didn't see deals and they know everything is going to get price cut like last year so they are waiting out retailers.

This is a thing of the past. I can't see many people falling for this anymore. Stores might as well move on to some other way of getting people to shop with them.
And if they have to give away stuff to get people in the store where they aren't buying anything else I wonder how much longer stores will open on Thanksgiving night or at 4AM and put up with all the headache and extra cost.

How did so many donks spend $2B yesterday on Cyber Monday? What were they buying? There was #### for deals.
I had a buddy text me at 9pm:

H: Hey man what's the best deal on a 60" TV?

M: I have no idea I'm out at dinner, I'll take a look at what I can find tomorrow.

H: But it's Cyber Monday, I gotta buy today!!!

M: Go to slickdeals.com

I hit a lightning deal for a 55" TV yesterday on Amazon. Not a massive discount, but I need a TV and it was a good deal. In retrospect, maybe I should have tried for something on Black Friday, but I just loathe the idea of going to the stores and fighting the unruly mob.

I hit a lightning deal for a 55" TV yesterday on Amazon. Not a massive discount, but I need a TV and it was a good deal. In retrospect, maybe I should have tried for something on Black Friday, but I just loathe the idea of going to the stores and fighting the unruly mob.
I'm not saying there were zero good deals, but most I saw weren't that great. Didn't see the 55" on Amazon. What brand and how much?

Users who are viewing this thread