What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (4 Viewers)

Cyber Monday killed Black Friday. Amazon killed Cyber Monday by making a Cyber Monday deals week. Then they pretty much started spreading their multiple Lightning deals out throughout the entire month. So basically, there are always "deals" and Amazon dictates everything. If you keep an eye on Amazon throughout the year, many of these deals are available at other times.

Cyber Monday killed Black Friday. Amazon killed Cyber Monday by making a Cyber Monday deals week. Then they pretty much started spreading their multiple Lightning deals out throughout the entire month. So basically, there are always "deals" and Amazon dictates everything. If you keep an eye on Amazon throughout the year, many of these deals are available at other times.
We need a Mega Wednesday to kill all of it. ####### hate this time of year.

Definitely. Amazon and NewEgg are the first places I look when I'm buying any type of electronics. Much cheaper. And Amazon usually has some sort of deal all the time. I was able to get a new Moto X and Great Gatsby Blu-ray for a total of $8.01 shipped. That wasn't even on Black Friday.

Pretty cool stuff

How did so many donks spend $2B yesterday on Cyber Monday? What were they buying? There was #### for deals.
I hit a lightning deal for a 55" TV yesterday on Amazon. Not a massive discount, but I need a TV and it was a good deal. In retrospect, maybe I should have tried for something on Black Friday, but I just loathe the idea of going to the stores and fighting the unruly mob.
I'm not saying there were zero good deals, but most I saw weren't that great. Didn't see the 55" on Amazon. What brand and how much?
It was an RCA for $549, free shipping - plus, I get a bit of a discount by buying through my own affiliate link (basically offsets the sales tax). It's not Smart and isn't the most feature-rich thing ever, but for the size I'm satisfied with the price.

Agreed, most deals weren't great. I was very surprised just how not-great, actually. I checked sites all over the place and found very few noteworthy deals.

Nike.com has 25% off (+Free Shipping) of any items already on clearance.

WhatDoIKnow said:
I agree that some of the better deals were before Thanksgiving. Has this been a bad year for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, or is this just another way for corporate 'Murica to kill Thanksgiving? :rant:
It's bull####, man.

This whole thing is just a media/advertisement creation. There are some great, limited deals if you wait in line for stores to open. However, prices on most things just get cheaper by New Year.

Cheap physical media is the only thing I even look at.

My BluRay player crapped out so thinking of getting a PS3 to replace it. Anyone got any smoking deals on one? Last system I had was the OG XBox, other than a Wii. What size ps3 should I get GB wise?

My BluRay player crapped out so thinking of getting a PS3 to replace it. Anyone got any smoking deals on one? Last system I had was the OG XBox, other than a Wii. What size ps3 should I get GB wise?
I'd check out Craigslist. I bet a bunch of people are trying to sell their old systems to get the new ones.

If you have a Microsoft Store near you it might be worth standing in line on Monday morning if you don't have to get there too early. At least they tell you that there will only be 20 available per store so you'll know whether you'll get one before you get in line.....

"*Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet: $99 Sale Price, $299 Reg. Price. 20 available per store while supplies last (Minimum Guaranteed Time: 1 hr.)

Valid 12/9/2013, while supplies last. Available in select Microsoft retail and online stores in US (including Puerto Rico). Available in select Microsoft retail stores in Canada only; not valid online in Canada. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Not combinable with other offers. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit 1 per customer."

BoltBacker said:
If you have a Microsoft Store near you it might be worth standing in line on Monday morning if you don't have to get there too early. At least they tell you that there will only be 20 available per store so you'll know whether you'll get one before you get in line.....

"*Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet: $99 Sale Price, $299 Reg. Price. 20 available per store while supplies last (Minimum Guaranteed Time: 1 hr.)

Valid 12/9/2013, while supplies last. Available in select Microsoft retail and online stores in US (including Puerto Rico). Available in select Microsoft retail stores in Canada only; not valid online in Canada. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Not combinable with other offers. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit 1 per customer."
Wow, great deal. Didn't even know Microsoft had a store

2015!!

Amazon as of 11/2/2015

Amazon Black Friday Store

• Motorolo Moto X (second generation) for $199.99
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for $39.99
  • 30% off Sony XBR55X900C 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV with a Blu-ray Player
  • $170 off the Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
  • 47% off Jaybird X Sport Bluetooth Headphones
  • Optima HD37 Full 3D 1080p 2600 Lumens DLP Home Cinema Projector for less than $800
  • 40% off select toys from top construction brands including K’NEX, Tegu, and Magformer
  • Up to 50% off select Home Automation products
  • Up to 50% off hundreds of PetSafe items

Last edited by a moderator:
My 60" Sony has been a real trooper but it may be time.

Saw this today for a reference point.

Amazon early Black Friday deals

Samsung un60j6200 60" 1080p smart led tv. 2015 model. List $1,699.99. $847.99 and free shipping. Prime.

2015!!

Amazon as of 11/2/2015

Amazon Black Friday Store

• Motorolo Moto X (second generation) for $199.99
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain for $39.99
  • 30% off Sony XBR55X900C 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV with a Blu-ray Player
  • $170 off the Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
  • 47% off Jaybird X Sport Bluetooth Headphones
  • Optima HD37 Full 3D 1080p 2600 Lumens DLP Home Cinema Projector for less than $800
  • 40% off select toys from top construction brands including K’NEX, Tegu, and Magformer
  • Up to 50% off select Home Automation products
  • Up to 50% off hundreds of PetSafe items
I'm not seeing the deal on the Sony tv? Is it the $2096 price??

Any iPhone 6 deals to be had? The wife and daughter's contracts with Verizon are up and they're itching to use their upgrades. Through Verizon, the 6 is currently $200 and the 6s is $300.

Was reading an article about the Sam's Club PS4 sale, and this part caught my eye:

Walmart has already released its 2015 Toy Book, with deals actually starting at the beginning of the month and running right through to Christmas Eve. Some highlights include (via Al.com) the following items.Lego Star Wars TIE Fighter – $69
Monster High Deadluxe High School Playset – $129, regularly $144
Disney Doc McStuffins Pet Veck Check Up Center – $69, was $74.44
Backyard Discovery Monticello Cedar Swing Set – $597.97
PlayStation 4 Star Wars Battlefront 500 GB bundle – $349
I'm not one who usually buys console + game bundles, but this might be an exception. Typically, the bundled games are of no interest to me, but I'm actually pretty excited about battlefront. Solid price, might just pre-order it today... :unsure:

Not too impressed with most of the BF deals so far.

IMO, if you see a good deal today, don't fall into the "That's a great deal, but I'll hold off until Black Friday" mindset.

A recent example of this is the Newegg Xbox One deals the other day.

Best Buy has their ad out

Samsung 60" 4K Ultra HD TV: With an expansive 2160p screen and 4K Ultra HD

seems super cheap what am I missing here??
Have my eye on that, but there's no reviews on Best Buy's site. They have other 4K TVs in the ad that are different models than this Samsung, so is this just the low-end model?

ETA: I did find this: http://www.product-reviews.net/2015/11/10/samsung-60-inch-un60ju6390fxza-4k-tv-reviews-missing/

Best Buy has their ad out

Samsung 60" 4K Ultra HD TV: With an expansive 2160p screen and 4K Ultra HD

seems super cheap what am I missing here??
Have my eye on that, but there's no reviews on Best Buy's site. They have other 4K TVs in the ad that are different models than this Samsung, so is this just the low-end model?

ETA: I did find this: http://www.product-reviews.net/2015/11/10/samsung-60-inch-un60ju6390fxza-4k-tv-reviews-missing/
120hz if that even matters with 4k

its a doorbuster so im assuming 3 per store

dell still has the best xbox one BF bundle so far. not loving any of the other BF deals (from best buy, walmart, target, etc.)

Amazon released their Black Friday Deals:

Electronics:

Books, Music & Video Games:

• 80% off Transformers: The Covenant of Primus
  • Save more than 50% on Deathstroke Volume 1 Book and Mask Set
  • Save on more than 10 autographed CDs, including Kenny Rogers, Megadeth, and more (Amazon Exclusive)
  • Save 15% or more on select vinyl records
  • Save $20 on Need for Speed
  • Save $30 on Rock Band 4 Wireless Guitar Bundle
  • $50 off Xbox One Consoles
  • $50 off PlayStation 4 Uncharted Bundle
  • $25 off Metal Gear Solid V
  • Hundreds of PC download deals up to 70% off

Users who are viewing this thread