What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Broken Promises to the Trumpettes (1 Viewer)

What about the children in Aleppo right now? They are born children who are alive. Any anti abortion person who claims to be pro life while completely disregarding situations such as those in Aleppo are the biggest ####### hypocritical shams ever.
From conception to birth.  That's what's important.  

Not fishing here ... But what are you semi impressed with?
I think he's come across as thoughtful and reserved so far - and I'm in favor of his backtracking on some of his more outlandish campaign positions (although some were obviously never going to happen, like the wall or "lock her up"). I think he's been respectful of the sitting president, which he should be - and I think he looks determined to actually be a "great" president. As much as his ego can make him appear to be a clown at times, it's the very narcissism that likely won't allow him to sully his legacy by acting less than presidential going forward. 

I think he's come across as thoughtful and reserved so far - and I'm in favor of his backtracking on some of his more outlandish campaign positions (although some were obviously never going to happen, like the wall or "lock her up"). I think he's been respectful of the sitting president, which he should be - and I think he looks determined to actually be a "great" president. As much as his ego can make him appear to be a clown at times, it's the very narcissism that likely won't allow him to sully his legacy by acting less than presidential going forward. 
Wait wait wait! This is the We Hope Our President Fails thread!

This thread is stupid and just shows people dont understand trump. Or even how to govern.  The wrong way to govern is to have a list of promises and then say that you will never budge on them. Thats how a 12 year old governs. Trump is a dealmaker. He wrote "the art of the deal". This is his specialty. He understands that to get what he wants he has to give up other things. If he is a successful president, it will be BECAUSE of his ability to do this, not in spite of it. 

Apple Jack said:
:lmao:

And you are in favor of him validating that he was utterly full of #### in the campaign and thus nobody really knows where he stands on many of the issues he was most vocal about. That is reasonable to you?
Is it reasonable? Not necessarily (although it's fairly typical that "the candidate" v. "the man/woman in office" are two very different people). Like I said (while I didn't think he had a prayer to be elected) I knew if he was, that some of those things were never going to happen. Only fools thought he'd lock up his friend Hillary or be able to build the wall.

Nevertheless, should I not be glad that he's softened some of his stances that made him undesirable to me in the first place? I'm actually pleased that he's mostly concerned with only deporting those undocumented Mexicans that are guilty of major crimes and is looking at abortion and gay marriage as "settled law".

Now that he's been elected, I want him to do......you know....well. I hope he is a great president - not sure why that's a bad thing? I'm much happier that he was reserved and stoic during his first interview on 60 Minutes than the bombastic fool that ran.

This thread is stupid and just shows people dont understand trump. Or even how to govern.  The wrong way to govern is to have a list of promises and then say that you will never budge on them. Thats how a 12 year old governs. Trump is a dealmaker. He wrote "the art of the deal". This is his specialty. He understands that to get what he wants he has to give up other things. If he is a successful president, it will be BECAUSE of his ability to do this, not in spite of it. 
No he didn't.

The bottom line is if Trump help the economy, jobs are created, stock market is good, not involved heavily on the ground somewhere, and the health care fiasco is somewhat fixed nobody will give a dam about  Roe vs Wade, what bathroom someone craps in, or any other things he said.
I think that most reasonable people would agree with this, but I also think that a decent chunk of the most vocal Trumpkins are rather unlikely to be reasonable. The reactions to him not going after Hillary really reinforce this for me. We'll see how it plays out, but I think that he's going to be savaged by the same alt-right online communities that so vocally supported him if he walks back on alot of the crazy and stupid crap that he said while campaigning. Same with the traditionally Democratic working class folks in the rust belt when they realize that the coal and manufacturing jobs simply aren't coming back, no matter what anyone says or does.

So what does he want?

I think one of the big reasons trump won was that while he said crazy things during the campaign, voters really didnt think he actually do them. so if he goes back on things it wont hurt him. 

I think one of the big reasons trump won was that while he said crazy things during the campaign, voters really didnt think he actually do them. so if he goes back on things it wont hurt him. 
I think this applies to some of his voters but not others.  From what I can tell, Trump was able to build a coalition of voters that don't necessarily agree with each other (e.g., the alt-right and establishment Republicans and Reagan Democrat types) because they all interpreted what he said differently.  Some people voted for him because he was going to build a wall, some people voted for him because they knew he wasn't really going to build a wall. 

Trump said what people wanted to hear, without any real plan or idea how to make it work. He ran a campaign based on him, as an individual, fixing everything to MAGA. Immigration & crime problems? Build a wall. Terrorism? Ban Muslims. End corruption in govt? Jail HRC. His campaign promises are not feasible but his followers believe in him to fundamentally change or fix America and I believe his supporters want exactly what he campaigned on (secretly or openly).

I spoke to a Trumpette, who claims he isn't racist, and we talked about the Sessions / Bannon appointments and their history. This individual, a white male ~43 somehow believes he's the minority, that he's targeted for being white and said maybe the history of Sessions and Bannon isn't necessarily a bad thing to help MAGA.

ETA: Is this what we've come to? Electing someone who is knowingly lying with such outlandish promises and has no real plan other than to lock her up?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the children in Aleppo right now? They are born children who are alive. Any anti abortion person who claims to be pro life while completely disregarding situations such as those in Aleppo are the biggest ####### hypocritical shams ever.
What is the current president doing about these poor children?

Prepare for this thread to get a lot bigger.  it looks like the global warming hoax has caught another fish in Trump.

Also looks like he won't prosecute Hillary, and may continue the illegal slushfund payments to insurers through the end of the year to keep Obamacare alive until the end of 2017.

Haley for UN Ambassador and Mitt for Sec/State?  Odd that he feels the need to nominate centrists to appease a bunch of butthurt crybabies on the left.  What's next? Eric Holder for the Supreme Court?

If you are an fierce Trump supporter what issues/promises are your breaking point?  Which promises, if broken or unfulfilled, would cause you to vote the other way in 4 years?

If you are an fierce Trump supporter what issues/promises are your breaking point?  Which promises, if broken or unfulfilled, would cause you to vote the other way in 4 years?
Well President elect Trump made no campaign promises at all. Which is what makes this thread so comical. 

Trump identifies issues and does not make promises.

President elect Trump clearly stated that anything he said was a suggestion. More candidates should run their campaigns like the President to be. If you are a candidate you are running with imperfect information about a situation and to make promises such as "you can keep your doctor" when that is actually impossible are at best ill advised.

The ability of the president to accept new information and flexible in his positions is a highly desirable attribute. 

This goes right back to the foolishness of the people who are failing to get up to speed on modern politics. The "Trump supporters take him seriously but not literally, and Clinton supporters take him literally and not seriously" couldn't be more true. 

We elect a mindset and a general direction. Specifics need to have committees, panels and preparation. Not a sound byte. 

You didn't really expect to get free college for everyone did you? 

Well President elect Trump made no campaign promises at all. Which is what makes this thread so comical. 

President elect Trump clearly stated that anything he said was a suggestion. More candidates should run their campaigns like the President to be. If you are a candidate you are running with imperfect information about a situation and to make promises such as "you can keep your doctor" when that is actually impossible are at best ill advised.

The ability of the president to accept new information and flexible in his positions is a highly desirable attribute. 

This goes right back to the foolishness of the people who are failing to get up to speed on modern politics. The "Trump supporters take him seriously but not literally, and Clinton supporters take him literally and not seriously" couldn't be more true. 

We elect a mindset and a general direction. Specifics need to have committees, panels and preparation. Not a sound byte. 

Would have loved this opinion expressed when all the dip####s with the flip flops were running the republican party.

Pretty much nothing. 

1 - All I want from him is secure the border in whatever form that takes, from letting Border Patrol do their job to the wall where needed.

2 - Deport the 2 to 3 million illegal aliens that commit violent crimes and deport others as they commit crimes.

3 - Strongly vet any immigrants that comes from Muslim countries.

4 - Roll back as many Obama Executive Orders as he can, especially that Dreamer Executive Order.

4 - Appoint a Supreme Court nominee that believes in an originalist approach to the constitution.

Edited to add;

Anything he does will be far better than having Clinton there. Actually that in itself is a net gain.

Very well said.  I agree with you and so far I've liked how he's taken everything as a mindset and general direction.  I do however think there are a lot of voters out there that are expecting a lot of these promises to be literally fulfilled.  Which may end up costly to Trump in four years.

I think that most reasonable people would agree with this, but I also think that a decent chunk of the most vocal Trumpkins are rather unlikely to be reasonable. The reactions to him not going after Hillary really reinforce this for me. We'll see how it plays out, but I think that he's going to be savaged by the same alt-right online communities that so vocally supported him if he walks back on alot of the crazy and stupid crap that he said while campaigning. Same with the traditionally Democratic working class folks in the rust belt when they realize that the coal and manufacturing jobs simply aren't coming back, no matter what anyone says or does.
As a Trump Supporter I could not care less about Hillary Clinton.

Trump Supporters don't give a rats patootie about the ALT-Right. They are as bad as the ALT-Left organizations such as BLM, MoveOn.org. etc

Trump has very clearly stated many things. But this one statement is the one we should be listening to?

OK, sure.

Funny we didn't hear any of this during the election. I don't recall Trumpkins discussing the''general direction", it was very specific policies.

This is lame spin, digging up quotes from May  on one specific topic, and applying it to all of his plans. What a joke.

Trump very clearly stated his plans for the wall, and went so far as to describe construction materials he would use.  

Don't understand why Libs would bash this, wouldn't it be a good thing he is compromising to the whiny crybabies position? :lmao:

the whining will never end. 

That's funny because when John Kerry did that he was called the flip flopper.  But I wouldn't expect anything less.  

Don't understand why Libs would bash this, wouldn't it be a good thing he is compromising to the whiny crybabies position? :lmao:

Yeah, it's not whining to keep a running list of Trump's promises he didn't follow through on.  Do you not know that?  

The real question is why aren't Trumpkins whining?  Soon as this guy gets out of bed, he's backing down on each campaign promise as fast as he can swipe a golden Sharpie.  

In fairness, there are some  true believers out there who are angry at Trump.  Not the message board poseurs who are only concerned with libs losing. 

What would be a fair and proper way to evaluate the Trump Administration?  Should Trump's campaign talking points be part of the process?

I don't know exactly.  But people seem to be very passionate about him.  It's going to be hilarious watching their current exuberance turn to ash in their mouth.   They are so happy now that we can return to 1950 and get Mayberry back.  

Softened his stance on abortion you say?  But but but they are ripping babies out of the womb!   Abortion is my biggest pet peeve in politics.  The right has used this to sucker their constituency for 40 years.  They will control everything now for two years and they won't repeal Roe v. Wade.  They can't.  But they say they can about every two year and like rats to a feeder bar they lock in millions of votes with that one simple lie.  

They don't want to touch abortion.  Because you know what they hate more than poor little babies being ripped from the wombs of their wanton whore mothers?  They hate losing single issue voters like my co worker who goes to church every day.  She doesn't give one #### about jobs, economy, tax code, regulations...nothing.  She votes only to save the babies.  
Exactly.

Yeah, it's not whining to keep a running list of Trump's promises he didn't follow through on.  Do you not know that?  

The real question is why aren't Trumpkins whining?  Soon as this guy gets out of bed, he's backing down on each campaign promise as fast as he can swipe a golden Sharpie.  

In fairness, there are some  true believers out there who are angry at Trump.  Not the message board poseurs who are only concerned with libs losing. 
Didn't follow through on promises...similar to Obama providing everyone healthcare at an affordable price right?

Didn't follow through on promises...similar to Obama providing everyone healthcare at an affordable price right?
Yes, very similar. 

What does Trump have to do with Obama?  He didn't run against Obama.  If it's more of the same, then what are you so happy about?

If the best you have is well, Obama derp derp derp, then we can stop right here.  

Yes, very similar. 

What does Trump have to do with Obama?  He didn't run against Obama.  If it's more of the same, then what are you so happy about?

If the best you have is well, Obama derp derp derp, then we can stop right here.  
No....don't make him stop.  We aren't even out of the blocks yet and Trump is flailing around like a baffoon.  We get to enjoy this for 1 more year before Trump quits citing a conflict of interest.  

I didn't say that.  I said they all make dozens of promises they don't keep, but say to get elected.

FWIW, I didn't vote for him.

Exactly. The crybabies should Google "Obama campaign promise broken" if you have an extra couple hours. 

Oh but now that you didn't get your way we'll put this one under the microscope.  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread