What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Broken Promises to the Trumpettes (1 Viewer)

Didn't vote for Trump, but he should be evaluated the same as every other president under the constitution:

Does he safeguard our liberty?

Does he faithfully administer the laws duly passed by Congress?
You claim you didn't vote for Trump.  How did the two questions you listed affect your voting decision?  

Sabertooth said:
They all lie.  But he took it to a whole new level.  
Quantity seemed to be on par...the blatant nature was a 5000 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Not sure I've ever seen that level before.  I felt like he was sitting in his room at night trying to figure out what he could say that would get people to turn on him.  

You can add ending the Common Core to the list. His Sec of Ed is a CC supporter. 
There's conflicting information out about that.  There's years of evidence of DeVos supporting Common Core, but today when she got nominated for Secretary Of Education she said she was "against Common Core, period."

GoBirds said:
Exactly. The crybabies should Google "Obama campaign promise broken" if you have an extra couple hours. 

Oh but now that you didn't get your way we'll put this one under the microscope.  :lmao:
One huge difference of course is that Obama had to fight tooth and nail against congress and didn't have the SCOTUS in his pocket.  So not really the same at all.  

Keep in mind that DeVos is a single-issue warrior on the education issue.  She's all-in on vouchers, that's why she got the job, and that's what she's going to spend her time fighting for.  Common Core will be an afterthought, maybe a pawn.

That's fair, I rescind my comment. It seems mixed. She now is anti CC, but wasn't always. 
She was pro-CC before, but that was just 'figuratively'.  Now she is 'literally' against it, and always has been.  Any voter with a brain in his head, could tell the difference.  Come on man, read between the lines. 

Didn't vote for Trump, but he should be evaluated the same as every other president under the constitution:

Does he safeguard our liberty?

Does he faithfully administer the laws duly passed by Congress?
The republicans start losing elections when they lose focus of jobs and the economy and instead worry about guns, homosexuals & religion. However, democrats start losing elections when they lose focus of jobs and the economy and worry instead about guns, homosexuals, & religion. Funny how that works. 

Trump focused on jobs and the economy and got elected. Now he needs to stick to that. 

The republicans start losing elections when they lose focus of jobs and the economy and instead worry about guns, homosexuals & religion. However, democrats start losing elections when they lose focus of jobs and the economy and worry instead about guns, homosexuals, & religion. Funny how that works. 

Trump focused on jobs and the economy and got elected. Now he needs to stick to that. 
Did Trump ever really "focus on" anything?

One huge difference of course is that Obama had to fight tooth and nail against congress
To be fair, that wasn't all Congress' fault.  It wasn't like Mr. "Elections have consequences if you want to help get in the back while we drive" was trying real hard to reach across the aisle

Keep in mind that DeVos is a single-issue warrior on the education issue.  She's all-in on vouchers, that's why she got the job, and that's what she's going to spend her time fighting for.  Common Core will be an afterthought, maybe a pawn.
Anything that helps rescue inner-city kids from the nightmarish public school system is an ace.

She was pro-CC before, but that was just 'figuratively'.  Now she is 'literally' against it, and always has been.  Any voter with a brain in his head, could tell the difference.  Come on man, read between the lines. 
I am researching the topic more, but it's fair to say no other poster here has been as critical of Devos.  

The answers to those questions are why I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton.  Neither one of them has any history of being faithful to the constitution.
Thanks for your replies.  Your vote and reasoning behind it is your business, and I'm trying to inquire without prying.  

By the standards you've laid out here, do you think Trump will generally be remembered as a good President?

No Trump focused on villainizing Hillary and it worked.  Because she's a terrible person. 

Thanks for your replies.  Your vote and reasoning behind it is your business, and I'm trying to inquire without prying.  

By the standards you've laid out here, do you think Trump will generally be remembered as a good President?
I extremely doubt it, otherwise I would have voted for him.

I am researching the topic more, but it's fair to say no other poster here has been as critical of Devos.  
Be proud you were out front on this one.  In a normal cabinet selection process, she would stand out as a horribly unqualified candidate who bought her way into power and the cabinet.  But in Post-Truth Trump World, it's refreshing the pick wasn't a white male Nazi.

No more than all Obama's supporters understood that health care reform was not going to lower their premiums $2500.
Trump talked about underground detection  He really meant a wall.  To say otherwise is disingenuous.  A huge whopper.  

Obama talked about keeping your own doctor and premiums going down $2500.  And Hillary paid for it.

Should Trump not pay for making the same type of promises that you have railed against for 8 years?

Obama, Hillary and most politicians lie about things that are about how the sausage is being made.  Sometimes they work out.  Sometimes they don't.

Trump will lie about a dead body laying at your feet.  Tell you it's not there.

Politics is slimy.  If you can't tell the difference between those two scenarios then you are a child.  

The media and the polls are not people.  The are not even entities.  So no.  Try again. 
Nope, but they are comprised of people and they fooled you and all these other bitter sob's pretty bad. If I were one of you, I'd be pissed. It's a hard enough outcome to accept without it getting delivered like a runaway truck crashing into you. 

You guys got bamboozled, and while two weeks is far too long to keep whining, it's understandable that you had a momentary mental breakdown. 

It's time you embraced reality, try to find something to be thankful for on this glorious holiday and enjoy watching President Donald J Trump MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I like the idea of rebuilding our Infrastructure - admittedly I don't know how he plans to pay for it but I agree it's something that needs to be looked at and could provide jobs.
Absolutely. But how can he do this, cut taxes, increase military spending (which is idiotic itself), all while NOT sending the deficit through the roof? There just isn't anywhere close to enough money to be cut from regulatory agencies and welfare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, but they are comprised of people and they fooled you and all these other bitter sob's pretty bad. If I were one of you, I'd be pissed. It's a hard enough outcome to accept without it getting delivered like a runaway truck crashing into you. 

You guys got bamboozled, and while two weeks is far too long to keep whining, it's understandable that you had a momentary mental breakdown. 

It's time you embraced reality, try to find something to be thankful for on this glorious holiday and enjoy watching President Donald J Trump MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
:lmao:  Not bitter.  Just want to see how this is going to go.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.  

Trump talked about underground detection  He really meant a wall.  To say otherwise is disingenuous.  A huge whopper.  

Obama talked about keeping your own doctor and premiums going down $2500.  And Hillary paid for it.

Should Trump not pay for making the same type of promises that you have railed against for 8 years?
Absolutely.  Trump voters were morons in my opinion.  Where have I said otherwise?

However, Clinton/Obama voters were also morons for various similar reasons.

When you're not feeling well, you don't want the doctor to just fix the symptoms, you want him to cure the disease.

Trump is backing off some of his promises because he needs to heal the division.  Of course, he realizes the limitation of the Presidency, but I like that he cares about what all Americans want, and not only his own supporters.

There are many different things which can be done to fix each problem, but one thing Trump and Congress will decide is where and how to use the budget.  I am looking to see some changes there.

Of course not. He should be be rated on results like Obama. Obama lied and his programs resulted in economic distress for a large portion of America, increased racial and cultural division and international degradation of American interests. 

If you perceive President Trump has made promises and broken them, and the results are an economic boom, reduced social distress and a reasonable international interests he will be rated a success. 

What about the children in Aleppo right now? They are born children who are alive. Any anti abortion person who claims to be pro life while completely disregarding situations such as those in Aleppo are the biggest ####### hypocritical shams ever.
What exactly would a pro lifer in the US have to do regarding Aleppo (and I guess every other bad situation around the world) to avoid being a "hypocritical sham"?

This thread is stupid and just shows people dont understand trump. Or even how to govern.  The wrong way to govern is to have a list of promises and then say that you will never budge on them. Thats how a 12 year old governs. Trump is a dealmaker. He wrote "the art of the deal". This is his specialty. He understands that to get what he wants he has to give up other things. If he is a successful president, it will be BECAUSE of his ability to do this, not in spite of it. 
If writing The Art of the Deal is a qualifier for you. You might find this article in the New Yorker interesting. It doesn't sound like Tony Schwartz, the ghost writer, would have voted for Trump.

New Yorker article

Of course not. He should be be rated on results like Obama. Obama lied and his programs resulted in economic distress for a large portion of America, increased racial and cultural division and international degradation of American interests. 

If you perceive President Trump has made promises and broken them, and the results are an economic boom, reduced social distress and a reasonable international interests he will be rated a success. 
Obviously this isn't going to happen.   The opposition isn't even going to give it a chance, exactly like what happened to Obama.

Soonerman said:
What exactly would a pro lifer in the US have to do regarding Aleppo (and I guess every other bad situation around the world) to avoid being a "hypocritical sham"?
There's lots of options. For example you could express your willingness to let them come to America as refugees and reject xenophobic politicians who lie to you about the extent to which their families present a threat to your safety.

Unfortunately it is too late for the second half of this, but anyone who is interested can make donations here or here or here.  And of course you can favor policies to welcome refugees to our great country in the future, and the politicians who support those policies.

There's lots of options. For example you could express your willingness to let them come to America as refugees and reject xenophobic politicians who lie to you about the extent to which their families present a threat to your safety.

Unfortunately it is too late for the second half of this, but anyone who is interested can make donations here or here or here.  And of course you can favor policies to welcome refugees to our great country in the future, and the politicians who support those policies.
Let's say you donate to various relief efforts, are you still a hypocritical sham?

When you're not feeling well, you don't want the doctor to just fix the symptoms, you want him to cure the disease.

Trump is backing off some of his promises because he needs to heal the division.  Of course, he realizes the limitation of the Presidency, but I like that he cares about what all Americans want, and not only his own supporters.

There are many different things which can be done to fix each problem, but one thing Trump and Congress will decide is where and how to use the budget.  I am looking to see some changes there.
Exactly, it's amazing the left sees it as broken promises as he at least make an effort to unite unlike our current president that said Republicans can come along for the ride but have to ride in the back. Can you imagine if a Republican said anything about riding in the back? Thank god that ineffective ride is coming to an end. 

Let's say you donate to various relief efforts, are you still a hypocritical sham?
Well those weren't my words, and it's not for me to judge. IMO calling yourself "pro life" but voting for a candidate whose primary campaign message was that we should turn away endangered lives (including children) at our borders is pretty clearly an act of hypocrisy. You can't go back and change your vote, but doing one thing that is hypocritical doesn't make a person a hypocritical sham. Donating to charities that help refugees is a great thing that is obviously is in keeping with "pro life" values.

Users who are viewing this thread