What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Christian Hackenberg Thread (1 Viewer)

Thank god. Wtf were they thinking to begin with. I still remember our draft when he was coming out - my buddy bet me he would be a top 10 pick. I never accepted a bet so fast in my life.  

I posted this in the Eagles thread earlier today.  Pretty funny read imho.

The Hackenscale: A new and exciting way to grade Christian Hackenberg

The Rules

The Hackenscale is a carefully developed (haphazardly thrown together) grading scale for Christian Hackenberg throws (and other plays that I want to include that I find funny). A lot of (no) thought process went into defining the regimented factors (random conditions) that comprise the Hackenscale. I can’t reveal the exact grading determinants behind the Hackenscale, because they are too valuable (don’t exist)

Understanding the Hackenplay of Hackenberg allows us to project his Hackenfuture. While his Hackenfuture with the Eagles may be Hackenbleak, he might have enough natural talent to make the Hackenpractice squad, where he’ll look to Hackendevelop into a serviceable HackeNFL quarterback. Let’s Hackenhope and Hackenpray we eventually see the Hackenday.

Interception #1

This is a classic Hackenplay. It won’t register super high on the Hackenscale, because it’s more so an average encapsulation than a stand-out performance, but we can still appreciate that Hack let us know early how the night was gonna go.

Does Rashard Davis cut-off this route, which helps facilitation the inevitable interception? Yes. Does he cut it off because the corner anticipated the slant and jumped the route? Yeah. Should Hackenberg be reasonably expected to see that and decide not make the throw? Mmhm.

And the fact that a mental error/adjustment by another player led to the interception only adds Hackenpoints on the Hackenscale. As a matter of fact, Unpredictable Unfortunateness is the most important category on the Hackenscale. For all of his struggles, Hackenberg is characterized by the most absurdly unfortunate play.

This play is a 5 out of 8 on the Hackenscale

Interception #2

This is is true Hackenart. A Hackenmasterstroke. It’s Hackenrapturing to watch.

Matt O'Leary@MattOLearyNY

If interceptions was an artform Hackenberg would be Van Gogh #Jets

8:16 PM - Aug 30, 2018

See Matt O'Leary's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The most important category on the Hackenscale, as we all know, is Ease Of Throw. Clearly, this beauty of a pick almost breaks the charts, in terms of how rudimentary of a throw this is. This throw is so simple, high school Hackenberg also could have missed it for an interception.

Because Hackenberg made the Hackentackle to prevent the Pickensix, this throws almost grades to the max on the most important category on the Hackenscale, Points For The Other Team. It does, however, make up for the lost points in the most important category on the Hackenscale, More Evidence We Should Move Hackenberg To Linebacker.

This play is a A- on the Hackenscale

Getting pulled in the 4th preseason game

Getting Hackenpulled in the 4th preseason game as the QB5 on a Super Bowl winning roster is very Hackenberg. It tests extremely well in the most important category of the Hackenscale, Pathetic Without Precedent. Getting Hackenpulled in the fourth preseason game made me actually excited for Joe Callahan, which should be crime punishable by Hackendeath.

Has a team ever actually gone back UP their quarterback depth chart in the 4th preseason game for a reason other than injury. Has a player ever been too bad for the intentionally worst game in NFL? If you get benched in the fourth preseason game, are you essentially a college player? Or is it just straight to the CFL? What the Hack, man.

Getting pulled in the fourth preseason game is five stars on the Hackenscale

And thus ends the Hackenfest. I can’t find any more clips on Twitter, so two Hackenplays is all you get. Thank you for reading. Please pray I find some value and meaning in my life again soon. Go Birds.

rockaction said:
I almost never say this about somebody chasing a dream, glory, etc., but God, that's pathetic. Just retire already. 
He was drafted in 2016.  And at least he's willing to take this step back (or presumably go to the CFL if need be) unlike other former Jets QBs.

-QG

I know. I hesitate to get on anybody's dreams and pursuits and should probably just grain of salt it.  
No worries - also his tenure with the Jets just makes it seem like he's been around forever ;)

It's like when I looked up Bobby Hart (who we signed in the offseason and who sadly enough is our starting RT - and even sadder likely a small improvement) - I was stunned to read that he just turned 24.  More worried about him of course as he actually is gonna play.

I expect nothing from Hack from I get why he signed - he's going to coaches that saw something in him.  And frankly is a zero pressure situation.  Do I wish he were, uh say Davis Webb? Yeah.

Anyway this thread is on fire now! :hot: :)

-QG

Free agent QB Christian Hackenberg was selected by the Memphis Express in the second round of the AAF Draft on Tuesday.

Hackenberg, of course, was an NFL second-round pick just 2.5 years ago by the Jets, a glaring mistake by GM Mike Maccagnan. The Alliance of American Football (AAF) is a startup football league filled with ex-NFL practice-squad and fringe players who never made it in the league. Hackenberg was taken with the seventh pick in the second round, 15th overall. The Express' head coach is Mike Singletary. OC Hal Humme has never coached in the NFL, but QBs coach David Lee has an extensive pro background. The league kicks off on February 9.

Nov 27 - 10:29 PM

Making his Alliance of American Football debut, Christian Hackenberg completed 10-of-23 passes for 87 yards, no touchdowns, and one interception in the Memphis Express' 26-0, Week 1 loss to the Birmingham Iron.

The former No. 51 overall pick of the Jets just three years ago, Hackenberg spent the 2018 season out of the league before landing in the AAF, where he beat out Zach Mettenberger for the Express starting job. Hackenberg was as bad, if not worse, than what we saw from him in his NFL days. Sheer panic takes over at the mere sight of pressure for Hackenberg, and that was the case on Sunday in a league where defenses are only allowed to send five defenders as pass rushers. Hackenberg tossed up plenty of prayers, all of which went unanswered. "Brandon Silvers" replaced Hackenberg late in the loss. Mettenberger will probably start the next game.

Feb 10 - 9:00 PM

Users who are viewing this thread