What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (21 Viewers)

Everyone was ripping on @[icon] Past few weeks for being worried.  Now everyone wishing they were prepared.

got a spot open at your compound buddy?
:lol:  I just have a normal house, just happens to have full freezers and some closet, pantry, and dresser space allocated to supplies. My buddy is the one with the "compound" that HOPEFULLY we Won't need to relocate to. 

Well early guys in here were right. Glad we have like 3 months worth of food. I’ll get tired of eating it but whatever. GLTA
:highfive: glad you finally came around and got ready. If you get sick of your chow, just take solace you're not out there in the Black Friday ####show of Karens gouging each other's eyes out over the last can of Chef Boyardee. 

Good news. Kept kids home this week and we’re hunkered down with months of supplies. Bad news. I had most of my 7 figures in 401ks in bonds and moved about half into stocks this afternoon, and am going to take a major hit on that in overnight carnage. Thought Trump would announce stimulus plan instead of ####ting the bed. Plus NBA and Hanks news don’t help... I thought wrong. Probably losing 2-3% of my retirement tomorrow.
Glad you're settled in. The market will rebound and that money will come back. Just ride it out GB. 

The real panic is going to be when peoples internet goes out and it takes 3 days to fix because Comcast or whoever is working from home with minimal field staff.
Noooo ####. We actually keep a backup ATT DSL line as fall back from our Xfinity cable internet. I also have VZW and ATT phones with hot spots and unlimited data. 

#beprepared.

I fear i don't have enough prepped.  My wife went out today in search of more TP and hand sanitizer, couldn't find any.  I don't know if we need it, or its nervous hoarding.

I do know i don't have nearly enough booze.  I have plenty of beer but i feel bourbon coming on over the next couple of weeks.
Yeah, would like to resupply on bourbon but will have to drive south of the border for it :kicksrock:

Not enough test kits. Triaging who really needs it for now.
I can confirm.  My son has had a cough since Monday.  Wife took him to the doctor yesterday, primarily because he has a history of illness-induced asthma.  Was told it was a cold.  Cough got way worse overnight so wife called the doctor back today.  They put in an order at children's hospital for a chest x-ray and a whooping cough swab.  But no covid-19 test.  

I thought about demanding one but I'm leaving that decision to the experts.  

Nebraska men’s basketball team is not leaving Bankers Life Arena. They were brought their food outside the locker room. They are not letting people back to the area now. I just walked back to the area here and they told me no one from Nebraska will be made available.

Im close to having my first ever panic attack
Love ya GB... no need to panic. 

Hunker down. Take care of your family. Try to avoid getting this, but know that you'll likely still come out the other side even if you do. 

####s going to get weird for a bit... but The sun will rise tomorrow, and the next day, And the next. Eventually things will return to normal.

Then we'll have this crazy story to talk about for the rest of our lives. 

So you don’t own a service business that requires you to interact directly with customers to maintain you business. Someone who owns a gym or a bar or is a plumber can’t work from home. I’m curious how those people if they are among the panicked are handling it.
I'm an electrician, we're going to work, but we're being vigilant about it, since I'm currently working in a retirement community. Guy who does trim just got back from a cruise, they wouldn't let him on the property.

Are you guys serious?  You're getting me close to panic mode.  
I wouldn't panic, I just wanted to avoid the #### show tomorrow. We haven't had any confirmed cases in my town so things have been pretty calm, but the university just announced that they're canceling classes until the 28th. That, along with the national developments tonight, will probably get people around here a little worked up.

Buddy is in Hawaii. He busted his ankle bad riding a bike or something.  Went to doc and a box and a 70yo lady comes in the door of the waiting room under respiratory distress and passes out.   

He fled asap.  Place called him later to say she's from Seattle and arrived two days ago and presumed positive.  

Waiting to see this hit the news

From LA times: The reverend and parishioners have confirmed that Rev. Janet Broderick, who tested positive for coronavirus, is the sister of actor Matthew Broderick.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Janet pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I can confirm.  My son has had a cough since Monday.  Wife took him to the doctor yesterday, primarily because he has a history of illness-induced asthma.  Was told it was a cold.  Cough got way worse overnight so wife called the doctor back today.  They put in an order at children's hospital for a chest x-ray and a whooping cough swab.  But no covid-19 test.  

I thought about demanding one but I'm leaving that decision to the experts.  
After a lifetime of coughing too much too long after getting sick or allergies, I was finally diagnosed with asthmatic reactive cough and prescribed a steroid inhaler...has really changed my life (when my insurance covers the one that works). 

Dunno if that helps you and son or not, but happy to discuss further if you'd like.

I'm woefully understocked on booze for this.  Luckily there's a 24-hour Safeway about a mile away.  

Sad story that I just need to share somewhere:  my paralegal's dad had a heart attack today.  He lives in Germany; my paralegal is in LA.  She hasn't been able to get any information other than he's in ICU, and not even her mother is allowed to go see him due to coronavirus shutdown.  And now she can't go over to be with him and her mother as she is too fearful of being unable to return to the US, where she has a child whom she couldn't leave indefinitely.  Heart-wrenching.

From LA times: The reverend and parishioners have confirmed that Rev. Janet Broderick, who tested positive for coronavirus, is the sister of actor Matthew Broderick.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Janet pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Sarah Jessica Parker too!!!?

Why the long face?

After a lifetime of coughing too much too long after getting sick or allergies, I was finally diagnosed with asthmatic reactive cough and prescribed a steroid inhaler...has really changed my life (when my insurance covers the one that works). 

Dunno if that helps you and son or not, but happy to discuss further if you'd like.
Thanks.  He's had an inhaler in the past for this, but did not get one on his visit yesterday.  This was with a nurse practitioner and not a doctor so we may take him back tomorrow.

Thanks.  He's had an inhaler in the past for this, but did not get one on his visit yesterday.  This was with a nurse practitioner and not a doctor so we may take him back tomorrow.
Fwiw, I use Pulmicort 180 flexhaler 1x morning and night as a preventative when cold/flu/allergy season rolls around. I have another for specific attacks...barely used.

Personally, while the news is concerning, especially over the past 4-5 hours, I feel that everyone needs to take a few deep breaths. We can and should take every precaution that we can, but we cannot be paralyzed by fear. That's no way to live. I've spent too much time worrying, so what I'm going to do is wake up in the morning, head to work, make some money, not electrocute myself, and not touch anybody. So everyone stop jumping on the panic button, get some rest, and wash your hands, you heathens!

He probably needs an inhaler full time. My son has one and I now have one. As well as rescue inhalers. 

I am another one of the none diagnosed asthma sufferers who after watching my son get diagnosed realized I have it and got it treated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, while the news is concerning, especially over the past 4-5 hours, I feel that everyone needs to take a few deep breaths. We can and should take every precaution that we can, but we cannot be paralyzed by fear. That's no way to live. I've spent too much time worrying, so what I'm going to do is wake up in the morning, head to work, make some money, not electrocute myself, and not touch anybody. So everyone stop jumping on the panic button, get some rest, and wash your hands, you heathens!
Very true.

I'm not overreacting but I will no longer shake anyone's hand. Not because of fear of the virus but because of the toilet paper shortage 

Users who are viewing this thread