What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (14 Viewers)

Gotta disagree.  He's not helping with the way he's presenting his views.

He's coming across as elitist and quite "d word ends with y....."
Not in the slightest. He's stating his views and questions much more eloquently than some of tattle-tales in this thread.

Anyone catch the Cuomo presser this morning? I understand from my dad that he said the numbers seem to be leveling out in NY, and he seemed optimistic we may possibly be plateauing. That would be awesome awesome news. And maybe mean we are a lot closer to “normalcy” than some of us had feared???
NY:

New Cases:

4/3: 10,800

4/4: 8,340

Hospitalizations:

New Admissions:

4/3: 1,095

4/4: 574

Discharges:

4/3: 1,590

4/4: 1,709

Deaths:

4/3: 630

4/4: 594

Source

Mrs. O uses FreshDirect and is a member of whatever the heck their “prime” service is called. She had been staying up till midnight to get a delivery slot for the following week’s delivery, but that membership apparently allows you to lock in your delivery time for every week going forward. So you just fill up your online cart during the week as you think of things, and boom, one day a bunch of food literally shows up on your doorstep. We’ve used them for a while, and the food and selection tend to be great. Recently sometimes certain parts of the order don’t get filled, but we get more than 90% of what we order. 

Cowboysfan8 said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
I see a few responses in this thread about golf, so I guess there's a sort of smattering of opinions already.

But I'm seriously considering going to City Park to walk 9. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Bad idea, dumb, good idea? I might have to purchase at a window, but otherwise by myself, light bag, no cart. Good idea, bad idea?
Good idea
The county I live in in Cali (a very large one) just shuttered all courses til 6/19.  Could fine you 1k if you (the pubic not you specifically) attempt to play.  As we’ve been at the forefront of reactions I’m betting you might not be able too in your area for much longer.....

@CityofJax: Do you have a dry cough and/or difficulty breathing? Are you a first responder or healthcare worker who has contact with patients?                     If you’ve answered YES to any of these, there’s currently NO LINE and NO WAIT for COVID-19 testing at Lot J, TIAA Bank Field.

For those wondering what the actual costs of Instacart look like, our shopper accidentally (I assume?) left the receipt in our bag last week.

We got $288 worth of groceries according to the receipt. We paid Instacart $399. The service itself was pretty awesome, but won’t be using again at those prices.

For those wondering what the actual costs of Instacart look like, our shopper accidentally (I assume?) left the receipt in our bag last week.

We got $288 worth of groceries according to the receipt. We paid Instacart $399. The service itself was pretty awesome, but won’t be using again at those prices.
Ouch.  yea I’d take my chances at the store with that markup

Otis said:
Anyone catch the Cuomo presser this morning? I understand from my dad that he said the numbers seem to be leveling out in NY, and he seemed optimistic we may possibly be plateauing. That would be awesome awesome news. And maybe mean we are a lot closer to “normalcy” than some of us had feared???
Plateauing yes, but we are a year plus away from normalcy.  People discussing getting "back to normal" aren't helping set proper expectations IMO.  Not sure if that what you intended here Tim, but felt the need to comment regardless as I am sure many might take it that way

Grace Under Pressure said:
NY:

New Cases:

4/3: 10,800

4/4: 8,340

Hospitalizations:

New Admissions:

4/3: 1,095

4/4: 574

Discharges:

4/3: 1,590

4/4: 1,709

Deaths:

4/3: 630

4/4: 594

Source

Otis said:
That’s great news. 
Using Gov. Cuomo’s method, facts first, opinion second. Those were the facts, here’s a bit of opinion (FWIW).

The hospitalization numbers do appear to be trending in the right direction. Discharged hospitalizations have been outpacing new hospitalizations for a few days. The net/net of that is hopefully hospitals can deal with the apex, which is still coming.

The new case numbers will probably bounce around for the next 2-3 weeks in this general range, hopefully indicating a plateau.

Deaths are likely to rise quite a bit this week. It’s the lagging indicator of new cases and hospitalizations, and people tend to die 2-3 weeks after being hospitalized, and the new hospitalizations have only been down for the past several days.

Last, if NYers can be vigilant for the next 3-4 weeks at this we can hopefully spare the hospitals the worst case scenarios. But it’s going to take at least that long before numbers start declining across all categories.

Stay at home people. Don’t encounter another human being if you can help it. That’s what reduces the transmission rates. Once we get the R0 number to one or below we can take steps to slowly open some things back up. Slowly and some things being key there.

BassNBrew said:
I've seen them in the Whole Foods.  How much does that service cost?  Do you mind giving me a quick run down?

Part of Amazons model is to underprice and drive out the competition.
Point being that pick and pack is not rocket science and can be done far more efficiently than "having a personal shopper" from a central location

That's very interesting. I'm guessing you were happy with it prior to seeing the receipt. 

That's very interesting. I'm guessing you were happy with it prior to seeing the receipt. 
I have had great experience with WalMart pickup.  Just open my trunk and they put it in, step back about 15 feet and I inspect the trunk.    We nod and then I leave.  No extra fee and I do all my shopping online.

Similar experience.

$700 in groceries, almost $900 in bills, no chance I use them again. I also noticed on Publix that it said prices are higher to account for Instacart, so prob $600 in groceries had we gone to the supermarket. Feels like almost a 50% mark up, #### that!

HellToupee said:
Any gastrointestinal issues with covid? Asking for a friend 

:oldunsure:
Yep, it can be the first symptom.  And people who only end up with mild symptoms will only experience diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHIZNITTTT said:
I don't understand why grocery stores didn't go to online ordering.  For those without internet can call the store.     Grocery store employees pick out the items and deliver it curbside.    I have been doing grocery delivery for a very long time before the pandemic.  Win/Win
I want to pick my produce. Half of what's out doesn't look great. There are even some rotting that hasn't been removed. I also don't want an expiration date that's too close. I look for the furthest date out.

Just make sure to post a copy of your healthcare receipts when you catch COVID-19 and the Piggly Wiggly.
Its funny you say this. I went out early this morning to piggly wiggly. Got into the parking lot and never even left my car. Too many people streaming in. 80% of I would call high risk. 

Actually, he was coming across as frustrated for highly rational reasons.
Careful, have been told it is deemed a "mob" if lots of people politely disagree.  And rather than engage in self reflection on why everyone disagrees (again, politely), the resulting action is to lash out at the mob.

We'll see if your above lands differently.  We can always hope.

Its funny you say this. I went out early this morning to piggly wiggly. Got into the parking lot and never even left my car. Too many people streaming in. 80% of I would call high risk. 
Interesting.  My local grocery store (relatively high end-ish chain and location, I guess) had virtually nobody in it at 4pm on a weekday last week.  Half the people in there were staff disinfecting surfaces and filling online orders.  There was a cop conspicuously keeping an eye on things, but there wasn't much going on.  It was a bit eerie in its inactivity.

I want to pick my produce. Half of what's out doesn't look great. There are even some rotting that hasn't been removed. I also don't want an expiration date that's too close. I look for the furthest date out.
Thanks for your sacrifice in America's time of need.  True hero.

for those wearing masks in public, do you wear one if just going for a walk around the neighborhood?  or only if going to a grocery store or other place where you will be in doors or closer to people?

Soulfly3 said:
Canadian government gave a "July as best case scenario" leak a few days back... and it was considered the first country to do so.

Which aligns with the 4mos of funding that has been given to citizens that require it.
Just like the US has 4 mo enhanced unemployment already passed. Fauci has said on CNN Coronavirus specials that once we hit the peak it's not going to be an all clear. We need tests, solid quarantining strategies, etc. Getting everywhere what they need and streamlining takes time, and that's when the curve has been on the downslope long enough. 

Just like the US has 4 mo enhanced unemployment already passed. Fauci has said on CNN Coronavirus specials that once we hit the peak it's not going to be an all clear. We need tests, solid quarantining strategies, etc. Getting everywhere what they need and streamlining takes time, and that's when the curve has been on the downslope long enough. 
Seems like tests are getting out there. Are there any projections for how many we’ll have come June-ish?

Similar experience.

$700 in groceries, almost $900 in bills, no chance I use them again. I also noticed on Publix that it said prices are higher to account for Instacart, so prob $600 in groceries had we gone to the supermarket. Feels like almost a 50% mark up, #### that!
Maybe because you're in NY. I've used it twice this week and I think that I'm paying 10-15% more. I do have free deliveries for the next 2 months.

Yeah. That post is the exact reason I get so mad about people mask shaming or complaining because they saw some kids playing baseball together. 
So seeing children playing together after the government has said ad nauseam to not makes you mad?     What am I missing?  

Stay at home.   Simple.   

Kids should not play together with or without masks.   

I haven’t driven my second car in a while now. Does gas in a car go bad? How long does it last? Can I simply drive the car around to keep it fresh or do I have to use up the full tank before this expiration date? 

I remember there was some discussion of this in TWD thread, I can’t believe it’s actually relevant now. 

@CityofJax: Do you have a dry cough and/or difficulty breathing? Are you a first responder or healthcare worker who has contact with patients?                     If you’ve answered YES to any of these, there’s currently NO LINE and NO WAIT for COVID-19 testing at Lot J, TIAA Bank Field.
That’s great and how it should be everywhere. The problem is that there are still places where you only get tested if you show significant symptoms or been exposed to someone who is positive. This is an example of the need for a good centralized distribution of resources.

So after spending a few days before the shutdowns being prepared and bulking up on supplies, including a good amount of canned goods. Well, my damn can opener broke today, never even thought of having a backup...its just something we always had.  :rant: :bag:

I haven’t driven my second car in a while now. Does gas in a car go bad? How long does it last? Can I simply drive the car around to keep it fresh or do I have to use up the full tank before this expiration date? 

I remember there was some discussion of this in TWD thread, I can’t believe it’s actually relevant now. 
My life is no different now than before this. My need is to a fill up once a month or more. I will go out once or every two weeks. This is also to start the car to get the oil and gas moving. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe because you're in NY. I've used it twice this week and I think that I'm paying 10-15% more. I do have free deliveries for the next 2 months.
I’m currently in Florida. It clearly notes on Publix.com you’re paying an inflated cost (and that’s before all of Instacart’s fees). 

So after spending a few days before the shutdowns being prepared and bulking up on supplies, including a good amount of canned goods. Well, my damn can opener broke today, never even thought of having a backup...its just something we always had.  :rant: :bag:
Swiss Army Knife has a can opener on it

So seeing children playing together after the government has said ad nauseam to not makes you mad?     What am I missing?  

Stay at home.   Simple.   

Kids should not play together with or without masks.   
I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought your reply was sarcastic. 

12-15 months

Seems like tests are getting out there. Are there any projections for how many we’ll have come June-ish?
Don't know but our governor who's been praised for what he's done so far has created a task force group to make this happen faster. But he responded to the hope of pro sports being back to normal with full stands for CA teams as unlikely for Aug as Trump mentioned. He's a strict governor with this crisis though so there is that. 

Users who are viewing this thread