What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Wow, you all are crazy.  It was a no news call.  Nothing has changed for the most part.
Except we were told by NP that they hadn't filed for an EUA, and that the advice given by both the MHRA and FDA was that they weren't interested in approving a drug for emergency use for a mild-moderate population, or on the results from a mild-moderate population.

Could this NOT have been determined by a $#$%@# phone call at some point, oh, I don't know, over the past two months?  I'll supply a script.

"Hey Guys, it'd your buddy NP over at Cytodyn.  We're working with a drug that has had good success against Covid in the mild to moderate population.  Is there any chance that even good data in this group could lead to emergency use authorization?  Oh...no?  Ok, thanks."

Bam.  Months of investors hopes being strung along gone.

I didn't hear what you did here.  Can you expand on this?  Aren't we still expecting interim results in October?
Interim results should be available, but results ready for release in October?  No confidence.  FDA approval based on resubmission? Don't have a timeline.  Uplisting?  Extremely unlikely. All dominoes that will fall in sequence, but not closely after each other.  Many months of delay still ahead.

Except we were told by NP that they hadn't filed for an EUA, and that the advice given by both the MHRA and FDA was that they weren't interested in approving a drug for emergency use for a mild-moderate population, or on the results from a mild-moderate population.

Could this NOT have been determined by a $#$%@# phone call at some point, oh, I don't know, over the past two months?  I'll supply a script.

"Hey Guys, it'd your buddy NP over at Cytodyn.  We're working with a drug that has had good success against Covid in the mild to moderate population.  Is there any chance that even good data in this group could lead to emergency use authorization?  Oh...no?  Ok, thanks."

Bam.  Months of investors hopes being strung along gone.
I get you but where we differ is months of hope.  I never considered EUA realistic.

Just hoping I can get out at $3.75 tomorrow.  This stock will be in the 2s in no time and you can kiss the NASDAQ good bye.

Interim results should be available, but results ready for release in October?  No confidence.  FDA approval based on resubmission? Don't have a timeline.  Uplisting?  Extremely unlikely. All dominoes that will fall in sequence, but not closely after each other.  Many months of delay still ahead.
Part of me wants them to fill the trial and not do interim but there is a problem with that too.  Their primary endpoint is mortality (at least right now it is) and I'm not sure that adding more patients is going to help them to hit that endpoint.  If they wait, I believe they may also have to change the endpoint.

So I do expect results in early October but think they will need to be an absolute home run (and that concerns me)

Just hoping I can get out at $3.75 tomorrow.  This stock will be in the 2s in no time and you can kiss the NASDAQ good bye.
Good luck.  Alot of longs are really pissed.  Why did he have a CC.  Why not just a press release on Friday saying that they will need a phase 3.  The company has no idea how to present information.

That was a small positive.  Crossing the blood brain barrier is a big positive, but the whole thing was just so overwhelmingly deflated by the realization that what we have been waiting on for weeks, was never even filed.  

Pathetic. 

And as frustrated as I am, as mad as I am at myself for screwing this up at almost every turn, I still think it could have a bright future.  Am I delusional?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a small positive.  Crossing the blood brain barrier is a big positive, but the whole thing was just so overwhelmingly deflated by the realization that what we have been waiting on for weeks, was never even filed.  

Pathetic. 

And as frustrated as I am, as mad as I am at myself for screwing this up at almost every turn, I still think it could have a bright future.  Am I delusional?
We might.  But right now incompetence is beating science.

Good luck.  Alot of longs are really pissed.  Why did he have a CC.  Why not just a press release on Friday saying that they will need a phase 3.  The company has no idea how to present information.
I didn't mind the CC.  It got all the information out there, with the spin they wanted, but it was a whole lot of bad news really.  The bad news being almost NOTHING they were hoping for in the short term has panned out and it turns out the direction they've been going in for months has been pointless.  It was good to get it out, and I appreciate a CC more than a press release.

Either way, I'd likely be frustrated, but as an investor, hearing them go through the CC, I feel I have a more clear picture of what has happened, where we are, and what the next steps are.  I just don't like the picture of what's been going on the past several months.

Depending on your timeframe, from what I hear it's still a promising drug.  

However, we're primarily still hearing that from folks with ties to Cytodyn, or with anecdotal evidence.  We have some good results from m/m, but until more is known on the Covid front, it's a big question mark.  FDA approval seems reasonably likely, so odds are it's worth at least where we are now, on that alone.  But that still may be 4 months out, or more.

The good news is there's upside.  But the upside is a ways off too.  Just a lot of waiting to be done, and I'm gonna guess shorts will pick off those who don't want to wait, and others who don't want to wait to cash out when they invested at fraction of the current price may not wanna wait either.

Depending on your timeframe, from what I hear it's still a promising drug.  

However, we're primarily still hearing that from folks with ties to Cytodyn, or with anecdotal evidence.  We have some good results from m/m, but until more is known on the Covid front, it's a big question mark.  FDA approval seems reasonably likely, so odds are it's worth at least where we are now, on that alone.  But that still may be 4 months out, or more.

The good news is there's upside.  But the upside is a ways off too.  Just a lot of waiting to be done, and I'm gonna guess shorts will pick off those who don't want to wait, and others who don't want to wait to cash out when they invested at fraction of the current price may not wanna wait either.
Agreed.  I had to do a bit of mindless work, so I had time to cool off a bit.  I don't want to say I was emotional about the stock, but more about not taking the action I felt was right.  Now, I do think it is going to drop, but there are still a few catalysts out there in the next month or two that should stop it from dropping too far.  Maybe 2.80 is the low?

I will sell tomorrow, about 75%, but I hope to be back in with more shares at a lower cps than I have today.  If you can't get to $10, I'll try to take it a buck at a time.  lol

Nader said that he was going to loan CytoDyn the $12-$15 million he profited from selling stock on April 30th.  He never gave that loan.  So maybe he'll use that money to buy stock to keep it from completely imploding.

Open: $3.70

Low: $3.07

High: $3.70

Close: $3.25

God. Just reading the synopsis of the cc. When did NP find out that FDA and UK wouldn't approve EUA for M/M? Please tell me that was just Sept 7/8  and that he hasn't been stringing us along this whole time?

God. Just reading the synopsis of the cc. When did NP find out that FDA and UK wouldn't approve EUA for M/M? Please tell me that was just Sept 7/8  and that he hasn't been stringing us along this whole time?
Worst case he lied, best case he made a big strategic blunder and wasted time.

This is awesome.  The stock tanks over 20% now and I'm barely flinch.  Well, probably helps that I'm not losing tens of thousands of dollars in a day now.

I ended up selling all of my shares several weeks ago.  Was just tired of the ineptitude of the companies leadership.   I still believe that their drug has a lot of potential and upside--but unfortuantely this upside is completely capped by horrid management.  I said it before in the other thread--even the best products won't survive if they are mismanaged.  What this company needs to thrive is not good news about their drug--it needs a change in management.  Until i see that happening--it's just not a trustworthy company or investment imo. 

I wonder what the conversation is like among the consortium of shareholders that hold like a bazillion shares. Has to be fascinating, if only we had an in. 
My guess is that the people that have the most shares got most of them when the stock was 30 cents to a dollar. They are in a different boat and risk level than people that got in at 10-20x that share price.  The stock doesn't suck if your average cost per share is 50 cents or a dollar.  At that buy in--you can sell some and keep the rest and play with the houses money.  The risk here is for the people that don't have those crazy deep pockets getting stung by the fact that they cannot afford to be as patient because of a much higher buy in per share.  

Welp, out of my last shares at $3.37. Not horrible but $5.10 would have been better. Good luck folks! I got out with around $45k profit. A lot of angst and some nice paper gains. We didn’t really get to enjoy that $10 day, did we? I’ll chalk it up as a nice win but damn makes me not really want to play in OTC anymore.

My guess is that the people that have the most shares got most of them when the stock was 30 cents to a dollar. They are in a different boat and risk level than people that got in at 10-20x that share price.  The stock doesn't suck if your average cost per share is 50 cents or a dollar.  At that buy in--you can sell some and keep the rest and play with the houses money.  The risk here is for the people that don't have those crazy deep pockets getting stung by the fact that they cannot afford to be as patient because of a much higher buy in per share.  
So true. Presuming that Chet and his buddies all got in last year. Heck they even may be waiting it out for long term capital gains which would be a significant difference although going from $6 and $5 is way more than the tax difference. I’m only in the green because most of my buys were at $1 and $1.10. Bought some more at just under $3 and then SMH a little more at $6.

Welp, out of my last shares at $3.37. Not horrible but $5.10 would have been better. Good luck folks! I got out with around $45k profit. A lot of angst and some nice paper gains. We didn’t really get to enjoy that $10 day, did we? I’ll chalk it up as a nice win but damn makes me not really want to play in OTC anymore.
Nice work. I'd play with OTC all day for a 45k profit. Not sure what's not to like here. 

Nice work. I'd play with OTC all day for a 45k profit. Not sure what's not to like here. 
It’s weird, I think going from $10 to $3 (again) just takes the wind out of your sales. I was up over $100k although I was at the beach so it was back down way before I could react. That’s probably what makes it feel like like a chore. I made more than that on ZM this year and the only thing I did there was buy it once last year and watch. Also, I think as everyone is saying now that it just feels bad that a drug that appears to work is getting mishandled. Not just for us but this whole pandemic. I think this stock makes us look at how a drug that’s had so many more failures is still our admin’s drug of choice. I think @Capella, myself and others said it a bunch of times, we just want a “cure” for this mess even if it was another drug. We’ve kind of had that front line view here.

Anyway, you are right, for the actual time and effort it was well worth it.

Stock price is actually holding up better than I thought here.

Funny thing @stbugs I was actually at the beach during the $10 day too.  I actually opened up my laptop and pulled up my brokerage account right as it was up there about 3 seconds before it collapsed.  It was the weirdest 10 second roller coaster seeing that number and then before I could even process it in my mind boom it was gone.

Funny thing @stbugs I was actually at the beach during the $10 day too.  I actually opened up my laptop and pulled up my brokerage account right as it was up there about 3 seconds before it collapsed.  It was the weirdest 10 second roller coaster seeing that number and then before I could even process it in my mind boom it was gone.
That day (we need a name for "that day"), I was cleaning out my parents' house and assessing what needed to be done to ready the  home for sale.  Both died within 7 months of each other and they had a big house with lots of crap, so it was quite a chore that took the better part of six straight weeks to get it ready for sale and "that day" was really the first day we hit it hard.  The good news is that today the closing happens and it'll be off our (my siblings and my) hands. 

Low 3s seems about where it should settle.  Aside from not being able to trust Nader even less than we did before, not much really changed.

If I had a lot of faith in Nader or thought they were getting EUA for M/M, I'd be a lot more disappointed than I am right now.  

Had been banking on severe critical all along and we are still in line to get results for that soon ( i think).

Honestly if it dips below $3, ill be buying some more.  Probably to flip on any speculative news but will be buying all the same.

Low 3s seems about where it should settle.  Aside from not being able to trust Nader even less than we did before, not much really changed.

If I had a lot of faith in Nader or thought they were getting EUA for M/M, I'd be a lot more disappointed than I am right now.  

Had been banking on severe critical all along and we are still in line to get results for that soon ( i think).

Honestly if it dips below $3, ill be buying some more.  Probably to flip on any speculative news but will be buying all the same.
S/C is the only thing keeping me in now. Nader is like Mark Jackson was to be Warriors...get them to the playoffs but need an actual coach to win the title. In the call did they mention of FDA or UK would act on interim analysis or they wanted full trials?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread