What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Right, I mean that’s the point. There’s a need, it seems to work, at least as much as we can tell, and we know a trial is concluding. If anything this is what we’ve been waiting for so why punt now. 
If people are going to say sell, would like to know what the immediate catalyst is going to be that sends it careening at this point.

Sure that may happen if they don't get approval but up until that point, really need to know what they think is going to affect it negatively in the short term.

This could be another June tulip craze ready to erupt and Id rather be in than out.

The drug works--I know that.  I think one of the risks is that the standard of care for severe COVID cases has improved markedly since the trial started in late April/early May.  Obviously, that's a good thing for humanity in that it narrows the mortality rate between the drug and placebo arms.  Another is that I've heard doctors are keeping ECMO patients on machines for longer periods which means that although some patients are terminal, they might still be alive at day-28.  

Saturday marks my 1-year anniversary of owning $CYDY shares.  Got in those at $0.52.  Most of my shares were bought in the $0.90-1 range in Jan/Feb.  I think some dudes got in at .20 cents because I didn't buy for a couple weeks but had FOMO watching it jump up.

Thanks @chet

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday marks my 1-year anniversary of owning $CYDY shares.  Got in those at $0.52.  Most of my shares were bought in the $0.90-1 range in Jan/Feb.  I think some dudes got in at .20 cents because I didn't buy for a couple weeks but had FOMO watching it jump up.

Thanks @chet
Same here. Rode out all the ups and downs and continued to hold. Bought the bulk of my shares at .29 & .49. Now it get's exciting with the tax implications out of the way.

Good lord this is glowing and shockingly well-written. And it’s quarter to one am here, but seemingly not full of grammatical errors. Is this a reputable website?

https://insiderfinancial.com/rise-of-the-covid-19-therapeutics-cytodyn-otcmkts-cydy-humanigen-nasdaqhgen/180780/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Definitely well written, definiitely pro Cytodyn. doubtful that this is an unbiased writer that doesn't have skin in the game.

I'll get excited when i see something in the NY Times or Washington Post, hell I'll settle for FoxNews

I do think that article nailed the HGEN/CYDY contrast.  I'm invested in both and agreed with what he wrote.  

Outside of the government connections, which are definitely critical, Im not as sold on lenzilumab.  I think leronlimab is the better drug.  Jury is out on the better company.

HGEN isn't all that transparent either, they just handle themselves differently than NP handles Cytodyn.  

Good lord this is glowing and shockingly well-written. And it’s quarter to one am here, but seemingly not full of grammatical errors. Is this a reputable website?

https://insiderfinancial.com/rise-of-the-covid-19-therapeutics-cytodyn-otcmkts-cydy-humanigen-nasdaqhgen/180780/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
 The most likely scenario is that CYDY turns into a Gilead like big pharma with dozens of indications and Humanigen gets gobbled up by another big pharma to compete against the biggest little pharma called CytoDyn.  
:lmao:

Yeah, that's the most likely outcome.  I think the best investment option is to find out what pot company is supplying his local dispensary and invest in them.

Room to run? Tempted to get back in but don't wanna jinx. :lol:   Thankfully I moved to HGEN which is doing okay too. 

This stock has made me money, but I've made every wrong decision you could with my timing.  I panicked and sold when it was around $2.50. 

Now it's making me want back in, but I know there will be a dip right after I do this.

Good thing my incessant optimism bordering on delusion has kept me on the course.

There will be a time to think about trimming but gonna let and see what the tulip craze brings.

If this thing runs up another $1 a day for the next couple of days, it would certainly get the radar up but if this is June redux, we still have more room to go.

Shorts are not really a concern to me overall though, the data is the only thing that matters  Even if we have another pullback here, i think it will run again into January.  May even welcome a pullback to accumulate a little more to trade.

I'm way more worried about the data than I am about any shorts which is why I will likely trim well before any decisions are made on approval.

I have a little more than I want to hold for sure.

So for those that are holding....what's the jumping off point?
For me, if this hits 6.00 I'm going to sell most. That would get me back in the green and allow me to regroup on this one. Obviously I came in way late, so for my psyche I'll need to make a little bit of dough on it.

I dunno. Not any time soon. 
This is pretty much where I'm at.  I'm looking at this more from a timing period than a price period.   If the price gets up run up crazy in the next couple of days, I would likely reevaluate though.

I'm looking at Jan 10-Jan 15th range when I want to trim and I do think the price runs up into those dates.

I also will be holding some for the ultimate data reveal too.

Hmmmm. That’s a lot of shorts running this thing up if you think that’s true. 
Didn't we see all those "institutional buys" in June in the run up from 5 to 10 that ended up being part of the infamous "short attack"? Something helped push it up the last 3-5 bucks, right?

Didn't we see all those "institutional buys" in June in the run up from 5 to 10 that ended up being part of the infamous "short attack"? Something helped push it up the last 3-5 bucks, right?
:shrug:  I’m not selling so I truly don’t care. You may be right but we have a real thing to point towards here now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I hold 5000 shares at cost basis of less than zero (can’t thank Chet enough). I’d selll 1000 shares around the 9 or 10 mark. Another 1000 around the 20 mark. And so on, with the caveat that I’ll probably hold 1000 shares forever or until my five-year old goes to college. 

I hold 5000 shares at cost basis of less than zero (can’t thank Chet enough). I’d selll 1000 shares around the 9 or 10 mark. Another 1000 around the 20 mark. And so on, with the caveat that I’ll probably hold 1000 shares forever or until my five-year old goes to college. 
This and the stock thread have made a lot of people a lot of money. You love to see it. 

Users who are viewing this thread