What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official ** Detroit Tigers 2007 Thread (3 Viewers)

Leyland said that only Durbin and Miller were considered to fill rogers spot but Miller needed more minor league starts. Maybe we will see Miller soon.
I'm betting we'll see him very soon. Like in two weeks. He was sent down before Rogers had the surgury. I guess it's possible that the Tigers knew he would have the surgury when Miller was sent down and just didn't release anything to the press. hmmm..........maybe anwsering that question would shed more light on their rotation going forward.I'd love to hear some more input on this.
Miller was going down regardless. He hasn't pitched more than three innings all spring and he's not ready to be a major league starter. Miner and Tata could be called up before Miller and Grilli could be used also. If you are counting on Miller to start, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Durbin stinks. Miller will be up by May.
May sounds about right. I heard that they don't want Miller pitching in cold weather, that's one reason they were keeping him down south for the first few weeks. This guy will be awesome vs left handed hitters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all bad news today:

LAKELAND, Fla. -- The Tigers are going to announce after the game that Carlos Guillen has been signed to a contract extension. Four years, $48 million. More details later

CF Curtis Granderson

2B Placido Polanco

DH Gary Sheffield

RF Magglio Ordonez

SS Carlos Guillen

C Pudge Rodriguez

1B Sean Casey

LF Craig Monroe

3B Brandon Inge

Opening day line-up with Bondo on the hill. Can't wait. :lmao:

Limp Ditka said:
Doctor Detroit said:
CF Curtis Granderson2B Placido PolancoDH Gary SheffieldRF Magglio OrdonezSS Carlos GuillenC Pudge Rodriguez1B Sean CaseyLF Craig Monroe3B Brandon IngeOpening day line-up with Bondo on the hill. Can't wait. :banned:
Needs more :neifi:
What doesn't really? Hopefully Neifi is a ho and we'll see little Neifis in ten to twenty years grounding out to 2B and SS with the precision of a German engineer.

Fans arriving early for Opening Day festivities

April 2, 2007

FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS

8:00 a.m.: Fans flock to downtown early

Hundreds of Tigers fans are already huddled outside of Comerica Park for Opening Day — and plenty more are on the way.

Ray Carravallah, 46, of Redford Township arrived with a camper and some friends at 6 a.m. — seven hours before the scheduled first pitch. For breakfast, he had sausage cooking on the grill — plus beer — to get him going this morning.

He said he couldn’t help but notice that all roads leading to Comerica Park seem to be filled with Tigers fans.

“I saw a lot more vans coming this way,” Carravallah said in a parking lot near the stadium. “Right now it’s not too bad but more are coming.”

For Carravallah, opening day has become an annual event over the past decade.

“I guess you could call it a tradition,” said Carravallah, who expects more than 100 friends to stop by his camper by the end of the game.

Across Woodward Avenue bars and other businesses were making last minute preparations ahead of the first pitch at 1:05 p.m.

-- Dan Cortez
Eat'em Tigers, eat'em up! :shrug:

Limp Ditka said:
Doctor Detroit said:
CF Curtis Granderson2B Placido PolancoDH Gary SheffieldRF Magglio OrdonezSS Carlos GuillenC Pudge Rodriguez1B Sean CaseyLF Craig Monroe3B Brandon IngeOpening day line-up with Bondo on the hill. Can't wait. :confused:
Needs more :neifi:
What doesn't really? Hopefully Neifi is a ho and we'll see little Neifis in ten to twenty years grounding out to 2B and SS with the precision of a German engineer.
I like your thinking. Neifi could name all of his offspring like George Foreman did and the only way we'll be able to tell them apart is by uniform number. Maybe we'll even be lucky enough to get a Neifina out of the deal.

I'm listening on radio BTW.

After 3 Bonderman is settling in after having serious control issues and not using his slider. He's pretty emotional so hopefully it's just jitters but this was a guy that looked calm in the playoffs last year.

Tigers finally getting to Halliday. Scored a run in the 3rd and Guillen hit a long out into a strong wind in right. Still a lot of opening day baseball to play. Blue Jays coming up. 3-1 Jays.

I suspect that will be the end of Bonderman for the day.

He really rallied to get through 6 innings without the good stuff.

Wow. Another nice catch by Monroe up near the wall.

He's having a tough day at the plate (3 ks) but a nice day in the field.

They were talking about some additions they made to Comerica like the ribbon scoreboards in the OF and another scoreboard or something in right. What did you notice? I won't be getting back to see a game this year unless they get back to the World Series so I'm curious. Also did you see any hot fat chicks? Did they have a t-shirt with my piture on it? TIA. :scared:

They were talking about some additions they made to Comerica like the ribbon scoreboards in the OF and another scoreboard or something in right. What did you notice? I won't be getting back to see a game this year unless they get back to the World Series so I'm curious. Also did you see any hot fat chicks? Did they have a t-shirt with my piture on it? TIA. :mellow:
Not sure. That pic was taken from outside the ballpark. I didn't actually have a ticket to go into the game. :(

Nice to get 8 in an inning after not looking good in the first 12 innings of the year at the plate. Granderson and Polanco are on fire to start the season and Craig Monroe looks like he is a high school player hitting against Nolan Ryan.

I am happy that Monroe decided to do something other than strikeout today. Congrats on the BB and RBIs today.

Users who are viewing this thread