What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official ** Detroit Tigers 2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

From mlb.com:

Granderson's gain: Curtis Granderson's two stolen bases Wednesday marked the first multi-steal game of his Major League career. He also moved within a stolen base and a home run of posting at least 20 doubles, triples, home runs and stolen bases. If Granderson reaches those milestones, it would mark the first such season since Willie Mays in 1957 and only the third in the modern era.

Leroy Hoard said:
From mlb.com:Granderson's gain: Curtis Granderson's two stolen bases Wednesday marked the first multi-steal game of his Major League career. He also moved within a stolen base and a home run of posting at least 20 doubles, triples, home runs and stolen bases. If Granderson reaches those milestones, it would mark the first such season since Willie Mays in 1957 and only the third in the modern era.
"Wild Fire" Schultzie. Whoever the hell that is.

Leroy Hoard said:
From mlb.com:Granderson's gain: Curtis Granderson's two stolen bases Wednesday marked the first multi-steal game of his Major League career. He also moved within a stolen base and a home run of posting at least 20 doubles, triples, home runs and stolen bases. If Granderson reaches those milestones, it would mark the first such season since Willie Mays in 1957 and only the third in the modern era.
The Sb is a lock, he just has to go yard once more. Come on Curtis. Shoot for 25,25,25,25,25!

The Sb is a lock, he just has to go yard once more. Come on Curtis. Shoot for 25,25,25,25,25!
Home Run #20 for Curtis Granderson!!! :confused:

DETROIT -- Major League Baseball held a coin flip on Friday to determine home-field advantage if a tie-breaking game is needed for the American League Wild Card. If a one-game playoff is necessary between the Tigers and the Yankees, the Tigers would travel to Yankee Stadium. In a similar tie between the Tigers and the Mariners, the game would be played at Comerica Park. The game would be played Oct. 1.
Since the Yankee fans are already making playoff arrangements I don't think this will be necessary. :homer:

DETROIT -- Major League Baseball held a coin flip on Friday to determine home-field advantage if a tie-breaking game is needed for the American League Wild Card. If a one-game playoff is necessary between the Tigers and the Yankees, the Tigers would travel to Yankee Stadium. In a similar tie between the Tigers and the Mariners, the game would be played at Comerica Park. The game would be played Oct. 1.
Since the Yankee fans are already making playoff arrangements I don't think this will be necessary. :homer:
Yankees also won the Mariners/Yankees flip too.Granderson became only the 5th player in ML history to collect 20 HR 30 2B and 20 3B in a season. George Brett was the last to do it in 1979.

We have a good shot if the starting pitching continues to pitch like they have for the last 10 days or so. Verlander has had 3 outstanding games in a row, Bonderman 2, and Rogers looked great in his return.

We just need to hit a little more consistently.

Color me optimistic, but I just feel confident right now. We are playing solid baseball.

:bag:

Good game. Sat behind home plate. Verlanders stuff was pretty good. A couple of mariners laughed/smirked on their way to the dugout. Good game by Timo Perez.

From mlive.com

DETROIT -- The Tigers aren't making it official yet, but it looks like Jair Jurrjens will start the second game of Tuesday's day-night doubleheader against Texas.Jurrjens has been on the disabled list since Aug. 26, when he left his start against the Yankees with shoulder trouble. The shoulder is better now, and Jurrjens said he no longer feels any pain. He's scheduled to throw a full bullpen session tomorrow afternoon, and if all goes well he'll pitch against the Rangers.Jim Leyland said it's doubtful that Jurrjens would stay in the rotation, no matter how he does Tuesday. The plan is to keep starting Chad Durbin, who did well yesterday against Chicago.

This is getting ridiculous...this Inge guy mocks me.
After they intentially walked him to pitch to Granderson you must have busted a vein in your handsome forehead. :wub:Tigers are doing what they can to stay in the playoff race. I like what I am seeing (hearing actually). :towelwave: King Felix vs Bondo tomorrow.

Jay Morosi's top Tiger prospects:

1. Cameron Maybin, OF

2. Rick Porcello, RHP

3. Jair Jurrjens, RHP

4. Gorkys Hernandez, OF

5. Yorman Bazardo, RHP

6. Michael Hollimon, SS/2B

7. Dallas Trahern, RHP

8. Virgil Vasquez, RHP

9. Scott Sizemore, 2B

10. Matt Joyce, OF

Curtis Granderson has just stolen his 20th base. :goodposting:

And the fans have given him a standing ovation....as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greco said:
What is the opposite of ACE? Not ACE?
Send Da Guru a PM. Apparently Bonderman's wife and his hang out. He probably knows what is wrong with Bondo which I would guess is an injury although I would only know "from reading box scores." :thumbup: No seriosuly I think he's hurt. I watched his start vs Chicago and he just isn't locating this year. Look at his first half and second half splits and it is incredible. He can't locate the slider, the fastball is flat, and he seems to be fighting himself even when he looks decent. He was second in the AL in K's last year but has not had that kind of presence all year. That in itself is strange but his recent struggles are due to injury, I'm sure of it. But that's just from reading the box scores. :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread