What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Official" Donald Trump for President: Great Wall of Mexico (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, a bunch of grown men fawning over another grown man, sporting avatars of that man, creating multiple threads about that man every day, crying when other people attack that man. 

I can't help but think, these are the very people that Trump would make fun of.
Sorry Peyton, you're going on ignore too. From now on when people post nothing but troll material they become ignored.

There are millions supporting him Tim, you make it sound like you can defeat him by getting people in here to somehow admit he is a bigot. What is the end game?

Be honest, you want the Trump supporters to go away and I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump grows exponentially by the day...sorry but the hour. 

Black Lives Matter is about as racist as they come and I don't see you publicly bashing them. They went after Sanders, aren't they anti-Semites Tim? Do you want to go on record and say Black Lives Matter are Anti-Semites?
Someone described the political spectrum to me not as a line, but as a circle - Trump and BLM are close enough to hold hands (not that they ever would, of course).

There are millions supporting him Tim, you make it sound like you can defeat him by getting people in here to somehow admit he is a bigot. What is the end game?

Be honest, you want the Trump supporters to go away and I'm sorry to tell you this but Trump grows exponentially by the day...sorry but the hour. 

Black Lives Matter is about as racist as they come and I don't see you publicly bashing them. They went after Sanders, aren't they anti-Semites Tim? Do you want to go on record and say Black Lives Matter are Anti-Semites?
I don't want to discuss BLM or Hillary or Bernie or anyone else. Let's define Donald Trump first; then we can raise these other issues and you can decide if aim being a hypocrite. My supposed hypocrisy, whether true or not, should have no bearing on whether or not Trump is s bigot. 

My reason for posting in this thread is because you invited civil discussion and debate. 

All right MOP I read your responses to me and DFSguy as well, and I don't find them satisfactory. I think you guys have to really stretch to defend Trump's comments as not bigoted, and I don't believe it can be done. I'm not going to concede that this is a subjective opinion on my part because I don't believe it is. By any rational standard, anybody who reads Trump's statements on both Muslims and illegal immigrants from Mexico should regard them as bigoted. 

Hence my dilemma. We really are at an impasse here. And what makes it worse is that when you attempt to justify these comments it makes me question you're integrity. Because I don't think you are a stupid person, and only s stupid person could believe that excluding all Muslims is a reasonable response to terrorism (as one example.) 
tim do you believe a country has the right to decide who comes into a country? Are we allowed to base it on safety without being called a bigot? Do you want us to become the next Germany?

Sorry Peyton, you're going on ignore too. From now on when people post nothing but troll material they become ignored.
You have been TrumpCucked.  Sorry you can't see it yet.  Wait til the general when your voting demographic can't get him what he needs anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fai enough guys. Here are some reasons, among others, that I regard Donald Trump as a bigot: 

2. He has called for the exclusion of all Muslims from coming to the USA for the time being. He is not distinguishing between countries or radical Islamists or terrorists, he is targeting an entire religion. 

2. He refers to Mexican illegal immigrants as rapists and murderers, knowing very well that the vast majority are not. 

Please explain how you can reconcile these positions with the belief that Trump is not bigoted.
I agree, and yet you see no double standard in supporting Hillary who has referred to African American youth as super predators. 

Tim - I'll ask you this because I think we view Trump differently.  Do you think Trump REALLY wants to be POTUS?  I don't. 

tim do you believe a country has the right to decide who comes into a country? Are we allowed to base it on safety without being called a bigot? Do you want us to become the next Germany?
If a country excludes people on the basis of religion, the country is behaving in a bigoted, and stupid manner. And no I don't want to become the next Germany, though when I write that I'm thinking of a different, earlier era. 

Tim - I'll ask you this because I think we view Trump differently.  Do you think Trump REALLY wants to be POTUS?  I don't. 
I agree - everything he has done was to build his brand, not become President. He'll probably send a thank you card to the GOP when they cheat him out of the nomination.

If a country excludes people on the basis of religion, the country is behaving in a bigoted, and stupid manner. And no I don't want to become the next Germany, though when I write that I'm thinking of a different, earlier era. 
What if there is a real problem within that religion are we suppose to just ignore it? Trump didn't say ban Muslims forever, just temporarily until there's a solution in determining the dangerous ones from the safe ones.

What you're suggesting is closing your eyes and covering your ears chanting "im not a bigot im not a bigot" while Americans are getting killed by terrorists.

Trump is easy to define. He may not be a true bigot but he's a classic opportunistic fear/hate monger. He preys on others emotions of anxiety and hate to scapegoat groups of people for his own personal gain. I do think he is a bit of a misogynist though.

In other words, a really great example for our kids. Those that support him should be ashamed. IMO of course.

What if there is a real problem within that religious are we suppose to just ignore it? Trump didn't say ban Muslims forever, just temporarily until there's a solution in determining the dangerous ones from the safe ones.

What you're suggesting is closing your eyes and covering your ears chanting "im not a bigot im not a bigot" while Americans are getting killed by terrorists.
:lmao:

"Are you a dangerous Muslim? No? Well then, please find your seat."

We can certainly improve the system of background checks and data bases such that we have a better idea of who may be wanting to come here. 

Honestly, a bunch of grown men fawning over another grown man, sporting avatars of that man, creating multiple threads about that man every day, crying when other people attack that man. 

I can't help but think, these are the very people that Trump would make fun of.
Said the man with the alias of a football player and the avatar of a baseball team, posting in a thread about a man who makes fun of the men who post in it.  :loco:

Maybe not at first. Now? Yes, absolutely. 
Yep, we'll have to disagree on this.   I think he likes the idea of it but knows it will be a huge PITA and he won't know what he's doing.  There really is no downside to losing at this point but there is to winning.  He'll have to actually do something and not just talk - and there's no bankruptcy laws to fall back on when you're POTUS.

I agree, and yet you see no double standard in supporting Hillary who has referred to African American youth as super predators. 
Hillary is a huge racist.  She actually creates policies that cater to one race versus another - in an era where equal protection under the law has largely been achieved.

:rant:  ''why wont trump supporters tell me why they dont think hes a bigot''

:unsure:  ''ummm...we did ...we explained it ''

:rant: NO ...no you didnt ...not to MY satisfaction....anything less than you admitting hes a bigot will not be accepted as an answer ''

:shrug:

Hillary is a huge racist.  She actually creates policies that cater to one race versus another - in an era where equal protection under the law has largely been achieved.
Like Hillary has ever created a policy.

I guess our mindsets are just completely different. To compare Trump's over the top blatant bigotry to Hillary Clinton's policies which, though you may disagree with them, have long been a part of mainstream American politics. I can't do that. I'm amazed that you can.

We can certainly improve the system of background checks and data bases such that we have a better idea of who may be wanting to come here. 
Please explain to me how you will determine someone is a Muslim while they are going through security. I'll wait.

Tim - let me pose this question to you... Let's hypothetically assume for a minute that Trump is in fact engaging in identity politics and targeting white male voters.  How is this any different than Hillary targeting minority voters?  When you make the intellectual leap to allow for identity politics how can you complain when the other side does it too?  What is the distinguishing element in your rationale that allows you to do this?

No.  How about checking their prior addresses?  We can't even do that correctly when vetting immigrants.  If we did then the San Bernardino female Muslim killer might not have gotten in here.

I guess our mindsets are just completely different. To compare Trump's over the top blatant bigotry to Hillary Clinton's policies which, though you may disagree with them, have long been a part of mainstream American politics. I can't do that. I'm amazed that you can.
I can't understand how you can still intellectually justify reverse discrimination in 2016.  It's insane to me.

Please explain to me how you will determine someone is a Muslim while they are going through security. I'll wait.
I'm not and neither is Trump. It's not practical. It would have been much better received if Trump would have said we were stopping all immigration from any of a number of countries housing or supporting terrorism. 

You can bet religion would be a check box on the application.

I'm fine with building a wall.  Not to keep people out or in, that didn't work for the Chinese, Hadrian, or the East Germans since people can go over, under, around, or through walls.  As Patton said if oceans and mountain ranges can be overcome by man so to can anything man builds.  No, I am for us putting up a really kick ### tourist attraction.  When we are done the Chinese wall will be known as the Fairly Impressive Wall.  That will show them.

Here's the facts, kiddos. There has been a pro-Trump thread for 7 months now.

That thread was there before Trump won a single primary, before the field was whittled down to 3, and before it was popular to be a supporter.

That thread is an excellent vehicle to show support to our next President. But it's ignored simply because of a few delusional attention whores that want nothing but drama.

You guys are true disgraces to Trump supporters everywhere. Enjoy having the same arguments with the same 4-5 posters before your thread gets locked.

Here's the facts, kiddos. There has been a pro-Trump thread for 7 months now.

That thread was there before Trump won a single primary, before the field was whittled down to 3, and before it was popular to be a supporter.

That thread is an excellent vehicle to show support to our next President. But it's ignored simply because of a few delusional attention whores that want nothing but drama.

You guys are true disgraces to Trump supporters everywhere. Enjoy having the same arguments with the same 4-5 posters before your thread gets locked.
Hate to do it but when your trolling goes from funny to crying I am forced to put you on ignore. bye bye!

Hate to do it but when your trolling goes from funny to crying I am forced to put you on ignore. bye bye!
You'll be banned again in like a week, especially if I shine the spotlight on you.

Don't you get it? I am if anything the best person you could buddy up with, instead you're going to get flushed down again and again.

I'm fine with building a wall.  Not to keep people out or in, that didn't work for the Chinese, Hadrian, or the East Germans since people can go over, under, around, or through walls.  As Patton said if oceans and mountain ranges can be overcome by man so to can anything man builds.  No, I am for us putting up a really kick ### tourist attraction.  When we are done the Chinese wall will be known as the Fairly Impressive Wall.  That will show them.
The Berlin Wall wasn't effective eh?

I'm not and neither is Trump. It's not practical. It would have been much better received if Trump would have said we were stopping all immigration from any of a number of countries housing or supporting terrorism. 

You can bet religion would be a check box on the application.
I feel so much safer.

I have to admit I'm torn when it comes to Eminence.  I have a soft spot for the guy, what can I say.  Hopefully we can mend this feud and join forces someday.  Problem is, MOP is our resident peacemaker and he's the one right in the middle of the feud.   :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread