What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

I moved 1.04 for 2024 (late) 1st, 2nd (early), 3rd (early) and 2.10.

I agree that holding often yields the most value but thought this was a really strong offer so accepted. In one league where I have 4 1st round picks I don’t mind moving one early because I honestly don’t want to make all those picks and own all those rookies anyways so being the first to obtain 2024 draft capital is sometimes important to me when I feel others will be looking to move ‘23 to ‘24 picks as well. Beat them to the punch with those owners that are willing to move multiple ‘24 picks for a ‘23 1st
This to me is not a good trade. You moved 1.04 for a late 2024 1st and early 2024 2nd. I don’t see the value unless you expect the 2024 pick to be early

I agree that holding often yields the most value but thought this was a really strong offer so accepted. In one league where I have 4 1st round picks I don’t mind moving one early because I honestly don’t want to make all those picks and own all those rookies anyways so being the first to obtain 2024 draft capital is sometimes important to me when I feel others will be looking to move ‘23 to ‘24 picks as well. Beat them to the punch with those owners that are willing to move multiple ‘24 picks for a ‘23 1st
This to me is not a good trade. You moved 1.04 for a late 2024 1st and early 2024 2nd. I don’t see the value unless you expect the 2024 pick to be early
I will try to swap this 1st with another teams 1st that seems little weaker by adding a sweetener or move it for a solid win now player in season.

I will try to swap this 1st with another teams 1st that seems little weaker by adding a sweetener or move it for a solid win now player in season.
That doesn't make sense.
Why did you trade pick 4 in a good draft this year for maybe pick 4 next year??

I think that guy made out bigtime getting pick 4 from you for that.
He might be able to move it for a late 1st this year and a future 1st, or for two future 1sts

You should have been able to get an early 2024 first minimum for 1.04. Firsts in the current year are worth more than future firsts for many reasons. One strategy I use in my leagues is upgrading picks. I will often trade a late first 1.11 or 1.12 to a team that looks to have an early/mid first type team. It doesn’t always work, but one league I have done this the past 3 years and I will offer it again as soon as 2024 picks are added to our teams.

In FFPC 1 QB leagues, you can only keep 14 skill position players. If you’re looking good at RB, WR and TE, it makes sense to send a non-premium 1st rounder to grab a stud QB that makes you have to worry about QB for the next 5+ years.

ETA: to expand on the mention of only 14 keepers: you can’t keep many “projects” at all. so if you can roster a top5 “stud” QB, that means you only need to keep 1, and can use that extra spot for a precious young upside player.

FFPC standard.

Justin Herbert.
For.
Pick 1.07
Wasn't it settled that QBs aren't worth 1sts? :-)

I'd call it a modest overpay. To me Herbert feels more like a 1.11.
I've got Herbert on two teams in FFPC. Best offer I got was last year someone offered me 1.10.

Only FFPC league format(not actually with FFPC so a few tweaks, like no K)I can recall him getting traded was back in early November he went for Carr and a projected late 2023 second round pick and a 2024 second. That was a horrible return. I have Hurts, Fields and Watson in that league and that trade basically made it impossible to move a QB.

12 team ppr dynasty 27 man rosters
Start 1qb until 2025 goes superflex . I made three trades

Traded Russell Wilson, Garrett Wilson , Chris Olave for Alvin Kamara amare Cooper terry mcclaurin and Lamar jackson

12 team ppr dymasty
Traded mcclaurin for Bateman and Elijah Moore (I own Dotson too)

Also traded Michael Thomas for a 24 second

Roster now is
LJax, Rodgers, love, tannehill, willis
Cm3, Aaron Jones, Dillon, Kamara, zeke
Pitts Njoku mcbride Gronk
Metcalf Cooper c Watson Jameson Williams jahan Dotson Bateman e Moore Shenault
Saints and packers d

I own picks 1.4 1.5 1.7 1.9 2.1 2.2 as well as three firsts and seconds next two drafts

FFPC Triflex Best Ball

This trade went down yesterday morning:

Team A received: Jonathan Taylor, 1.04
Team B received: Dalvin Cook, David Montgomery, '24 R2

The team that got JT and the 1.04 makes trades like this ALL THE TIME in this league. I don't know how. It's maddening, because the values here aren't even close. (The owner of this team has a large Twitter following and tweeted the trade details, and nearly every response was some version of "WTF?")

Another owner in the league went nuts and posted three times on the message board that the trade was basically BS. He urged others to email FFPC and protest the trade. (I chimed in on the message board that I thought the trade was severely lopsided but I didn't email to FFPC to protest.) In any case, FFPC received three protest emails. The commish said they use DLF's trade calculator, and if one side is greater than the other by more than a 2-to-1 margin, they reverse the trade. This one was 2.54-to-1, so they overturned it.

I've been in multiple FFPC dynasty leagues for years and have never seen a trade overturned before. I tend to believe that owners are free to run their teams as they see fit, and that includes making horrible trades. But in local leagues where I'm commissioner, I can also elect to replace those owners who hurt the league with repeated imbalanced trades. In FFPC, that's likely not an option. I'm not a huge fan of overturning trades, but, at the same time, this one immediately had me looking at my options for ditching this league, so I can't say I'm disappointed to see it overturned.

FFPC Triflex Best Ball

The team that got JT and the 1.04 makes trades like this ALL THE TIME in this league. I don't know how. It's maddening, because the values here aren't even close. (The owner of this team has a large Twitter following and tweeted the trade details, and nearly every response was some version of "WTF?")

Another owner in the league went nuts and posted three times on the message board that the trade was basically BS. He urged others to email FFPC and protest the trade. (I chimed in on the message board that I thought the trade was severely lopsided but I didn't email to FFPC to protest.) In any case, FFPC received three protest emails. The commish said they use DLF's trade calculator, and if one side is greater than the other by more than a 2-to-1 margin, they reverse the trade. This one was 2.54-to-1, so they overturned it.

I've been in multiple FFPC dynasty leagues for years and have never seen a trade overturned before. I tend to believe that owners are free to run their teams as they see fit, and that includes making horrible trades. But in local leagues where I'm commissioner, I can also elect to replace those owners who hurt the league with repeated imbalanced trades. In FFPC, that's likely not an option. I'm not a huge fan of overturning trades, but, at the same time, this one immediately had me looking at my options for ditching this league, so I can't say I'm disappointed to see it overturned.

I would not do the deal solely for Taylor.

FFPC Triflex Best Ball

I would not do the deal solely for Taylor.
Or 1.04

FFPC Triflex Best Ball

You should be making offers for Taylor, not posting here, lol.
I've seen a couple reversed in FFPC

It’s a terrible deal.

I have no idea what the JT owner was thinking here.

How is the 1.04 on the JT side?

Madness.

The commish said they use DLF's trade calculator, and if one side is greater than the other by more than a 2-to-1 margin, they reverse the trade. This one was 2.54-to-1, so they overturned it.
oh boy.

Trade Calculators should not be deciding anything. That was a very bad trade, but shouldn't be vetoed unless there was some evidence to suggest some sort of collusion. On it's face it doesn't rise to that level.

FFPC standard

3.03 and 3.04
for
Isaiah Likely
I like Likely a lot - not sure I’d sell him for 2x 3rds, but I probably wouldn’t buy him for 2x 3rds.

If Andrews goes down it’ll seem like a bargain, but he’s kind of a weekly dart throw with a healthy MA.
How can you like a guy "a lot". but not pay two 3rds for him?
Do you play any FFPC leagues? 3rd rounders dont carry much value due to small rosters

Trade Calculators should not be deciding anything. That was a very bad trade, but shouldn't be vetoed unless there was some evidence to suggest some sort of collusion. On its face it doesn't rise to that level.
I’m with you on this. That said, I understand a “neutral” process for these sorts of situations in a public league.
FFPC standard

3.03 and 3.04
for
Isaiah Likely
I like Likely a lot - not sure I’d sell him for 2x 3rds, but I probably wouldn’t buy him for 2x 3rds.

If Andrews goes down it’ll seem like a bargain, but he’s kind of a weekly dart throw with a healthy MA.
How can you like a guy "a lot". but not pay two 3rds for him?
Do you play any FFPC leagues? 3rd rounders dont carry much value due to small rosters
easy: I picked him up for nothing off waivers.

And I like him - he’s a talented kid. He’s also in a lineup with arguably a top 3 player at his position blocking him from a substantial enough target share to be valued at 2x early 3rd rounders.

So for me, I would rather hold him and see if Andrews does get hurt so I can either play or flip him & profit from that scenario. So I’m unlikely to sell.

As for buying him on that speculation, I feel like it’s about twice what he’s worth in trade.

So to summarize, I hold because I believe there’s a legit chance at upside in the next year or 2, but I don’t buy for that as I don’t see it as good value for those picks.

The context of FPPC effecting pick value didn’t go into my calculus, so I appreciate that data point.

FFPC standard

3.03 and 3.04
for
Isaiah Likely
Good to know, will see if I can get something similar as he's a planned cut.
Andrews owner might be your best bet
Good thought and normally would be first place I'd check except this league has 11 years in the books, the Andrews owner is an original member, and I am fairly certain he's not made one single trade in 11 years. He's the kind of guy if he had a sure cut and you offered him a mid round pick he'd just cut the player anyway.

FFPC standard

3.03 and 3.04
for
Isaiah Likely
Good to know, will see if I can get something similar as he's a planned cut.
Andrews owner might be your best bet
Good thought and normally would be first place I'd check except this league has 11 years in the books, the Andrews owner is an original member, and I am fairly certain he's not made one single trade in 11 years. He's the kind of guy if he had a sure cut and you offered him a mid round pick he'd just cut the player anyway.
I'll never understand why people like that get into these leagues. They should have divisions before you join a start up, levels of activity like high, moderate, low, and I suck.

As for Likely, SOMEONE has to be rebuilding who wants him. That's why I went after him

Superflex PPR
Team A gets 2023 1.12
Team B gets Mixon
I’d buy Mixon for that.

Not sure if I’d sell Mixon for that if I had him.

Fair deal.
For context, this was during the time he had a warrant out for him.
Did he though?

I thought it was a pending charge that was subsequently dropped.
From my understanding there was a warrant issued and then the whole thing was dropped within a few days.

Superflex PPR
Team A gets 2023 1.12
Team B gets Mixon
I’d buy Mixon for that.

Fair deal.
For context, this was during the time he had a warrant out for him.
Did he though?

I thought it was a pending charge that was subsequently dropped.
From my understanding there was a warrant issued and then the whole thing was dropped within a few days.
The internet says this is….true!

Less than 24 hours, but there was a warrant.

Tell him what he’s won, Johnny!

It’s a brand new car!

FFPC Triflex Best Ball

I knew FFPC would review if multiple owners protest, did not know about the DLF calc portion and would agree with others that calcs shouldn't be used to over turn. However, if it is multiple owners, common sense and calc all being used in conjunction then i'm ok with it. I don't like over turning trades unless collusion is suspected or to the extreme where it makes absolutely no sense for 1 side. Was team B a new owner?

I knew FFPC would review if multiple owners protest, did not know about the DLF calc portion and would agree with others that calcs shouldn't be used to over turn. However, if it is multiple owners, common sense and calc all being used in conjunction then i'm ok with it. I don't like over turning trades unless collusion is suspected or to the extreme where it makes absolutely no sense for 1 side. Was team B a new owner?

I'm in two other leagues with Team B (he has similar team names in all three leagues) so I didn't even notice, but, yeah, he took over an orphan, and this might be his first Triflex league. (His offers to me in the other leagues have always been really terrible -- typically he's the one offering Cook and Montgomery for JT and the 1.04, not the one accepting that.)

Team A gets Bijan Robinson and Michael Thomas
Team B gets Saquan Barkley and D’Andre Swift

Thoughts?

These two teams are constantly trading with each other.
Bijan and Thomas by a considerably large amount.
I prefer the Bijan side, but considerable large amount? It's not like the other side are over the hill.

Can't go on enough about getting out from older Rb's for younger Rb's when you can and I mean turning Barkley into Bijan.

And while Thomas is old and has had massive lack of durabilty it's not like Swift is some sure bet and it's very easy for me to see Thomas actually being a better fantasy contributor over next few years then Swift. Now I'm taking Swift between the two but the difference to me is not nearly closing the gap on getting 5 years younger and way less wear and tear with Bijan over Barkley.

So yes, considerable.
It is funny if you look at this post last year on here, everyone was so high on Swift and Gabe Davis. I got in many conversations about why I didn't trust Swift especially and nobody believed me. Funny how things change so quickly.

I think this totally depends on your view of the draft. Although I would prefer to do this on the clock so you know the player you are moving. I think the value is fine as the picks next year could always fluctuate and getting a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 3rd for 1.04 if fine if you don't believe in Gibbs (in SF). Just would prefer to see more and be OTC for this. Last year I had 1.05 but already took Hall at 1.01 and didn't want to draft 2 Jets (Wilson) so I moved it for a 24 1st, a 23 2nd, and a 24 3rd as I didn't like my options (1 QB). Fine value but bad timing IMO.

I like:wink: the Likely side, but holding on to him with a 14 man roster cut is pretty tuff unless you are in big time rebuild. Even in big rebuild probably leaning toward keeping the 2 free roster spots unless I got nuthin on my roster.

great post. Likely is EXACTLY the kind of example to use to show how hard it is to keep a very promising player in an FFPC league with its roster limits. I’d love to hold Shakir, Tolbert, Metchie…to name a few on the end of my bench, but the roster limits make it such that I’m often trying to trade them away for mid round picks or slight pick upgrades, or I drop them and then re-draft them late in the rookie draft to hold them again. A challenging but fun format imo.

Superflex PPR
Team A gets 2023 1.12
Team B gets Mixon
I’d buy Mixon for that.

Fair deal.
I'm looking to sell Mixon in a 1 QB league (Have CMC, King Henry, Barkley, and Hall) so interesting to see. I want to get 1.03 for JSN this year with Mixon. What do you all think it would take to get there on top of Mixon in a 1 QB league? I think I'd need to get to around 1.8-1.09 for Mixon in SF to make the deal so fair but I'd not be a seller in this deal.

Superflex PPR
Team A gets 2023 1.12
Team B gets Mixon
I’d buy Mixon for that.

Fair deal.
I'm looking to sell Mixon in a 1 QB league (Have CMC, King Henry, Barkley, and Hall) so interesting to see. I want to get 1.03 for JSN this year with Mixon. What do you all think it would take to get there on top of Mixon in a 1 QB league? I think I'd need to get to around 1.8-1.09 for Mixon in SF to make the deal so fair but I'd not be a seller in this deal.
1.3 may not get JSN

Superflex PPR
Team A gets 2023 1.12
Team B gets Mixon
I’d buy Mixon for that.

Fair deal.
1.3 may not get JSN
Our league is only .5 PPR and is RB crazy. Plus, the team with 1.02 drafted 4 WRs in the 1st round last year so I'm almost 100% sure they take Gibbs at 1.02.

Users who are viewing this thread