What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Game Thread*** Green Bay at Detroit TNF edition (1 Viewer)

It wasn't a playoff game but that play looked similar to the Favre-to-Sharpe pass. Rodgers even threw in the taking off the helmet similar to Favre on his run down.

The last time a 5 yard facemask penalty was called in the NFL:

George W. Bush was President

TJ Houshemanzadeh led the league in receptions

Randy Moss set the record for TD receptions

Brian Westbrook was the #1 RB in FF

Brett Favre was a GB Packer

Jurb is heavy-fingered on the report button, so everyone be careful please.

YIC

DrD
No problem eating my crow.You should log back in as ITS, though. Yours is waiting.
:lmao:

You're just the worst, in every way.

You should eat crow for just about everything you say, you are too busy looking at the junk bouncing at the combine to ever be trusted to have any notable observations.

:lmao: @ all these talking heads ignoring that there are 2 types of face masking and this was in no way the 15 yard type.
The rule was changed in 2008. There is only one type of facemask in the NFL.
Correct...and this wasn't it. A scrambling QB, in the process of bobbing and bouncing up and down, manages to barely brush the thumb of the defender with his face mask and the official calls a 15 yard penalty, extending a game that was over, which ends up resulting in the outcome being reversed. The refs have once again decided the an NFL game. Remember the good ol' days when players decide outcomes?

:lmao: @ all these talking heads ignoring that there are 2 types of face masking and this was in no way the 15 yard type.
Pssst, they eliminated the 5 yard face mask call years ago. They are all 15 yards. That's probably why the talking heads ignored it.

Walking Boot said:
Can't remember last time 2 consecutive games ended on extra point kneel downs.
Seems like new trend with longer extra points and all. Not wanting to risk a block-6.
Seriously? In the same thread as the multiple facemask penalties debacle.
It would be 2 points if the defense blocks the attempt and returns it which would have resulted in a Detroit win.
Except that it wouldn't have. It would have still been a Detroit loss, 27-25 instead of the 27-23 it actually ended up as. Ultimately, moot, but why risk an injury?

Stupid that the conversion MUST be played at all, IMO.

Look at Richard Rodgers standing all by himself at the goal line while the Lions are all pretty deep in the end zone https://t.co/6ooCaKySFm
6 lions DB in endzone.. three man rush... where are the other 2??? OH YAH, GUARDING THE FCKING 40.

Hey, we have a 6'6 behemoth that is amazing at jump balls, should we put him in? Nah, he doesn't play defense, let him sit on sideline.

So much fail.

Look at Richard Rodgers standing all by himself at the goal line while the Lions are all pretty deep in the end zone https://t.co/6ooCaKySFm
6 lions DB in endzone.. three man rush... where are the other 2??? OH YAH, GUARDING THE FCKING 40. Hey, we have a 6'6 behemoth that is amazing at jump balls, should we put him in? Nah, he doesn't play defense, let him sit on sideline.

So much fail.
They were making sure they didn't get a deep out in FG range....with all 0s on the clock.

Walking Boot said:
Seems like new trend with longer extra points and all. Not wanting to risk a block-6.
It would be 2 points if the defense blocks the attempt and returns it which would have resulted in a Detroit win.
Simple math too difficult for you?

Correct...and this wasn't it. A scrambling QB, in the process of bobbing and bouncing up and down, manages to barely brush the thumb of the defender with his face mask and the official calls a 15 yard penalty, extending a game that was over, which ends up resulting in the outcome being reversed. The refs have once again decided the an NFL game. Remember the good ol' days when players decide outcomes?
BS. I'm stil not convinced it WASNT a facemask after replay and live it definitely looked like one.

And even if it was a bad call, after that all Detroit had to do was defend a Hail Mary pass that has to have somewhere around a 1 % success rate. Detroit failed miserably here. The loss is on them and nobody else.

Packer tears :cry: .... Yum
Lets all collectively LOL @ ITS!!!!!!!
You've been a dooshbag in this thread too.
I'm sorry are you upset?
Upset? Hardly....it's amusing watching idiots like you .
You seem a little upset. Don't worry Detroit has a bright future.
Stinger Ray not a Lions fan.

HTH

Walking Boot said:
Except that it wouldn't have. It would have still been a Detroit loss, 27-25 instead of the 27-23 it actually ended up as. Ultimately, moot, but why risk an injury? Stupid that the conversion MUST be played at all, IMO.
My bad

6 lions DB in endzone.. three man rush... where are the other 2??? OH YAH, GUARDING THE FCKING 40. Hey, we have a 6'6 behemoth that is amazing at jump balls, should we put him in? Nah, he doesn't play defense, let him sit on sideline.

So much fail.
They were making sure they didn't get a deep out in FG range....with all 0s on the clock.
Damn, I had overlooked that possibility, forgive me from questioning the genius that is Caldwell...

It wasn't a playoff game but that play looked similar to the Favre-to-Sharpe pass. Rodgers even threw in the taking off the helmet similar to Favre on his run down.
WTF are you talking about? I don't ever remember a Packers Hail Mary. Favre hit Sharpe on a great play but it wasn't a Hail Mary or last play of the game. And Favre took his helmet off on the first touchdown pass in the Super Bowl against New England.

I need to coach in the NFL. These coaches are complete FOOLS! FOOLS!

That should never happen with professional football players. EVER! Once and a great while, a ball gets tipped into someone's hands....but a guy going up, just catching a pass like that....STUPID!!!

If I'm the GM....I'd fire everyone tomorrow. Sounds harsh, but that's how you do it!

So much fail.
Agreed. The two guys standing 20 yards off the LOS is just moronic.

BS. I'm stil not convinced it WASNT a facemask after replay and live it definitely looked like one.

And even if it was a bad call, after that all Detroit had to do was defend a Hail Mary pass that has to have somewhere around a 1 % success rate. Detroit failed miserably here. The loss is on them and nobody else.
Watching them try and defend that pass was a comedy of errors. It was like nobody on the team could track the ball in flight. BTW, why wouldn't Det just put Calvin back there ala Moss at times? Maybe they did and I didn't see him. Maybe it's just because it's Det.

WTF are you talking about? I don't ever remember a Packers Hail Mary. Favre hit Sharpe on a great play but it wasn't a Hail Mary or last play of the game. And Favre took his helmet off on the first touchdown pass in the Super Bowl against New England.
Think it was the week before in the Silverdome (week 17). Won the division title, next week Packers held Barry to 0 or -10 or something absurd

Zero outrage at the non-facemask, and then the hold and the block in the back on that final play.

Watching them try and defend that pass was a comedy of errors. It was like nobody on the team could track the ball in flight.BTW, why wouldn't Det just put Calvin back there ala Moss at times? Maybe they did and I didn't see him. Maybe it's just because it's Det.
Coaches should use film of that play as how NOT to defend a Hail Mary. Just terrible.

Welp - it would have been an uphill battle for the Lions to make the playoffs anyways so perhaps this was a good outcome for them in the grand scheme of things.

Think it was the week before in the Silverdome (week 17). Won the division title, next week Packers held Barry to 0 or -10 or something absurd
Nope, he's right. Lions won the week before, came right back and beat them on the last play in the Silverdome

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199401080det.htm

Users who are viewing this thread