What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official ** KODI ** streaming thread (tips, help, add ons, etc) (5 Viewers)

I haven't used KODI in months because nothing seemed to be working.

I just went to Troypoint and saw there is a KODI 18.1 available.  Has anyone tried it?  Is it worth updating?

I haven't used KODI in months because nothing seemed to be working.

I just went to Troypoint and saw there is a KODI 18.1 available.  Has anyone tried it?  Is it worth updating?
I'm currently using 18.1 without any issues for what I utilize it for (watching movies & TV, mainly).  The addition of the Retroplayer to play older videogames from the internet is a nice addition.

The biggest complaints I'm hearing is the KODI dev team has put some sort of limit on how many settings an add-on can have, which is generally not a big deal for most casual users but those that want to have total control have found this limitation frustrating.

There are some skins and add-ons that haven't been fully ported to 18.1 yet, so 17.6 is probably the more used option right now, but I suspect 18 will be the new normal within the next couple releases.

I'm currently using 18.1 without any issues for what I utilize it for (watching movies & TV, mainly).  The addition of the Retroplayer to play older videogames from the internet is a nice addition.

The biggest complaints I'm hearing is the KODI dev team has put some sort of limit on how many settings an add-on can have, which is generally not a big deal for most casual users but those that want to have total control have found this limitation frustrating.

There are some skins and add-ons that haven't been fully ported to 18.1 yet, so 17.6 is probably the more used option right now, but I suspect 18 will be the new normal within the next couple releases.
What add-on are you using for movies/tv shows? 

How does Retroplayer work??

What add-on are you using for movies/tv shows? 

How does Retroplayer work??
I mainly use GAIA (with a Premiumize subscription) for movies/TV.  No shortage of 1080 or higher links and plenty of sources.  I don't look for "in theater" stuff, just wait for BR/DVD rips to drop, which is usually no later than same day of release.

Retroplayer utilizes the same libretro cores Retroarch uses, but it's all self-contained within KODI.  The emulator cores are all in the official KODI repo and I paired it with the IAGL add-on (found at IAGL launcher) to launch the ROMs.  It's all free, but does come with some gray area concerns, but if you're using KODI to watch movies/TV, it's the same color of gray for me.

I mainly use GAIA (with a Premiumize subscription) for movies/TV.  No shortage of 1080 or higher links and plenty of sources.  I don't look for "in theater" stuff, just wait for BR/DVD rips to drop, which is usually no later than same day of release.

Retroplayer utilizes the same libretro cores Retroarch uses, but it's all self-contained within KODI.  The emulator cores are all in the official KODI repo and I paired it with the IAGL add-on (found at IAGL launcher) to launch the ROMs.  It's all free, but does come with some gray area concerns, but if you're using KODI to watch movies/TV, it's the same color of gray for me.
What is the interface like on GAIA? I always used Exodus, Exodus Redux, Exodus V8, Nemesis, etc... that's how I like to browse. I also use Real-Debrid, which I kinda find semi-useless. Streams in 720p are harder to come by. Also, how does Premiumize compare to Real-Debrid? I'd hope much better since it is 8x the cost. 

I use Kodi to supplement DirecTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, so the lack of streaming options hasn't been a big deal.

What is the interface like on GAIA? I always used Exodus, Exodus Redux, Exodus V8, Nemesis, etc... that's how I like to browse. I also use Real-Debrid, which I kinda find semi-useless. Streams in 720p are harder to come by. Also, how does Premiumize compare to Real-Debrid? I'd hope much better since it is 8x the cost. 

I use Kodi to supplement DirecTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, so the lack of streaming options hasn't been a big deal.
The default GAIA interface is not too bad, especially if you rope in Trakt.  I follow a couple lists on there, and I can view those lists in GAIA that shows me the latest movies on BR/DVD so I don't waste my time watching a cam version of a newer movie.  I use Super Favourites so links to my TV shows and movie lists are accessible from the home screen and I don't have to navigate through GAIA each time.

The biggest advantage of GAIA is the sheer amount of tweaking you can do to how the add-on searches for sources.  You want only cached content that is 1080p or higher and is less than 10 gbs in size?  You can set that.  You want to stop searching sources after you find 10 that meet a certain criteria?  You can do that, too.  I can go from searching a movie to watching a 1080 or better in less than 30 seconds.

I haven't really utilized RD in a while.  Had both for a few months, but I've not had an issue finding anything with PM.  The cost is a bit more, but the customer support is top notch (something I've heard is not true with RD) and they sometimes run specials (I got 2 years for ~ $100 as part of a Black Friday promotion).  You can find 3 day trials to PM on Reddit just to check and see if the upgrade in quality is worth the extra $$$.

ETA: The awesome thing about KODI with almost any of the up-to-date addons (GAIA, Seren, 13 Clowns the go-to choices right now) is you can find all the Netflix and Prime shows as well.  I can't convince the wife to drop DTV yet because of the convenience of the List and we watch enough live TV to hang on for a bit longer, but hopefully we can drop all those services by 2020.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using Exodus Redux successfully, but I'm going to try GAIA just to have a 2nd working add on since these things go down so frequently.   

Have amazon fire devices (one stick, one regular pendant style).  Installed Kodi on both, then the "Kodi No Limits" deal on top of that.  Horribly slow to do anything - any suggestions?

Been using Exodus Redux successfully, but I'm going to try GAIA just to have a 2nd working add on since these things go down so frequently.   
I haven't gotten around to it, but my wife will be at an Elton John concert tonight, so I'll have some free time on my hand. 

I always struggle with any interface that isn't like Exodus. I've basically used Exodus, Covenant, Nemesis, etc. over the course of my Kodi using. 

I downloaded Terrarium TV and erased like 15 minutes later, same with Magic Dragon. 

fantasycurse42 said:
I haven't gotten around to it, but my wife will be at an Elton John concert tonight, so I'll have some free time on my hand. 

I always struggle with any interface that isn't like Exodus. I've basically used Exodus, Covenant, Nemesis, etc. over the course of my Kodi using. 

I downloaded Terrarium TV and erased like 15 minutes later, same with Magic Dragon. 
There is a rumor going around that the author of the Exodus Redux add-on pushed a new update recently.  Can't confirm with 100% certainty, but might be worth a look for you.

Exodus Redux has been showing 4k files for me recently. Watched Spiderman Into the Spiderverse in 4k this weekend, never saw any files come back in 4k on Covenant/Exodus/Nemesis.

Also, torrent files are showing up, those have never been there for me. As long as some form or version with the Exodus/Covenant interface is up and going, that's what I'm using. 

I pay for DTV, Netflix, Prime, but interestingly Kodi is still my first choice for screen time.

I haven't visited this thread for a while.  What is currently the most reliable way to go for FireTV?  I don't need all the extra add-ons.  Primarily interested in GoT.

Just got a 4k firestick and installed Kodi. What's the go to for TV streams? Just looking for Netflix shows right now. 
The Crew is the addon of record right now, been using it with great results.

snag TemptTV, as well - best IPTV service on the platform. 

PS- make sure it's 18.6 leia Kodi - 19 is still wonky as ####. 

The Crew is the addon of record right now, been using it with great results.

snag TemptTV, as well - best IPTV service on the platform. 

PS- make sure it's 18.6 leia Kodi - 19 is still wonky as ####. 
Would you happen to have a link to a good The Crew tuturial.  On how to install. 

Still using Venom.  Seems to be working fine.    Have the masses moved on from that already?   
yeah, it was a bit wonky for me last month ... so i upped the Crew in it's place, which has been just fine - no need for me ro carry the bloat of two similar addons, so i'm just using the Crew for now. 

have you tried TempTV?  the IPTV is flawless, and it also runs the same 24/7 stream/live platform as Mobdro. 

yeah, it was a bit wonky for me last month ... so i upped the Crew in it's place, which has been just fine - no need for me ro carry the bloat of two similar addons, so i'm just using the Crew for now. 

have you tried TempTV?  the IPTV is flawless, and it also runs the same 24/7 stream/live platform as Mobdro. 
outside of sports and the occasional non-sports big live event, i don't need iptv.  i've been using smoothstreams probably for the past dozen years without any issues other than the occasional directtv outage b/c of bad weather.  thanks for the recommendation though.  

I let my RD sub run out, and now when I try to sign in, it kicks me back to the sites main page. Anyone know anything?

I let my RD sub run out, and now when I try to sign in, it kicks me back to the sites main page. Anyone know anything?
RD has been giving me problems for some time. Recently they had some server issues. I've switched to Premiumize as my main source.

Users who are viewing this thread