What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL LEAGUE POSTPONEMENTS - Browns v Raiders now Monday (1 Viewer)

I am being told there have been NFL/NFLPA discussions today about rescheduling Saturday’s Raiders-Browns game, likely to Monday or Tuesday. A decision could be announced within the next hour, before Raiders are scheduled to travel to Cleveland

- Dan Graziano (RTd by Schef)

Raiders are supposed to board buses to go to the airport at 11:15 am PT/ 2:15 ET, and some players have said that they are being told at this time to stand down, per source.

- Adam Schefter

It's a valid topic to discuss whether the new variant's extra contagious feature but limited potency should modify the league's policy, but it's difficult to have that conversation with so many people entrenched on a political side in this.

Also kind of unrelated to the original OP question, unless we're hoping they make significant changes in the next day.

While I would agree the risk of letting asymptomatic players play is very small, I think many symptomatic players would then claim to be asymptomatic in order to be eligible. Would have been easier to just mandate vaccinations period, then you can just absorb the risk since everyone is vaccinated.

The NFL and NFL Players Association are in active discussions about postponing multiple Week 15 games in light of recent COVID cases, per sources. 

Similar circumstances to delays in 2020, with new cases still emerging with #Browns, #Rams, #WFT.

- Tom Pelissero

So do I have a chance of getting Hunt back for this week now?

What a total cluster - great way for the NFL to go back in their preseason plans.

I think this is BS to be honest. So what happens now if Raiders players tests positive on Sunday?

There is a long list of "what ifs" that could make this decision look unfair.  I'll say the same thing I've been saying the past year or so - very happy I am not in a position to have to make decisions or set policy - for a company, school, municipality or sports league - because there is only one certainty and that is that any decision you make will piss someone off and you'll probably regret it when the wind direction changes in a week or so.

For now, moving to Monday or Tuesday is a relief.  This is obviously terrible timing being the first week of a lot of fantasy playoffs.

I cant imagine the grief the Commish's will get if games are not played this week

For now, moving to Monday or Tuesday is a relief.  This is obviously terrible timing being the first week of a lot of fantasy playoffs.

I cant imagine the grief the Commish's will get if games are not played this week
Good point. Is there any "chatter" that the now Tuesday games could be cancelled if nothing changes till then?

Doesn't get much better than settling in on the couch on a Monday night for Brows-Raiders followed by Vikings-Bears.
Tell me about it. How we got to this point is a total clusterfudge, but if the end result is that we get two straight days of NFL doubleheaders -- especially on days where my wife and kids will be at my mother-in-law's and I will be "working from home" at a time where there's nothing going on at work -- well, sign me up for that.

Good point. Is there any "chatter" that the now Tuesday games could be cancelled if nothing changes till then?
This is what I'm wondering, considering i have 2 defenses and both now play on Tues!  (PHI/LA)

IMO it’s too subjective. How many players have to be out with Covid to move the game? Does it count more if they are starters? 
Agreed.  They opened up a whole can of worms here.

My question is what are FF commissioners going to do if one or more games are not played this week?   It seems like anyone starting a player on one of these 6 teams is risking a zero.

IMO it’s too subjective. How many players have to be out with Covid to move the game? Does it count more if they are starters? 
Which is exactly why this is an absolutely abhorrent display of leadership. They set very clear guidelines and rules going into the season. They should have stuck to them. Instead, at the first sign of a little adversity, they cave and start changing things with very little rhyme or reason. Terrible display.

My question is what are FF commissioners going to do if one or more games are not played this week?   It seems like anyone starting a player on one of these 6 teams is risking a zero.

My league has a rule, where if a game is not played all players from that game that are in the FF starting lineup get 50 points. ✔️ers - ♟️

Kidding, of course, but maybe there is something to that concept... 5 points? 10 points? The player's season average? The next best score from the bench? The average of all players on the bench for the applicable position? Big fat 0?

Last edited by a moderator:
My league has a rule, where if a game is not played all players from that game that are in the FF starting lineup get 50 points. ✔️ers - ♟️

Kidding, of course, but maybe there is something to that concept... 5 points? 10 points? The player's season average? The next best score from the bench? The average of all players on the bench for the applicable position? Big fat 0?
What I wanted to do was have teams in the playoffs list contingency players if any player’s game is cancelled but we have some owners who are sticklers to the rules as they are written at the start of the season.

it is not worth the bxxxxing and moaning I’ll will hear so we will just hope for the best 

I have a commissioner (I’m in three of his leagues) allowing us to post “If I had know, I’d have started player x…” posts so long as it’s done before both players’ game. For example, something like “I intend to start Josh Jacobs, but if his game is canceled and/or he has Covid, I’d have started rhamondre Stevenson.”  This is legit provided the post is made to the league before Stevenson plays. 

Lotta work for the commish in theory policing it but I found it a nice and reasonable idea. 

seems unfair to some of the teams moved to Tuesday. Now they play their FOLLOWING game on 4 days rest while their opponents get 7? UNEXPECTANTLY? 

Those teams should have their FOLLOWING GAMES moved back a day also.

I have a commissioner (I’m in three of his leagues) allowing us to post “If I had know, I’d have started player x…” posts so long as it’s done before both players’ game. For example, something like “I intend to start Josh Jacobs, but if his game is canceled and/or he has Covid, I’d have started rhamondre Stevenson.”  This is legit provided the post is made to the league before Stevenson plays. 

Lotta work for the commish in theory policing it but I found it a nice and reasonable idea. 
I have several leagues with a standing rule like this....it happens FAR FAR less often then you'd expect, and is much easier to enforce/manage then you think. After several years with this rule I can honestly say in no league has it been used more then 3 or 4 times in a given season, and provides a TON of peace of mind to owners.

Seriously...why should ANYONE have to decide on Thursday whether or not to play a weak player that night or HOIPE his Q player plays on MONDAY night? Or how about someone (like me) who works night shift (0r any highly variable schedule) ? Is it REALLY fair that he has to wake up at the equivalent of 2 AM to check NFL inactive lists? I get it if all you play is $2000/entry high stakes leagues, but NOT having a rule like this is just silly for any normal league.

I just saw a report that said a few more players were added to Cleveland's COVID list including Clowney. If The Browns can't get anyone, or let's say just a couple of players,off the list by gametime Monday,would The NFL cancel the game and move it later in the season? The Browns are currently scheduled to play next Saturday,Christmas Day. I assume the game was pushed back so Cleveland could get more time to get more players eligible. What if they don't? Another query,The Raiders are saying The Browns should have forfeited the game based on the rules that were in place. Do they have a legitimate argument and do they have any recourse before Monday? So many questions,so few answers.

I just saw a report that said a few more players were added to Cleveland's COVID list including Clowney. If The Browns can't get anyone, or let's say just a couple of players,off the list by gametime Monday,would The NFL cancel the game and move it later in the season? The Browns are currently scheduled to play next Saturday,Christmas Day. I assume the game was pushed back so Cleveland could get more time to get more players eligible. What if they don't? Another query,The Raiders are saying The Browns should have forfeited the game based on the rules that were in place. Do they have a legitimate argument and do they have any recourse before Monday? So many questions,so few answers.
some have reported that the forfeit rule was for outbreaks among unvaccinated players, therefore it may not apply.  

Users who are viewing this thread