What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

My only real complain from this season is that the alternate timeline seems to be unnecessary and worse...boring as hell. I keep thinking they have a plan for it, but then I remember all the horribly boring timewastes that were the Jin and Sun backstory, and then I'm not so sure. I just wished they focused on what people wanted to see, and that's the stuff surrounding the island and the people on it.
Yeah I agree. Last season they had the whole off-island spiel and it was boring as hell. Same with this years alt-timeline. We want to see the island and the rest of the stuff just feels like filler.

Maybe I'm missing something but what does Jin think telling Claire that Aaron is at the temple? Maybe trying to gain her trust so he can kill her? Doesn't seem like Jin to be lie just for the hell of it.

Maybe I'm missing something but what does Jin think telling Claire that Aaron is at the temple? Maybe trying to gain her trust so he can kill her? Doesn't seem like Jin to be lie just for the hell of it.
Trying to save himself from getting an axe in the gut by telling Claire she needs him.

They were supposed to point the light in the lighthouse to degree 108

Degree 23 was for Sheppard

We do see a house as they past degree 108 - any idea who's house this was? It kind of looked like the temple - I think?

Don't forget Desmond was on flight 815 during the flash sideways - Jack comes back to his seat and Desmond is gone

Desmond seems to have a knack for jumping in and out of time

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we saw the scene from Jin and Suns wedding and the one after that looked like church where Jacob approached baby Sawyer. So is it now confirmed that Christian = MIB?

Screenshots in this thread.

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66181

108 is crossed off, Wallace.

Of note, Austen is on this list, not in the cave (that we saw). Jarrah and Shephard look like they are in dark pencil, as though the names were re-traced again or carry some particular importance.

With the introduction of the appendix scar and a son, the alternate timeline takes on new meaning. It is not just that they didn't crash, a lot of things could be different. This was alluded to with the Locke storyline and the comment about his father.

Of note, Austen is on this list, not in the cave (that we saw). Jarrah and Shephard look like they are in dark pencil, as though the names were re-traced again or carry some particular importance.

With the introduction of the appendix scar and a son, the alternate timeline takes on new meaning. It is not just that they didn't crash, a lot of things could be different. This was alluded to with the Locke storyline and the comment about his father.
Did he not have an appendix scar or a son in the previous timeline? I thought they just never mentioned it for whatever reason.

Did he not have an appendix scar or a son in the previous timeline? I thought they just never mentioned it for whatever reason.
In the original timeline he had no son and his appendix was removed on island by Juliet. I still think memories are intermingling in that alterna universe.

Love the screen cap...118 Linus

God what a suckfest.

I wish this stupid show would be over already. Who cares about this idiotic sideways story. I DON'T CARE ABOUT JACK'S FAKE ANGRY GAY SON.

In the original timeline he had no son and his appendix was removed on island by Juliet. I still think memories are intermingling in that alterna universe.
This is just ######ed. Why would he have a son in the new timeline? What does the plane not crashing have to do with that? This show is getting really really dumb and really too complicated. They went one season too far IMO.

Blah flash story. These episodes would have been so much better if they were building towards something in the post LA X stories. Some type of Constant event where Desmond tethers the two points in time.

By changing the past aren't they validating this is the future of the 815ers? It's no longer what MIGHT have happened had 815 not crashed. Somehow the bomb going off affected lives in ways that you would not have expected. And it's LOST - so logical reasoning can be throw out by some new event or explanation.

The hard part now is making sense of issues like why would the same people even be on 815? There's no island so there's no Jacob at the helm to make sure people are on 815.

But then if the plane never crashed how are they on the island now?

Sounds like something is not going to tie together cleanly.

They were on an island in the middle of nowhere with polar bears and a killer monster made out of black smoke and strange people who wanted to kill them for seemingly no reason and time jumping and electromagnetic fields and mysterious numbers and all kinds of odd connections with each other and a partridge in a ####ing pear tree... and NOW, because Jack has a queer piano playing son, NOW it's getting too complicated?

You people are odd.

They were on an island in the middle of nowhere with polar bears and a killer monster made out of black smoke and strange people who wanted to kill them for seemingly no reason and time jumping and electromagnetic fields and mysterious numbers and all kinds of odd connections with each other and a partridge in a ####ing pear tree... and NOW, because Jack has a queer piano playing son, NOW it's getting too complicated? You people are odd.
No, now it's uninteresting. I could buy into the other crap because it was compelling. The island story is still compelling. Jack tearing up because his son suddenly decides he doesn't hate him so much, and hey, let's have a slice and a coke, is hardly interesting.

They were on an island in the middle of nowhere with polar bears and a killer monster made out of black smoke and strange people who wanted to kill them for seemingly no reason and time jumping and electromagnetic fields and mysterious numbers and all kinds of odd connections with each other and a partridge in a ####ing pear tree... and NOW, because Jack has a queer piano playing son, NOW it's getting too complicated? You people are odd.
No, now it's uninteresting. I could buy into the other crap because it was compelling. The island story is still compelling. Jack tearing up because his son suddenly decides he doesn't hate him so much, and hey, let's have a slice and a coke, is hardly interesting.
But he didn't have what it takes, man.

Agreed. 35 or so minutes of dreck.

But he didn't have what it takes, man.
Which would be a shame, if he wasn't in some fake alternate world that doesn't exist, and so, he doesn't exist in the real world, which is the world his fake dad who never fathered him is sitting on an island in the middle of nowhere following advice from a ghost of a thing that probably isn't human to begin with to flee a temple. :thumbup:

This.You either accept it or don't.I can't comprehend how people are still stunned and shocked time and time again when they are disappointed by a lack of realism or overly complex story lines.

Arg what crap. Last week's episode was so good as well. My proposal is only Locke/Ben and Richard centered episodes from now on. Thanks in advance.

Or how about the poorly written exchange between Claire and her captive?

Hmm, this crazed coconut whore is going to kill me because she thinks we have her baby - so I am going to yell at her and make her mad - cause that's how you handle crazed coconut whores.

This.You either accept it or don't.I can't comprehend how people are still stunned and shocked time and time again when they are disappointed by a lack of realism or overly complex story lines.
complex story lines started in season one = ok. complex story lines started in the final season when there are already tons of questions left to be answered = enough is enough already.

My only real complain from this season is that the alternate timeline seems to be unnecessary and worse...boring as hell. I keep thinking they have a plan for it, but then I remember all the horribly boring timewastes that were the Jin and Sun backstory, and then I'm not so sure. I just wished they focused on what people wanted to see, and that's the stuff surrounding the island and the people on it.
I think there's a purpose to the off-island, alternate timeline stuff...

Great episode!!

I think some of you are totally not getting what happened when the island blew up. It didn't just stop the plane from crashing..It changed the future from that point in time..not from just when the plane crashed.

I don't know how anyone could watch tonight's episode and not love it. Yeah, a little drama for the women..that's going to happen. But the lighthouse was pretty awesome, and it's obvious there's going to be a major attack next week.

And Claire! :excited:

Great episode!!I think some of you are totally not getting what happened when the island blew up. It didn't just stop the plane from crashing..It changed the future from that point in time..not from just when the plane crashed. I don't know how anyone could watch tonight's episode and not love it. Yeah, a little drama for the women..that's going to happen. But the lighthouse was pretty awesome, and it's obvious there's going to be a major attack next week. And Claire! :excited:
I enjoyed the episode as well. Only one possible complaint: I hope that Hurley's 15 second "guess" as to who the skeletons in the cave were isn't all we get as an answer.

menobrown said:
shader said:
I think some of you are totally not getting what happened when the island blew up. It didn't just stop the plane from crashing..It changed the future from that point in time..not from just when the plane crashed.
this
Also when the island blew up, Jacob couldn't visit any of them. If Jacob meeting each person "changed" their lives somehow ie: young Sawyer at the church, Sun and Jin at their wedding,and Jack at the candy machine now didn't happen and not getting that candy made him become a father?

Users who are viewing this thread