What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

So....any chance teacher Ben kills teacher Locke....again!
Locke doesn't throw away the old coffee filter when he's done making coffee and Ben smashes his head with the coffee pot. "I told you people to throw away the old filter when your done making coffee and I meant it!", Ben yells to the rest of the staff as Locke lies on the floor bleeding.
Taller Ghost Walt enters the teacher's lounge. "Get up, John. Get off of that linoleum floor. Kids aren't going to learn to use prophylactics on their own. You've got work to do."

Bob Sacamano said:
CamRik said:
Statorama said:
So....any chance teacher Ben kills teacher Locke....again!
Locke doesn't throw away the old coffee filter when he's done making coffee and Ben smashes his head with the coffee pot. "I told you people to throw away the old filter when your done making coffee and I meant it!", Ben yells to the rest of the staff as Locke lies on the floor bleeding.
Taller Ghost Walt enters the teacher's lounge. "Get up, John. Get off of that linoleum floor. Kids aren't going to learn to use prophylactics on their own. You've got work to do."
:excited:

As long as it doesn't end with Jack, Kate, and Aaron sitting in a diner while Claire takes 15 minutes to parallel park outside :fade to black:

What age would Walt be in the off-island timeline? I don't suppose Taller Ghost Walt is going to end up being in Locke's class, is he?
I thought the black kid he stopped to ask directions from was going to be Walt, but they didn't show a clear shot of him.
I'm two pages behind, so maybe this gets mentioned but I thought the guy delivering Locke's box of knives was gonna be Walt, but it seemed like they blurred his face out.ETA - this is gonna blow your f-ing minds, but although my post appears on page 23, I'm still reading page 21! I know... I hope the FBG isn't my island, but if it is which one of you is Kate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watching last nights now and have been thinking about the whole time thing. Desmond, we know, is special. He is special because he has foreshadowed things to come. Desmond needed a constant to "get better". Desmond was also met by Faraday back in time but he did not recall that meeting until it happened to his constant. The meeting always took place but the equation of 2+2 did not equal 4 until it did take place. With that thought, what happened, did happen to each of the Losties as well as Sawyer... meaning the three years after they were off the island. The stuff back in time also did happen and while they are now back in 2004, the stuff that happened in those three years will come back to them when they meet their constant(s). The question is, who is there constant? Might it be Jacob?Or, we are seeing what might have happened to the mouse as well as Faraday's girlfriend. She time traveled and so have the Losties but the time we are seeing is now actually being played out and shown instead of us seeing a body lying in wake and zoning in and out. The Losties are not zoning in and out rather their consciences and body are playing it out rather than just their conscience. The boy is Jacob because Locke looked scared when he saw the boy. Maybe they were friends their whole life so Locke would know what Jacob looked like as a boy. Also, Jacob is like a Phoenix rising from his ashes but taking a different form and not clearly known... like a Dalai Lama type thing. (Jacob loves golf)
I've read this five times and I still have no idea what you're saying.
First, this makes perfect sense. Second, allow me to clear things up.Desmond is the key character right now. What is happening to the Losties right now, in 2004, is what we saw happen to Desmond in The Constant. Desmond's life was normal, going through the motions, until he started zoning out. The Losties, while not zoning out, are in two places at one time much like Desmond was. This is where the Temple comes in, imo. I think the Temple is immune from the time traveling issues much like how the eye of a hurricane does not have wind and is beautiful. We are seeing the Losties jumping/living in two times and their time lines will not converge until they meet their constants. Question is, who are their constants?We also saw how Desmond did not remember meeting Faraday until it happened. Desmond's future self did not register his memory until his past self recorded it. That event, Faraday meeting Desmond, always happened (What ever happens, happens) but it was not remembered until it actually happened. If/when we see the Losties meet their constants, we might see some zoning in and out or we might see some of the two time lines converge. However, I don't think the two time lines are going to converge because Desmond's never did. Desmond still did what he did in the past but now his motions had meaning even though those motions did not have meaning until his zoning. He went through them but did not know why until the future happened.The key is Desmond. We have seen what happens to the Losties through what has happened to Desmond in the past. We do not know the future about it but we know how things have and are happening.As far as Jacob being a phoenix, he cannot die but takes different forms. The Jacob we saw in the finale last year was not how Jacob always looked. He probably had a much different look, much like Richard however Richard does not take the form of others through time.

Just watching last nights now and have been thinking about the whole time thing. Desmond, we know, is special. He is special because he has foreshadowed things to come. Desmond needed a constant to "get better". Desmond was also met by Faraday back in time but he did not recall that meeting until it happened to his constant. The meeting always took place but the equation of 2+2 did not equal 4 until it did take place.

With that thought, what happened, did happen to each of the Losties as well as Sawyer... meaning the three years after they were off the island. The stuff back in time also did happen and while they are now back in 2004, the stuff that happened in those three years will come back to them when they meet their constant(s). The question is, who is there constant? Might it be Jacob?

Or, we are seeing what might have happened to the mouse as well as Faraday's girlfriend. She time traveled and so have the Losties but the time we are seeing is now actually being played out and shown instead of us seeing a body lying in wake and zoning in and out. The Losties are not zoning in and out rather their consciences and body are playing it out rather than just their conscience.

The boy is Jacob because Locke looked scared when he saw the boy. Maybe they were friends their whole life so Locke would know what Jacob looked like as a boy. Also, Jacob is like a Phoenix rising from his ashes but taking a different form and not clearly known... like a Dalai Lama type thing. (Jacob loves golf)
First, this makes perfect sense. Second, allow me to clear things up.
:loco:
As far as Jacob being a phoenix, he cannot die but takes different forms. The Jacob we saw in the finale last year was not how Jacob always looked. He probably had a much different look, much like Richard however Richard does not take the form of others through time.
:suds:

Just watching last nights now and have been thinking about the whole time thing. Desmond, we know, is special. He is special because he has foreshadowed things to come. Desmond needed a constant to "get better". Desmond was also met by Faraday back in time but he did not recall that meeting until it happened to his constant. The meeting always took place but the equation of 2+2 did not equal 4 until it did take place. With that thought, what happened, did happen to each of the Losties as well as Sawyer... meaning the three years after they were off the island. The stuff back in time also did happen and while they are now back in 2004, the stuff that happened in those three years will come back to them when they meet their constant(s). The question is, who is there constant? Might it be Jacob?Or, we are seeing what might have happened to the mouse as well as Faraday's girlfriend. She time traveled and so have the Losties but the time we are seeing is now actually being played out and shown instead of us seeing a body lying in wake and zoning in and out. The Losties are not zoning in and out rather their consciences and body are playing it out rather than just their conscience. The boy is Jacob because Locke looked scared when he saw the boy. Maybe they were friends their whole life so Locke would know what Jacob looked like as a boy. Also, Jacob is like a Phoenix rising from his ashes but taking a different form and not clearly known... like a Dalai Lama type thing. (Jacob loves golf)
First, this makes perfect sense. Second, allow me to clear things up.Desmond is the key character right now. What is happening to the Losties right now, in 2004, is what we saw happen to Desmond in The Constant. Desmond's life was normal, going through the motions, until he started zoning out. The Losties, while not zoning out, are in two places at one time much like Desmond was. This is where the Temple comes in, imo. I think the Temple is immune from the time traveling issues much like how the eye of a hurricane does not have wind and is beautiful. We are seeing the Losties jumping/living in two times and their time lines will not converge until they meet their constants. Question is, who are their constants?We also saw how Desmond did not remember meeting Faraday until it happened. Desmond's future self did not register his memory until his past self recorded it. That event, Faraday meeting Desmond, always happened (What ever happens, happens) but it was not remembered until it actually happened. If/when we see the Losties meet their constants, we might see some zoning in and out or we might see some of the two time lines converge. However, I don't think the two time lines are going to converge because Desmond's never did. Desmond still did what he did in the past but now his motions had meaning even though those motions did not have meaning until his zoning. He went through them but did not know why until the future happened.The key is Desmond. We have seen what happens to the Losties through what has happened to Desmond in the past. We do not know the future about it but we know how things have and are happening.As far as Jacob being a phoenix, he cannot die but takes different forms. The Jacob we saw in the finale last year was not how Jacob always looked. He probably had a much different look, much like Richard however Richard does not take the form of others through time.
What do you think your emotional reaction will be when this show ends? Satisfaction? Sadness? Any tears?

Kudos for attempting a thought out response. Here are the the flaws, I think, in order:-If you believe the post LA X lives are real, then they have changed events prior to the crash - which doesn't fit your explanation-The temple being immune to time travel is a bit bizarre when the whole island is moving-The Jacob-Phoenix thing is nuts

Just watching last nights now and have been thinking about the whole time thing. Desmond, we know, is special. He is special because he has foreshadowed things to come. Desmond needed a constant to "get better". Desmond was also met by Faraday back in time but he did not recall that meeting until it happened to his constant. The meeting always took place but the equation of 2+2 did not equal 4 until it did take place.

With that thought, what happened, did happen to each of the Losties as well as Sawyer... meaning the three years after they were off the island. The stuff back in time also did happen and while they are now back in 2004, the stuff that happened in those three years will come back to them when they meet their constant(s). The question is, who is there constant? Might it be Jacob?

Or, we are seeing what might have happened to the mouse as well as Faraday's girlfriend. She time traveled and so have the Losties but the time we are seeing is now actually being played out and shown instead of us seeing a body lying in wake and zoning in and out. The Losties are not zoning in and out rather their consciences and body are playing it out rather than just their conscience.

The boy is Jacob because Locke looked scared when he saw the boy. Maybe they were friends their whole life so Locke would know what Jacob looked like as a boy. Also, Jacob is like a Phoenix rising from his ashes but taking a different form and not clearly known... like a Dalai Lama type thing. (Jacob loves golf)
First, this makes perfect sense. Second, allow me to clear things up.Desmond is the key character right now. What is happening to the Losties right now, in 2004, is what we saw happen to Desmond in The Constant. Desmond's life was normal, going through the motions, until he started zoning out. The Losties, while not zoning out, are in two places at one time much like Desmond was.

This is where the Temple comes in, imo. I think the Temple is immune from the time traveling issues much like how the eye of a hurricane does not have wind and is beautiful. We are seeing the Losties jumping/living in two times and their time lines will not converge until they meet their constants. Question is, who are their constants?

We also saw how Desmond did not remember meeting Faraday until it happened. Desmond's future self did not register his memory until his past self recorded it. That event, Faraday meeting Desmond, always happened (What ever happens, happens) but it was not remembered until it actually happened.

If/when we see the Losties meet their constants, we might see some zoning in and out or we might see some of the two time lines converge. However, I don't think the two time lines are going to converge because Desmond's never did. Desmond still did what he did in the past but now his motions had meaning even though those motions did not have meaning until his zoning. He went through them but did not know why until the future happened.

The key is Desmond. We have seen what happens to the Losties through what has happened to Desmond in the past. We do not know the future about it but we know how things have and are happening.

As far as Jacob being a phoenix, he cannot die but takes different forms. The Jacob we saw in the finale last year was not how Jacob always looked. He probably had a much different look, much like Richard however Richard does not take the form of others through time.
Kudos for attempting a thought out response. Here are the the flaws, I think, in order:

-If you believe the post LA X lives are real, then they have changed events prior to the crash - which doesn't fit your explanation

-The temple being immune to time travel is a bit bizarre when the whole island is moving

-The Jacob-Phoenix thing is nuts
Too much stuff in this thread to check, but isn't LA X two different places? The people who landed in LA are in the "LA" reality, and the survivors on the island are in the "X" reality.

thought this was interesting, saw it on another forum: 'The Game' is a simple concept but played on a large scale. Here are the key points: Welcome. You 2 are about to enter into a very unique game. Welcome to the island. This will be your playing field. The island must have a leader that fits the specification perfectly. Whoever finds a perfect candidate for this role is deemed the winner of the game. This is a game of 2 sides. One is light, one is dark. This does not necessarily mean one of you is 'good' and one of you is 'evil' - it just represents the fact that you are opposing each other and fighting to win the game. You are trapped here until one of you finds a suitable candidate to act as the island's leader. The leader must fit the following criteria i) must not be bound by any emotion/event that occured off island. ii) must be willing to COMMIT to the island. they must not fear sacrifice if it is in the best intentions of the island. iii) must seemingly have a communion with this island. this makes them very special. This game has no time limit. You may be on this island for a long time during its course. You can bring people to the island. You do this by appearing to them during their past. Use the wheel provided to temporarily access the outside world. Once you touch them they will be drawn to the island - I [destiny] will handle this. Candidates may die. When they do - they can be claimed (if the bodies are not buried) and used to influence the outcome of the game. Feel free to take charge of bodies on the island and interract with other people in order to manipulate their choices and secure your triumph. You may need to move around the playing field quickly. To do this, you have the ability to appear as a pillar of smoke. One side will be black smoke, one side will be white smoke. Note: For redundant candidates that do not fit the criteria you may find it easier to remove them from game (death) while in your smoke form. You are very powerful in this form. While in your smoke form you have the ability to look into the soul, the spiritual core of an individual, access their memories etc. It is down to you to judge and analyse their past and decide whether they are suitable as a candidate. Once a candidate is deemed unacceptable they can either be simply left to live on the island [the others] or killed and removed from the game. You are not bound to emotion while the game is in progress, your sole goal is to win and leave the island. You are seemingly invincible. You can withstand physical damage. You can not kill the other player. You are able to choose one advisor to assist you throughout this battle. You are able to grant this individual long life, as I said, this game may take a while. You can not pass through your enemy's ash. These are the ashes of a claimed person from the opposite team. These will repel you. Try not to get trapped in a cabin surrounded by ash, you will become furious over time and most likely say 'Help Me [escape]' in a deep voice! If you trap your opponent you have more time to find a candidate yourself and win the game. Your only chance is to hope someone passes through the ash so you can claim them and escape. *NOTE: Suicide or being killed by one of your claimed 'pieces' (suicide by proxy) is not mentioned, but it is very unlikely. Do not look for loopholes that may encourage such an occurence. (Ben claimed by Jacob via the Spring, can kill Jacob because Ben = Jacob)* Note: You may be searching for a suitable candidate for a very long time. It is likely that one of you may grow tired of playing. This is unacceptable. The game must end. Please do not attempt to find loopholes to leave the island early. And do not attempt to recruit the remaining inhabitants of the island (previous unsuitable candidates) and leave. This is a game of faith, my time travelling wheel and the supernatural abilites of the island are all spiritual. Good luck. The game has begun. Few random notes: PROTIP: Bring some scientists to the island that are working with time travel. They may have something to teach you. MIB brings Dharma to the island to try and break free from the game using science. (Science vs Faith theme) Jacob and his appointed advisor, Richard, does not like this. Dharma must be removed. Ben was claimed by Jacob when he was shot as a child. Richard (instructed by Jacob) passes on the task to purge Dharma to Ben... and it is done. Dharma sonic fences = Science Ring of ash = Faith Both perform the same tasks, keeping the smoke out. Just using different methods. MIB gets closer to understanding the real rules of the game by using Dharma to investigate 1) time travel and 2) repelling smoke forms. How else would Dharma know exactly how to keep the smoke out? Someone obviously intervened and gave them a clue.
interesting read. where was this originally from? i would like to read more, thanks.

I still the "rules" are the computer program of the Cerberus security system. Remember the blast door map with the CV or "Cerberus Vents", "primary nexus of Cerberus related activity", "a mouse does not rely on just one hole".

Jacob isn't a "phoenix", he was always part of Cerberus. His avatar was killed, and presumably the MIB-side of the split personality took over full control of the entity. But there could still be some sort of glitching and side effects allowing Jacob to appear and interact, represented by a boy. Or there could be two Cerberus entities now thanks to all the time-meddling.

I don't know why MIB needs "recruit a candidate" to "go home". My best current guess is the frozen donkey wheel. Perhaps MIB wants to return to the far future to where he was originally built, but Cerberus cannot make the wheel work to make the island time travel. If we assume the appearance of Christian Sheppard at the donkey wheel was Cerberus, and he stated he could not turn it, that could be confirmation of this. Maybe Cerberus needs to find a human that will turn it for him using some combination to land exactly at the correct point in the future.

From Lostpedia:OceanicAlive8 – Reyes15 – Ford16 – Jarrah23 – Shepard42 – Kwon (Jin or Sun? Both?)313 – Littleton (Claire? Aaron?)8 - ReyesDead195 – Pace4 – LockeOthers10 – Mattingley317 – Cunningham117 – Linus (Roger? Emily? Ben?)55 ? – BurkeDharma??? – Goodspeed (Horace? Olivia? Ethan?)134 ? – ChangFrench Team? – LacombeFreighter171 ? – StraumeUS Army233 – JonesUndetermined222 – O’Toole291 – Domingo346 – GrantPartial33 – XW?20 – Rouf…62 – …?90 – Tr(oup?)…? – …ersen285 – Jen…49 – …chan30 – …la195 – …??? – Reyno(lds?)27? – …?1? – Sullivan…? – …zki
Update list of names and numbers from Lostpedia237 AGUILAR?119 ALMILDA?115 Bargas?56 Burke2?? Carlyle175 COSTA317 CUNNINGHAM?291 DOMINGO701? Faraday15 FORDGarner64 GoldsteinGOODSPEED396 Grant62 Inman16 JARRAH233 Jones42 KWON140 Lewis313 LITTLETON4 LOCKE301 Mars10 MATTINGLY71 NADIA or NADINE222 OTOOLE195 Pace8 REYES20 Roup31 Rutherford23 SHEPHARD11 StraumeSULLIVAN90 TROUPE

I still the "rules" are the computer program of the Cerberus security system. Remember the blast door map with the CV or "Cerberus Vents", "primary nexus of Cerberus related activity", "a mouse does not rely on just one hole".Jacob isn't a "phoenix", he was always part of Cerberus. His avatar was killed, and presumably the MIB-side of the split personality took over full control of the entity. But there could still be some sort of glitching and side effects allowing Jacob to appear and interact, represented by a boy. Or there could be two Cerberus entities now thanks to all the time-meddling.I don't know why MIB needs "recruit a candidate" to "go home". My best current guess is the frozen donkey wheel. Perhaps MIB wants to return to the far future to where he was originally built, but Cerberus cannot make the wheel work to make the island time travel. If we assume the appearance of Christian Sheppard at the donkey wheel was Cerberus, and he stated he could not turn it, that could be confirmation of this. Maybe Cerberus needs to find a human that will turn it for him using some combination to land exactly at the correct point in the future.
Of all the people in this thread who I think might be disappointed with the ending of this show, I think you might be the most disappointed.I admire you going out on a limb and sticking to it though.

It's game day and nothing?
this season has just been that bad.honestly I looked forward to every episode last season... now it is to the point where I completely hate the direction they've taken this thing, don't feel like i'm going to get anything resembling a satisfactory outcome (i hope i'm wrong), and the worst part... i'm not really that entertained.I'm going to go ahead and watch because i'm pot committed to see the outcome of all of this... but honestly i may watch it live.. i may just DVR it.. but no matter what i'm not really that excited at this point.

I just read that Stephen King has a cameo on “Lost” this season (possibly even this episode). Ties into the whole Tulpa Theory and Book Club.

This whole line of thought seems to be getting steam.

-Ben and Widmore = The Duke Brothers

-John Locke = Eddie Murphy

-Jack Sheppard = Dan Aykroyd

-Kate = Jamie Lee Curtis (without the extra chromosome and penis).

Makes a lot of sense when you really think about it.

Whoa

Other work

Aykroyd (right) on the set of The Great Outdoors, 1987

Concurrent with his work in Saturday Night Live, Aykroyd played the role of Purvis Bickle, lift operator at the fictitious office block 99 Sumach Street in the CBC Television series Coming Up Rosie.

After leaving Saturday Night Live, Aykroyd starred in a number of mainly comedy films, with uneven results both commercially and artistically. When starting out in the film industry Aykroyd would star with his old friend Belushi in three films, The Blues Brothers, Neighbors and 1941. One of his best-received performances was as a blueblood-turned-wretch in the 1983 comic drama Trading Places; a notable flop was in the earlier 1941 (director Steven Spielberg received the brunt of the criticism, but Aykroyd's performance as an Army Sergeant was either played straight or completely manic).

Aykroyd originally wrote the role of Dr. Peter Venkman in Ghostbusters (1984) with John Belushi in mind, but rewrote the part for another famous SNL player, Bill Murray, after Belushi died. Aykroyd used to joke that the green ghoul (who would later come to be known as "Slimer" in the animated series and was credited as such in the second film) was "the ghost of John Belushi", based on the similar party animal personality. Ghostbusters became a huge success for Aykroyd as a co-creator, co-writer, and one of the lead actors; the film's inspiration came from Aykroyd's fascination with parapsychology.

Aykroyd participated in the recording of "We are the World" in 1985.

Aykroyd was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for 1989's Driving Miss Daisy.

His directorial debut was 1991's Nothing but Trouble. It starred Demi Moore, Chevy Chase, John Candy and Aykroyd himself, sporting an oddly phallic prosthetic nose. The film was a critical and box office flop. Other efforts in the 1990s, including Exit To Eden, Blues Brothers 2000, and Getting Away with Murder, were also poorly received. He also made an uncredited appearance in the Michael Moore film, Canadian Bacon as a motorcycle cop.

In 1997, Aykroyd starred in a short-lived sitcom on ABC called Soul Man. The show lasted one season. In the 2000s, Aykroyd's film appearances have tended to be small character parts in big-budget productions, such as a signals analyst in Pearl Harbor and a neurologist in 50 First Dates. In 2001 Aykroyd starred in the Woody Allen film, The Curse of the Jade Scorpion.

In February 2007 Aykroyd revealed that he would be providing voice-acting for a Ghostbusters III CGI project, although he stated that it would not happen until next year.[8] He also, along with Harold Ramis, wrote and appeared in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, which also featured Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, William Atherton, and Brian Doyle-Murray.

It was John Belushi who discovered the band Fear and brought them to Cherokee Studios to record songs for the soundtrack of Neighbors, a film he and Aykroyd were starring in. Music producing partners Steve Cropper and Bruce Robb (producer) remember recording the band's music, but nobody knows exactly what happened with the final soundtrack, which was ultimately replaced in the film by a traditional movie score.

On the 2008 release of fellow Ottawa born blues musician JW-Jones' album Bluelisted, Aykroyd wrote the liner notes.

In 2009, Aykroyd contributed a series of reminiscences on his upbringing in Canada for a charity album titled "Dan Aykroyd's Canada".

On June 14, 2009, GameStop called people who pre-ordered Ghostbusters: The Video game using Aykroyd's voice telling them to come to the launch event at 10pm.

Most recently, Dan Aykroyd and Chevy Chase guest starred in the Family Guy episode Spies Reminiscent of Us.

In 2010, Ackroyd is rumored to have a special guest spot on the ABC Mega-Series Lost. He will play the brother of a dentist who, pre-crash, was in direct competition with Tallie dentist Bernard.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2010, Ackroyd is rumored to have a special guest spot on the ABC Mega-Series Lost. He will play the brother of a dentist who, pre-crash, was in direct competition with Tallie dentist Bernard.
now if they can get more dentistry involved... i'd be a lot more interested.

I still the "rules" are the computer program of the Cerberus security system. Remember the blast door map with the CV or "Cerberus Vents", "primary nexus of Cerberus related activity", "a mouse does not rely on just one hole".Jacob isn't a "phoenix", he was always part of Cerberus. His avatar was killed, and presumably the MIB-side of the split personality took over full control of the entity. But there could still be some sort of glitching and side effects allowing Jacob to appear and interact, represented by a boy. Or there could be two Cerberus entities now thanks to all the time-meddling.I don't know why MIB needs "recruit a candidate" to "go home". My best current guess is the frozen donkey wheel. Perhaps MIB wants to return to the far future to where he was originally built, but Cerberus cannot make the wheel work to make the island time travel. If we assume the appearance of Christian Sheppard at the donkey wheel was Cerberus, and he stated he could not turn it, that could be confirmation of this. Maybe Cerberus needs to find a human that will turn it for him using some combination to land exactly at the correct point in the future.
Of all the people in this thread who I think might be disappointed with the ending of this show, I think you might be the most disappointed.I admire you going out on a limb and sticking to it though.
That (kaa) theory on the show just blew my mind, honestly. I hadn't considered anything along those lines.

It's game day and nothing?
this season has just been that bad.honestly I looked forward to every episode last season... now it is to the point where I completely hate the direction they've taken this thing, don't feel like i'm going to get anything resembling a satisfactory outcome (i hope i'm wrong), and the worst part... i'm not really that entertained.I'm going to go ahead and watch because i'm pot committed to see the outcome of all of this... but honestly i may watch it live.. i may just DVR it.. but no matter what i'm not really that excited at this point.
I think it will pick up steam. It's nice to a get some answers. I realize that with answers come more questions but the show can't go on forever. I consider myself a pretty big fan but not to the point that I let every unanswered question bother me.I think this season has been pretty good minus the "What Kate Does" episode....

This season will decide if Lost is one of the greatest shows of all time or one of the worst. I'm still hoping for greatest, and the reveals so far this year give me a little hope, but I understand the skepticism.

I've wondered for a long time what the last episode could possibly look like to meet the fans' expectations. A huge pile of revelations? A big action finish? It seems like there will have to be some kind of long, drawn out happy (I assume) ending where you get to see what all of the survivors do now that everything's better. It feels like we should know all of the major stuff by then but I don't really know how they can make people happy, even if they do a two hour episode.

This season will decide if Lost is one of the greatest shows of all time or one of the worst. I'm still hoping for greatest, and the reveals so far this year give me a little hope, but I understand the skepticism. I've wondered for a long time what the last episode could possibly look like to meet the fans' expectations. A huge pile of revelations? A big action finish? It seems like there will have to be some kind of long, drawn out happy (I assume) ending where you get to see what all of the survivors do now that everything's better. It feels like we should know all of the major stuff by then but I don't really know how they can make people happy, even if they do a two hour episode.
:no: I have often wondered how I even want the show to end so that I'd know if I were satisfied if that ending happened... but honestly I have no clue what they are going to do with it.I kind of wish i hadn't started watching this show though because I feel like the odds of getting pretty disappointed are fairly high.

This season will decide if Lost is one of the greatest shows of all time or one of the worst. I'm still hoping for greatest, and the reveals so far this year give me a little hope, but I understand the skepticism. I've wondered for a long time what the last episode could possibly look like to meet the fans' expectations. A huge pile of revelations? A big action finish? It seems like there will have to be some kind of long, drawn out happy (I assume) ending where you get to see what all of the survivors do now that everything's better. It feels like we should know all of the major stuff by then but I don't really know how they can make people happy, even if they do a two hour episode.
:banned: I have often wondered how I even want the show to end so that I'd know if I were satisfied if that ending happened... but honestly I have no clue what they are going to do with it.I kind of wish i hadn't started watching this show though because I feel like the odds of getting pretty disappointed are fairly high.
I have no f'n clue what to expect, or what I will deem satisfying. I just have trust in the writers (they haven't really let us down so far) that they'll deliver.

:lmao: I have often wondered how I even want the show to end so that I'd know if I were satisfied if that ending happened... but honestly I have no clue what they are going to do with it.I kind of wish i hadn't started watching this show though because I feel like the odds of getting pretty disappointed are fairly high.
I have no f'n clue what to expect, or what I will deem satisfying. I just have trust in the writers (they haven't really let us down so far) that they'll deliver.
Even if they end up disappointing us, the ride was worth it. Seriously, this is one of the better shows around and I'm glad I got back into it (thank you netflix!).

Funny reading the concerns over potential disappointment.

I was on that train seasons ago. And I got harassed by Levin, FCL, and Bugs - and most those guys are long gone from this thread. Bugs isn't even posting that often.

It's really true. This show was built on the premise of "how will it end?" more than any show I can think of. Everything is riding on the answers they provide and how they resolve this mess. I think they've made things way too complicated and have generated anticipation around way too many threads in the story to satisfy people and have the show be remembered as one of the greatest ever. Season Five, in my opinion, was a disaster. The Dharma stuff was lame, the mainland stuff was boring, and the time-travel was over the top. More questions were created than answered and the believability started to unravel. Based on the greatness of the previous seasons I was excited for every episode, and I guess I still enjoy watching, but I think the writers lost control last season and many of the answers now feel tacked on and desperate. It doesn't feel to me like they had this mapped out all along. It feels like they're stretching things and were tangled up when they wrote this season.

My only real complain from this season is that the alternate timeline seems to be unnecessary and worse...boring as hell. I keep thinking they have a plan for it, but then I remember all the horribly boring timewastes that were the Jin and Sun backstory, and then I'm not so sure.

I just wished they focused on what people wanted to see, and that's the stuff surrounding the island and the people on it.

Users who are viewing this thread