What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

Can't say that I'm surprised if this news turned out to be true. I may be one of the few fans of this show who like the character but the actor in question is a mess in real life. I can see a situation where SPOILER SPECULATION......................Jack is put in a situation where he somehow has to make a life or death choice between Kate and Ana and/or Ana gives her life to save him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the link I posted may be NSFW, Ill just paste the text with the name whited out.

Aardball please delete your quote on my previous post.

Michelle Rodriguez is Done

Due to constant diva-like behavior, US Weekly claims the producers of Lost are killing off Michelle Rodriguez's character, Ana-Lucia Cortez, as soon as they have the opportunity. Rodriguez is also facing legal troubles and is due in a Honolulu court next month on suspicion of drunk driving on December 1, her second such arrest in the last two years.

The producers are fed up with the fact that she barely shows up on the set and is always in a bad mood," Us Weekly quoted an "insider" as saying. "They said she was getting killed off as soon as they could write it in."

Spoiler Speculation

It would be cool if Anna Lucia determines Libby is with the Others and Libby kills Anna Lucia to keep her own secret.

Can't say that I'm surprised if this news turned out to be true. I may be one of the few fans of this show who like the character but the actor in question is a mess in real life. I can see a situation where

SPOILER SPECULATION

Edit came to late for me. Now I hope Farve plays another 5 years crushing any hope of the Packers winning anything but 4 games a year. :wall:

Can't say that I'm surprised if this news turned out to be true. I may be one of the few fans of this show who like the character but the actor in question is a mess in real life. I can see a situation where

SPOILER SPECULATION

Edit came to late for me. Now I hope Farve plays another 5 years crushing any hope of the Packers winning anything but 4 games a year. :wall:
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

I was reading some posts on another forum and realized that essentially all of the main characters have had some kind of issue with their father. It seems like this could be a theme, especially considering that episode 11 from season 1 was "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues", but Im not sure what it could mean.

Locke - stole kidney

Saywer - killed mother, self

Jack - professional conflict/jealosy; childhood put-downs

Kate - she killed biological father

Walt/Michael - obvious

Charlie - seems like dad never supported him; there could also be some kind of incident we dont know about yet

Eko - grew up without a father

Hurley - something happened to his father

Jin - essentially disowned his father; made up with him but that resulted in issues between Jin and Sun's father

Aaron - father didnt want him and [obviously] isnt around

Sun - he seems to be controlling, but has only really only affected her through Jin

Sayid - ???

Claire - ???

Ana Lucia - ???

Libby - ???

I was reading some posts on another forum and realized that essentially all of the main characters have had some kind of issue with their father. It seems like this could be a theme, especially considering that episode 11 from season 1 was "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues", but Im not sure what it could mean.
Freud would have lots to say here.

Since the link I posted may be NSFW, Ill just paste the text with the name whited out.

Due to constant diva-like behavior, US Weekly claims the producers of Lost are killing off Michelle Rodriguez's character, Ana-Lucia Cortez, as soon as they have the opportunity. Rodriguez is also facing legal troubles and is due in a Honolulu court next month on suspicion of drunk driving on December 1, her second such arrest in the last two years.

The producers are fed up with the fact that she barely shows up on the set and is always in a bad mood," Us Weekly quoted an "insider" as saying. "They said she was getting killed off as soon as they could write it in."
Good thing you whited out the person's name so I wouldn't be able to figure out who it was who had the highly publicized drunk driving arrest in Honolulu in December. Well, I guess it could be one of two people.

Boy a lot of you people are going to be pissed... So the next two weeks are new and then repeats again until March...

Episode 2.13: The Long Con (Airdate: February 8, 2006)

Episode 2.14: One Of Them (Airdate: February 15, 2006)

Episode 2.15: Maternity Leave (Airdate: Spring 2006)

Big, huge, huge stuff coming up with Claire and the baby. She has a flashback ep coming up, and in it, Aaron is going to take a turn. Claire is going to start remembering. She's going to go places.

You will be learning more about Claire, her baby, AND Danielle in the coming weeks.

Dosen't this sort of prove that they are making this crap up as they go along? If they had the plot laid out for the next year or so they wouldn't just write someone out on a lark. This crap is turning into a soap opera. Yes I'll still watch. :bag:

Dosen't this sort of prove that they are making this crap up as they go along? If they had the plot laid out for the next year or so they wouldn't just write someone out on a lark. This crap is turning into a soap opera.
Of course they write the stuff as they go along. I'm completely baffled why you people continue to act like you don't know how television works.

Dosen't this sort of prove that they are making this crap up as they go along?  If they had the plot laid out for the next year or so they wouldn't just write someone out on a lark.  This crap is turning into a soap opera. 
Of course they write the stuff as they go along. I'm completely baffled why you people continue to act like you don't know how television works.
I'm slightly shuked. I just thought they would at least have this season planned out - guess not.

Dosen't this sort of prove that they are making this crap up as they go along?  If they had the plot laid out for the next year or so they wouldn't just write someone out on a lark.  This crap is turning into a soap opera. 
I'm slightly shuked. I just thought they would at least have this season planned out - guess not.
Sure, they have a general idea of what they want to cover. That doesn't mean they've written the scripts.

Oh, this season? I figured this season was already all taped. I thought we were talking about maybe next season.

Sure, they have a general idea of what they want to cover. That doesn't mean they've written the scripts.
:goodposting: They have said lots of different things from having enough story line to go 5, 6, or 7+ seasons to it was supposed to last just 2 seasons.

I am not sure if Shuke agrees with this or not, but just because a fringe character is killed off when they might not have been doesn't change the overall story. When a show is concieved, at least one like Lost, there is an end game and probably a rough timeline of big events, but the characters that show up, die, fall in love, become the leads, etc. all can change season to season based on how the show is doing and the fan base.

This still doesn't change the overall story line, but since the individual scripts for all the seasons aren't written back when the Pilot is green-lighted, the writers could fill in whatever fluff they want on the way to the series finale.

Edit to Add: Imagine if the original thought was to kill off Jack while he saved Sawyer and have Sawyer save everyone at the end. Do you really think that it is that hard for the writers to change it to Sawyer dying to save Jack and then Jack leading the rest to safety? The end result is the same, the survivors get off the island, but we see Jack looking at the island while sailing away instead of Sawyer. We as fans would never know that that wasn't the plan all along.

According to interviews included in the show's companion book The Lost Chronicles:

The original plan was to kill off Jack in Season One, at the end of the first two hours (aka the two-hour pilot episode). It took quite a bit of arm-twisting to convince the show's creator that Jack was necessary to the show's overall success and that he should live at least a little longer.

Other tidbits from The Lost Chronicles:

- The character of "Hurley" was originally going to be a middle-aged redneck. Producers were discussing who to cast in the role as they watched an episode of Curb Your Enthusuasm and saw this Hurley appearing as a pot dealer. They changed their thinking immediately and he was cast soon afterward.

- The character of "Kate" was originally going to be a housewife who was on the plane with her husband. The producers fell in love with Evangeline Lilly the minute she auditioned for the part, and began quickly rewriting her character to include more intrigue.

According to interviews included in the show's companion book The Lost Chronicles:

The original plan was to kill off Jack in Season One, at the end of the first two hours (aka the two-hour pilot episode). It took quite a bit of arm-twisting to convince the show's creator that Jack was necessary to the show's overall success and that he should live at least a little longer.
This makes no sense to me. If there is one character that is needed on the show, it is Jack. I can't imagine the show working as well without a doctor on the island.

This makes no sense to me. If there is one character that is needed on the show, it is Jack. I can't imagine the show working as well without a doctor on the island.
The original Jack was to be much older, and not one of the central character.

Jack was to be the central character of the pilot episode...and die at the end so all the viewers would :eek: and :shock: and :excited: and :confused: . The idea was to demonstrate how totally unpredictable the show would be for the remaining survivors. The idea was overruled when the ABC head honchos decided killing the supposed "main character" would be too out of the norm of what viewers expect from a TV show.In essence, they agreed that he was the one character the show needed.

Jack was to be the central character of the pilot episode...and die at the end so all the viewers would :eek: and :shock: and :excited: and :confused: . The idea was to demonstrate how totally unpredictable the show would be for the remaining survivors. The idea was overruled when the ABC head honchos decided killing the supposed "main character" would be too out of the norm of what viewers expect from a TV show.In essence, they agreed that he was the one character the show needed.
The important thing is that this was already decided before the Pilot episode was even written and filmed. People point to the Jack thing sometimes as how the writers are making it up as they go along, but this was decided, like Hurley and Kate, when they were casting and starting to write episodes. It wasn't done on a whim after they got the ratings numbers in.Think about it, well into Season 2, we have only lost 2 characters from the original cast. Guys like Arrzt (sp?) and even Anna can get killed without issue. Boone and Shannon were peripheral folks that were chosen since somebody we know has to die at some point.

Also, even with the tailies, we were told that they were coming early in Season 1 if we paid attention. Rose mentioning her husband still being alive and the drug plane had to get closure at some point. All this tells me that the writers do have long term storylines and the stuff that they "make up" is just what happens day to day on the island.

What was the book from season 1 about the rabbits that go to war or something that Lost may or may not be based on?

The Episode title "One of Them," Locke?

Bump for tonight's new episode...

The Long Con

A failed kidnapping-attempt injures Sun, leading the survivors to wonder whether the Others have returned; Sawyer watches with amusement as tensions flare among Jack, Locke, Kate and Ana Lucia.

[QUOTE=']Boy a lot of you people are going to be pissed... So the next two weeks are new and then repeats again until March...

[/QUOTE] :angry: :hot: :rant: :hot: :rant: :hot: :angry:

[QUOTE=']Boy a lot of you people are going to be pissed...  So the next two weeks are new and then repeats again until March...

:angry: :hot: :rant: :hot: :rant: :hot: :angry:
[/QUOTE] :rant: i spent the last two weeks watching all 12 episodes to catch up, and now there is gonna be a break :rant:

broncofan13000 said:
(HULK) said:
[QUOTE=']Boy a lot of you people are going to be pissed... So the next two weeks are new and then repeats again until March...

:rant: i spent the last two weeks watching all 12 episodes to catch up, and now there is gonna be a break :rant:
[/QUOTE]The Olympics are airing on NBC. The networks are not interested in airing against that. They'll program around it. Look for a strong push for May sweeps though, as they haven't been able to cash in like they would for Feb sweeps.

saintfool said:
broncofan13000 said:
(HULK) said:

:rant: i spent the last two weeks watching all 12 episodes to catch up, and now there is gonna be a break :rant:
The Olympics are airing on NBC. The networks are not interested in airing against that. They'll program around it. Look for a strong push for May sweeps though, as they haven't been able to cash in like they would for Feb sweeps.
[/QUOTE] :goodposting:

"Hurley" was interviewd this morning on a local radio station. He said "watch the restauranrt tonight." He said this at least twice. So, be sure to watch the restaurant scene(s) tonight. :tinfoilhat:

Users who are viewing this thread