What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (1 Viewer)

I do not think the medicine was ultimately locked or moved into the room with the guns. Jack's reaction to the question posed by Locke was strong enough to make me think he resisted the idea.
whoa, too much over analysis on the pills.Here's what happened in a nutshell:1) Locke suggested jack lock up the pills2) Jack asks why?4) Jack digs through sawyers tent5) Sawyer confronts Jack, demands pills back or there will be trouble6) Jack walks away with pills8) Sawyer, after claiming the guns, returns pills to JackLets fill in blanks with what was implied on the show.3) Locke made that suggestion because he knew Sawyer had pills... how else does Jack know where to look?7) Sawyer was alone in the hatch while Locke was hiding guns... plent of time to walk into safe and reclaim pills.So in conclusion, bring back Gabrielle.

I do not think the medicine was ultimately locked or moved into the room with the guns. Jack's reaction to the question posed by Locke was strong enough to make me think he resisted the idea.
whoa, too much over analysis on the pills.Here's what happened in a nutshell:

1) Locke suggested jack lock up the pills

2) Jack asks why?

4) Jack digs through sawyers tent

5) Sawyer confronts Jack, demands pills back or there will be trouble

6) Jack walks away with pills

8) Sawyer, after claiming the guns, returns pills to Jack

Lets fill in blanks with what was implied on the show.

3) Locke made that suggestion because he knew Sawyer had pills... how else does Jack know where to look?

7) Sawyer was alone in the hatch while Locke was hiding guns... plent of time to walk into safe and reclaim pills.

So in conclusion, bring back Gabrielle.
Gabrielle = Mandy from the first season of 24.

2) Jack asks why?

3) Locke made that suggestion because he knew Sawyer had pills... how else does Jack know where to look?

7) Sawyer was alone in the hatch while Locke was hiding guns... plent of time to walk into safe and reclaim pills.

He gives Jack the pills after Jack discovers the guns have been moved. He only emerges from the jungle with machine gun. Yes, bring back Gabrielle.

OR...I could be reaching here....Sawyer let Jack *think* he took his pills from him, just like he did countless times before w/ his cons.
Exactly.Jack did take a bottle of pills from his tent, but they were planted fakes by Sawyer knowing Jack would come looking for them.

He made Jack believe he was able to take them from Sawyer, and then at the end of the episode show Sawyer throwing the "real pills" at Jack letting him know he got conned from the start and he didn't need to hold onto them anymore cuz he's in control now and can get at the pills whenever he wants now.
Or, he could have just got them out of the opened safe the same way he got the statues for Charlie?
:lmao: Exactly.

Jack should never have taken Sawyer's bottle of Nice Guy pills. They were the only antidote to counteract Evil Sawyer. He went all of one day without his meds and look what happened.

2) Jack asks why?

He gives Jack the pills after Jack discovers the guns have been moved. He only emerges from the jungle with machine gun. Yes, bring back Gabrielle.
Gabrielle????

Oh, is Gabrielle the hottie Italian from a couple Ep's ago?
They should have a spin-off that just features her. in that new show, she could read the phone book aloud and i'd still get wood. she was so pretty it hurt.

Found some interesting tidbits on another Lost message board. This quote is mainly a description of next week's episode, not what I would consider much of a real spoiler.

From spoilerfix.com 01/30 - "When Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the “Others.” Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breech of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone. Guest starring are Lindsey Ginter as Sgt. Austen, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Marc Casabani as Tariq, Theo Rossi as Sgt. Buccelli, Clancy Brown as Joe Inman, Thomas Meharey as U.S. soldier no. 1 and Kamari Borden as U.S. soldier no. 2. Source: ABC "

If you google the actor Michael Emerson, he is clearly the guy in the trap. His character name is Henry Gale.

OK, now my comment. I agree, the guy does look like the guy in the trap and Sgt. Austen is Kate's dad, so he is somehow connected to Sayid. I wonder what Hurley did that Sawyer could blackmail him for, maybe him being in a mental institution? Does Libby say something? Actually this may be the answer to why Hurley hasn't lost weight which the writers/producers mentioned we will find out why.

Also, in the preview he had an arrow in his arm, so possibly he was running away from the Others, not an Other, unless Rousseau shot him with the arrow or it was part of the booby trap.
There was also the following two links, which could mean nothing, but I can't figure out why the clock counting down to 0 in last night's preview at the end doesn't look like the one we have been seeing:Preview

Old Screenshot

I was wrong before, this weeks episode is Sayid specific and the one sometime in the Spring (after the few week hiatus) is Claire specific I am assuming with a title of Maternity Leave. I wonder if Rousseau coming back next week will lead into the Claire episode and how Claire really got kidnapped and escaped.

There was also the following two links, which could mean nothing, but I can't figure out why the clock counting down to 0 in last night's preview at the end doesn't look like the one we have been seeing:

Preview

Old Screenshot

I was wrong before, this weeks episode is Sayid specific and the one sometime in the Spring (after the few week hiatus) is Claire specific I am assuming with a title of Maternity Leave. I wonder if Rousseau coming back next week will lead into the Claire episode and how Claire really got kidnapped and escaped.
Excellent catch.Dream sequence?

Different timer somewhere else?

There was also the following two links, which could mean nothing, but I can't figure out why the clock counting down to 0 in last night's preview at the end doesn't look like the one we have been seeing:

Preview

Old Screenshot

Excellent catch.Dream sequence?

Different timer somewhere else?
:shrug: I just saw it and figured you guys might be interested. I don't think it means anything and we will know in a week anyway. The writers/producers did say that we will find out what happens when the clock runs down, so I am pretty sure they aren't going to screw us over that much.

The spoiler part is much more interesting to me.

The Hurley getting blackmailed by Sawyer thing and who the guy that got trapped actually is. Also, I saw something on Libby where in a podcast one of the show guys said that Libby will have a backstory episode in Season 2 and that we find out she is a ********** **** and there were speculations of "compulsive liar" and "television star." I thought the second one was a bit interesting, maybe how Hurley thought he knew her, i.e. she had nothing to do with the mental institution. The only thing is that flies in the face of her saying she was a psychologist/psychiatrist and she obviously did knowing something medical when she set that guy's broken leg.

Sawyer had the lines of the night:

To Kate: You vs Sun, hot oil death match, my moneys on you, Sheena.

Referred to Sun as "Tokyo Rose"

To the group: Theres a new sherrif in town, boys. Yall best get used to it!

:lmao: :lmao:

BTW, The "manuscript" Hurley was reading was titled "Bad Twin" by Gary Troup. Heres a little more info:
Gary Troup = PurgatoryLost writers to us: :pokey:

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Hurley blackmail thing... I'd lay strong odds that he has his own private food stash.  He probably distributed most of it, but kept 10% or so hidden somewhere
I agree.
In those podcasts (from the show folks) they have already said that we find out why Hurley is not losing weight, so that is the only thing I can think of as to a secret he would have. He already told Charlie about his wealth, so couldn't use that to blackmail him and to be honest the institution thing could easily be explained by him as depression or something. At this point on the island no one would care about that. Based on everything we know about him, it has to be something he has done on the island and connecting the dots, it makes sense.

Found some interesting tidbits on another Lost message board. This quote is mainly a description of next week's episode, not what I would consider much of a real spoiler.

From spoilerfix.com 01/30 - "When Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the “Others.” Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breech of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone. Guest starring are Lindsey Ginter as Sgt. Austen, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Marc Casabani as Tariq, Theo Rossi as Sgt. Buccelli, Clancy Brown as Joe Inman, Thomas Meharey as U.S. soldier no. 1 and Kamari Borden as U.S. soldier no. 2. Source: ABC "

If you google the actor Michael Emerson, he is clearly the guy in the trap. His character name is Henry Gale.

OK, now my comment. I agree, the guy does look like the guy in the trap and Sgt. Austen is Kate's dad, so he is somehow connected to Sayid. I wonder what Hurley did that Sawyer could blackmail him for, maybe him being in a mental institution? Does Libby say something? Actually this may be the answer to why Hurley hasn't lost weight which the writers/producers mentioned we will find out why.

Also, in the preview he had an arrow in his arm, so possibly he was running away from the Others, not an Other, unless Rousseau shot him with the arrow or it was part of the booby trap.
There was also the following two links, which could mean nothing, but I can't figure out why the clock counting down to 0 in last night's preview at the end doesn't look like the one we have been seeing:Preview

Old Screenshot

Those are just the first 3 numbers on the timer. The seconds haven't ticked off yet?

I'm starting to doubt we will really see all zeros next week.

"A tiger never changes its stripes" :lmao:

I thought Locke was smarter then that, conned easily. :lmao:
I lost a lot of respect for Locke after the way he treated Charlie. I guess it's ok for him to believe in fate and nobody else, especially when he's on a mission to tap Claire. Nice to see him get :own3d: Sawyer is a bad ### and I'd be as pissed as he was at Jack and Locke's psuedo-dictatorship they've set up - especially after taking my drugs. ;)

Old Screenshot

Those are just the first 3 numbers on the timer. The seconds haven't ticked off yet?

I'm starting to doubt we will really see all zeros next week.
Again, while I think that there is nothing here. If you look at the preview, there are bars between all three numbers and in the old screenshot, there don't appear to be any bars except the one in between the minute counter and the seconds counter, but the seconds one is white.If this isn't a mistake or some other timer in the same room, I am wondering if the preview timer is in another bunker, i.e. could it be that there is a corresponding timer that actually shows somebody else what the timer is in the hatch? Maybe our survivors will think that nothing happened, but someone else will actually be affected?

didn't the last scene with Charlie look a little Star Wars esque? With the hood and the dark backdrop

Sawyer had the lines of the night:

To Kate: You vs Sun, hot oil death match, my moneys on you, Sheena.

Referred to Sun as "Tokyo Rose"

To the group: Theres a new sherrif in town, boys. Yall best get used to it!

:lmao:   :lmao:

BTW, The "manuscript" Hurley was reading was titled "Bad Twin" by Gary Troup. Heres a little more info:
Gary Troup = PurgatoryLost writers to us: :pokey:

:lmao:
:goodposting: Absolutely. Those guys know how much the Lost fans analyze the show. They did it with the washer/dryer where Libby said something like "so this washer is newer than everything else in here" and last night Hurley also said "or maybe another time...just kidding."

I actually think it is pretty cool that they throw out little bones like that just to show that they are having fun with all of the discussion that goes on about their show. I can't think of any other television show in the past that ever had this much discussion about every minute detail about the show. It is one thing to have a water cooler discussion about how funny Seinfeld or Cheers was or what happened on 24, but this show has spawned something completely different.

That does get my hopes up that there may be more "interesting" TV shows in the future.

didn't the last scene with Charlie look a little Star Wars esque? With the hood and the dark backdrop
Kind of like the Annakin, going to the darkside look? Hadn't thought of that, but you are correct. Would that make Sawyer the emporer?

Kind of like the Annakin, going to the darkside look? Hadn't thought of that, but you are correct. Would that make Sawyer the emporer?
nah, just another prop to star wars from the producers

Those are 2 different counters. The "0" is quite different from one counter to the next. Whether they did this on purpose is yet to be seen but those are 2 different counters.

:nerd:
Wow, I was literally just going to post how similar the characters of Sawyer and Anakin are. :eek: My guess is that Sawyer uses the guns to con the Others and earn his redemption like Vader.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Hurley blackmail thing... I'd lay strong odds that he has his own private food stash. He probably distributed most of it, but kept 10% or so hidden somewhere
I agree.
In those podcasts (from the show folks) they have already said that we find out why Hurley is not losing weight, so that is the only thing I can think of as to a secret he would have. He already told Charlie about his wealth, so couldn't use that to blackmail him and to be honest the institution thing could easily be explained by him as depression or something. At this point on the island no one would care about that. Based on everything we know about him, it has to be something he has done on the island and connecting the dots, it makes sense.
I've seen a photograph confirming this.

I enjoyed last night's episode but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out Sawyer's involvement in the "kidnapping."

He's hid the guns so he's too confident that the kidnapping was staged. And he had to have an accomplice to know where the guns were when Locke hid them. So the accomplice ruins his alibi of being with kate when the kidnapping took affect. And he's the only one that benefited from the kidnapping.

Also, when Sawyer falls asleep, I would have still overpowered him and tied him up. Let him rot in the sun. He may not tell where the guns are but he's not going to stroll around camp like king poop.

for the record, there is no way there would be any pain pills left after 50 some odd days on that island.

hell, if i had them on that crazy ### island they wouldn't last 2 days much less 50

but, i might not be a good judge on this b/c if i had them they wouldn't last 2 days in my office

:bag:

I enjoyed last night's episode but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out Sawyer's involvement in the "kidnapping."

He's hid the guns so he's too confident that the kidnapping was staged. And he had to have an accomplice to know where the guns were when Locke hid them. So the accomplice ruins his alibi of being with kate when the kidnapping took affect. And he's the only one that benefited from the kidnapping.

Also, when Sawyer falls asleep, I would have still overpowered him and tied him up. Let him rot in the sun. He may not tell where the guns are but he's not going to stroll around camp like king poop.
I'm sure people have their suspicions, but since he's not the only one that didn't want to go to war with the Others they won't be able to single him out. Sure, you could kill Sawyer but it's not very smart with the Others out there. I also think the survivors know Sawyer well enough to figure out he's not the type to try to be some type of tyrant.

I don't get why people are saying "bad Sawyer" and that sort of nonsense. I've been annoyed with Jack for all of this season and most of last. He has control issues. He's a pouty kid that knows a good trick (that whole doctor thing) and thinks he should make all the decisions. There's a fine line between being a leader and a tyrant and Jack has turned into a tyrant. His will rules. See the fact that he made a pact w/ John re: guns and only feels inclined to think about it when he realizes that John broke the pact even though Jack was hell-bent on doing that first.

So... I'm no Sawyer, but I can lead or I can follow. But I don't take much crap from my leaders. That's the way I saw Sawyer here. He's been fine with someone else leading the deal but once it started turning into a Jack Is Right mentality, he bucked the system.

Charlie? Yeah. He's got issues, but I see where he's coming from too (assuming he isn't using, which I don't think he is).

I don't get why people are saying "bad Sawyer" and that sort of nonsense. I've been annoyed with Jack for all of this season and most of last. He has control issues. He's a pouty kid that knows a good trick (that whole doctor thing) and thinks he should make all the decisions. There's a fine line between being a leader and a tyrant and Jack has turned into a tyrant. His will rules. See the fact that he made a pact w/ John re: guns and only feels inclined to think about it when he realizes that John broke the pact even though Jack was hell-bent on doing that first.

So... I'm no Sawyer, but I can lead or I can follow. But I don't take much crap from my leaders. That's the way I saw Sawyer here. He's been fine with someone else leading the deal but once it started turning into a Jack Is Right mentality, he bucked the system.

Charlie? Yeah. He's got issues, but I see where he's coming from too (assuming he isn't using, which I don't think he is).
I see Sawyer as the pouty kid in this situation, although Jack definitely has control issues.This show suffers from Star Trek Away Team Syndrome to begin with, so the Leadership issue is overshadowed for me by the fact that the other 30-odd survivors don't seem to care about the timer, the others, the guns, or anything at all in particular.

FWIW: Guns or no guns, if I'm on that island Sawyer dies in his sleep after pulling his Sheriff shtick out.

I thought Locke went through the books right after they first took over the Hatch.

So, I think he hid the guns behind the book shelves and was putting the books back.

Then pretended to be going through the books when he got caught putting them back.

Anyway I think Locke and Sawyer are in it together. They both want access to the guns and not Jack. They have to move the guns to keep them away from Jack. Maybe Locke balks so, Sawyer tells him I'll take care of jack, you move the guns and I'll tell Jack I stole them. You are off the hook and Jack has no guns,But, we do.

I thought Locke went through the books right after they first took over the Hatch.

So, I think he hid the guns behind the book shelves and was putting the books back.

Then pretended to be going through the books when he got caught putting them back.
So Locke was hiding the guns before he decided to hide the guns?Locke was going through the books. Sawyer walked in and told him Jack was coming. Locke decided to hide the guns [not just change the combo]. Sawyer stays in the hatch while Locke goes somewhere to hide guns.

So Locke was hiding the guns before he decided to hide the guns?Locke was going through the books. Sawyer walked in and told him Jack was coming. Locke decided to hide the guns [not just change the combo]. Sawyer stays in the hatch while Locke goes somewhere to hide guns.
Sorry, I forgot that it was Sawyer that saw Locke w/books.Maybe Locke was thinking of hiding the guns there before Sawyer came and shared his plan w/Sawyer. Then Sawyer took the heat.

I just seem to remember Locke going through the books right after they took over the Hatch. Maybe he found a room behind the bookcase.

Sorry, I forgot that it was Sawyer that saw Locke w/books.Maybe Locke was thinking of hiding the guns there before Sawyer came and shared his plan w/Sawyer. Then Sawyer took the heat.

I just seem to remember Locke going through the books right after they took over the Hatch. Maybe he found a room behind the bookcase.
I really dont see how all those guns, some of which are pretty large, are going to fit behind some books. There's a wall there and I dont think Locke has the tools to make holes in it. How exactly do you think he was hiding them?

I really dont see how all those guns, some of which are pretty large, are going to fit behind some books. There's a wall there and I dont think Locke has the tools to make holes in it. How exactly do you think he was hiding them?
In the room he might have found

In the room he might have found
I somehow missed that on the first read.If we're just going to make things up to support our far-fetched theories, Im done with the conversation.

nah, just another prop to star wars from the producers
:unsure: I hope you realize I was joking about Sawyer being the emporer...I just agree that they really did make Charlie look like Annakin with the hood and the dark face.

A little late to the game but I agree that this was a really good episode. Ana Lucia's comment about how everyone felt "safe" was the springboard to everything that soon followed. She was thinking about that in terms of The Others but the writers used it as a basis to show that there are still battles to be waged internally as well. Basically, what we saw was Saywer all healed up and prepared to spring a con that would lead to an overthrow in power. Sawyer has no desire to lead but he clearly isn't interesting in following. So now he's in a position of strength and if he can take a jab at Jack in the process that's just double the pleasure.

Among the other things I like:

The tension between Kate and Jack continues to be played at a very real pace. I like that they seem to be drifting apart and now Kate is essentially left with one man angry with her and another having conned her. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts to both going forward.

Ana Lucia and Kate's tension. That really needs to be settled in a cage match. With both of them all oiled up. And naked. :yes:

Sayid back in the game. I've been saying this for the past few episodes but having Sayid in mourning, while entirely logical, left a hole in the series. He's a strong character and he brings an interesting dynamic so it's good that Hurley lured him out of his funk and it would appear that next week all of the issues he has bottled up inside over Shannon's death may very well manifest themselves during his "interrogation" of the prisoner.

I'm glad the clock will finally strike 0 inside the hatch. That's a plot development that needs to have a resolution rather than being strung along. I'm interested to see what actually will happen if it's not reset.

Again, this was a great episode. It furthered the storyline in strong faction, returned the edge to Sawyer's character and set up more internal conflicts that have always been at the heart of the show. Great stuff. :thumbup:

Great episode with Sawyer!

Locke was at one with the island, but in the last 2 episodes he's changed character and been made to look like a ####

Character Reviews

Jack - Agree with others than he is becoming a tyrant. It's either Jacks way or no way. Jack needs to lose his halo and his next back story needs to show where he's been BAD.

Kate - If they have another back story on her, it had better be GOOD. She's becoming boring quick smart.

Sawyer - He's keeping himself amused by being a #### to everyone. Entertaining, smart and always good for a laugh.

Sayid - Mr Invisible lately. Wonder what they've got in store for him. I think they need to keep him good, rather than turn him bad

Charlie - I like his turn to the dark side. I've always felt he's got the eyes of a bad guy. Needs to keep embarrasing Locke, but in subtle ways.

Locke - I actually like the change in character. He was becoming a know it all, now the flaws are beginning to show. Still the most interesting character there.

Hurley - I don't think they'll ever play the love story out except for laughs. Need to explore his dark side if his character is to be more rounded

Claire - Who cares?

Jin - Don't really know where they can go with him until he starts talking English

Sun - I think this charcter has potential if they can just find some way of mining it.

Michael - Wonder when we'll see him again

Walt - Will they recast?

Ana Lucia - If they keep her around there is a lot they can do, but with off screen behavior a rumored concern you have to wonder. Her desire for guns is sending out major alarm bells. Wonder what her next back story will say.

Libby - Don't know what they plan for her, but it better be interesting. Right now she is little more than an extra

Rose & Bernard - Wonder what they have in store for Bernard being announced as a Dentist, what is her occupation?

Mr Eko - I hope they focus more on him, the actor seems to be great and he holds a lot of keys. Some great dialog scenes could be written with him and Locke, but it needs to be great and nor corny.

I hope they keep Ana Lucia around. She adds a different dimension to the female characters & it could (probably gonna) get real interesting between her & Kate. The other females are just boring.

Did I mention she is hot as hell. :P

About the Hurley blackmail thing... I'd lay strong odds that he has his own private food stash.  He probably distributed most of it, but kept 10% or so hidden somewhere
I agree.
If you could link this picture, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

I agree.
If you could link this picture, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
:( Sorry. I wouldn't know where to find it again. It was online, possibly part of the link to the interview with Jorge Garcia (the actor playing Hurley). I can describe it for you, though, since we're whiting this all out:

Hurley was packing his face with a handful of potato chips and din't appear ready to stop until he'd reached the bottom of the family-sized bag. It also looked like this was inside the Dharma station.

:downthehatch:

I'm glad the clock will finally strike 0 inside the hatch. That's a plot development that needs to have a resolution rather than being strung along. I'm interested to see what actually will happen if it's not reset.
FYI, it has been shown that the clock shown in the preview is different from the real clock, which leads to the thought that it might be a dream.

FYI, it has been shown that the clock shown in the preview is different from the real clock, which leads to the thought that it might be a dream.
Thanks for the clarification. Well now I guess we have to see how this gets played out. Haven't the writers confirmed they will address the clock striking 0 at some point this season? I'm not looking for a spoiler, just thought I read that somewhere.

Just throwing **** against the wall and seeing what sticks... I don't think that the clock counting down to zero is going to be the actual timer in the hatch. But, there has been speculation in the past that the island and the Dharma project is some sort of magnetic force or something along those lines. What if letting the numbers expire ignites this magnetic force attracting more people to the island? Maybe that is what happened to get the plane to crash.

Users who are viewing this thread