What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL MNF THREAD** (2 Viewers)

wow.. how about chad johnson housh and henry.. or fitzgerald boldin and johnson.. roy williams calvin johnson and mcdonald and wayne harrison and anyone..
Forgot about Henry. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose. That's definitely another hit. Boldin/Fitz/Johnson is one that I think is really comparable. I think Walker is as good in the red zone as Fitz, but better everywhere else. I think that Marshall is like a poor man's Anquan Boldin, because they're two of the most dangerous receivers in the league with the ball in their hands. I think that Stokley blows Johnson out of the water, though.I don't like the Detroit trio (I think Williams is very overrated, Calvin is awesome but still a rookie, and McDonald is a nobody), and Harrison/Wayne/Anyone isn't a trio, it's an amazing duo.
Mcdonald might be the best slot wr aka 3rd wr in the league.. I have watched a lot of detroit games and dude is always open being covered by the nickel back.. and harrison wayne anyone in their three wideout packages is better thats why I listed them.. I think you have a homers view of the arizona comparison fitzgerald is a stud.. hes younger and better then walker, boldin is tons better then marshal at least at this point in their careers and johnson is only slightly above average as a third receiver but when matched with boldin and fitz becomes one of the best trios..

I hate the NFL's approach to calling an incompletion when a players arm or hand hit the ground prior to bringing the ball back to the body. Those are excellent catches that the NFL could feature in highlites. Instead the very talented plays are simply called incomplete. A stupid rule. Scaife caught the ball, the ball did not hit the ground.

Awesome play by Scaife that might or might not have been a catch (I think it probably was, but I don't think there was slam-dunk visual evidence like the announcers seem to believe).
Agreed, but thats the point of auto review in the last two min. Vince looking good. And now I need a miracle to win this week with Tenn D doing nothing :(

LOL. I've been waiting for that to happen all year.

Nice TO Mike.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Myyyyyyyyy Bironas making Shanny pay. :(
I actually like the "timeout just before the snap" move for drama and cheek, but these kickers are all professionals. I doubt it really has any impact at all... but it's not like you can carry those timeouts into the second half, anyway.

anyone else notice the Broncos running a 3-4? I don't think I've seen that since Wade Phillips was in town...

Marshall is worthless with Cutler at QB. He doesn't even look Marshall's way. It is Stokley, Stokley, Stokley.
Marshall was 4th in the league in targets coming into this game with 90 (10 a game), behind only Larry Fitzgerald, Derrick Mason, and Chris "why are they still throwing to me?" Chambers.
When you don't catch the ball consistently you start getting fewer looks.
57% of Marshall's targets get converted into receptions. That's not elite, but it's certainly very good, especially for a second-year player.
That is pretty good. Maybe I'm over-reacting to a game that isn't more than 25% done. However, Stokley has 5 targets already. Marshall has zero.
Okay, not over reacting. 2 quarters down and not a single target. Cutler has around 7-8 targets.

Myyyyyyyyy Bironas making Shanny pay. :(
I actually like the "timeout just before the snap" move for drama and cheek, but these kickers are all professionals. I doubt it really has any impact at all... but it's not like you can carry those timeouts into the second half, anyway.
I think the shark move is to not call the timeout. The PK has got to be anticipating the TO in the back of his mind.

Two observations:

1. The WR are killing the Titans, but not nearly as much as...

2. Haynesworth being absent. :(

If they had Haynesworth and Pacman, this is a top-3 D in the league.

Myyyyyyyyy Bironas making Shanny pay. :goodposting:
I think the shark move is to not call the timeout. The PK has got to be anticipating the TO in the back of his mind.
See I agree. These guys are professionals. Thinking about the kick isn't going to make them nervous--this isn't high school. But going out there and having to hurry and kick the ball (knowing there could be a TO) makes not calling the TO the right play.

how could they not review that? looked good to me. i am rooting for DEN too...
TOTAL catch. I have NO idea why the Titans rushed that next play.
I thought it was a catch, but none of the replays showed a clear view of his arm being underneath the ball.
I thought it was quite clear that his splayed hand/finger where "palming" the ball and under the ball. I can't BELIEVE they didn't at least review it.They'll get an apology for it on Wednesday. A little too late.

Myyyyyyyyy Bironas making Shanny pay. :thumbup:
I'd have my D players stand up a second or two before the snap and hold their arms up, as if to call a time-out, but keep the hands 6+ inches away from eachother. Surely a K would notice that as he's anticipating the snap.

Marshall is worthless with Cutler at QB. He doesn't even look Marshall's way. It is Stokley, Stokley, Stokley.
Marshall was 4th in the league in targets coming into this game with 90 (10 a game), behind only Larry Fitzgerald, Derrick Mason, and Chris "why are they still throwing to me?" Chambers.
When you don't catch the ball consistently you start getting fewer looks.
57% of Marshall's targets get converted into receptions. That's not elite, but it's certainly very good, especially for a second-year player.
That is pretty good. Maybe I'm over-reacting to a game that isn't more than 25% done. However, Stokley has 5 targets already. Marshall has zero.
Okay, not over reacting. 2 quarters down and not a single target. Cutler has around 7-8 targets.
Marshall had 18 targets two weeks ago and 9 targets last week. He wasn't involved much in the first half last week, either. Yeah, you're overreacting. Titans haven't been able to stop Stokley, so the Broncos haven't stopped throwing to him. They'll roll coverage eventually and Marshall will get his... and even if he doesn't, he's still the most consistent WR in the league. NOBODY scores 7+ fantasy points EVERY week.Marshall got the carry, remember. Denver hasn't forgotten about him. He's still part of the gameplan.
In ***hole world, Shanahan ranks just below Belichick.
Because he ices the kicker, or for some other reason?

And the second play of the second half is a pass towards Brandon Marshall...

Edit: And the third play of the second half is another pass towards Brandon Marshall.

And another pass to Brandon Marshall. Seven plays, four of them passes... all four of which went to Marshall.

Aaaaaaaaaand another pass to Marshall. Man, it's like they're just doing it to pile on EdwardCat at this point.

Edit: This Cutler kid is going to be very, very good. The dude is absolutely money on the most money down.

It really amazes me how many balls those Tenn receivers drop. I realize Vince makes poor throws, but he has done a decent job tonight.

EDIT: As I submit, Scaife had one hit him in the face.

selvins injury serious, or will he be back tonight?
He walked off without a limp, but he was hurting...They haven't reported anything yet.
Broncos | S. Young injured Week 11Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:22:40 -0800Denver Broncos RB Selvin Young (leg) left the team's Week 11 game with an apparent leg injury. He was able to walk off the field under his own power.
we all saw it we know whats going on .. we just need to know if hes coming back in.,.

Users who are viewing this thread