What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (3 Viewers)

Last night's episode was some of the best comedy on TV in a while.

Phil: Kids, I don't want you to worry, I'm going to be all rightDaughters: We know Dad.Phil: No, no we don't know. Something could go horribly wrong.
:confused:

This is my favorite show on TV right now (Philadelphia looks great, but I haven't gotten into yet, so I'm not claiming MF is better).

Julie Bowen has been the #1 on my "Free Three" list since the days of Ed. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking she got a little enhanced lately, and me likey-likey.

My favorite show on TV

the interactions between the cast is great and very smart writing

Phil "they say you can be part of the solution or part of the problem, I like to think I can be part of both"

Julie Bowen :yes:
Did you see her in this week's episode? :eek: And to think she's the second-most attractive lead on the show...
She's leapfrogged Al Bundy's wife by a wide margin lately. Last night's show with the coat caught in the escalator didn't hurt her cause one bit either. If there was an Emmy category for 'Hottest Friggin Actress Currently on a Sitcom' she'd definitely get a nomination. :goodposting:

Julie Bowen :wub:
Did you see her in this week's episode? :eek: And to think she's the second-most attractive lead on the show...
She's leapfrogged Al Bundy's wife by a wide margin lately. Last night's show with the coat caught in the escalator didn't hurt her cause one bit either. If there was an Emmy category for 'Hottest Friggin Actress Currently on a Sitcom' she'd definitely get a nomination. :goodposting:
:thumbup: Smoking hot. I'll echo everyone above..the writing on this show is brilliant.

This is my new favorite sitcom.

I love how Phil has a thing for Jay's (Ed O'neill) wife.
Phil might be is my favorite character on tv right now.
This show kills me, especially the parts with Phil - consistent laughs from him.
Agreed...and when the show started he was the one I knew the least about and was not sure of.Started watching it for Julie Bowen and the redheaded guy is hilarious (was in "the Class" which was very short lived but excellent).

But Phil has stolen the show at times.

All around very good casting though.

This show kills me, especially the parts with Phil - consistent laughs from him.
Agreed...and when the show started he was the one I knew the least about and was not sure of.Started watching it for Julie Bowen and the redheaded guy is hilarious (was in "the Class" which was very short lived but excellent).But Phil has stolen the show at times.All around very good casting though.
That's one of the things that is putting this show in my current top 3... there aren't any real weak characters.I started out thinking that the gay couple would be the funniest part. Now I think they are the least funny, even though they are still good. Started out thinking Phil was the worst, but now think he's one of the best parts, especially after his kidney stone experiences ("I'm feeling better now... OH GOD, IT'S CANCER!"). And one of the more impressive parts is that the kids are funny without being completely annoying. That's something that is seemingly hard to do, considering how many sitcoms fail miserably at it.

And one of the more impressive parts is that the kids are funny without being completely annoying. That's something that is seemingly hard to do, considering how many sitcoms fail miserably at it.
manny has been the most consistently funny characters on the show. he rules!

This show is hilarious. The Valentine's day episode was awesome, but just baout all of them are. The father (Phil) is so awesome on so many levels.

Top 5 show easily on television right now - I think it will hold up well over time as well. Thursday nights are huge - also a big, big fan of Parks & Rec. Ron "#### - in" Swanson and Tom Haverford are great characters.

SaveFerrisB said:
And one of the more impressive parts is that the kids are funny without being completely annoying. That's something that is seemingly hard to do, considering how many sitcoms fail miserably at it.
manny has been the most consistently funny characters on the show. he rules!
Manny pouring mineral water into a scotch glass was :hophead: . I completely lost it when his description of that girl's other suitor included "he can do a pull-up." Had to roll back the DVR a little after that one.
:hophead: Great call - He just walked over there and starts pouring his drink like he knows what's up.

Just watched the "moon landing" episode for the second time. So many laugh-out-loud parts. Everything coming together perfectly for Minnie Driver's visit to the house. Manny whispering about his mother's driving. "She's a danger to us all."

"If you're gonna be stranded, it might as well be in a place full of cupcakes."

"Say anything." "Newspaper."

Amazing writing. Not only are there too many great and funny lines to recite but the way they tie the whole show together with themes is amazing. It just gets better and better.

Amazing writing. Not only are there too many great and funny lines to recite but the way they tie the whole show together with themes is amazing. It just gets better and better.
Yeah just an incredible show. Amazing debut seasons from Modern Family and Community both.

Cam & Mitchell are absolutely brilliant.
:thumbup: As I mentioned before, Phil is a show-stealer for me. But lately, I've really been warming up to Cam and Mitchell. Lots of :loco: moments from Cam especially in the last few weeks.

Julie Bowen > Sofia Vergara.

She was once on Stern. Talked about what, uh, she likes to do. Let's just say she, uh, likes it, uh, back there.

Someone mentioned he liked the daughters. I feel dirty when I watch them.

wow. the two daughters are actually 20 (the older daughter) and 21 (the younger daughter). i do not feel as dirty suddenly.

wow. the two daughters are actually 20 (the older daughter) and 21 (the younger daughter). i do not feel as dirty suddenly.
So the older daughter is younger than the younger daughter?
I remember on the show 8 Simple Rules the older daughter, who was playing a 16 year old, was 18, while the younger daughter, who was playing a 14 year old, was 25.I think Homer had a coronary.

This show isn't getting enough praise. Very well written and the cast doesn't have a weak spot. I'm wearing out my DVR remote rewind button watching Sofia and Julie.

Nice guest appearance by Edward Norton a few episodes back.

This show isn't getting enough praise. Very well written and the cast doesn't have a weak spot. I'm wearing out my DVR remote rewind button watching Sofia and Julie.
Another great episode last night with Phil's birthday. The writing on this show is tremendous and I still want to motorboat the heck out of Sofia Vergara's bags.

Another great episode last night with Phil's birthday. The writing on this show is tremendous and I still want to motorboat the heck out of Sofia Vergara's bags.
I think this show is the funniest sitcom on TV right now (better than the office).

:blackdot: on all 3 points. I'd like to castle her queen....I mean... sex. I want to have sex with her.

Jayrok said:
I like the feisty Colombian... "Eeeeeef I loooose, I'll burrrrrn deeeees house down!"

Sometimes Phil is over the top... Manny and Cameron are the funny ones on this show. And all the women are hot.
Feeeeeeeexed.

Users who are viewing this thread