What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (2 Viewers)

Jayrok said:
I like the feisty Colombian... "If I lose, I'll burn this house down!" Sometimes Phil is over the top... Manny and Cameron are the funny ones on this show. And all the women are hot.
If you're a married guy in his 30s who is slowly facing the realization that he's no longer cool (if he ever was), that he'll never be cool again, and that from here on out he's just gonna get less and less cool ... Phil is hilarious. And kinda painful.

Jayrok said:
I like the feisty Colombian... "If I lose, I'll burn this house down!" Sometimes Phil is over the top... Manny and Cameron are the funny ones on this show. And all the women are hot.
If you're a married guy in his 30s who is slowly facing the realization that he's no longer cool (if he ever was), that he'll never be cool again, and that from here on out he's just gonna get less and less cool ... Phil is hilarious. And kinda painful.
I kinda of agree with this, however, I don't think Phil realizes this yet. That's what makes him funny. We, the audience realize it, but Phil is oblivious.

Phil's my favorite but I nearly fell out of my chair when Mitchell declared he wanted to be a tough guy, able to defend Lilly, and then threw three of the gayest looking air punches possible.

Phil's my favorite but I nearly fell out of my chair when Mitchell declared he wanted to be a tough guy, able to defend Lilly, and then threw three of the gayest looking air punches possible.
Him screaming "Go to sleep" was :thumbup:

where does this season rank all-time vs. other sitcoms' first seasons? I can't think of a better rookie season. Think 2001 Albert Pujols or 1939 Ted Williams.

where does this season rank all-time vs. other sitcoms' first seasons? I can't think of a better rookie season. Think 2001 Albert Pujols or 1939 Ted Williams.
I like Modern Family, but I'm not willing to put it in the same league as the first seasons of Arrested Development or the British Office.

I like Modern Family, but I'm not willing to put it in the same league as the first seasons of Arrested Development or the British Office.
I'd put Cheers up there. The schtick started to get old, but the first year was classic.Love Modern Family. My wife finds the gay guys funny, I get to look at some Sofia Vergara, and I get to relate to Phil.

This show is hilarious. It just keeps getting stronger. There really isn't a weak character on the show. Even the guest stars have been money. I wouldn't be shocked if they won the Emmy this year.

You just knew that Cam was going to slay on the drums. The bit where he started off slow and terrible then switched the drumsticks to "the other hand" was gold.

Fred Willard as a bit character is a perfect fit for this show as well.

You just knew that Cam was going to slay on the drums. The bit where he started off slow and terrible then switched the drumsticks to "the other hand" was gold. Fred Willard as a bit character is a perfect fit for this show as well.
"Dude, you should really label those sticks."

When the son burst through the screen door, "what just happened?"....I lost it.

In terms of recent debut seasons for sitcoms....I'm a big fan of Big Bang Theory, but Modern Family has been the best I can remember.

I am actually digging Community just as much, if not more - close call.

Solid episode last night.

"But the lavendar ranch is something two men are mean't to do together."

"I ordered an extra long straw so I wouldn't accidentally do a sit up."

"Score...we have an iron."

Best sitcom on TV right now. Great episode last night and seeing Gloria in a bikini didn't hurt at all.

Haley: "Does this happen every time you drink?"

Claire: "Yes."

(Claire's set looked rather nice too.....)

Last edited by a moderator:
:whitefreakincorner:

don't know how I missed the thread for my current favorite comedy on TV.

I've seen the Arrested Development comparisons (here and other places) and I agree.

VERY well written, quirky, documentary-style family comedy.

the hole left by AD is being patched by a few shows like this one, 30 Rock and It's Always Sunny.

why doesn't ABC have an on-demand channel? most of the big cable networks have one, CBS has one, NBC has one...WTF ABC?! I want to catch all the episodes of this show from the beginning.

why doesn't ABC have an on-demand channel? most of the big cable networks have one, CBS has one, NBC has one...WTF ABC?! I want to catch all the episodes of this show from the beginning.
True story: The first time I watched this show was On Demand.

I thought that one of the advantages of marrying an older guy was that I was going to be able to relax. But all the swimming and running and rowing... it's just like how some of my relatives got into this country.

Solid episode last night."But the lavendar ranch is something two men are mean't to do together.""I ordered an extra long straw so I wouldn't accidentally do a sit up.""Score...we have an iron."
The writing on this show is phenomenal. There's usually at least one line that gets me each week. Last nights was by Phil: "Why do parents eat their young? Is it because they're delicious? NO..." I was laughing too loud to catch the rest of what he said...Oh, and gimme Claire over Gloria. She'd pe perfect if she didn't have that huge pertruding vein in her neck.

Wife and I did a three minute tivo-aided "real or fake" breakdown. We concluded definitely fake.

It's entirely possible that last night's episode was the single best episode of a sitcom since Arrested Development went off the air. Grand slam. They even had a little bit of a sentimental moment at the end for us softies ... and then, in a moment of impressive self-awareness, lightened the mood of that a little bit with a ukelele version of Eye of the Tiger.

say what now? Time Warner or other?
other.I caught the 2nd episode, and thought it was great, so I checked On Demand for the 1st one, and it was there... in HD.P.S. the big breasted neighbor from the 2nd episode is why I started watching the show - bring her back.

It's entirely possible that last night's episode was the single best episode of a sitcom since Arrested Development went off the air. Grand slam. They even had a little bit of a sentimental moment at the end for us softies ... and then, in a moment of impressive self-awareness, lightened the mood of that a little bit with a ukelele version of Eye of the Tiger.
Funny you mention that... I felt like this week's Community was one of the best sitcom episodes I have ever seen. Not a bad week for the rookie TV shows.

say what now? Time Warner or other?
other.I caught the 2nd episode, and thought it was great, so I checked On Demand for the 1st one, and it was there... in HD.P.S. the big breasted neighbor from the 2nd episode is why I started watching the show - bring her back.
interesting. I like big breasts and HD. I think I may have to call Time Warner.

I am actually digging Community just as much, if not more - close call.
Wait isn't this the second season ? or was it off the air for like a month before it continued - I missed the first few episodes but finally added it to the DVR a couple months back

Wife and I did a three minute tivo-aided "real or fake" breakdown. We concluded definitely fake.

I wondered at first, then shook it off and decided I didn't want to know. But yes, I agree - fake. Knocks her down a teenie notch in my book because I'm a softee for, and prefer, naturals.As for AD.....I just watched all 3 season's back-to-back on Netflix. First time I'd ever seen the show and I loved it!!

Love this show. They have great one liners and the character's interactions are great.

Loved the Eye of the Tiger last night.

I loathe Phil. I think the actor they got to play his character was poorly cast. But besides him I love this show. Especially the fat gay guy. He needs more screen time - cracks me up every time.

I loathe Phil. I think the actor they got to play his character was poorly cast. But besides him I love this show. Especially the fat gay guy. He needs more screen time - cracks me up every time.
Phil was one of the few I did not know before the show...and he is great and incredibly well cast.

On a recent flight I watched the first two episodes of this series for the second time. Phil is hilarious in the first episode because he's so clueless. He thinks he's the cool Dad because he knows all the songs from High School Musical and common texting terms. LOL= Laugh Out Loud. WTF = Why the face? :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread