What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL NEP VS BUF (-7) o46.5 - MNF Thread *** (2 Viewers)

So good to see their best player isnt involved, at all.

Also, now Moss scores TDs all of a sudden? He last scored in week 9. 
They're on pace for forty points. He's been targeted once. Belichick always schemes away their best players. 

Is this your m.o.? To come in and complain your guy (the best guy!) isn't being used enough? Didn't you try this schtick with Jones/Dillon last night? That held up well. Everyone in the thread was saying "Dillon sucks!" in homage to you.  

Boy, Edmunds got put on skates and was blocked about 15 yards downfield on that run. That dude is so big and looks strong but is routinely washed out of plays.

Hold much?  You can pull a tackler off the QB from behind?
Yeah, holding pretty much doesn’t exist anymore which makes it even more frustrating and arbitrary when once or twice a game they decide to call it 

But that was absurd, like a wrestling move 

So the one position player that isn’t thought to be a pass catcher is the one that actually catches the TD pass.

Announcers saying Allen has 18 pass attempts in this game, and only had 18 for the entire matchup earlier this season.  That game was played in brutally bad weather.

I see why you have made 55k posts, most are trolling.
Sounds about right, don't you think. That people would respond to my posts repeatedly after me just simply trolling 55,000 times sounds about just how message boards work, no? And that no mod has stepped in and banned or the board having run me off sounds right, right? Look, I'm not obsessed with your posts. I notice that there seems to be something wrong with your posts and it's glaring. Like your post in the championship roster thread wherein you claim that your redraft team got deleted and your Christmas orders stopped because you got hacked. It sounds like either you have serious issues, or something about you makes some malicious people want a piece. As the former victim of an absurd hacking, and judging from your posts on this board, I have no reason to doubt you, but think your sense of reality might be a little warped. Your attempts at being cordial sure are. 

Speaking of robbed, Jordan Poyer was robbed of a Pro Bowl spot.
Yes, yes he was.

And I know he hasn’t actually had a lot of punts this year, but Bojorquez deserved it too. He’s booted it high and far when needed, and pinned guys back when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
QBs are so wise to what they need to do to throw it away and not get the intentional grounding call. There would be so many more turnovers and sacks if they changed that rule a bit.  Brady is one of the first I remember leading the charge of throwing it away instead of heaving it up for grabs. 

This really is the wipeout I thought it would be. I'd like to amend my previous Bills prediction for scoring, though. 

Heh. 

It’s the accuracy that continues to be so impressive. It’s like he made it a personal mission to dispel every critic he’s had.
Allen leads the league in on target throw percentage.

Honestly, that’s just crazy. I thought because of his mechanical issues that were causing some of his accuracy issues, he had the ability to make some changes that could improve his accuracy, but I never envisioned something like this.

Allen leads the league in on target throw percentage.

Honestly, that’s just crazy. I thought because of his mechanical issues that were causing some of his accuracy issues, he had the ability to make some changes that could improve his accuracy, but I never envisioned something like this.
It's insane. And usually mechanics are really, really tough to overhaul. Like overhauling a golf swing. It's so rare when somebody is able to do it. 

But one note of caution: Football Perspective (or somebody like it) had a tweet about QB accuracy and guys that had deviated from any sort of normal personal norm. While it can't account for every individual detail or condition that Allen has or overcame, it showed that QBs who increase their completion percentage 10 points above their established baseline eventually regress to the mean. And Josh Allen, going back to high school, has never completed 60 percent of his passes. 

It just left me to think is all. Because right now he surely looks the part of every sort of awesome. 

It's insane. And usually mechanics are really, really tough to overhaul. Like overhauling a golf swing. It's so rare when somebody is able to do it. 

But one note of caution: Football Perspective (or somebody like it) had a tweet about QB accuracy and guys that had deviated from any sort of normal personal norm. While it can't account for every individual detail or condition that Allen has or overcame, it showed that QBs who increase their completion percentage 10 points above their established baseline eventually regress to the mean. And Josh Allen, going back to high school, has never completed 60 percent of his passes. 

It just left me to think is all. Because right now he surely looks the part of every sort of awesome. 
I can almost guarantee it was PFF that tweeted that. They have continued to find everything they can to pick at Allen because they were so over the top with the hatred that they look like fools right now.

The thing is that there are different mechanical issues and some are easier to fix than others. Arm issues are extremely difficult to fix. Footwork is more fixable and was Allen’s big issue. He shortened his base a bit and added a little foot hop that have helped him a ton.

He also had his throwing motion digitally analyzed and realized that he wasn’t firing his hips at all. Like a baseball player who is all arms in their swing. So he’s worked to fire his hips around leading his throwing motion. It’s allowed him to use less arm speed, align his body towards his receiver better, and ultimately throw with more accuracy and touch.

Sure, it could all fall apart, but Jordan Palmer has done amazing work with Allen and Allen works his butt off in the off-season to tweak these things. In high school and college his coaching was terrible and nobody ever worked on any of the higher level QB mechanics stuff with him. So I think there is good reason to believe this could be a legit improvement.

I'm having Vietnam PTSD flashbacks of the last 20 years here.  Just hope the Bills can keep it up for the next 30 minutes.

Still kind of surprising how fast New England’s collapse has been

Reigning Super Bowl champ, 9-0 going into Baltimore last year. Ravens thump them and it’s been off a cliff ever since 

That’s a catch. Bad challenge by BB. You just know he’s all kinds of salty right now. I hope the Bills hang 60 on them.
I like to think it was his son standing there and watching the catch happen right in front of him who convinced Belichick to throw the flag 

Allen is 19/26 with a couple of dropped TDs and a couple of throwaways. Pretty pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread