What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL NEP VS BUF (-7) o46.5 - MNF Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I can almost guarantee it was PFF that tweeted that. They have continued to find everything they can to pick at Allen because they were so over the top with the hatred that they look like fools right now.

The thing is that there are different mechanical issues and some are easier to fix than others. Arm issues are extremely difficult to fix. Footwork is more fixable and was Allen’s big issue. He shortened his base a bit and added a little foot hop that have helped him a ton.

He also had his throwing motion digitally analyzed and realized that he wasn’t firing his hips at all. Like a baseball player who is all arms in their swing. So he’s worked to fire his hips around leading his throwing motion. It’s allowed him to use less arm speed, align his body towards his receiver better, and ultimately throw with more accuracy and touch.

Sure, it could all fall apart, but Jordan Palmer has done amazing work with Allen and Allen works his butt off in the off-season to tweak these things. In high school and college his coaching was terrible and nobody ever worked on any of the higher level QB mechanics stuff with him. So I think there is good reason to believe this could be a legit improvement.
I don't think it was PFF, but it could have been. You had pointed out that they liked Pittsburgh's third string QB better than Allen. That's absurd. You can't be watching games if you think that. Since I follow the Jets, I can also say that PFF also was down on the Jets O-line and notoriously got Sam Monson into a kerfuffle with Joe Douglas about his draft and signings, but Mekhi Becton, when healthy, has been a force and injuries aside, a really good pick. 

I also agree that different body issues take different measures with differing degrees of difficulty in the correction part. Allen very well could have fixed some fixable things and will continue his improvement. There's no real doubt that at least for this year, the proof is in the proverbial pudding.  

And there's Diggs again. That guy beasts. 

I'm having Vietnam PTSD flashbacks of the last 20 years here.  Just hope the Bills can keep it up for the next 30 minutes.
As a neutral observer, any thoughts or flashbacks are definitely experience-based and not in keeping at all with what I'm watching on the field. I'm looking at a really, really good offense that shows no signs of relenting anytime soon.  

And Cam's arm isn't leading anyone back from this deficit. Case in point: They're answering by running the football. 

Refs are awful first it never came close to touching him 2nd where the heck was the running into the fair catch guy should be NE ball at the 35 instead it be NE ball at 5.

Not sure what these refs are doing here. Not sure how that 3rd down play wasn’t DPI and not sure why the refs thought that ball hit a Patriots player.

Bad call.
Not sure why the Bills were throwing the bombs. Getting a bit greedy trying to get it all at once. Just stick with what is working. 

lol at the unintentional "it's just the right size for him" when talking about Josh Allen going to Bar-Bill Tavern.  Bar-Bill has super low ceilings and is super cramped, the kinda place where someone who is 6'5" 240 would be very uncomfortable.  But the wings are great.

Fitzpatrick put up 28 points vs the Bills in September and had one of his best games of the year. He had Parker, Gesicki, and Williams. I don't see how Tua keeps up with Allen, who put up 415 yards and 4 TDs in a 31-28 game that came down to the end. Even if the Miami D plays much better. I expect 34 to 20 for Buffalo. I hope the coaches see the contrast between Tua and Allen, who has set the bar very high. 

The one thing I couldn’t have was a huge game from Diggs.   Take him out now...no mas!!!! Have Bass so the XP actually put me back up

Fitzpatrick put up 28 points vs the Bills in September and had one of his best games of the year. He had Parker, Gesicki, and Williams. I don't see how Tua keeps up with Allen, who put up 415 yards and 4 TDs in a 31-28 game that came down to the end. Even if the Miami D plays much better. I expect 34 to 20 for Buffalo. I hope the coaches see the contrast between Tua and Allen, who has set the bar very high. 
I guess it’s possible the Bills don’t play their starters much given that they’re locked into #2 or #3 and no bye.

Bills are winning by twenty-nine points. Wow. This is an epic beatdown. 

Bills should take next week off and treat it as a bye. Home field means nothing right now other than travel and hotels. But there's likely no crowd factor in the 2-3 game should both teams make it that far. 

Also, doing what Belichick would have done up twenty-nine on fourth-and-one. Try to draw them off.  

I guess it’s possible the Bills don’t play their starters much given that they’re locked into #2 or #3 and no bye.
Good point. It's a 1pm game, so they won't know the ramifications of a win or loss. The division winners don't wanna play the Ravens.

The Bills can afford to take next week off and lose, if Pitt loses to Cle the Bills will still be second seed. And Pitt will likely rest their guys also. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, sure hope Beasley is ok. He’s got 2 weeks to get healthy. He’s such a unique receiver and stresses defenses so much.

Good point. It's a 1pm game, so they won't know the ramifications of a win or loss. The division winners don't wanna play the Ravens.
Honestly, no matter which of the 4 wildcard teams it is, they've all got their drawbacks.  Browns and Ravens could run all over the Bills.  Colts have a veteran QB, solid D, and can run the ball as well.  Miami's defense scares me.  Can't worry about that, can only play who they put in front of you.

Rex Ryan at .480 with 2 playoff appearances I read.
Rex totally outcoached him back in 2010/2011 in a Divisional Playoff Game. Ran a 3-8 and totally had Brady confused. I was in a bar in New England (where I'm from) going absolutely bananas for my team, the Jets. By the end of third, the place was empty. Everything you hear about NE fans is true. They're the most awful frontrunners in the world and they can't stand losing. They're little babies led by their little "it is what is" baby. Jets smoked NE that day. It was worse than the 28-21 score showed. The game was never in doubt. It was a nice win, to put it mildly. 

Rex totally outcoached him back in 2010/2011 in a Divisional Playoff Game. Ran a 3-8 and totally had Brady confused. I was in a bar in New England (where I'm from) going absolutely bananas for my team, the Jets. By the end of third, the place was empty. Everything you hear about NE fans is true. They're the most awful frontrunners in the world and they can't stand losing. They're little babies led by their little "it is what is" baby. Jets smoked NE that day. It was worse than the 28-21 score showed. The game was never in doubt. It was a nice win, to put it mildly. 
I remember that game. 

Yea as a Tampa guy I’ve had my fair share of Boston fans. Completely insufferable at a Rays game, to the point we stopped going when Boston was in town; better at hockey games for some reason. 

I don’t know what it says that the Bucs haven’t made the playoffs in 13 years and NE hasn’t missed them in 18 until Brady switched, but it sure is interesting. I think the Bucs would have still had a chance with a decent QB, but I am fairly certain NE is in the mix if Brady stayed. 

Oh yea as a Tampa guy I’ve had my fair share of Boston fans. Completely insufferable at a Rays game, to the point we stopped going when Boston was in town; better at hockey games for some reason. 

I don’t know what it says that the Bucs haven’t made the playoffs in 13 years and NE hasn’t missed them in 18 until Brady switched, but it sure is interesting. I think the Bucs would have still had a chance with a decent QB, but I am fairly certain NE is in the mix if Brady stayed. 
Unfortunately, I am by region a Red Sox fan. I'm sorry about our entitled fans. They're what the Yankees were back in the aughts. 

Unfortunately, I am by region a Red Sox fan. I'm sorry about our entitled fans. They're what the Yankees were back in the aughts. 
It’s just the loud bro 25 year old backwards hat with the 8 cups of beers stacked up guy. Seems to always find me at those games and as a youngin’ I didn’t care and sometimes even engaged but my wife can’t stand it and I’m past that. 

But hey, couldn’t go this year anyways!

It’s just the loud bro 25 year old backwards hat with the 8 cups of beers stacked up guy. Seems to always find me at those games and as a youngin’ I didn’t care and sometimes even engaged but my wife can’t stand it and I’m past that. 

But hey, couldn’t go this year anyways!
Entirely what I was in my twenties in Baltimore except for the "stacked" part. I was still a relatively thin bro, but well past eight cups then. Just as obnoxious.

As far as your wife is concerned, the most scared I've ever been at a sporting event was at a weekday day game in B'More. I'd taken the day off for SRO seats when the Sox were in town. Two native Baltimorians (and it is a rough city, regardless of skin color, so that's not a coded designation) started fighting with each other with what started out as a play fight turned real. The crowd started getting involved, and somebody said something about Boston. I left right quick and took a walk before that one spun out of control. 

In other words, your wife is right to hate that stuff. It can get dangerous and stupid in a minute. 

I dont care about their pace, as anyone I care about my players and Ill discusss the players I want in the thread of the game. Your obsession with my posts is awesome. You clearly try to troll me.  Not surprised guys on the board that thought Akers was great after one game think Dillon is great after on game. I see why you have made 55k posts, most are trolling.
Both of you drop this completely and keep it 100% on football and not slap fight shots at each other. Sick of having a good thread mucked up with stuff like this. 

Users who are viewing this thread