What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** NFL Draft Thread 2005 (1 Viewer)

I'd assume this ends Ricky's future in Miami. Can Miami trade him? They still hold his rights. Maybe we'll see them trade him today for a late round pick, or more likely he'll just continue to sit out of football.

I'm confused. What "source" would give Sal news that the 49ers are thinking of trading Alex Smith to the Browns? Can't imagine Nolan is too happy about that -- or Alex Smith for that matter.

I'm confused. What "source" would give Sal news that the 49ers are thinking of trading Alex Smith to the Browns? Can't imagine Nolan is too happy about that -- or Alex Smith for that matter.
Same thing I asked.Who does Sal know that would leak this info?

Chicago goes Benson, IMO.CLE is obviously on the phone here...lets hope they get a deal done. I dont really want to see Edwards in CLE.

I've worked as a reporter (although not covering pro sports)... you'll be amazed how easily people will reveal information that is harmful to themselves or their organization. There are people out there who just can not help themselves.

Kiper says that the Browns were the only team without a "star" on offense last year. Did I miss Oakland, Miami, San Francisco and TB's offensive star power?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are seeing a trade being made here. They are using all the time on the clock.

Wouldn't that mean trade?
It at least means that they're talking about possible trades. Doesn't mean there will be one.

Kiper says that the Browns were the only team without a "star" on offense last year.

Did I miss Oakland, Miami, San Francisco and TB's offensive star power?
Oakland - Jerry PorterMiami - ... ummm McMichael

San Fran - Johnson

Tampa - Clayton

Cleveland had nothing near those players even if the term "star" is used loosely for Porter.

Chicago probably breathes a sigh of relief. They don't have to deal with either:a) Passing over Edwardsb) All the negative commentary on Michigan WRs for the next five months

Kiper says that the Browns were the only team without a "star" on offense last year.

Did I miss Oakland, Miami, San Francisco and TB's offensive star power?
Oakland - Jerry PorterMiami - ... ummm McMichael

San Fran - Johnson

Tampa - Clayton

Cleveland had nothing near those players even if the term "star" is used loosely for Porter.
I'd say it's used loosely for all of them, especially Eric Johnson. Jeff Garcia could have been considered a star.

Mike Williams at #4 would surprise me, unless the Bears trade out to Washington or otherwise.If the Bears keep the pick, I think its Benson

For fantasy owners, let's hope the pick is anyone but Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams.
Good point - Thomas Jones is capable. I would be somewhat surprised if they picked a RB. I see them trading down (ARI maybe) or taking a non RB. This will be interesting. :popcorn:

For fantasy owners, let's hope the pick is anyone but Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams.
Is Ronnie Brown the early frontrunner for #1 rookie pick? I don't think Edwards could be ahead of him unless he got traded to a more offensive club.

Is Ronnie Brown the early frontrunner for #1 rookie pick? I don't think Edwards could be ahead of him unless he got traded to a more offensive club.
Lemme find a Drinen link for you,

I think the draft tracker (pick your site - ESPN/CBSSL) should have a countdown clock. This wouldn't be too difficult to administer.

Users who are viewing this thread