What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Panthers/Eagles On FOX Tonight (game thread) (1 Viewer)

Andy Herron

Footballguy
First and foremost, I want to see how Delhomme's arm looks.

Will DeAngelo perform well again? (Is Stewart playing tonight?)

How does Muhammed look in comparison to D.J. Hackett? Who will be no. 2?

After all the rebuilding, is Carolina's defense ready to return to form?

Eagles?

McNabb, of course. Does he look smooth or is he throwing balls in the dirt again?

Buckhalter/Booker. Who's the guy behind Westbrook?

DeSean Jackson. Was a big fan up to the moment the Eagles drafted him (Cowboys fan).

Question marks in the front seven on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
what do I want to see? the steelers bills game instead

1) Looking to see how Mays looks at LB. Iggles LB depth is abysmal. Need to see if the rook has the goods to contribute.

2) ASANTE!!! How's the hammy? Should have him play close to a half tonight, and want to see Asante, Sheldon Brown and Lito in the nickle set.

3) Booker/DJackson and the RETURN teams. Horrible problem that cost the team 1-2 game last year. Seriously, the difference between 8-8 and 10-6 may have been the ***** return game last year.

4) Delhommes arm.

5) McNabb's in pocket mobility, accuracy

6) D. Williams - If he looks good again forget about the Stewart hype for the first few weeks. Maybe.

Hackett isn't playing tonight. Nine injured players didn't make the trip to Philadelphia for tonight's game: receiver Dwayne Jarrett (bruised leg), receiver Steve Smith (concussion), cornerback Ken Lucas (nose), receiver D.J. Hackett (toe), cornerback Chris Gamble (hamstring), tight end Gary Barnidge (gluteal strain), tight end Dante Rosario (hamstring), defensive tackle Ian Scott (knee) and receiver Ryne Robinson (leg).

Hackett isn't playing tonight. Nine injured players didn't make the trip to Philadelphia for tonight's game: receiver Dwayne Jarrett (bruised leg), receiver Steve Smith (concussion), cornerback Ken Lucas (nose), receiver D.J. Hackett (toe), cornerback Chris Gamble (hamstring), tight end Gary Barnidge (gluteal strain), tight end Dante Rosario (hamstring), defensive tackle Ian Scott (knee) and receiver Ryne Robinson (leg).
I assume Steve Smith and Ken Lucas are in Lucas' living room watching the game together tonight.

I want to see Stewart play. Preferably show me something extraordinary. Everyone on this board is so high on the kid, I want to see why tonight.

I'd like to see Delhomme bring some serious heat to a few throws tonight.

I'd like to see Deangelo pick up where he left off in the last game, and get thrown into a dozen+ passing situations to test his blocking ability for the season.

Who among Muhammad/Hackett is going to step up and take the #2 gig.

If McNabb is back to playing like the elite QB he can be.

Would be nice to see Reggie Brown getting some deep balls, maybe there's hope for him yet.

Would like to see Westbrook on the sidelines (owner)

I live in Charlotte and here is what I heard. Stewart is likely to play tonight unless John Fox pulls him out before the game. Also Delhomme and the 1st team might be playing a full quarter instead of just a few minutes. The key thing to watch is the running game from Carolina. If Stewart plays, we need to watch who looks more effective running the ball, him or DeAngelo Williams.

I live in Charlotte too, and it looks like Stewart will play for a couple of series tonight. Looks like Beason unfortunatly will NOT be playing due to his ankle. It's a shame because he has been an animal on the Panther D.

I assume Steve Smith and Ken Lucas are in Lucas' living room watching the game together tonight.
of course
More likely Smith is watching the game, Lucas has locked himself in the bathroom until Smith leaves.For Carolina, I'm looking forward to seeing Stewart play and to a lesser extent how Peppers looks going against a QB with some pocket awareness and a LT that isn't overmatched. Against the colts it looked like Peppers should have been playing on the right side for years.For Philly, I want to see McNabb to DeSean Jackson(I'm assuming Brown is out right?) also I have some interest in seeing more of Kevin Kolb. I'm one of the people who think as long as Reid is coach than McNabb will be his QB, so I think with a good preseason Kolb could maybe be the new Matt Schaub and maybe play his way into a possible trade next offseason.

I'm one of the people who think as long as Reid is coach than McNabb will be his QB, so I think with a good preseason Kolb could maybe be the new Matt Schaub and maybe play his way into a possible trade next offseason.
Followed of course by McNabb's embarrassing dog-fighting scandal.

Add LJ Smith to the list of names to watch. He's playing for a contract this year, and unlike last year when that was also the case, he's not injured (so far).

Personally I want to see how Gaither looks too.

For Carolina: How does the new-look OL play against the first team Eagles D? Especially rookie T Jeff Otah? Hopefully the Eagles throw at least a few blitzes at the OL despite it being a preseason game.

How much heat/accuracy does Jake Delhomme have on his passes? Does he have good chemistry with TE Jeff King? Muhsin Muhammad - does he still have "it" after the three year sojourn in the land of bad QBing (aka. Chicago)?

D - Julius Peppers, as others have mentioned.

For Philly: Donovan McNabb to his receivers - who does he prefer this year? L.J.Smith's play at TE.

Lorenzo Booker - how comfortable in the Philly system does he look in his time on the field?

Defense - who gets to start at CB and who is the nickel back between Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard? - Does Asante Samuel's hammy flare up even worse, does he play close to his peak or does he look slow? DC Jim Johnson said on the 12th Samuel needs to get some playing time under his belt after missing a good portion of training camp and spring workouts. "Hopefully, he's going to be ready to go Thursday night. We're going to play him quite a bit,".

Really CC...all I ever hear is that he is still having lingering effects, and that he might be ready for the opener...DWill looked really good last week, maybe that motivates him some to get out there.

I want to see a couple of things tonight. I am interested who is going to be the RB2 in Philly...I really though Booker, but it seems Buckhalter is playing better at the moment.

I want to see the Carolina passing game, and I have not seen the Cajunman, back form his TommyJohn surgery.

I want to see an OL in Carolina that moves people off the point of attack.

I want to see LJ Smith back 100%

Should be a fun game in the 1st half.

Sleeper alert. Jason Carter, WR, Carolina.
:confused: should have mentioned this in my post - he's getting a lot of ink in the Observer and from Steve Reed out of Gastonia - evidently been impressive in TC
heard on SiriusNFL today that he is looking ok, but its mostly due to how poorly Jarret et al are playing. They said somethign to the effect of it all being relative. No link, but it was during the first hour of Moving the Chains

;) should have mentioned this in my post - he's getting a lot of ink in the Observer and from Steve Reed out of Gastonia - evidently been impressive in TC
heard on SiriusNFL today that he is looking ok, but its mostly due to how poorly Jarret et al are playing. They said somethign to the effect of it all being relative. No link, but it was during the first hour of Moving the Chains
Thx - hopefully Carter is on the field with Samuels/Sheppard (the Eagles' first team D) and we can get a gauge of his ability vs. starting NFL DBs

:confused: should have mentioned this in my post - he's getting a lot of ink in the Observer and from Steve Reed out of Gastonia - evidently been impressive in TC
Thx - hopefully Carter is on the field with Samuels/Sheppard (the Eagles' first team D) and we can get a gauge of his ability vs. starting NFL DBs
agreed. somebody has to be the #2 WR while smith is out, right? And as solid as i think MM is, he's getting a little old to be counted on.ETA; i meant counting on MM as #2 once Smith comes back

Nine injured Carolina players didn't make the trip to Philadelphia for tonight's game due to injury: receiver Dwayne Jarrett, receiver Steve Smith, cornerback Ken Lucas, receiver D.J. Hackett, cornerback Chris Gamble, tight end Gary Barnidge, tight end Dante Rosario, defensive tackle Ian Scott and receiver Ryne Robinson.
I'm interested in the Panther DE battle opposite Peppers. All three of them, Brayton, McClover, and Johnson should be turned loose and highly motivated.

I want to see the Carolina passing game, and I have not seen the Cajunman, back form his TommyJohn surgery.
Several WR's are out tonight, but Moose will be in. I hope Jason Carter gets to play with the first team some. I imagine Travis Taylor will probably get some playing time with the first team.

agreed. somebody has to be the #2 WR while smith is out, right? And as solid as i think MM is, he's getting a little old to be counted on.ETA; i meant counting on MM as #2 once Smith comes back
Hackett is supposed to start in Smith's place while he is out. Hopefully Hackett's toe will be ok soon. He was having a great camp before he hurt it. When Smith is back, either Hackett or Moose will be the #2.

Done for night, according to sideline report.

DJackson with a nice comeback route for the 1st down on 3rd and 4. Maybe he just had his door open up a little wider. Either he or Hank Basket.

maybe i just never noticed before, but has donovan always had such "happy feet" in the pocket?

he almost looked like he was running in place on the overthrow of the wide open curtis. he just doesn't look comfortable to me.

maybe i just never noticed before, but has donovan always had such "happy feet" in the pocket?he almost looked like he was running in place on the overthrow of the wide open curtis. he just doesn't look comfortable to me.
Noticed this as well. Not sure if its the norm but it looked extremely odd. And there was nobody even close. The pocket was still very much intact.

maybe i just never noticed before, but has donovan always had such "happy feet" in the pocket?he almost looked like he was running in place on the overthrow of the wide open curtis. he just doesn't look comfortable to me.
the only year i remember him looking comfortable in the pocket was the SB year. Remember the year he kept keeling over after he threw the ball? turned out he was just "worried about the receivers getting hit". he's always got some kind of weird motions in the pocket and after he throws

Curtis with three targets before the storm.
Curtis was Donovan's favorite target last year...with another year to build timing and the fact that Donovan should be better if he's completely healthy, I really think Kevin Curtis could end up a decent #2 for fantasy.

There's a difference between happy feet and keeping your feet moving. I went to a QB camp where they taught this so that you didn't stand there like a statue.Happy feet is where you're moving to the wrong areas of the pocket or are looking to run before you have to. I don't think this is what McNabb does.

Users who are viewing this thread