What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

If WWE ends up firing Young because of Moxley, I’d think that would put a serious strain on their marriage. Especially if she didn’t know his plans beforehand. For him to choose his career at the cost of hers is a serious **** move.

Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if Moxley and WWE parted on good terms and Vince knew all about his plans and just asked him to wait until his contract was up to do anything. Vince has always been a business-minded guy who hasn’t begrudged guys going to other promotions if they felt it was best for them as long as they didn’t screw him over in doing so. He’s even encouraged some to go.

Moxley didn’t try to promote AEW while under WWE contract. He did everything they wanted until he left. I see no reason for animosity. And Vince has never had a problem with controversy being stirred up as it gets people more interested, even if it’s not real.

If WWE ends up firing Young because of Moxley, I’d think that would put a serious strain on their marriage. Especially if she didn’t know his plans beforehand. For him to choose his career at the cost of hers is a serious **** move.

Of course, I wouldn’t be surprised if Moxley and WWE parted on good terms and Vince knew all about his plans and just asked him to wait until his contract was up to do anything. Vince has always been a business-minded guy who hasn’t begrudged guys going to other promotions if they felt it was best for them as long as they didn’t screw him over in doing so. He’s even encouraged some to go.

Moxley didn’t try to promote AEW while under WWE contract. He did everything they wanted until he left. I see no reason for animosity. And Vince has never had a problem with controversy being stirred up as it gets people more interested, even if it’s not real.
Uh WWE has every right to get rid of Renee at this point. She may have known what he was doing and covering and lying for him. They also don't want another AJ Lee Punk situation. It's business. Renee will find work else where and she's no huge loss to the broadcast anyway 

I legit hope this crowd starts chanting Moxley and AEW and as well as Y2J, Kenny, Codi and Dustin and Young Bucks. Oh yeah throw some CM Punk chants in for good measure. Just high jack this clown show 

Uh WWE has every right to get rid of Renee at this point. She may have known what he was doing and covering and lying for him. They also don't want another AJ Lee Punk situation. It's business. Renee will find work else where and she's no huge loss to the broadcast anyway 
I didn’t say anything about WWE’s right to get rid of Renee. I said it would have been a #### move for Moxley to screw up Renee’s career by giving WWE the finger if he really left the way people are saying. 

I didn’t say anything about WWE’s right to get rid of Renee. I said it would have been a #### move for Moxley to screw up Renee’s career by giving WWE the finger if he really left the way people are saying. 
He did leave the way he did but it was because of issues with WWE as well they weren't angles either. Renee's was already on borrowed time when Moxley was leaving anyway. 

He did leave the way he did but it was because of issues with WWE as well they weren't angles either. Renee's was already on borrowed time when Moxley was leaving anyway. 
I’m just saying that it wouldn’t surprise me, and would even make sense, if Moxley decided he wanted to go to AEW when his WWE contract ended, and Vince knew about it and was fine with it as long as he and Renee behaved themselves professionally. Which they have.

I’m just saying that it wouldn’t surprise me, and would even make sense, if Moxley decided he wanted to go to AEW when his WWE contract ended, and Vince knew about it and was fine with it as long as he and Renee behaved themselves professionally. Which they have.
Accept Vince wouldn't have let him. If Moxley said yeah I'm not renewing and going to AEW then WWE would've tried to put no compete clauses etc on his deal so he couldn't get to Double or Nothing. Remember what happened when Punk left with AJ Lee? She wouldn't stop talking about her husband and left shortly after that. WWE doesn't want another one of those situations where Renee if she's not happy with WWE just randomly on air Promotes AEW. 

Just so people know this is ONE OF ROMANs real family members Cousins Lance. He's 27 he's wrestled in MLW. Samu is his father 

In one hour of this #### show we've had the opening segment drag on for almost 4 minutes and a joke of a match with an AEW and this is boring chants

Accept Vince wouldn't have let him. If Moxley said yeah I'm not renewing and going to AEW then WWE would've tried to put no compete clauses etc on his deal so he couldn't get to Double or Nothing. Remember what happened when Punk left with AJ Lee? She wouldn't stop talking about her husband and left shortly after that. WWE doesn't want another one of those situations where Renee if she's not happy with WWE just randomly on air Promotes AEW. 
AJ ended up leaving because she couldn’t physically perform anymore. She stayed with WWE as long as she could. That’s according to her from her book. WWE didn’t dump her or force her out. She was there for over a year after Punk left.

And you can’t put a non-compete clause in someone’s contract arbitrarily. They have to agree to it. Like when they renegotiate to get out of it early. Moxley’s contract was up, he didn’t need early release. There was no need for him to renegotiate. He was leaving and as long as he honored the terms of his contract, there was nothing WWE could do about it.

Vince has never had a problem with anyone leaving like that in the past. The closest you get is what happened with Hart in Montreal, and that was all because Bret didn’t want to drop the belt on the final night of his contract. Vince wasn’t willing to risk what happened with Alundra Blaze happen with Hart.

Aside from Bray's new schtick, Raw is nearly entirely skippable.  I fast fwd pretty much the entire show.  Most of the wrestling is unimaginative formula, rinse repeat.  Yawn.

how about that to create buzz... or did Sammy tried to get fired? Matt Jackson 30 minutes ago named dropped him saying he is his favorite wrestler...

I can't help but want to talk other stuff than todays pro wrestling, hopefully when AEW starts up, but....

The strongest pro rassler ever?

Bill Kazmeir

The Great Antonio

Ken Patera

Ted Arcidi

Paul Anderson

Mark Henry

Braun Strowman

Big E

other?

Story on Renee doing indy events with Jon.

I thought I'd read somewhere that she may just end up being bought out.  This story  speculates that both her and Natalya could be punished for the actions of Jon and Bret. I honestly can't see that happening. That would blow up on the E so badly.

Story on Renee doing indy events with Jon.

I thought I'd read somewhere that she may just end up being bought out.  This story  speculates that both her and Natalya could be punished for the actions of Jon and Bret. I honestly can't see that happening. That would blow up on the E so badly.
It could've been here from the other night when I posted one of my sources comments on who watched Double or Nothing and what plans they wanted. They don't want anyone associated with a competitor company with them. Adam Cole's (Bey Bey) is safe as they feel his fiancee Britt Baker for as talented as she is, she's not the big star that Moxley is. WWE wants to errr on the side of caution and stop something before it starts. Say Renee is frustrated with the bosses right before RAW goes on the air so she comes out and at one random point on RAW starts blabbering about how she's glad her husband left and how AEW treats him so much better etc. WWE doesn't want that happening plus they are giving AEW free promotion with one of their lead shows commentators. I take what Sammy did last night as more of WWE taking shots and given Zayn's character right now it's easy to believe he'd blurt the name of another company  out. 

Nope this is an Indy event that even Corey Graves is doing. WWE talent does this ever year like going to an indy event at some minor league baseball stadium and so fourth. Graves has been doing this for awhile. Renee will be bought out and since they realized Moxley lied to them theres been talks how to handle Renee. I think despite what some fans will think as WWE being petty the writing for Renee was on the wall and I'm sure she knew the minute her husband wasn't gonna resign with the company her days there were also numbered if she knew what he was really doing. WWE didn't like the fact Moxley said he was going to do Hollywood but once WWE figured out that was a lie it was too late and they were already promoting him for another another company essentially. Young is no huge loss unless you take the PPV pre shows seriously. God awful announcer and her oohing and ahhhing sounds like she's having sex with a live mic. I heard Natty is possible retiring soon anyway so what good is it for them to punish her. Their relationship with Brett is better then ever before and he was apart of them trying to convince Owen's wife to let WWE put him in the HoF. 

If that were all true, why was she on last night? Vince makes last-minute changes all the time, and he had almost 48 hrs since DoN. They could've easily had someone take her place and told Renee to stay home. 

If that were all true, why was she on last night? Vince makes last-minute changes all the time, and he had almost 48 hrs since DoN. They could've easily had someone take her place and told Renee to stay home. 
To me, it's an optics issue. If they immediately fire/suspend/punish her, it looks like retribution against an employee for the actions of a spouse. It would be seen as petty and harsh. With John Oliver's segment fresh on everyone's mind and Saudi Arabia coming up soon, the E can't afford anymore PR IEDs going off. The best move would be to take her off TV and pay her to sit out the rest of her contract, which would function as a de facto non-compete clause. Then, after the contract expires, she can do what she wants and the wrestling world will have moved on.

That assumes a lot on the E's part... <_<

To me, it's an optics issue. If they immediately fire/suspend/punish her, it looks like retribution against an employee for the actions of a spouse. It would be seen as petty and harsh. With John Oliver's segment fresh on everyone's mind and Saudi Arabia coming up soon, the E can't afford anymore PR IEDs going off. The best move would be to take her off TV and pay her to sit out the rest of her contract, which would function as a de facto non-compete clause. Then, after the contract expires, she can do what she wants and the wrestling world will have moved on.

That assumes a lot on the E's part... <_<
That’s what I was saying. Vince has had never had a problem having people sit in the back and just not using them on TV. But that’s not what they’re doing. So I don’t think they’re worried about her. They may not renew her contract when it comes back up, but it doesn’t seem like they’re going to punish her for anything Moxley did. If they were, they should have already done it.

I’m still not convinced WWE was surprised nor upset by anything Moxley did.

That’s what I was saying. Vince has had never had a problem having people sit in the back and just not using them on TV. But that’s not what they’re doing. So I don’t think they’re worried about her. They may not renew her contract when it comes back up, but it doesn’t seem like they’re going to punish her for anything Moxley did. If they were, they should have already done it.

I’m still not convinced WWE was surprised nor upset by anything Moxley did.
Because rumors had it from close sources that Moxley was fed up with wrestling and taking the year off and was interested in Hollywood. It wasn't till after they started everything and announcing he was not renewing was when they realized he was going to wrestle and just wanted out. They were upset he used them to get him this big send off to basically promote him for another company. 

This whole lets make Roman Austin and fight the authority thing is so boring. I want WWE to do a double take and role reverse and have Roman join the McMahons 

WWE will suspend Sami Zayn on Monday 

"there is this rumor going around that Sammy Zayn will be suspended two weeks for his comments made on the electric chair as a way of not saying he’s not going to Saudi Arabia"

Because rumors had it from close sources that Moxley was fed up with wrestling and taking the year off and was interested in Hollywood. It wasn't till after they started everything and announcing he was not renewing was when they realized he was going to wrestle and just wanted out. They were upset he used them to get him this big send off to basically promote him for another company. 
Yeah, I don't think that happened. I think WWE knew and decided to get him to generate as much revenue for them as they could before he left. The big send off maybe promoted him, but it generates views for the network and merch sales for WWE. There was more Shield stuff going on after he announced he wasn't going to renew than there had been in years. They were trying to get every last drop from that cash cow. All the promotional stuff was for the Ambrose brand, not Moxley. WWE probably owns that name. The man himself pretty much lost every match on his way out. 

bcdjr1 said:
Yeah, I don't think that happened. I think WWE knew and decided to get him to generate as much revenue for them as they could before he left. The big send off maybe promoted him, but it generates views for the network and merch sales for WWE. There was more Shield stuff going on after he announced he wasn't going to renew than there had been in years. They were trying to get every last drop from that cash cow. All the promotional stuff was for the Ambrose brand, not Moxley. WWE probably owns that name. The man himself pretty much lost every match on his way out. 
He wanted to put the people he was facing over himself.  Also listen to the Jericho podcast as he pretty much confirms it. The podcast is very daunting and from people I spoke with it sounds like this is not John's frustration but also others including Roman Reigns. WWE backstage right now is in a huge #### storm and Moxley confirms most if not all of the talent is fed up with creative. From what he said it sounds like don't be surprised if more talent comes out voicing frustration 

Last edited by a moderator:
John Moxley was on Chris Jericho's podcast that came out today the latest one. I haven't listened to it but reading bullet points he completely exposed Vince and WWE. Basically calls out creative, said he was done in July of Last year knew he wouldn't resign, said WWE is upset with him lying to them, he did the video initial one for $8K, said multiple talent is upset and even throws his good buddy Roman Reigns into it as being upset. He also said he refused to do parts of the heel turn storyline on Roman and there was a line he was suppose to use but refused too (Wouldn't even repeat it on the podcast) h said would've had sponsors pull from WWE who dealt with Cancer survivors. From talking to people today it sounds line Moxley was speaking on behalf of not just himself but everyone left in WWE. It also brings to light that even Vinces top billed Full timer Roman is upset. Oh yeah and Dean completely ####s on Brock Lesnar apparently. 

This is from a few sources

"if the wwe is not talking in the virtue of Jon Moxley’s interview with Jericho, I would be shocked. What he said on that interview is the mentality of all the talent there, even Roman Reigns believe it or not. It’s a must hear..."

"the Moxley interview confirms my earlier story of wwe being upset with him as he told him he was going Hollywood when in fact he was going elsewhere. To his side he says he told them he was upset with creative to what HHH told Vince today, I told you it also confirms Sasha Banks story indirectly as that’s what we’ve been reporting now for a month. Confirms all reports of unhappiness in wwe and now brings another subject, Roman Reigns. I’d be interesting to see his position on all of this"

Alexi Bliss confirmed the Sasha and Bailey crying on the floor with a shot at Bailey. Saying she should confront her friend and she'll leave a spot on the locker room floor for them 

Users who are viewing this thread