What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Vince gave John a promo script he didn't like which was cooky ####. He tells Vince doesn't like it but Vince says this is why people will like you because ur different. 

Dean is worried about in ring promo at end of night, which is the night he had 6 promos. Calls it a pile of Hot Garbage. something about a pooper scooper. Says they change it to Wouldn't come out with a gas mask. Vince loves it. Does another promo doesn't make sense. Gets a note from VKM "Dean needs to learn how important to insult audience. Needs to learn how to take lines" Writer gets the brunt of Dean's frustration unfortunately with a "why do I even work here youre better off getting Actors" Next promo is the line on Roman. Says he won't say this. Writers tell him to say it in an innacuous way. He says if you can't keep up with this just imagine how he felt doing it? Vince writes new script. Dean enters in a Surgical mask. Vince messed out as he misunderstood the Noun as he will use it as a prop. Dean is exhausted this point trying to get why he shouldn't have the gas mask. Get a handkerchief. Dean ran out of the building at the end. Got in his room. Says what a waste of time. Did 6 promos no idea what was said or storylines. Jericho then comments he left WWE in2017 as he was mentally exhausted. The matches are the easy part  

Johncalls out the attitude era guys trying to say talent is too afraid of Vince to go off script etc. John says he was never afraid to do that. However Moxley says he'd make it work 

Day he knows he's gone. Says he almost walked out. Why rush it though only 8 more months. Milwaukee RAW. Text in morning explaining what he does. Own personal DR backstage wit Rabis shots for fans. Text written "II hate that" Writer says YEAH I KNOW. Gets to building he's the talk of backstage Hayes confronts him. Has the sexual assault meeting and he is seething. Someone tells him Vince wants to see him. VKM wants him to know its not comedy. Says promo is such good stuff and so well written gonna get you a ton of heat. Moxley looks at him with 2 heads. Says this is the time he's gonna say this. Hey If you want me to do this and throw me crazy Cruves hey I'll do it and try my best. Moxley gets a Southwest flight home couldn't feel better to get out of building. Felt dizzy and pit in stomach. Said sat at bar in Airport and felt really depressed. This promo had another line about Leukemia. He said the line before about Roman but this time he said no. Said if he had said it someone would be fired. Not sure if Vince or a writer said it and says if you are listening now you should be ashamed of yourself. 

This is the day in a Life of John Moxley AKA Dean Ambrose in WWE 

Says to Chris when they were doing stuff he was getting brain dead. Say WWE seems to take Wrestling away from you. "Wrestling is my love besides my wife" Woke up in middle of the night with a promo cutting it and favorite part of wrestling but in WWE started to dread them. Hated the looking like the idiot. Never had any plans of him as a baby face. No idea he'd get over got over on his own. Says biggest mistake he made was showing them he could do comedy. First few months after Sheild broke up fighting for his life and he got over on his own. Now WWE wants to get his hands on him and turn them what they WANT HIM TO BE. Always tried to stay positive with Vince. 

Talks about rehab went at it like a beast. Only 8 more months left he was gonna give it the best effort ever. Pitch ideas to Vince etc

Started watch ROH and everyone coming up with Ideas and then going "Oh wait they won't do that". Thinking of himself in a Weiner mobile. Saying excited to be back for wrestling but not to WWE. Took a page out of Jericho's book flew to Stamford to meet with Vince. Wanted to comeback as Heel totally different character. Fly himself to NYC to show him how serious he was pitches his ideas and coming back on SDL feuding with AJ or someone. All it was is they have Shield Comback tag with Seth which he was fine with but nothing great

They pretended to go with his idea but don't. Already Pissed off and he's not even back yet

Tiny idea to piss off. 

The script with his basically putting in he's coming back in script before that. Chris and John agree WWE over produces everything 

Moxley said he was leaving WWE even if AEW wasn't existing. If No Indy's no wrestlers would've left made his own school and changed the wrestling culture. They tell them new contract coming knows he won't sign it. Excited to get contract and excited to literally deny it. RR comes and Hunter wants to give to him. Tells him he's thought of this for a long time at a wrestling axess. Doesn't want any bad feels. Hunters says can he saying anything he said yes. Says he'll tell Vince wants to make sure WWE can't put him on Europe Tour not ruffle feathers. Hopes Seth just curb stomps him can go home. Producers comes up to him with Changes for Raw after mania. About Nia segment. Says it was definitely to bury him. Says he had no issue of taking bump from Nia 2019 but knew it was there to bury. Talk with VKM says he acted like he didn't knew. John thinking WTF was I coming in your office. Baby faces him but decideds get everything off chest

Physical sickness in Stomach every Monday happens constantly hates getting the script. Says he can't live like this. 

Tells him he just wants to Get away for awhile. Says finish at mania says well we won't try to bury him. And He tells him well this is why I'min here. Nia thing Vince says it's a attraction. 

Theres a promo with Vince/Seth/Hunter and its live. doesn't know what is going only he Vince and Hunter knew he was leaving. Half shoot Promo when with Hunter has shoot script almost. Promo did well. Rumor leaks out the next days he's leaving WWE puts out the press release. Says this is awesome they never did this for anyone before. Doesn't know motive for press release. He says Vince wants to own everyone. Thats why he pays Brock millions ruin wrestling. Money wasn't an issue to him. Chris says he Eddie, Beniot felt same way in WCW that their love was killed for wrestling. John says he had everything from the house of his mom's paid off and everything as money what was he gonna do with it. John says WWE basically is don't worry about Promos or Matches we got people doing that idea for you. Had no motivation on Monday's to go out and workout. 

What Dean wants to prove is WWE creative Process Sucks. He's told Vince/Hunter etc. Not sure how it even works says Vince is the problem but Vince the Structure he built around himself the infrastructure after 2002. Says not Talent and Writers fault. Wants to show with AEW it can be better. Not his agenda to make sure to show it sucks but to show an alternative and also maybe and hopes changes can be made 

After Nia did they try to bury you

Excited after NIA to work with EC3 great friend etc. After press release he's beaten in3 mins. Not fair for EC3 as he will get backlash. 

Gonna Work with EC3 after ouse Shows John is baby face. EC3 is gonna beat him in 3 mins. Says to writer don't you see issue? Yeah looks like they are burying you I know. Vince hears reports & pissed. Promo now Seth Heel and John Baby face. John gets gimmick DQ matches he wants working with Drew. He's ok with it. Somehow he's main event in RAW.

John says he got paid $500 for the House Show special which enchantment talent gets. Thats what yo get to show up extras Minimum. Jericho says its like a #### you Dean  

Goals for AEW

*  being best version of himself creative freedom to do what he wants. 

* Moxley says he can work with Lucha guys, can do Hardcore matches etc

* Doesn't give a #### about WWE. Wants them to be good if by product is AEW good. Hopes it's good for his wife and friends there. Wants wrestling better for fans

*  Has Randy Couture's strength and Conditioning coach now

* Has a bucket list of stuff he wants to do before end of year

*  Excited to work with new wrestlers

* Could've taken a year off to heal etc but he's physically well and mentally well

* Likes Tony Khan he's a wrestling fan can talk about 98 PPVs like WCW Totally different the Vince

Chris wonders if VKM can change his passion for wrestling again. 

Moxley wanted to make a movie trailer that dropped at Midnight when he was released. Not tech savvy but knows a few WWE guys. But he bring in Sick Nick Mondo Wrestling Death Match legend. Asked about trailers. Gives him idea. Gives him like almost full movie script loved the idea. He filmed the trailer in February. Threw his dogs in the truck from Vegas home went to LA. Rented out Hollywood scene sent. Vince texts him at 4AM his time while filming. Says he needs a favor from John with Sheild for European tour. He told him sorry I'm committed to a film project. Technically it was his trailer to come up. John didn't tweet it his social media guy did had social media embedded the video with a timer to go exactly at midnight. Moxley was on stage in Vegas presenting an award. Ran out of there 30 mins later. 

Roman and Seth were cool with it but sad to see him go. Knew what he was going through. Told Seth this is like ending of Harry and the Hendersons. He's a wild animal that was domesticated too long. Nothing about $$$ for now on didn't discuss money with AEW nothing is motivated for him there. Ends podcast don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something

Brad Sheppard on the You didn't know podcast confirmed my report on which WWE people watched Double or Nothing and worked WWE on it. Talked to source months ago. Dean would possible comeback in a few months. Expectation he'd be back. Vince would never give him a long send off if he knew he was going to AEW. Brad didn't report the initial report as he always thought he was going to AEW. 

Podcast also said Rey is in Birmingham seeking opinion on surgery

Sheppard says internally Match with Corbin/Seth was initially Brock/Seth. 

24/7 title was not USA idea to get ratings. 

Some mystery of Road Dogg's role in NXT. Was told it's Paul is protecting one of his guys

Spoke to high ranking source thoughts on AEW: 

Admits AEW good for Wrestling as a whole with dirt sheets. Didn't like idea of old guys in fold but understands why they were first brought it. Didn't like the shots at WWE like getting Brett Hart. Thinks they should focus going forward on homegrown talent. 

Uh oh. Sounds like the Renee stuff is similar to AJ Lee. AJ Lee knew her husband was walking out. Renee apparently knew about Moxley's video. WWE is already working on how to get her off TV. I mentioned to him we got to start keeping track of all the podcast "know it alls" who are saying WWE won't do anything to Renee and will be off commentary. They replied

"She will... they are already planning how to take her off the commentators table...she knew since February about the video so...its like the AJ situation all over again..."

Updated 2019 Best of Super Juniors standings

A BLOCK
Shingo Takagi: (8-0) 16 pts. 
Taiji Ishimori: (7-1) 14 pts. 
Dragon Lee: (6-2) 12 pts. 
Marty Scurll: (4-3) 10 pts. 
Jonathan Gresham: (4-4) 8 pts. 
SHO: (4-4) 8 pts. 
Yoshinobu Kanemaru: (3-6) 6 pts. 
Titan: (2-6) 4 pts. 
Tiger Mask: (2-6) 4 pts. 
TAKA Michinoku: (0-7) 0 pts.
B BLOCK

Ryusuke Taguchi: (6-2) 12 pts. 
Will Ospreay: (6-2) 12 pts. 
El Phantasmo: (5-3) 10 pts. 
Robbie Eagles: (5-3) 10 pts. 
BUSHI: (5-3) 10 pts. 
YOH: (5-3) 10 pts. 
Bandido: (4-4) 8 pts. 
Rocky Romero: (2-6) 4 pts.
DOUKI: (1-7) 2 pts. 
Ren Narita: (0-8) 0 pts.

Tom Servo said:
Vince lies to talent all the time. He's just being a birch because the shoe's on the other foot now.
I mean if you want to get Technical John did lie to Vince. Like I reported from people months ago Sheppard basically said as well most WWE people felt Moxley would take a few months off film a movie come back and resign or take most of the year off and then comeback. But like Moxley said in the podcast HE WAS NEVER COMING BACK and AEW just fell in the right place at the right time. 

Vince will be petty about this. We've heard from numerous people that Vince hates things he can't control. When Moxley told him flat out I'm leaving you can't say or do anything to make me stay Vince felt vulnerable. he hated not having that control. Personal opinion from what I've been told and interrupted but I feel if things don't change look for more people to pull what Sasha/Moxley did. Don't be surprised if Mike Bennet and Maria simple leave WWE. I can see them in AEW in no time but given Mike's buddies are in ROH could see him back there again. I think AJ made a huge mistake re upping with WWE. SHould've gone back to NJPW with Bullet Club. 

Meltzer reports 98,000 PPV buys for Double or Nothing. Holy motherbleeping bleep!

From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Double or Nothing is currently estimated at doing roughly 98,000 buys between television and digital PPV, with close to a 50/50 split between the two . This tells a lot about the audience because most current products do 15 to 25 percent of their orders digitally these days, aside from UFC which has made a deal to move off television. About two-thirds came from the U.S., with the U.K., which aired the pregame show on ITV 4, being the strong second followed by Australia, Germany and Canada. The number isn’t quite double what All In did, but it also did so at a significantly higher U.S. price point. With replay buys, it should easily top ECW’s biggest-ever show (99,000) and be the biggest PPV in pro wrestling history that wasn’t produced by WWE or WCW. It also soundly beat the last UFC digital-exclusive events, and wasn’t far behind the previous show.

I can't possibly conceive a crazy UFC-esque 5x bump for finally getting TV (UFC went from 50k before TV to 250k after TV), but they're going to get a bump, that's for sure. And that's not until October.

Add Moxley to the card and pair that with the gushing reviews coming out of Double or Nothing, I don't think it's crazy to predict 125,000 buys for All Out. Hell, maybe 150,000!

I'm listening to Talk Is Jericho with Jon Moxley. Hearing him do an advertisement for cat litter is hilarious. :lmao:  

He has a cat named "Mr. Mittens"...I can't even. :lmao:   :lmao:

Go to the wrestlinginc comments section - they're triggered!!! :lmao:
Those marks are so triggered about everything. I've posted a few of my sources news in there to people saying no this isn't how some backstage thing went or this is how WWE spinner this being this. They get so triggered if anything you say is remotely negative about WWE. Don't get me going on the ones who hate the cruiserweights, say NXT is overrated, worship the ground Roman and Brock walk on and think AJ Styles was a terrible champ. That comment section is a Cesspool. I would say some of the non WWE marks in there are just as bad at times  though

BTW, the "movie project" Jon Moxley was working on? As he said on Talk Is Jericho, it's working on that trailer he released on twitter at 12:01 AM on May 1st.

I'm dead... :lmao:

ETA: IIRC, he said he spent 8 racks on just the red camera to film the segment.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, the "movie project" Jon Moxley was working on? As he said on Talk Is Jericho, it's working on that trailer he released on twitter at 12:01 AM on May 1st.

I'm dead... :lmao:

ETA: IIRC, he said he spent 8 racks on just the red camera to film the segment.
And like I posted yesterday Renee apparently knew about it too. Did you hear what Vince called him to ask him at that time? He wanted him to work the European tour for them without a contract.  :lmao:

AEW might be my new favorite wrestling company. For those who don't know I was diagnosed with Aspergers 9 yrs ago this past April. It's a high functioning form of autism and many believe Einstien Thomas Jefferson and others have had it. The movie The Accountant Ben Affleck also has this. AEW went above and beyond here for the event. Along with my favorite Football team the Eagles doing a lot of work and making things easier for autistic people to attend games AEW is now as well. 

AEW hands out free sensory bags at Double or Nothing include Sensory rooms and trained staff

AEW might be my new favorite wrestling company. For those who don't know I was diagnosed with Aspergers 9 yrs ago this past April. It's a high functioning form of autism and many believe Einstien Thomas Jefferson and others have had it. The movie The Accountant Ben Affleck also has this. AEW went above and beyond here for the event. Along with my favorite Football team the Eagles doing a lot of work and making things easier for autistic people to attend games AEW is now as well. 

AEW hands out free sensory bags at Double or Nothing include Sensory rooms and trained staff
You can thank Chief Brandi Officer for that. I think it's a great idea.

ShamrockPride said:
That's a lot? What's average? I think I read somewhere it was more buys than any WWE PPV in the last year outside of the big 4.
Some things to consider about this number:

ECW's most watched PPV was 99,000 buys
WCW in 2000 was right around 110,000 IIRC
UFC had about 50,000 buys without any TV in the mid 00s. They went to 250,000 after TV started
More buys than All In last year, which I think cost 60% of DoN's PPV price in the US

To me, all it means is they have a solid foundation of devoted fans that they have the opportunity to build upon with All Out and then weekly TV in October. It doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other if they will truly "succeed," but perhaps it gives a positive outlook.

TakeOver XXV was a wonderful, breezy 2.5 hour PPV.

Match-by-match impressions:

• Matt Riddle has megastar written all over him. Roderick Strong should probably never go face past Undisputed Era's tweener status; great as a heel.
  • The tag ladder match seemed wildly unsafe. Seemed like a lot of amped up green guys (even if they weren't, it seemed that way) in there with a couple of seasoned vets. Everyone put on a spotfest though, I was entertained. I'm intrigued to see how far the new champs can run.
  • Tyler Breeze is an excellent wrestler that deserves to be seen in the ring, at the very least more often than he is now. Velveteen Dream is basically Goldust turned to 11 with a higher ceiling.
  • Shayna Baszler can do no wrong in my eyes. Incredible heel.
  • Split crowd for the main event, they couldn't turn Adam Cole heel enough for boos. Just going to have to accept that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some things to consider about this number:

ECW's most watched PPV was 99,000 buys
WCW in 2000 was right around 110,000 IIRC
UFC had about 50,000 buys without any TV in the mid 00s. They went to 250,000 after TV started
More buys than All In last year, which I think cost 60% of DoN's PPV price in the US

To me, all it means is they have a solid foundation of devoted fans that they have the opportunity to build upon with All Out and then weekly TV in October. It doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other if they will truly "succeed," but perhaps it gives a positive outlook.
I'm wondering if there would be a bigger buy rate say had they cut that in Half and made it $20. I know quite a few people who didn't watch because they didn't want to pay the money and or found other ways to watch 

TakeOver XXV was a wonderful, breezy 2.5 hour PPV.

Match-by-match impressions:

• Matt Riddle has megastar written all over him. Roderick Strong should probably never go face past Undisputed Era's tweener status; great as a heel.
  • The tag ladder match seemed wildly unsafe. Seemed like a lot of amped up green guys (even if they weren't, it seemed that way) in there with a couple of seasoned vets. Everyone put on a spotfest though, I was entertained. I'm intrigued to see how far the new champs can run.
  • Tyler Breeze is an excellent wrestler that deserves to be seen in the ring, at the very least more often than he is now. Velveteen Dream is basically Goldust turned to 11 with a higher ceiling.
  • Shayna Baszler can do no wrong in my eyes. Incredible heel.
  • Split crowd for the main event, they couldn't turn Adam Cole heel enough for boos. Just going to have to accept that.
I thought it was a nice PPV. 

Ribble not sure his character fits Main roster may have to change some things

I missed the Ladder match so I'll need to go watch that

Tyler Breeze should be holding a championship by now. Incredible underrated. Dream I'm not rah rah like everyone else. He seems like a cheap knock off of Golddust but PG. Not to say the kid doesn't have talent I just don't again see his gimmick working on the main roster. It might be big for a few weeks at first like Adam Rose and then die down 

I missed the women's match as I'm honestly sick and tired and seeing Shayna. She needs to just be on the main roster

Seems like everyone is getting tired of Gargano. The whole Johnny Underdog thing is literally over. Personal bias in this match but I'm happy for Cole. Such a great guy when I met him. It's a dam shame Vince runs WWE because I think with Paul running WWE Adam Cole would be an absolute star. The guy has the it factor. Good on the mic, a great wrestler and he can play either heel or face or even a tweeter role. He just oozes with Charisma. 

Users who are viewing this thread