What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Samoa Joe has a neck injury that could keep him away for almost a year. Very unfortunate

Andrade took a banned substance when in Mexico knowingly. Thought he was in the clear as he was just tested in Nov but randomized testing his name was called for a piss sample and he got caught. Vince is apparently fuming about it and Andrade may or may not have the title dropped during the suspension. They didn't want Carillo as champ and its said this just came up yesterday morning at the PPV. The Angle last night was to write Andrade off TV for a bit 
They can run a kayfabe injury angle and use the no defenses in 30 days clause to strip him of the title. Easy peasy.

He's hooked up with Charlotte Flair, so I'm guessing while VKM may be "mad", Andrade is not catching anything close to real heat.
He gets more pissed at his own guys that he is a fan of. He was fuming about Lars do to the fact Lars was becoming his pet project. When you are one of Vince's boys and you mess up you better stay clear of him for awhile. He feels he's doing you a favor pushing you and giving you more of a chance and then you mess up like this. Well thats looked at as disrespectful to the man. 

Check this with 3 people 

"I’m hearing Edge wants to do a TLC with Orton for Mania and a last man standing for Saudi. This might flip but definitely the TLC is happening. Then, Edge will be inserted in the title run against Drew going towards Summerslam. Those are the plans”

Check this with 3 people 

"I’m hearing Edge wants to do a TLC with Orton for Mania and a last man standing for Saudi. This might flip but definitely the TLC is happening. Then, Edge will be inserted in the title run against Drew going towards Summerslam. Those are the plans”
For the love of all that's decent, let's not make this a three-way dance. :yucky:

On today's Jericho podcast, he had a panel of Bischoff, Hall, DDP and Booker T to talk about the NWO. 

IT CAN NOW BE TOLD: The original "Third Man" that would be with Hall and Nash at Bash at the Beach was

the man called Sting.

Last edited by a moderator:
On today's Jericho podcast, he had a panel of Bischoff, Hall, DDP and Booker T to talk about the NWO. 

IT CAN NOW BE TOLD: The original "Third Man" that would be with Hall and Nash at Bash at the Beach was

the man called Sting.
Not really the same. Who would've been WCW's Company Face then to feud with them? he was perfect plus he didn't show up on ever episode of Nitro. 

Also unless I'm wrong isn't Booker contracted to WWE as a personal guy? If I'm not mistaken Vince and WWE basically banned any employee contracted to WWE from being on Talk is Jericho after Y2J signed with AEW. Unless Booker has some sort of by Appearance contract obligation and he can do what he wants. 

the man called Sting.
Also this man right here in the bolded does not get enough credit for what a talent he was in the ring Hogan and Nash may have been pushed huge throughout their careers but Hall was such a great talent and worker in the ring with so much Charisma. Dude had the perfect looked where he could act like he was Spanish character, go into an Italian type character if needed etc. Dam shame he was never a Worlds Champion any promotion he was in. Such an underrated talent. Going back and watching some of the stuff on the network over the last decade I've realized just how under appreciated this dude was in the ring. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hogan had kept him down too to not overshadow him 

I think this is the first time AEW is in the hometown or very near it  of one of its Rostered talented. Mox is from Cincy but it seems like a hometown Crowd for Mox tonight 

MJF: "These boys maybe Christian Boys but the only Bible Verse they know is Austin 3:16."  :lmao:

Wrestling doesn't deserve MJF seriously 

LOL Hangman comes walking out beer in hand looking a tad tipsy. Gets on the Apron gives his beer to Matt Jackson and then BuckShots The Butcher. Takes his beer back and starts chugging it like nothing happens and walks away.  :D I love Hangman 

So someone has a theory on how Brandi Came out with this character or a backstory. Remember Codi's match against Nick Aldis for the NWA title at ALL Out the first one? Remember when Brandi hit her head on the table or railing during the match when she got pushed? Basically there were after effects to it. If this is true its very eerily similar to How Matt Hardy did the whole DELETE stuff 

BY GAWD The Things I'd do to Penelope Ford would be legal in some states. What a Babe!!!! I met her when Joey Janella was still in CZW at a show. Not sure if she still is but she was renting a place in Philly when Joey and Her were in CZW. TV DOES NOT DO Ford Justice 

BY GAWD The Things I'd do to Penelope Ford would be legal in some states. What a Babe!!!! I met her when Joey Janella was still in CZW at a show. Not sure if she still is but she was renting a place in Philly when Joey and Her were in CZW. TV DOES NOT DO Ford Justice 
You misspelled "Britt Baker" :wub:

Watched the RR over the past few nights, as we were at New Beginning in USA on Sunday.

Fiend-Bryan has to be one of the best gimmick singles matches in WWE in years and years. Loved that match.

Was disappointed how they booked the end of the Women's Rumble, and I don't mean the winner; that's all fine, whatever. Shayna coming in and tossing fools one after the other was designed to make her look strong, but came off as boring to me. Bianca was more impressive imo.

Men's Rumble was quite fun imo. Only thing I didn't really like were the terrible camera direction and the only thing that seems to affect Brock is a low blow. It has been done way too many times in the past however many months. 🙄

Darby Allin had an interview with Meltzer and Alvarez while on the cruise that super impressed me. We've seen the connection he has made with young fans already, and if his current attitude toward the business is any indication I think he can do really great things.

Hi. Not a wrestling guy but WM is in Tampa and I can get tickets. Will it be worth it for a non-fan to sit through? Last time I really watched was 98. 

I heard the show is like 7-8 hours long if you get there when they tell you to - that’s a no go for me, I wouldn’t sit through 8 hours of anything. Would it make sense to show up around 6 for a 7:00 start? 
GB, I'd say go but feel free to leave as soon as you're not feeling it anymore. End of the night is going to be an eternity from the start.

Darby Allin had an interview with Meltzer and Alvarez while on the cruise that super impressed me. We've seen the connection he has made with young fans already, and if his current attitude toward the business is any indication I think he can do really great things.
Dude has quite the backstory.  He was even living out of his car for about 18 months.  He talked to Jericho about how he'd pull his grill into the locker room of some gym at 1 AM to cook his meals.

You know, I really do enjoy AEW and what they're trying to do in the industry.  Watch every week.  But man I gotta tell you, the in-ring product is really sloppy at times.  I can't help but compare to WWE, and there just seems to be a lot of telegraphed and miss-timed spots, slow, awful "working" punches and kicks etc.  Not all the times, but not just by the greener wrestlers.  I've seen it with the Jacksons and some other veteran wrestlers as well.  I assume that at least some of this is related to the newness of these wrestlers working together in-ring, or maybe general inexperience of some of them.  Not really as much a complaint as it is an observation.  I just can't help noticing it when I watch.

hagmania said:
Watched the RR over the past few nights, as we were at New Beginning in USA on Sunday.

Fiend-Bryan has to be one of the best gimmick singles matches in WWE in years and years. Loved that match.

Was disappointed how they booked the end of the Women's Rumble, and I don't mean the winner; that's all fine, whatever. Shayna coming in and tossing fools one after the other was designed to make her look strong, but came off as boring to me. Bianca was more impressive imo.

Men's Rumble was quite fun imo. Only thing I didn't really like were the terrible camera direction and the only thing that seems to affect Brock is a low blow. It has been done way too many times in the past however many months. 🙄
How was New Beginning USA? 

coyote5 said:
You know, I really do enjoy AEW and what they're trying to do in the industry.  Watch every week.  But man I gotta tell you, the in-ring product is really sloppy at times.  I can't help but compare to WWE, and there just seems to be a lot of telegraphed and miss-timed spots, slow, awful "working" punches and kicks etc.  Not all the times, but not just by the greener wrestlers.  I've seen it with the Jacksons and some other veteran wrestlers as well.  I assume that at least some of this is related to the newness of these wrestlers working together in-ring, or maybe general inexperience of some of them.  Not really as much a complaint as it is an observation.  I just can't help noticing it when I watch.
The choices they make with regard to camerawork will show more (you even see it in NJPW but they're so good and rarely goof up), but I agree there are many green-to-TV wrestlers on AEW.

They're not even 20 episodes in. In time I think they'll get their own facilities in Jacksonville to give workers a place to train up.

How was New Beginning USA? 
Really enjoyable 2 hours. They run a tight ship, boom-boom-boom.

Got to see Tanahashi in a singles match, which is basically always worth the price of admission. Yano and Cabana stole the show with their humor, and the young lions are incredible on their fundamentals.

It was a bummer Kota Ibushi wasn't able to come, but he has some pretty awful syndrome where he's been hit so hard in the chest/gut that part of his esophagus tore.

Really enjoyable 2 hours. They run a tight ship, boom-boom-boom.

Got to see Tanahashi in a singles match, which is basically always worth the price of admission. Yano and Cabana stole the show with their humor, and the young lions are incredible on their fundamentals.

It was a bummer Kota Ibushi wasn't able to come, but he has some pretty awful syndrome where he's been hit so hard in the chest/gut that part of his esophagus tore.
Heard Kota has the Flu which is why they took him off. I saw Tana in a tag match with Juice, one other guy and the Rock N Roll Express vs Gedo, Jay White and GOD during the Hittori Fire Unleashed Retirement tour. 

I also got to see a hell of a hard hitting match with Lance Archer who yelled Shut Up to someone in front of me during his corner 10 count where the fan yelled "Everybody Counts". Karl Fredricks and those guys were also there in some nice action with Amazing Red and Tj Perkins. 

NJPW seems like the best live show to go too. From all the events I've gone to over the last 3 yrs out of the major companies I've seen NJPW was my most enjoyable and I went to that alone. 

WWE Co-Presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson are out of WWE “effective immediately”. Frank Riddick will serve as interim CFO while WWE conducts a search for replacements.

Stocks went from $70-$9.55

Both were Fired btw. 

WWE fires Co presidents

I heard back in OCT that numerous people in the company sold numerous stocks just before the 3rd QTR update. Kevin Dunn sold over $100K of stock this after selling $10K in stock during the summer of 19. 

FCC investigation into insider trading 

WWE is in some big time issues. Hearing the QTR report could be very bad. Heard The Fox and Saudi Deals are two of the deals WWE is VERY VERY VERY Reliant on right now 

@TheBradShepard

More from a source in #WWE on the Barrios and Wilson firings: “They were against the #XFL from the beginning because they believed WWE CEO Vince McMahon would “find a way to tie it into WWE business” - the source used the example of filling XFL positions with WWE employees.

Also for those wondering Barrios and Wilson were member in 2008 new members to the CEO corporate field and were all about pushing the PG era. Theres rumors they were also pushed out because Vince wants to go a new direction but neither Barrios or Wilson wanted too 

@TheBradShepard

More from a source in #WWE on the Barrios and Wilson firings: “They were against the #XFL from the beginning because they believed WWE CEO Vince McMahon would “find a way to tie it into WWE business” - the source used the example of filling XFL positions with WWE employees.
After XFL fails again, what the chances Vince tries to revive the WBF? :lmao:  

As of today Vince McMahon is no longer a billionaire. WWE lost 1B in stocks. 

Vince is no longer a billionaire as the executive shakeup has caused him a whopping $1B in wwe stock value. The more speculation the worst is for wwe as it could go back to being junk stock in a matter of hours

Also if you want updates Brad Shepperd has em. He's the only one out of any of the dirt sheet Writers that is accurately reporting info and rumors what's going on while everyone else just basically retweeted the WWE corporate statement

@TheBradShepard

A source in #WWE: Wilson and Barrios were “talking ####” about the XFL before they left.

A source in #WWE told me that it’s believed the justification used for the firings was the newest quarterly report, which is “####### terrible.”

I’m told Stephanie McMahon and Paul Leveque (aka Triple H) were not consulted beforehand. It’s being described as an “impulse decision” by #WWE CEO Vince McMahon.

With the absence of Barrios and Wilson, Paul Levesque (aka Triple H) was reportedly told he may be needed to “step up,” even if he doesn’t want to.

There is such panic internally that at least in the moment, a source tells me other higher ups in #WWE are at least considering resigning.

If the quarterly results next week are as bad as I’m being told then you have to look at why those results continue to be below expectations. Losing money under Paul’s leadership on NXT? Too much money in talent contracts? Badly written TV shows, with the wrong leading actors?

A source also told me WWE P.R. is on standby after the next quarterly report comes out, for damage control. There’s an internal belief that shares could drop significantly afterwards.

I’m being told that #WWE is currently considering former Walt Disney CFO James “Jay” Rasulo for the void left by Co-Presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson. No decision has been made yet, obviously. I haven’t heard of other potential candidates yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There's other issues going on as well. Rumored WWE is being investigated by the FCC for insider trading among the terrible 2020 target outcome they didn't get as close to many goals. I've read the Saudi renewal is not even close to done yet which is one of their biggest revenues helping WWE and their the FOX deal are two of their biggest earners that is helping WWE stay out of trouble with I believe The Network being part of the big 3.  Last year I was told Vince was being investigate along with WWE for insider trading and possible tax evasion but no one I talked to was able to get any further then saying they had heard about this rumor but the trail was pretty cold on it. Then in July it was reportedKevin Dunn sold 10K in WWE shares on the stocks. He then sold another 100K in Stocks in oct for a grand total of 110K sold along with other big shots selling HUGE AMOUNTS OF WWE STOCKS. Then yesterday we get the firings. Something stinks here and its not me because I just showered. It may not be huge news to wrestling fans but those who follow the stock market and all this is a pretty big deal. 

WWE Co-Presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson are out of WWE “effective immediately”. Frank Riddick will serve as interim CFO while WWE conducts a search for replacements.

Stocks went from $70-$9.55

Both were Fired btw. 

WWE fires Co presidents

I heard back in OCT that numerous people in the company sold numerous stocks just before the 3rd QTR update. Kevin Dunn sold over $100K of stock this after selling $10K in stock during the summer of 19. 

FCC investigation into insider trading 
According to the NYSE, WWE stock in the last month has had a high of $51.33 and a low of $45.10.  Not sure where you're getting your numbers from.

Users who are viewing this thread