What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

bcdjr1 said:
According to the NYSE, WWE stock in the last month has had a high of $51.33 and a low of $45.10.  Not sure where you're getting your numbers from.
When was that released because this all started Thursday

Breaking News from NJPWWORLD from New Beginning Sapporo Pre show G.O.D beat FinJuice at the New Beginning USA event to reclaim Heavyweight Tag Champs NJPW.com will have full coverage and video coming up Win was not without controversy however 

Might not be a RAW tonight. Really bad weather and most of the talent isn't there. WWE officials talking to Salt Lake City Mayor regarding the issue 

Breaking News from NJPWWORLD from New Beginning Sapporo Pre show G.O.D beat FinJuice at the New Beginning USA event to reclaim Heavyweight Tag Champs NJPW.com will have full coverage and video coming up Win was not without controversy however 
Surprise, surprise, my wife and I went to another New Japan show. The "controversy" is Tama Tonga clocked David Finlay with the title belt.

It's clear to me (and lots of others, I've no doubt) that Juice Robinson isn't the answer to the American audience. They cheered for G.o.D. louder and more frequently than for FinJuice, even YOSHI-HASHI was more over than Juice. This audience wants the Japanese wrestlers on these tours instead of being headlined by native English speakers.

Surprise, surprise, my wife and I went to another New Japan show. The "controversy" is Tama Tonga clocked David Finlay with the title belt.

It's clear to me (and lots of others, I've no doubt) that Juice Robinson isn't the answer to the American audience. They cheered for G.o.D. louder and more frequently than for FinJuice, even YOSHI-HASHI was more over than Juice. This audience wants the Japanese wrestlers on these tours instead of being headlined by native English speakers.
I think NJPW is worried about the language barrier which is why they had Omega as Champ for so long. FinnJuice is decent but doesn't connect like G.o.D does and plus Tama has awesome twitter game too. A lot of people in Philly were disappointed we didn't get Okada during the Fighting Spirit Unleashed where Mass and NYC did get them. We did get Tana and Naito plus G.o.D who were very over. 

take it with a grain of salt, but I’m getting information that wwe is interested in doing TLC 4, one last time. It would be interesting to see if wwe keeps the Hardys longer or they just do it without them. Christian is cleared for competition.

This would be interesting. 

This show is happening but anything that happens is on the mayor and WWE 

Brad Shepard of ProSportsExtra.com & OYDKWS

@TheBradShepard

I’m told the governor’s office has advised the city and WWE will be held responsible for any mishaps in and around the facility. The ultimate decision now rests in the hands of the mayor and Vince McMahon.

Wrestling Twitter makes me laugh. Timothy Thatcher, potentially, signing WWE/NXT UK is the last last last last straw for them. They are either giving up wrestling or going all-in on the WWE product. Guy is good, guy is entertaining, but I don't see this as a savior or ruin of the indie scene.

Wrestling Twitter makes me laugh. Timothy Thatcher, potentially, signing WWE/NXT UK is the last last last last straw for them. They are either giving up wrestling or going all-in on the WWE product. Guy is good, guy is entertaining, but I don't see this as a savior or ruin of the indie scene.
He was in Walter's faction (The Germany version of Imperium) with him Wolf and Bartel 

Ryan Satan is reporting WWE signed Killer Kross but that was like the worst kept secrete in the world. Of corse WWE used it to announce it on Backstage. 

Also wrestling twitter is bi polar as ####. For the longest time everyone loved Becky and now most of those people are against her. There were numerous people who loved NXT now say it sucks. Finn Balor fans turning on him etc etc. One week people love Vince the next they are hating him. Then the fans who turn on one another simple because you like or dislike a certain wrestler or a certain Dirt sheet writer. I like certain guys do to experiences I've had with them. I hate others do to experiences I've had with them or stuff they've said but someone finds out you like someone they don't they go after you. 

I hate Sean Ross Sapp and was blocked by a fan who also listens to the same podcast as me and was on said podcast a few times as a caller. I called fightful out on an article a week or so ago and this dude has to chime in. For whatever reason he starts going off on how regurgitating what Brad Sheppard says isn't good. I asked where the hell that came from? Yes I've tweeted Brad but we've always had a friendly debate even if we didn't agree on everything. He's hates Becky I like her. He thinks wrestlers should be like Brock I don't but it's never a heated get personal discussion. Sean on the other hand is very full of himself and his site hides content behind a paid wall that most sites put out for free. Kind of a douchy move if you ask me. There's other stuff SRS does that really bothers me too and I think the guy is a liar. He wants to be taken seriously as an integral wrestling journalists but acts like a fool half the time. 

Point is I disagreed with Fightful's article and called them out on it. One of their fans acted like I disrespected their mother and had a hissy fit about it and SRS and the dude blocked me. Meanwhile said twitter user who we followed each other and always had a friendly debate goes off on me for simple calling out fightful, has to have the last laugh and then blocks me before I can respond. Thats wrestling twitter in a nut shell 

I could go on twitter tonight with the Killer Kross news and basically say I think Killer Kross is incredible overrate and just getting a lot of attention because he was a Victim of a company so every other company wants to "Be that company" that "does the right thing" and signs him. Good for him though maximizing his value. I guarantee you half the fans would agree and the other half with call me an idiot who doesn't know wrestling and likes Big guys like Braun and Brock as Champions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
DJackson10 said:
take it with a grain of salt, but I’m getting information that wwe is interested in doing TLC 4, one last time. It would be interesting to see if wwe keeps the Hardys longer or they just do it without them. Christian is cleared for competition.

This would be interesting. 
Man who wants to see these guys doing that at their age with their health histories... If Christian can work, let him work.  I feel about this like I do the jackass guys throwing themselves off roofs at age 50

Man who wants to see these guys doing that at their age with their health histories... If Christian can work, let him work.  I feel about this like I do the jackass guys throwing themselves off roofs at age 50
Rather see that over Braun vs Goldberg and the countless other feuds they've done millions of times

LOL some fan attacked MJF at the end. Its still real to him dammit!!!!!! Warlord just kicked the #### out of the guy 
You mean the "fan" who was wearing wresting shorts and knee pads, was "punched" in the back by MJF and Wardlow a few times and then crawled behind the black curtain as Wardlow just put his hand on his back??   Yeah, he really got the #### kicked out of him.

Rather see that over Braun vs Goldberg and the countless other feuds they've done millions of times
I don’t mind seeing them, even in a straight match.  Do  it as an angle to say “Lets prove who’s best WITHOUT the gimmicks” and then you slowly introduce it so they’re exciting surprises and not have high Expectations

Sounds like the 10 lashes segment on AEW was intense and cringe worthy, but you couldn't look away. Would loved to have been in the booking meeting when that was decided. Cody is like "let's do the Tommy Dreamer caning spot, but worse". That guy does love the business and gives his full mind, body and blood.

For those who want a little more on Fergal Devitt AKA Finn Balor's past if you have Amazon Prime there is a 2015 documentary about 45Mins long that was made I was unaware of. It basically follows Devitt through his last tour of Japan from being home in Bray County Ireland to wrestling in Scottish promotion ICW which he had many friends. Both Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson now in WWE are main focuses midway to the end of the documentary as they follow Bullet Club. There's a ton of info I learned and they show how he gets the paint on as well. During his last match while getting ready he says his wrestling gear is all custom made. He has a Partnership with Armani exchange which I never knew about and is pretty cool. Pretty emotional documentary I must say. I also didn't realize when the Gajin are in Japan they stay at the Dojo instead of a hotel (At least those who came from the Dojo. For those always wondering what it looks like you get a fairly nice idea what it is. The local Typhoon recently where Jon Moxley couldn't make it flooded most of the first floor and basement in 2019. Finally this documentary shows how close Anderson, Gallows, Devitt and Bad Luck Fale really are.

I highly recommend it for anyone trying to get a better idea on Finn Balor who's Heel Prince Balor character is a similar Watertown version of his Prince Devitt Bullet Club one. I recommend it for any one who's a fan of NJPW or a fan of Fergal Devitt. Heck even as a wrestling fan it's a nice not long documentary you can find new appreciation for the business.  

Sounds like the 10 lashes segment on AEW was intense and cringe worthy, but you couldn't look away. Would loved to have been in the booking meeting when that was decided. Cody is like "let's do the Tommy Dreamer caning spot, but worse". That guy does love the business and gives his full mind, body and blood.
It was hard to watch.  The thing is, Dreamer getting caned was in the context of him controversially losing a Singapore Cane match against Sandman when he was a white meat babyface.  I mean, he was wearing suspenders in the match for Heaven's sake!  The caning helped make his reputation in the ECW Arena and set his career on the path it did.  (Though, back then, I would've gladly kissed Woman's :wub:  feet and taken the caning as penance.  :lol:  )

Conversely, Cody is already over with the fans and IMO the whipping wasn't necessarily needed.  Everyone has sympathy for him.

I feel embarrassed for Pete Dunne to have to be in a tag team with such a douchnoozle. The dude went from British Strong Style to teaming with a guy who couldn't lace up non of those 3 boots and is more famous for his Social media outbursts then his wrestling 

I feel embarrassed for Pete Dunne to have to be in a tag team with such a douchnoozle. The dude went from British Strong Style to teaming with a guy who couldn't lace up non of those 3 boots and is more famous for his Social media outbursts then his wrestling 
Riddle just signed with the wrong company. He's a fine wrestler. Probably one of the quickest to ever pick it up. WWE signed him after 3 years of him even training. 95% of these indy guys WWE signs I've never even heard of. Riddle wasn't one of those.

It was a stupid idea to throw them together and win it. It only makes the established teams (and tag team wrestling in general) look bad. They're both singles guy. Was every bit as stupid of having Aleister Black/Riccohet team. If 2 guys they're just going to throw together each year are going to win, just scrap the whole ####### thing. It gets absolutely no one over.

Riddle already knows he can make money wherever he goes and I expect him to keep talking. Probably in his own best interest for his brand rather than be a jobber guy dancing with No Way Jose on mind-numbingly boring weekly main roster programming.

Tom Servo said:
Some band called Bowling for Soup has a song called Alexa Bliss.  The video’s theme plays off Weird Science. 
They aren't some band they were one of the best Punk Rock bands when everyone was going through their Punk Emo stage in my Middle School/HS years. They are pretty good. My MS/HS years were from1999-2006. I got the notification of the release on my Amazon Music app 

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Riddle just signed with the wrong company. He's a fine wrestler. Probably one of the quickest to ever pick it up. WWE signed him after 3 years of him even training. 95% of these indy guys WWE signs I've never even heard of. Riddle wasn't one of those.

It was a stupid idea to throw them together and win it. It only makes the established teams (and tag team wrestling in general) look bad. They're both singles guy. Was every bit as stupid of having Aleister Black/Riccohet team. If 2 guys they're just going to throw together each year are going to win, just scrap the whole ####### thing. It gets absolutely no one over.

Riddle already knows he can make money wherever he goes and I expect him to keep talking. Probably in his own best interest for his brand rather than be a jobber guy dancing with No Way Jose on mind-numbingly boring weekly main roster programming.
Thats exactly where this clown belongs. I see nothing of him being great. He may have picked it up easily but you knew him because he was a big name in MMA who got suspended for basically smoking too much pot. He also got a lot of special treatment in the Indies (similar to Brock does) in the Indies because of his name afforded him better opportunities. I've talked to Indie people who have worked with him and he's difficult to work with and they say he's real entitled. He was given opportunities do to his name which is ironic when he goes after Brock because Riddle got the same treatment in the Indies. He's quickly making enemies in WWE with a hell of a lot of people. He also had the same personality in MMA. He desrespected countless Veterans and Ultimate Fighter 7 Rampage vs Griffin he got in a fight disrespecting one of the other contestants who was a veteran of the sport. The dude has always been an entitled #####. One of the reasons he never last anywhere is because his personality wears out his welcome. I won't go as far to say Matt Riddle can't wrestle or anything because he can. However he'd be better in a tag team not as a singles guy. if he ever makes the main roster he'd have to be teamed up with someone. This guy does nothing to relate to me character wise either. All he does is remind of of a hippie or the potheads in my school days who skipped classes or ended up dropping out at some point. And this isn't me being biased vs Cannabis either. I'm a pro advocate on it should be legal and leagues should let athletes use this as opposed to pain killers and all. 

I've know most of the Indy names who have come through but I've had ROH and CZW in my area for yrs (which many of these Indy guys worked at one time or another. I knew who Moxley was before many knew him as Dean Ambrose in WWE. I wouldn't say its totally your fault for not knowing the names of the talent but I do suggest spreading your horizons on wrestling material if you haven't watched any Indies and you won't be so caught off guard on them if and when they sign in WWE. 

I wouldn't say its totally your fault for not knowing the names of the talent but I do suggest spreading your horizons on wrestling material if you haven't watched any Indies and you won't be so caught off guard on them if and when they sign in WWE. 
I have zero interest in watching indy wrestling or WWE. Watching flip flops and no selling isn't why I became a wrestling fan. Certainly wouldn't be a wrestling fan today if this was the product presented when I was younger. Choreographed gymnastics isn't my thing. Outside of Rumble/Mania/NWA, I only watch clips and reading news/results of wrestling today.

Riddle stands no shot of surviving in WWE. Not because he's not good enough but because he's shown no indication he'll be a corporate shill and toe the company line. It doesn't take much to stick in WWE.....just keep your mouth shut about how terrible the product, don't embarrass the company, etc.....  :shrug:  

I have zero interest in watching indy wrestling or WWE. Watching flip flops and no selling isn't why I became a wrestling fan. Certainly wouldn't be a wrestling fan today if this was the product presented when I was younger. Choreographed gymnastics isn't my thing. Outside of Rumble/Mania/NWA, I only watch clips and reading news/results of wrestling today.

Riddle stands no shot of surviving in WWE. Not because he's not good enough but because he's shown no indication he'll be a corporate shill and toe the company line. It doesn't take much to stick in WWE.....just keep your mouth shut about how terrible the product, don't embarrass the company, etc.....  :shrug:  
It's not being a corporate Shill as much as it's don't embarrass us or yourself. You'll be fine. And heck if you are buddy buddy with Hunter already you are in business. 

Thats on you and trust me you are just reaching for the stereotype the older fans and people like Vader and others go to, that basically tries to undermine the talent and ability of these guys today. If you are watching a Young Bucks match then yeah thats true but watch what the Juniors in NJPW are doing or the X Division of Impact. It's not all flips and no selling. Theres a lot great ring workers and technician and submission wrestlers in those divisions too. The old heads just want to use the stereotypes to discredit them because honestly they all know some of these guys today their actual wrestling ability would've exposed the lack there of in many in the older days including Hogan. Thats fine if its not something you're interested in just don't make the stereotype conclusions on it because it does nothing than make you look bitter and discredit the wrestlers today. 

Personally if NWA was all that was on TV back in my day or I grew up in that time (I've thought about this a lot and told people) I probably wouldn't be a fan today. I grew up with ECW and WWE and WCW.  ECW introduced me to the Lucha style which I loved (Because I could related to those guys more size wise) and introduced me to Rey Mystero, Psiciosis, Jericho, Muta, Liger, etc. I also never was a Hogan fan. I think NWA is incredible cheesy and absolutely borefest. I tried watching a few episodes and fell asleep. It's ashame because I do like a lot of the talent over there. I grew up with a ton of people who really liked wrestling and knew a lot of the secrets already. There were already rumors about Hogan Juicing in the 90s when I was younger. I personally think even watching his NJPW stuff was pretty boring. He was pretty exposed in Japan. I think his gimmick was one of the cheapest pops ever. You can get a great cheap pop politician, celebrity etc playing some American Patriot type gimmick will always get you brownie points. Look props to Vince, WWF and Hulk Hogan for using it and helping get Hogan over and the Business more mainstream back then but the he was not genuine over like say Daniel Bryan became with Fans or Punk or Randy Savage back in the day. I was more of a Randy Savage/Steamboat guy. I also grew up in ECW country. Literally 30 mins from my house was the 2300 arena and where Dreamer and Heyman would have wrestlers do the promos is about 10 mins from me. A lot of the alumni ended up staying in this area or comeback often.

Combat Zone Wrestling started in this area as well as Ring of Honor that was HQ'd literally across the street from my Brothers apartment when he went to Drexel University. I got to go to many shows. I saw Punk, Aj Styles, Samoa Joe, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, Brian Kendrick, among others known in WWE or else where well before they came house hold names. CZW I got to see Jon Moxley before people knew him as Dean Ambrose. Over the last 3 or so yrs now Id go to CZW shows and everyone including the staff and wrestlers would say Mox needs to get the #### out of WWE. He clearly isn't happy. They did him dirty and he's so watered down. He looks like a complete joke. Only thing that kept him there was his Wife. Literally. Thats it. If he never married Renee or they never dated Moxley probably would've left in similar fashion as Punk. He had moments where he thought about pulling a Punk and walking straight out but given his relationship with Young he felt given how Petty the WWE can be he didn't want something to happen to screw her over. These are all guys I grew up on or with. 

Yes I liked Undertaker and Kane. Grew to Appreciate Scott Hall a lot more in his later years. But I also loved the Hardy's. People especially the older crowd  need to realize the business is changing. Fans don't want to see big guys on the juice who can barely move in the ring "pretend fighting". We don't care about "Larger than Life" non believable characters. We want to see people we related too. Hence why Becky Lynch and Daniel Bryan got over. Why CM Punk was so popular. Yeah I'll hear look at ratings or attendance. Ok that has a lot to do with storylines and not proper character development. Also like I said about Finn Balor WWE waters down these guys move sets either for safety reasons or like many times its been reported Vince doesn't want some of these guys more over then hand picked talent he wants to shove down your throat as the face of the company. We get terrible storylines where a relative of the Samoan Dynasty is getting ####### Dog food thrown on him. We get a storyline involving one of your best heavyweights in Rusev with his smoking hot real life wife who were over in some cuckholding storyline with one of the worst wrestlers on the roster. You get people pushed who have zero business being pushed. You got a Heavyweight champ who clearly shows he doesn't give a flying #### about the business as your champ and the title is never on TV and never gets defended. Speaking of which I guess we don't have anymore a title needs to be defended anymore within 30 days or you drop it? or we only use that when it's convient for them. Characters are terrible. Know what's the best wrestling character? It's been said multiple times by many legends and newcomers. The best Character in the ring is your own personality amped up to 10. Give or take adding or subtracting stuff to make it work but WWE does nothing to let these guys be themselves. Some of them know how to do a proper promo but when you got people scripting them like robots and who have no idea what wrestling is writing bull#### for you it's coming off bad. You can tell what is and what isn't scripted. Usually non scripted is a way better promo. Guys who are allowed to go off script in WWE have always had better promos.  

Another great Show by NJPW this morning. Won't post spoilers but Kenta/Naito lived up to expectations. Mox/Suzuki was a battle which I think could've been a bit better. Really good show overall. 

Tom Servo said:
Some band called Bowling for Soup has a song called Alexa Bliss.  The video’s theme plays off Weird Science. 
Will have to admit, I marked pretty hard for this. BFS is a favorite, local boys done good and a great live and acoustic show. I think my love for Bliss has been well documented in this thread. And the wrestling ring they used for the end of the video is the MPX Arena where I take the kids on Saturday nights to watch live indie shows. The winner of the match is Lizzie Thorne who is doing great things in MPX and immediately became my daughter's favorite wrestler to cheer for (especially when she wrestles against the men). The loser Ali Bama is also making the towns locally. MPX had a tweet showing everyone from the video shoot a few days back, but I didn't put two and two together. Ember Moon was in the photo as well, and as a MPX alumni, I thought she just brought Bliss by during their run through town.

Tom Servo said:
It was hard to watch.  The thing is, Dreamer getting caned was in the context of him controversially losing a Singapore Cane match against Sandman when he was a white meat babyface.  I mean, he was wearing suspenders in the match for Heaven's sake!  The caning helped make his reputation in the ECW Arena and set his career on the path it did.  (Though, back then, I would've gladly kissed Woman's :wub:  feet and taken the caning as penance.  :lol:  )

Conversely, Cody is already over with the fans and IMO the whipping wasn't necessarily needed.  Everyone has sympathy for him.
Went back and watched the YouTube clip of the whole segment. It was weirdly perfectly paced and also too long. I think maybe I don't have Arn come down at all (or be down there from the beginning), and maybe have Dustin and The Bucks come down together. They needed to knock 3-4 mins off of it. MJF is a master heel already. Little things like demanding Cody's belt because his is good and the nutshot at the end were genius moves. 

Still not sure if "lashing" as any kind of punishment/challenge is smart, but it got people talking, people hunting down the clip.

The latest BTE is up and Orange Cassidy meets Arthur and Trevor. :lmao:

"It's a proven fact that watching his matches cures scurvy."  :lmao:   :lmao:  

Joey Ryan has a new gimmick. Apparent heel turn and resurrection/throwback of the Right To Censor. Lol. https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1226715953292906499

He had a tremendous gimmick - and I'm certain it will come back at some point - but this is a really smart move on his part. I was a fan of sleazy Joey Ryan, but this version of Ryan could be gold too.
His gimmick was an embarrassment too wrestling. I know some fans liked it for whatever reason but whenever I saw people making fun of it his clips were always used 

EC3 has't been on TV (Not even a squash match because he recently asked for a release. His Contract is up in June. The Iconics also asked to leave (Peyton Royce not surprised) both are probably going to AEW because of Royce Fiancee Being Shawn Spears. Their contract is up in May and requested their release in November. 

Matt Hardy if and when he debuts in AEW his new persona will be Dark Soul Hardy

According to Brad Sheppard another wrestler did violate the wellness policy. Unlike the rumors saying it was Samoa Joe its said Rey Mystero violated the wellness policy. Interesting since his contract is up soon 

Caught up on NWA Powerrr on You Tube. Random thoughts:

• The presentation is great. One hour is the perfect time. The studio feel has grown on me. The fake commercials and real ones are great. They are getting sneaky good with guys like Sean Mooney, Stu Bennett and Elijah Burke on commentary.
  • Thunder Rosa, Ashley Vox and Allysin Kay are really great performers and great stars to build the women's division around. But they will need more women soon. I'm pretty unimpressed with the others, including the returning Melina. But with only an hour a week to fill, they can slow play this division.
  • Nick Aldis is the perfect heel champion for this company. I have no idea how the WWE would bury him, but he is perfect here. He's channeling Ric Flair without the dramatics and balances the reverence to the NWA history with moving forward into new stories.
  • With apologies to Aldis, Ricky Starks and Aron Stevens, my absolute favorite guy to watch is Eli Drake. Part Stone Cold, part The Rock, part Chris Jericho, he does everything really well and is fun to watch.
  • I loved all things 80s wrestling, and probably cried when my issue of PWI showed them beating the evil Russians for tag team gold, but I do not need 61 and 63 year old Rock-N-Roll Express still wrestling, or talking. I get why Corgan and Lagana brought them in, but I hope it ends pretty quickly. 
  • Kamille is the real deal. Super hot, great size and look and has taken a massive bump and given a great spear in her short time here. She will be a star in any company.

Users who are viewing this thread