What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (6 Viewers)

NWA posted a 90 min show on YouTube last night. Was a canned show, with actual people in the stands, the go home show before what was supposed to be Crockett Cup. Was weird, but nice, seeing a cheering crowd. Nothing of significant, was bummed they replayed all of the Kamille stuff exactly has it had been shown a couple weeks ago by itself, but beggars can't be choosers. Eli Drake is still super entertaining. At one point, he says James Storm's catchphrase and they have a moment. Was hilarious without over the top.

They are promoting a new show for next week, Carnyland. Kinda looking forward to seeing what it is. Leaning hard into the old school traditions and kayfabe could be really fun. Again, if any promotion can gain momentum during this f'd up time, I think it's NWA.

NWA posted a 90 min show on YouTube last night. Was a canned show, with actual people in the stands, the go home show before what was supposed to be Crockett Cup. Was weird, but nice, seeing a cheering crowd. Nothing of significant, was bummed they replayed all of the Kamille stuff exactly has it had been shown a couple weeks ago by itself, but beggars can't be choosers. Eli Drake is still super entertaining. At one point, he says James Storm's catchphrase and they have a moment. Was hilarious without over the top.

They are promoting a new show for next week, Carnyland. Kinda looking forward to seeing what it is. Leaning hard into the old school traditions and kayfabe could be really fun. Again, if any promotion can gain momentum during this f'd up time, I think it's NWA.
Somebody called into Busted Open Radio yesterday and kept saying keyfob or keyfib.  Bully Ray was giving the guy all kinds of grief by asking him about this term. :lol:  

Becky Vacated the title at the tapings 

SPOILER: Sammy Is scheduled to drop the title due to “injury”. A tournament is set to begin this week. This is why Cesaro is on his own and maybe paired again with Sheamus to fill the gap for the Usos Tournament will be for a number one contender
Lmao I don't know anything about this at all, but I grew up watching 90s wrestling. I can't help it.....anytime I read someone forfeiting a title due to "injury", my mind immediately goes "classic Shawn move".

I lost my smile  :cry:

:lmao:   :lmao:

NXT apparently moving to Tuesdays will be Regal's announcement 

wwe apparently will announce today that NXT is moving to Tuesday’s

Sammy Zayn's contract has been frozen just like Roman so he's not being paid. Word is Sammy will pull a PAC and let his contract just run out and leave.

Lmfao. I’ll take that as Vince’s white flag. AEW won.
Even though the announcement was In Your House Takeover it sounds like they are looking to possible do this. A lot of people said the minute WWE goes on TV Vince will ruin it like ECW was when It went from streamed on WWE website to TV. 

Agreed. And why settle for 50 percent (or slightly less) of the pie on Wednesday when you can have 99 percent of the pie on Tuesday (NWA gets that other 1 percent).
Since Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr starts at 6:05 PM and I'm assuming NXT starts at 8, there's no reason at all to split there either.

ETA: Impact (again) will take a hit from this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Hardy with that cringe gimmick has killed AEW. Automatic channel change when he comes on. 
Company was on a downward spiral in ratings before Hardy came and has continued. I agree his gimmick will suck unless you put in cinematic setting. And who really knows if that gimmick has already run its' course. Parts of the stuff they did with him in TNA was very good IMO.

They've already lost 50+% of the audience since premiere months ago. The folks that wanted to give something new a chance have already left. And what's left is your small dwindling audience. Just like Cody wanted it...

Wrestling Boom BTW

Watched parts of this. Wasn't good, wasn't bad. Too long IMO and lost my interest (as you mentioned the entire Kamille stuff was a replay which really didn't make any sense given it's already available on demand on Youtube). I think they've got it perfect with 1 hour or less weekly with their regular Powerrrs.

Watched parts of this. Wasn't good, wasn't bad. Too long IMO and lost my interest (as you mentioned the entire Kamille stuff was a replay which really didn't make any sense given it's already available on demand on Youtube). I think they've got it perfect with 1 hour or less weekly with their regular Powerrrs.
Agreed about the length of time. Their sweet spot is somewhere around that 45-55 min mark. Recap segment, squash match putting someone new over, interview segment that leads into an impromptu match to move a story line along, main event/surprise reveal. That allows for three "commercial" segments and you get out of there.

Company was on a downward spiral in ratings before Hardy came and has continued. I agree his gimmick will suck unless you put in cinematic setting. And who really knows if that gimmick has already run its' course. Parts of the stuff they did with him in TNA was very good IMO.

They've already lost 50+% of the audience since premiere months ago. The folks that wanted to give something new a chance have already left. And what's left is your small dwindling audience. Just like Cody wanted it...

Wrestling Boom BTW
What do you mean by this?  I have no opinion on AEW other than liking the idea of competition for WWE.

Wrestling Boom BTW
Agree his stuff in Impact was great and it was fresh. It’s absolutely run it’s course though. Very hard to watch. 

Since Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr starts at 6:05 PM and I'm assuming NXT starts at 8, there's no reason at all to split there either.

ETA: Impact (again) will take a hit from this.
IMPACT already takes a hit as not every household in the US has Axxess and only so many fans will go and bother watching it on twitch (if they still air it live on there). 

What do you mean by this?  I have no opinion on AEW other than liking the idea of competition for WWE.
He tweeted awhile back to the extent "They're not wanting to add new fans. Only to try to keep the ones they have".  Not going to try to drudge up the tweet. Was many months back. Needless to say, isn't surprising whatsoever to see their ratings down 50+% already.

Cody'a a good midcard act with his ability to cut solid promos. Everything else IMO he's woefully underqualified at.

A little teaser but I may or may not have a bombshell involving two WWE superstars I got from my coworker who got me the USO story last year involving Jimmy’s cheating on Naomi. This news has nothing to do with them but makes a ton of sense 

A little teaser but I may or may not have a bombshell involving two WWE superstars I got from my coworker who got me the USO story last year involving Jimmy’s cheating on Naomi. This news has nothing to do with them but makes a ton of sense 
Don't be a c-tease DJax.  Spill it!  :D  

I gotta be honest guys, I haven't watched any wrestling since it went empty arena. I love it but damn the crowd makes such a difference I didn't appreciate before.

I just feel awful that Moxley's inaugural title run got caught up in the middle of this.

Don't be a c-tease DJax.  Spill it!  :D  
I can't just yet it's pretty sensitive info similar to the Naomi/Jimmy issue. I sourced that info like no other and had sources check with sources that went up to WWE legal on that. Trust me if the info is solid (Which it is a lot of the time when its from my coworker) it's worth the wait 

I gotta be honest guys, I haven't watched any wrestling since it went empty arena. I love it but damn the crowd makes such a difference I didn't appreciate before.

I just feel awful that Moxley's inaugural title run got caught up in the middle of this.
AEW isn't that hard to watch as they have the mid and lower card talent plus people from the back producers and such in as a stand in crowd. 

When does AEW Dark become their Tuesday show??  I know TNT gave them a second show and it was assumed to be moving Dark to TV.  Interesting to see how NXT does against the AEW second show

When does AEW Dark become their Tuesday show??  I know TNT gave them a second show and it was assumed to be moving Dark to TV.  Interesting to see how NXT does against the AEW second show
Many thought it'd already happen. They might be waiting until the 1 yrs anniversary on TV to announce it possible or maybe the next Double or Nothing as they usually make some major announcements there as well. 

OK this news is now nowhere close to what I thought I had now. Lets get to the basics here. My Co worker works part time WWE production and his buddies DM him every now and then some stuff going on backstage. They had been in the middle of talking about Becky when his one co worker messaged him "Oh btw Finn Balor is a new daddy." my Friend/Co worker thought they were still on Becky's pregnancy. I asked him more detail today and he didn't realize Finn Balor had gotten married in the last 6-8 months. We realized we believe his co worker was saying Finns wife is pregnant as well. 

The Original rumor I had was Beckys baby was with Finn so I thought I had a big cheating scandal news but it was more so a miscommunication. My friend is older and had some heart issues and the meds he takes has him lose short term memory so he may have also forgot they were on the subject of Balor and not Becky anymore. Either way this is why I source and double check myself before putting it out there.    

This isn't to say the original may not be true though. Everyone I talked to has not heard (what I original asked of Becky's baby being Finn's) but both situations could happen and people may just deny even if the one is true. 

WWE has released Philly Native Drew Gulak. I think his contract was up but trying to get more info on this. Gulak's brother has been involved in a lot of legal issues lately as well. Drew has been a big draw on SDL in recent months working with Daniel Bryan. Would love to see Drew in AEw or NJPW or come home and go back to CZW. 

Tom Servo said:
Is that you, Dave Meltzer?  :planschange:
The sad thing about Meltzer is if he had reported what I original I thought was a big story and was proven wrong he'd do everything possible to not apologize or say "whoops sorry I apologize I had received bad info or there was some miscommunication between my source and I or someone else involved. 

Andre is a legend, but I have read too many stories now about him taking liberties with guys he didn't like in the ring, and no one could do anything about it due to his size.  It was Andre basically being a bully and taking advantage of his size by abusing whoever he wanted just because he felt like it.  Basically, if Andre didn't like you for real and you had to wrestle him, he was going to shoot on you in the ring and beat the hell out of you.  Sure, sometimes it was to teach someone a lesson (see: Ultimate Warrior), but not always.  Go back on YT and watch the match he had with the Iron Sheik in the early 80's.  He throws his manager on his face after the match before the Sheik had a chance to protect himself.  Total ##### move.

Users who are viewing this thread