What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Not a big deal. WWE lives rent free in AEW talent's heads anyway :lol:  

But can you really fault 69 year old JR here? Look left, look right.... it's WWE castoffs everywhere. :lol:  

Nice of Tony to pay a lot of those guy's pensions :lmao:  
Plus that dude, for 20 years in such a key position both on tv and backstage, dude ate breathed dreamed s### WWE. There's not a day that will go by for the rest of his life that he doesn't have at least one thought or memory of his time there.

That one thought that day just happened to slip out on his sign off that episode lol.

Bailey injured during training and will be out for nine months. Sucks that it's happening right when the fans are coming back.

Like always, it wouldn't hurt for WWE to remove her from all TV and media and let her have that HHH MSG return pop.

🤔 I don't like A&W and do think it'd be the ultimate way to use Cornette's hate of...well, everything....against him.

Where was I Wednesday night 🤔
Cornette quote tweeted the chump, saying:

Got news for you dip####, the ring is sacred ground for US, and even if you and a lot of others THINK you can kick the #### out of the Young Bucks, I would have turned you into a tennis racket popsicle, & you're lucky someone there didn't gut you like a fish. And you're blocked.

Followed by Jericho:

Do you really think @TheJimCornette  would condone this you ####in loser? Jimmy would’ve shoved a tennis racket up your ### and smashed your car windows.

Some other guy added to the dogpile by tweeting:

this you being dragged out like a kindergartner who just #### his pants at story time? that was the most ####ified attempt at anything i have ever seen in my 34 years of life. you couldn't even get past one security guy half your size and justin roberts, you ####### clown!

It's something, alright...

Tom Servo said:

Got news for you dip####, the ring is sacred ground for US, and even if you and a lot of others THINK you can kick the #### out of the Young Bucks, I would have turned you into a tennis racket popsicle, & you're lucky someone there didn't gut you like a fish. And you're blocked.

Followed by Jericho:

Do you really think @TheJimCornette  would condone this you ####in loser? Jimmy would’ve shoved a tennis racket up your ### and smashed your car windows.

this you being dragged out like a kindergartner who just #### his pants at story time? that was the most ####ified attempt at anything i have ever seen in my 34 years of life. you couldn't even get past one security guy half your size and justin roberts, you ####### clown!

Fan worked the boys. He got the attention he wanted!

Most realistic action you'll ever see on A&W :lmao:  

Unless your idea of action and wrestling is this....

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllEliteBotches/status/1413463978706096128

:lmao:  Seriously. What in the actual #### is this? It's not wrestling. Or anything close to it. 

Tom Servo said:

Followed by Jericho:

He's lucky this wasn't ECW back in the day. 

Ring invader shows up

*Paul E Heyman calls to the Back* "Hey New Jack and Dudley's we got FN' clown in the ring!!!!!! Mind taking out the trash?"

New Jack and Dudley's proceed to the ring, New Jack cuts him open the hard way, Devon Get the Tables!!!!!, Tables out and Lighter Fluid!!!!!! *Joey Styles* "OMG!!!!!!!! Table is lit on Fire and Dudley's give him a 3D into it. "That Man is on Fire!!""

Or Tommy Dreamer and Sandman come to the ring and proceed to tie his arms into the ring ropes and cane him to death. 

:lmao:  Seriously. What in the actual #### is this? It's not wrestling. Or anything close to it. 
He's now playing hide the baloney in Prison per reports. 

Why am I not surprised he has the typical Dbag meme profile  (Face profile with sunglasses on close up)? 

Atlas Security was not working the event as they had for AEW but haven't for most of Covid. ATLAS was the main security in ECW back in the day and this guy is really lucky he's not in a hospital bed sipping his food through a straw. Justin Roberts is then who haul this clown away too. 

Ring invader shows up

*Paul E Heyman calls to the Back* "Hey New Jack and Dudley's we got FN' clown in the ring!!!!!! Mind taking out the trash?"

New Jack and Dudley's proceed to the ring, New Jack cuts him open the hard way, Devon Get the Tables!!!!!, Tables out and Lighter Fluid!!!!!! *Joey Styles* "OMG!!!!!!!! Table is lit on Fire and Dudley's give him a 3D into it. "That Man is on Fire!!""

Or Tommy Dreamer and Sandman come to the ring and proceed to tie his arms into the ring ropes and cane him to death. 
Imma need a :link:  because I'd love to see this.

Ring invader shows up

Or the fans would throw 200 chairs on top of him.

RIP Mr Wonderful :(  
Sad day indeed. 

The MVP of the first Wrestlemania. Piper would not eat a pin from anyone, much less Hogan, so Orndorff not only was the workhouse of the match, but looked up at the lights for the loss.

After that, was pretty much babyface number two behind Hogan, teaming with Hogan on house shows against Piper and Orton, and then fighting Piper, Orton and Heenan's Army while Hogan defended his title against others. But then just as quickly went back to being a heel, fighting Hogan. During that time, hurt his arm badly, but kept wrestling to get those big checks instead of taking time off.

Always a solid, friendly guy who loved the business and loved to be a heel or face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad day indeed. 

The MVP of the first Wrestlemania. Piper would not eat a pin from anyone, much less Hogan, so Orndorff not only was the workhouse of the match, but looked up at the lights for the loss.

After that, was pretty much babyface number two behind Hogan, teaming with Hogan on house shows against Piper and Orton, and then fighting Piper, Orton and Heenan's Army while Hogan defended his title against others. But then just as quickly went back to being a heel, fighting Hogan. During that time, hurt his arm badly, but kept wrestling to get those big checks instead of taking time off.

Always a solid, friendly guy who loved the business and loved to be a heel or face.
Hogan/Orndorff in Toronto (Aug ‘86) helped push WWF toward WMIII being as big as it became. 

Bucks matches in particular aren't wrestling.  It's a bunch of moves strung together.  And at least in AEW they don't do it well enough to hide that fact, when so often it's not just that it's moves strung together but also the timing is #### so it's also standing around and waiting for your opponent to get in the right spot in order to do the next move you planned backstage.

Bucks matches in particular aren't wrestling.  It's a bunch of moves strung together.  And at least in AEW they don't do it well enough to hide that fact, when so often it's not just that it's moves strung together but also the timing is #### so it's also standing around and waiting for your opponent to get in the right spot in order to do the next move you planned backstage.
I'm not a fan of the Bucks at all. I really don't see the hype.

Kelsey Heather made wrestling history on Monday night by appearing on AEW & WWE programming on the same night. 
She wrestled Legit Layla Hirsh on Dark: Elevation and appeared as one of Bobby Lashley’s “sisters” on Raw.  Both shows were taped. 

If you've listened to Busted Open Radio, one of the frequent callers is Izzy, a fourteen year old girl from Florida.  She's usually behind the scenes at NXT and has interviewed several wrestlers.

She was in photographs of Tessa Blanchard this week; one was of her lifting weights with the former Impact World Champion and the other was a pool party.

I'm guessing her parents have either cash, stroke, or both to get her this kind of access.  Given that she wants to pursue a career in wrestling when she graduates, having friends in the business can't hurt.  The kid knows what she wants, and she's chasing that dream.  I can't hate on that.

If you've listened to Busted Open Radio, one of the frequent callers is Izzy, a fourteen year old girl from Florida.  She's usually behind the scenes at NXT and has interviewed several wrestlers.

She was in photographs of Tessa Blanchard this week; one was of her lifting weights with the former Impact World Champion and the other was a pool party.

I'm guessing her parents have either cash, stroke, or both to get her this kind of access.  Given that she wants to pursue a career in wrestling when she graduates, having friends in the business can't hurt.  The kid knows what she wants, and she's chasing that dream.  I can't hate on that.
She has been a good story. I'm not sure what pull her parents have or don't have, but I remember her on early NXT tapings as "Bailey's biggest fan", dressed like Bailey and always had the corner seat at ringside. Sasha Banks made her cry and that was a NXT moment for a few weeks. Bailey would celebrate with her coming to the ring and they would toast belts once Bailey was champion.

I hope she succeeds. Has a real passion for the business.

Tom Servo said:

Picked the worst person to be around though 

I'm so behind on NJPW what should I watch and what should I skip? I'm still at where Osprey wins the title and haven't watched that yet. 

AEW I just haven't watched this past weeks dynamite. 

Haven't watched Slammiversary (didn't even know it was on) however Jay White showed up at the end. 

I'm not going to pretend to be an Impact fan but I do pay attention and they have been doing some good, compelling things.

What happened last night could be looked on as something special starting. This is Old School territories dream match making from back in the heyday of Pro Wrestling Illustrated when you would have Flair, Hogan and Rick Martel on the cover asking who would beat who. 

The biggest NJPW gaijin star right now shows up on Impact to confront the biggest star in AEW. (Thank God Vince didn't get a chance to F up either Jay White or Kenny Omega.) You have NWA signed star Thunder Rosa showing up to push the Impact champion. New Japan team FinJuice shows up and has a match. And I'm sure I am missing someone that someone will correct me on. But what you have is the "forbidden doors" not just opened but blown off the hinges. AEW, ROH, Impact, NWA, AAA and NJPW all working together. Rebel groups coming together to overthrow the boring juggernaut from Stamford. 

You want The Elite vs The Bullet Club. You may very well get it. Give me Deonna Purrazzo vs. Tessa Blanchard vs. Kamille. Give me Nick Aldis staring down the winner of Omega/White. This is the stuff we would fantasy book forever as kids. 

WWE production truck parked in Houston had Miro and the late John Huber on the side.  To be fair, they released so many people they probably don't know who they still have.

Glad to see them roll the dice and take a chance on Nikki Cross. They need to build some depth in the woman's division,  especially since Bayley is out and Sasha is flirting with Hollywood now.

I was personally rooting for Nikki or Liv.

Having the crowd back is everything.

And I'm super invested in Liv now. And man, is Roman next level right now with promos. Loved the moment backstage with Jimmy and Jey.

Best match Ripley has had since she arrived on the main roster. Although it kinda looked like Charlotte sandbagged her on the awkward looking suplex spot.

I'm not going to pretend to be an Impact fan but I do pay attention and they have been doing some good, compelling things.

What happened last night could be looked on as something special starting. This is Old School territories dream match making from back in the heyday of Pro Wrestling Illustrated when you would have Flair, Hogan and Rick Martel on the cover asking who would beat who. 

The biggest NJPW gaijin star right now shows up on Impact to confront the biggest star in AEW. (Thank God Vince didn't get a chance to F up either Jay White or Kenny Omega.) You have NWA signed star Thunder Rosa showing up to push the Impact champion. New Japan team FinJuice shows up and has a match. And I'm sure I am missing someone that someone will correct me on. But what you have is the "forbidden doors" not just opened but blown off the hinges. AEW, ROH, Impact, NWA, AAA and NJPW all working together. Rebel groups coming together to overthrow the boring juggernaut from Stamford. 

You want The Elite vs The Bullet Club. You may very well get it. Give me Deonna Purrazzo vs. Tessa Blanchard vs. Kamille. Give me Nick Aldis staring down the winner of Omega/White. This is the stuff we would fantasy book forever as kids. 
These are video game matches and PPVs myself and many in my generation have made on WWE video games for awhile. 

Glad to see this happening but I still refuse to watch IMPACT. 

1. I ain't taking the time to get on twitch to watch this show. And to be fair the few times I've thought about tuning in I would then totally forget what time it was one and have myself occupied later. Glad they have a better commentary team because Josh Matthews was so cringe. 

2. If you remember a few yrs ago during Mania week they did a show PPV style special on Twitch and asked fans to provide their own commentary too it live. Well wouldn't you know a podcaster I listen too plus a buddy of mine both have their videos struck down for copyright infringement by IMPACT!!!! Yes the same company that ASKED FANS TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN LIVE COMMENTARY Struck their videos. My buddy lost his channel for good despite fighting it. The podcaster it took him a bit but thanks to people he knows in that field and his lawyer they were able to get his store and the video back. 

3. Awhile back they also allowed that dirtbag JDFROMNY (dude who make the Alexa Comments) to do some commentary for them despite the videos being out there (He's also referred to Titus O'neil in the back using black stereotypes involving catering and foods no one wants to talk about). 

4. Not a lot of big names or anything up and comers. Its mostly the WWE Midgard rejects, mixed with Indie guys who'd never make it to WWE or AEW besides a very select few. No-one besides Deonna and Sami and the Good Brothers really excite me and when Rich Swann is your title holder that Kenny Omega takes the belt from then theres a problem. '

5. I also have an issue with most of management being ok with what Tessa did prior to throwing her temper tantrum and then Mickie James defending her. There's still backstage issues and wrestlers not being properly paid I was told from people more in the know. 

It's ashame how far TNA/IMPACT has fallen. I know it was different management but don't forget what they did with the Hardyz either. I use to watch TNA/IMPACT constantly when it started with the 1 hr Sat nights at 10 or 11 on Spike TV at the time or whatever it was then. When TNA went live during the first 6 or so months and switched to Monday's opposite of RAW I found myself watching TNA more just hoping they'd become legit competition for WWE. Loved the Main Event Mafia, the originally LAX, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe with their battles with Angle, Sting etc, The X division at the time was amazing with Low Ki, Amazing Red, Pete Williams, Aries, King, etc. Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money, team 3D, Lethal Consequences, The Wolves, etc. Dixie Carter was great too. Such a sweet Lady I met at Lethal Lockdown in Philly when Foley/Sting wrestled. 

Users who are viewing this thread