What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Whoever the idiot in TNA at the time decided this I hope they were terminated fast

“Brock calls me. He is not in the WWE. He says, ‘Listen, man. Can you get me in TNA?’ I probably shouldn’t even be saying this now. But you know what? Brock doesn’t care. He said, ‘What are you making?’ And I said what I was making. He said, ‘If you can get me close to that, I’ll come.’ I approached TNA, and they said, ‘No, we’re not giving him that kind of money.'”
- Kurt Angle (via “The Kurt Angle Podcast”)

This probably has more to do with legal then anything else. Harder to get out of the game with the mocap stuff and all done already.

CM Punk will remain in the AEW “Fight Forever” game, despite possibly not being with the company anymore.
He has been removed from the cover art.

Barry Windham, the uncle of Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas, suffered a heart attack over the weekend and is currently in the ICU.
DSR and the whole wrestling community sends their thoughts and prayers to the Windham family at this incredibly difficult time.

Looks like Regal is the latest veteran to jump from the AEW ship. Sounds like he is another veteran who was not appreciated by the know-it-all younger generation. I have no doubt that CM Punk is a jerk, but you just know that once this all plays out that he will be proven mostly right. Tony Khan and his Buck buddies will be the downfall of what was a promising organization. You can almost set your watch to it. Their ratings are already plummeting.

Looks like Regal is the latest veteran to jump from the AEW ship. Sounds like he is another veteran who was not appreciated by the know-it-all younger generation. I have no doubt that CM Punk is a jerk, but you just know that once this all plays out that he will be proven mostly right. Tony Khan and his Buck buddies will be the downfall of what was a promising organization. You can almost set your watch to it. Their ratings are already plummeting.
Brian Pullman Jr. partly refuted the story, saying there were 6-10 regulars sitting under his tree before TV.

Brian Pullman Jr. partly refuted the story, saying there were 6-10 regulars sitting under his tree before TV.
You know who I bet weren't part of that group? The Elite and those in their orbit

Damage control.
It's already come out Regal regretted signing with A&W immediately due to immature management.

Imagine that.
Yep. AEW has already peaked and how quickly it falls apart will largely depend on how well WWE gets it together under Triple H.

Kylie Rae has been seen at the WWE Performance Center, most likely getting a tryout.
If she signs, her smiley gimmick needs to continue and eventually feud with Bailey. The program practically writes itself.

Two of my favorites for some time are Kylie Rae and Tegan Nox. One of the most fun I had watching a wrestling match was Kylie vs. Orange Cassidy a few years back. And I think Tegan could be a super-duper star, if only her knees will let her.

Hope WWE finds good stories for both of them.

Damage control.
It's already come out Regal regretted signing with A&W immediately due to immature management.

Imagine that.
Yep. AEW has already peaked and how quickly it falls apart will largely depend on how well WWE gets it together under Triple H.
Ironic the parallels between Regal/Punk/Cody leaving and dealing with talent that won't listen. Most of that roster is developmental level talent. Developmental level talent that won't listen to advice. Not a good sign.

Guys like Miro/Andrade/Black/FTR etc... (who have mostly not used at all) will be back in WWE the first shot they get out of their deals. Put Miro back with Lana & Zelina back with Andrade &/or Black. They were not content under Vince......and positioned worse now in AEW. They've even somehow made Danielson completely irrelevant which to me is completely unfathomable.

MJF/Ricky Starks/Max Caster are the 3 young guys in AEW that have any worth in the future (Wardlow isn't exactly young but will be WWE bound as well when able to move). I see all 3 jumping to WWE whenever they're able to. And WWE will bring back the prior defectors that are not being used/underutilized. And AEW will be left with a bunch of indy talent that don't draw a dime like the Balding Bucks/Omega plus Jericho riding out a long-term deal in a sinking ship company.

Last edited:

Pillman already called the report ********. Said Regal would have several people over by him paying attention but he also liked the individual stuff because Regal could spend more time with guys. TK noted today Regal wanted to go back to WWE as his son his there and wants to train him and wants to spend his twilight yrs there. Also I wouldn't listen to anything from EC3. He's a huge ******** artist. He's upset his CYN wrestling thing wouldn't get off. I heard from 2 different people WWE is sending ******** to sources to anyone leaving AEW to use the whole wouldn't like training from certain talents. Several talents in WWE are the same way. It's just gamesmanship. laBar got his info from WWE people no one in AEW.

Pillman said while several wrestlers didn't think they needed to learn anything though that type of **** happens everywhere.

TK said he spoke to Regal had a great chat. He allowed Regal to leave as long as he doesn't come on TV in WWE at all in '23 to sell the MJF stuff. There was no ill will and TK said he understood Regal's reasoning for going back. His family is there.

AEW did a great thing playing a video Regal did with Tony Schivonie 2 weeks ago about why he did what he did. Tied a lot of loose ends together.

It is official.
FTR will defend the Ring of Honor World Tag Team Championships against The Briscoes this Saturday at ROH “Final Battle 2022” in a Double Dog Collar Match!

Jake Lee was trained by Great Muta

Tokyo Sports is reporting that former All Japan Triple Crown Champion Jake Lee is expected to announce his departure from the promotion at a scheduled press conference tomorrow. He is not expected to be alone either, as Tokyo Sports suggested several unnamed All Japan stars would be joining him in leaving the promotion. The press conference comes after Lee announced his decision to the All Japan lockerroom and officials earlier today.

Apparently ROH has several talents signed not yet announced. Could be announced at Final Battle.

AEW President/CEO Tony Kahn said on the “Final Battle” media call today that he would like to play around with afternoon PPV’s next year for ROH.
Khan then went in to cite large competition from other sporting events such as college football, UFC and other shows on Saturday nights for the experimental idea.

Colby and his dad about 8 yrs ago had a great storyline in ROH together where James Mitchel a former ECW manager was a part of among others when Corino wrestled part time before leaving for WWE.

according to bodyslam.net, Colby Conino’s NWA contract expires at the end of January, and he is expected to get a tryout with the WWE at that point.
Colby’s father, legendary wrestler Steve Corino, works as a producer and trainer at the WWE PC in Florida.
Sources have told bodyslam that WWE have had their eye on Colby for some time, and it is expected that he will be assigned to NXT sometime in the new year.

There are alot of people that are not ready for "CM Punk was right about everything" takes.
Yep. See the post below yours. Apparently, the word of Brian Pillman Jr is gospel and anyone who doesn't side with Khan and his Buck Buddies (see: circus performers who will never be a big draw anywhere worth a damn) is a liar.

Hunter doesn't work his talent on the holidays

WWE NXT will tape 2 weeks worth of television next Tuesday night, December 13th, in Orlando, Florida.
This will allow wrestlers and staff to have an extended Christmas break off to spend time with their families.

JR had harass words on Johnny People Power

“It became increasingly more and more difficult as time went on to trust John Laurinaitis. That's sad to say. I hired him. I gave him a job when he needed it.
I don't think he treated me right. All he wanted to do was show Vince that he was so much better than me.
So, now his *** is without a job and he deserves the ******* misery that I perceive that he's living every single day. I didn't care for how he treated me at all.”
- Jim Ross (via “Grilling JR”)

TK was asked about Shane Taylors contract said he can't get involved in status looking forward to match. Said it was Keith Lee who came up with the idea and story for this.

Biggest hint ROH is nearing some kind of individual Show idea

On the ROH media call, Tony Khan says he is going to avoid the question of ROH's future until Saturday and that after this week, he will be limiting how much ROH will be on AEW TV.
Khan also says he thinks it makes sense for ROH (and AEW) to tour internationally in the future.

There are alot of people that are not ready for "CM Punk was right about everything" takes.
Yep. See the post below yours. Apparently, the word of Brian Pillman Jr is gospel and anyone who doesn't side with Khan and his Buck Buddies (see: circus performers who will never be a big draw anywhere worth a damn) is a liar.

Pillman was there Labar wasn't and people found out he got his info from people with inside WWE. So put 2 and 2 together. More so willing to believe someone there then someone getting info from people not there.

On the ROH media call, Tony Khan says his mom suffered a stroke in the time between All Out and Grand Slam. Khan said she was improving following treatment at the Mayo Clinic and then suffered a second stroke around the time of his 40th birthday Khan then learned around the same time and prior to the Toronto shows that William Regal approached his VP Megha Parekh with a request to not renew his contract as he wanted to return to where his son was employed and to coach alongside some of his old friends in his golden years.
On 10/16, he got a message from Regal if they could talk while he was at the Mayo Clinic. He said they had a good talk and Regal asked if it made sense to Khan as to why he was asking what he was asking. Khan agreed, but needed to think about everything (AEW, family).
He eventually approved Regal's request.

Also EC3 is bitter AEW wouldn't resign him and now trying to kiss Regal's *** for a job in WWE again but no one wants him. He's said some stuff PC wise people don't agree with so he probably won't be getting resigned anywhere.

Also back in June Mox was on his wife's podcast and talked about Regal and how he Danielson and Regal would train numerious wrestlers. This was all before the CM Punk stuff happened. SO in the last 6 months did something magical change?

Last edited:
The next WWE NXT PLE will take place on February 4th, 2023 in Charlotte, NC at the Spectrum Center.
The PPV will be titled ‘Vengeance Day’.

Reality wrestling has Zula Fatu as a wrestling trainer. Dad Umaga Was part of their company. Solo paid tribute to Umaga on RAW with a samoan spike to Riddle

Can we break up new day already they are so stale and cringe

Pretty Deadly defend the NXT Tag Team Championship against the New Day at NXT “Deadl1ne” this Saturday.

Kylie Rae has been seen at the WWE Performance Center, most likely getting a tryout.
If she signs, her smiley gimmick needs to continue and eventually feud with Bailey. The program practically writes itself.

Also Vincent, Dutch and KC Navarro in the NXT crowd!

Major League Wrestling's Richard Holliday has been out of action for several months due to health concerns and today, he publicly revealed during an interview with Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso he has been diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment.
“When I wrestled Hammer in June, I was taking Dayquil to try to get through every day,” Holliday says. “I kept pushing and pushing, but I just felt off. At that point, I had just got home from California. The whole time I was there, I was freezing. I was pale white when I left after a month. I was taking iron pills to try to counter that, but my levels kept dropping,” Holliday says. “They checked if I had internal bleeding, which I didn’t, and then they ran a litany of tests and a scan of my body for a possible case of lymphoma in September. Those tests confirmed it was Hodgkin’s lymphoma.”
Holliday, 30, is currently halfway through 12 rounds of intense chemotherapy and feeling very positive.
He has not competed since MLW's Battle Riot event in NYC, which was taped earlier in the year, but due to the broadcast schedule, has remained on MLW Fusion TV.
“My ultimate goal is not to lose to lymphoma; my plan is to inspire people,” says Holliday, who is already halfway through his 12 rounds of chemotherapy. “I’m going to come out of this so much stronger, and I’m going to let everyone know they can beat it, too.”

We here at Dirst Sheet Radio wish Rich nothing but the best and for a fast, speedy and healthy recovery.

Also people are making this more then it was. He signed for a year. He was fired from WWE and didn't want to leave. When Hunter came back he knew he had an open invitation to come back. He also doesn't want to travel anymore and his son is on NXT. This was the conversation they had and TK allowed him to go because he's a family guy himself.

A deep-throated informant, right after I paid her to leave this morning, told me this little tidbit:

Sasha Banks is expected to appear at Wrestle Kingdom this year. Makes sense if you want a big payday while not working much, to be able to do all things D+.

So I talked to 3 wrestling people since last night about Regal. All 3 confirmed similar stories.

Regal signed a 3 yrs deal with AEW with the other 2 being opt outs as he wanted to leave the door open if a return to WWE was possible as he never wanted to leave in the first place. When Hunter became the man in charge he knew he'd have an open door invitation as Hunter had told him that when he initial got his walking papers. Regal's son is NXT's Charlie Dempsey who is seeing more TV time and his son didn't want to use the Regal name as he wanted to carve his own path. Regal talked to the Legal rep Megan told her to not pick up his last 2 yrs. TK confirmed their meeting and there was no hard feelings.

Asked about the training issues and all 3 said Regal was loved by everyone. Those who didn't do training with him were with others but no one really took it the wrong way. Both compared this story similar to those saying Black asked for his release. Regal also was going to the UK in DEC which is why stuff was taped and he wasn't on TV.

PWInsider and The Wrestling Observer reports that William Regal will start his new behind-the-scenes position in WWE during "the first week of 2023.".
It was noted that Regal already had a trip planned to the United Kingdom to see friends and family, which is why his last appearance on the December 7th episode of "AEW Dynamite" was pre-taped ahead of time.

Additionally, Regal will be ending his "Gentleman Villain" podcast as he prepares to return to WWE.

A deep-throated informant, right after I paid her to leave this morning, told me this little tidbit:

Sasha Banks is expected to appear at Wrestle Kingdom this year. Makes sense if you want a big payday while not working much, to be able to do all things D+.

Wonder who she'll injure while there

Pillman already called the report ********. Said Regal would have several people over by him paying attention but he also liked the individual stuff because Regal could spend more time with guys. TK noted today Regal wanted to go back to WWE as his son his there and wants to train him and wants to spend his twilight yrs there. Also I wouldn't listen to anything from EC3. He's a huge ******** artist. He's upset his CYN wrestling thing wouldn't get off. I heard from 2 different people WWE is sending ******** to sources to anyone leaving AEW to use the whole wouldn't like training from certain talents. Several talents in WWE are the same way. It's just gamesmanship. laBar got his info from WWE people no one in AEW.

Pillman said while several wrestlers didn't think they needed to learn anything though that type of **** happens everywhere.

TK said he spoke to Regal had a great chat. He allowed Regal to leave as long as he doesn't come on TV in WWE at all in '23 to sell the MJF stuff. There was no ill will and TK said he understood Regal's reasoning for going back. His family is there.

AEW did a great thing playing a video Regal did with Tony Schivonie 2 weeks ago about why he did what he did. Tied a lot of loose ends together.
Yeah that last pretape was kind of a mess. I know they kinda had to back into it due to Regal leaving but it really made little sense. I'm BCC for life so I had to **** you on my way out to teach you a final lesson. Lol OK. They could have done better. I'd blame it on TK but I'm not sure that's fair here. I expected Regal to come up with something better

Yeah that last pretape was kind of a mess. I know they kinda had to back into it due to Regal leaving but it really made little sense. I'm BCC for life so I had to **** you on my way out to teach you a final lesson. Lol OK. They could have done better. I'd blame it on TK but I'm not sure that's fair here. I expected Regal to come up with something better
That segment was God awful much like the existence of that stable and made zero sense. 🤣

It's New Japan. I'm sure they can take care of themselves.

She'll injure herself

BREAKING: Forbidden Door 2 has been all but confirmed by Tony Khan at the ROH post show press conference.
Khan says he's "almost certain" there will be a Forbidden Door 2

BREAKING: It's official. ROH TV has a home.
Ring of Honor weekly TV will live on a new version of the ROH streaming service, Honor Club.
The service will be 9.99 a month. Tony Khan expects there to be major involvement from NJPW as well.
ROH PPVs will remain on PPV/Bleacher Report/Fite TV. They will air on Honor Club after a 90 Day delay
More details to come after Wrestle Kingdom.

It's New Japan. I'm sure they can take care of themselves.

She'll probably hurt herself. She was never that great of a wrestler IMHO. She was overrated because those 4 girls of Becky, her, Charlotte and Bayley were the best wrestles outside of Paige to walk through WWE's doors since Trish and Lita and Mickie James. Bayley and Becky might be the best 2 from the group.

Users who are viewing this thread