What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (2 Viewers)

A decision on Ring of Honor’s potential television deal will be made after “Final Battle” on December 10th.

The AEW “Owen Hart Cup” tournament will return sometime next year, though no exact date was given.

“Stripping Thunder Rosa of the AEW Women’s World Championship is something we have considered.
I'm still weighing the pros and cons. Thunder Rosa's a great wrestler, and it's unfortunate that she's injured. It's kept her out a long time. It's not an easy situation and I try to take everything on a case-by-case basis, and I am trying to give Thunder Rosa every opportunity to come back and defend her world championship.
But eventually, you have to crown a lineal champion.”

Tony Khan (via Full Gear media call)

There are rumors that John Cena will not only appear at Wrestlemania 39 but PWInsider claims that there are currently plans for him to have a match at the show.

“I only have positive experiences in pro wrestling in terms of the shows, and the matches, and the things we did with CM Punk. I have nothing else to say but the positive stuff about the matches and shows we did. I don't want to comment on anything beyond that.”
- Tony Khan (via Busted Open Radio)

Andrade El Idolo is currently suspended from AEW, according to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer.
This is why he hasn’t been on TV for over 2 months.

Andrade is also currently in the hospital with an undisclosed medical issue. He last performed on September 4th at the AEW “All Out” pay-per-view.

For the fifth time in 2022, AEW surpassed the $1 million live gate mark.

Jake Paul revealed yesterday that his brother Logan Paul, did not tear his ACL in his match with Roman Reigns at WWE “Crown Jewel” earlier this month.
Jake claims that Logan tore his MCL and his meniscus, but there was minimal to no damage to his ACL.

I remember this and it was why WWE didn't sign them awhile back. However Jay and Mark are good dudes who help the locker room. Like Ian says Jay is always pushing the younger talent and helping a lot in the LGBTQ+ community talent as well. He's also had a few talks with The Acclaims Anthony Bowens who as many know is gay and giving him some pointers.

Tony Khan said on the pre-Full Gear media call that he wanted to do FTR vs. The Briscoes III on “Dynamite” but some executives at Warner Media are still adamant about not having Jay Briscoe on AEW television.
For those unaware of the situation, back in 2013, Jay tweeted that he would “shoot” anyone trying to teach his kids that being gay was ok, after the Delaware State Senate had legalized same sex marriage.
Briscoe, who was the Ring of Honor World Champion at the time, publicly apologized the next day, and cut a pre-show promo in front of the live crowd at a ROH event before the show started, apologizing as well.
Jay has since stated that his comments were extremely ignorant and spoke about it on the “Battlegrounds” podcast back in March.
“I put out a stupid tweet nine years ago, the most dumbest, immature, obnoxious **** I’ve ever done. It was ****ing dumb. I don’t want anybody, from any walk of life, to feel like they can’t care for the Briscoes, because I can promise you we love everybody. We love everybody and we just want to go out there and be pro wrestlers and give the best match that we can.
I said some dumb **** a long time ago, I apologized for it, I’ll apologize for it again and I’ll keep apologizing. It was stupid. I wasn’t educated. I feel like now there are people who look at us like, ‘We can’t cheer for them because they hate a certain group of people.’ We don’t hate nobody. We love everybody. We’re just some country boys. I thought I was taking a stand for the Lord back in the day but I wasn’t. I feel like people label us a certain way. Trust me, we’re not like that.”
Follow ROH personalities Ian Riccaboni and now WWE producer Steve Corono have defended Jay’s total 180° on the situation, with Riccaboni tweeting out last year:
“If folks only knew how Jay supports and puts over all talent, specifically LGBTQ+ talent, as a leader in the ROH locker room. He's the real deal. Mark, too.”
It was reported earlier this year that the Briscoes had signed a deal with the Ring of Honor, which is still looking for a TV deal and will likely be under the same Warner Media group that blocked the former ROH Tag Team Champions from appearing in All Elite Wrestling.

AR Fox is expected to accept Tony Khan’s offer and sign his full-time AEW contract within the next week.

Jun Akiyama vs. Eddie Kingston has been added to the AEW “Full Gear: Zero Hour” pre-show later tonight.

Tired of Jade at this point. She hasn't had a memorable match and you can put her with anyone great as she gets really exposed.

Trios match might be my favorite of the night. Buy in with Jun and Eddie was good too. Wished they did a NO DQ type deathmatch though

Sarraya's first match. This is almost as big a comeback as Shibata. Shibata is a legend but the thing is no one expected either ever back in the ring

Wow, you guys must have been watching a different ppv than I did. I was over a friend's house and he had it on and it was unbearable at times.
* Omega and his flunky"s are unwatchable. And now the trios thing is best of 7? Shoot me know.
* Paige has no business in the ring.
* As much as I liked Somoa Joe in the past, he has no business going over Wardlow. Hell, I'd have rather seen Hobbs over him.
* I'm just over Jericho. Please, just stop with him.
* Jade: see Jericho.
* Looking forward to seeing whet they do with the Acclaimed. Hopefully FTR matches are next.
* Good for Hayter. I like both women, but Hayter was the right decision.
* We'll see how MJF can carry the belt. I'm excited about the decision to put the belt on him, but skeptical to see how they pull it off (see Wardlow).

Wow, you guys must have been watching a different ppv than I did. I was over a friend's house and he had it on and it was unbearable at times.
* Omega and his flunky"s are unwatchable. And now the trios thing is best of 7? Shoot me know.
* As much as I liked Somoa Joe in the past, he has no business going over Wardlow. Hell, I'd have rather seen Hobbs over him.
* Looking forward to seeing whet they do with the Acclaimed. Hopefully FTR matches are next.
* We'll see how MJF can carry the belt. I'm excited about the decision to put the belt on him, but skeptical to see how they pull it off (see Wardlow).
Watched in the background last night. Outside MJF, Max Caster/Ricky Starks, just not for me. I'm a big Aleister Black fan. Unfortunate he's not with WWE under HHH where he'd be presented as a star again. Agree on Joe nowadays (you might get a decent promo once in a blue moon)

Balding Bucks are the worst thing to happen in wrestling history IMO. Unfortunate they weren't just cast off from the backstage crap.

That Regal group was just a nauseating joke. They've literally made Danielson irrelevant. Nuts. The guy can literally carry a program on his own (and those type guys today are less than 1 hand)

They need to quit the ROH crap and either make it completely separate or just let it die. MJF is the best thing in the company in a landslide given they've made Danielson irrelevant. MJF and Danielson would be a good program with promos. Insane how much theyve made Danielson JAG.

Watched in the background last night. Outside MJF, Max Caster/Ricky Starks, just not for me. I'm a big Aleister Black fan. Unfortunate he's not with WWE under HHH where he'd be presented as a star again. Agree on Joe nowadays (you might get a decent promo once in a blue moon)

Balding Bucks are the worst thing to happen in wrestling history IMO. Unfortunate they weren't just cast off from the backstage crap.

That Regal group was just a nauseating joke. They've literally made Danielson irrelevant. Nuts. The guy can literally carry a program on his own (and those type guys today are less than 1 hand)

They need to quit the ROH crap and either make it completely separate or just let it die. MJF is the best thing in the company in a landslide given they've made Danielson irrelevant. MJF and Danielson would be a good program with promos. Insane how much theyve made Danielson JAG.
I think MJF vs Danielson or Claudio is a given after the Regal shenanigans.

I loved last night honestly outside the Jericho win and Jade win I thought it was a really good show. Mox made MJF look like a star.

Theres gonna be a decision or announcement made after Final Battle which is Dec 1O possible for their own show or streaming.

I know that not everyone here is a fan of The Young Bucks, and/or flippy s##t wrestling in general, but I'm kind of excited to see what kind of story they with Omega and Death Triangle can tell in the best of 7 series for the Trios titles.

Omega looks like the time off has really helped him physically and is in top form. And would love to see Rey Fenix be the member of Death Triangle that gets the most shine.

I know that not everyone here is a fan of The Young Bucks, and/or flippy s##t wrestling in general, but I'm kind of excited to see what kind of story they with Omega and Death Triangle can tell in the best of 7 series for the Trios titles.

Omega looks like the time off has really helped him physically and is in top form. And would love to see Rey Fenix be the member of Death Triangle that gets the most shine.

Kenny also just challenged Osprey at WK for the IWG US Belt so that storyline is continuing now too

PWInsider.com reports Becky Lynch is currently slated to return to action at Survivor Series on Saturday night.

Also I found out last night watching my first Flyers game the Goal song for them this year is Beckys Theme.

Karl Anderson returns to NJPW to defend his NEVER Openweight Championship at the World Tag League and Jr. Tag League finals in Sendai on December 14th. End of Video had AJ Styles cutting a promo with the Good Brothers. No word if he might end up in Japan either for the match. I wouldn't put too much into this unless Karl ends up retaining the belt.

Despite being suspended from AEW for almost 2 months, the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega have retained their statuses of EVP’s within the company.

Subjective artform

The best act in wrestling right now is Sami Zayn, the most promising upside right now is a "reset" AEW, the most exciting thing coming up right now is Wrestle Kingdom.

It's a good time to be a fan imo!

Most anticipated Women's match is Surryi vs Giulia at the Stardom final show Dec 29th for the Red Belt. Two women who were part of the same faction split up. How they started that story this past year was awesome too.

Watching Historic X over Japan in bits and pieces. Great PPV by NJPW and Stardom. Chris Charlton and Kevin Kelly did a great job with Waka Tsukiyama of going through the Stardom talent and who is who why they are in their factions etc.

Onto Osprey vs Uto and Osprey did a great Hayabusi tribute Haya daughter gave her blessing for. The Entrance gear will be donated $$$ from an auction it's put on.

Users who are viewing this thread