What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (7 Viewers)

WON: Chris Jericho and many others, if not most of the key top names in AEW were saying that they wouldn’t work with CM Punk.
One top star noted, “Punk won’t be back. His value on screen isn’t one percent worth the hassle and black cloud he causes backstage
"Another top star noted the team has decided he’s out and regardless of some being willing to work with him, the collective decided that he was voted off the island."

Per a report Jericho went up to Punk after the Media scrum to voice his displeasure to Punk and tell him he was unprofessional and a cancer to the locker room. Punk told Jericho he was a piece of crap and if he didn't like it he can leave the Locker Room.

Last edited:
Meltzer WOW, and others have talked to other sources saying that the Larry The Dog incident was fabricated. Megha the head of legal was handed Larry by Omega when Omega saw the Dog caught in the middle. She was screaming for Punk to stop who hand zero care that his dog was in harms way.

AEW may be bringing in AAA Champion Hijo de Vikingo 25 yrs old who is a great wrestler just got his Work Visa for the states and will compete for AAA in their big show next month in ARZ. Many fans want to See Vikingo vs Omega.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Kenny Omega will most likely have some time tacked on to his current deal with AEW, due to serving an almost two month suspension, following the events of “All Out”.
Omega’s contract is set to expire in January 2023.

Vice TV has a Dark Side of the Ring side series called Tales from the Territories. I’m watching the AWA one and the stories are wild. One example is Mad Dog Vachon who was drunk and drugged literally hanging at the door of an open plane.

Watched RAW last night while handing out candy. Completely forgot they were in Dallas. Regardless, 3 hours is still too long for anything on a weekly basis.

Reigns was great. The company trying to Logan Paul's "bionic" fist is not great. Alexa Bliss having a title to hold behind her head is always good. The hodgepodge way of teaming up Bliss, Asuka and Belair is not good. I'm guessing it's going to be Damage CTRL vs. Random Face Team at Survivor Series, but both sides need two more. No idea on the men's match, esp if you blow off The OC vs. The Judgement Day at Crown Jewel.

Watched RAW last night while handing out candy. Completely forgot they were in Dallas. Regardless, 3 hours is still too long for anything on a weekly basis.

Reigns was great. The company trying to Logan Paul's "bionic" fist is not great. Alexa Bliss having a title to hold behind her head is always good. The hodgepodge way of teaming up Bliss, Asuka and Belair is not good. I'm guessing it's going to be Damage CTRL vs. Random Face Team at Survivor Series, but both sides need two more. No idea on the men's match, esp if you blow off The OC vs. The Judgement Day at Crown Jewel.

The more things change the more they stay the same. Stop with the Celeb **** already

The more things change the more they stay the same. Stop with the Celeb **** already

I do think Logan Paul is above the normal Celeb ####. If this guy really wants to be a wrestler, his ceiling is really high. He's a natural. Just was a lame segment having Miz come out to "warn" Roman.

I do think Logan Paul is above the normal Celeb ####. If this guy really wants to be a wrestler, his ceiling is really high. He's a natural. Just was a lame segment having Miz come out to "warn" Roman.

I'd rather not have him on at all. Both him and his brother are absolute scum bags. Honestly if I were a wrestler I wouldn't want anything to do with a celeb in the ring other then maybe them giving a bump "punch" or getting the Kane San Diego Chicken Pete Rose treatment. If Logan is serious about wrestling he needs to cut out all the other BS and be on weekly not someone who just shows up when he feels like it. He's not Brock or Roman and hasn't deserved that.

Watched Rumble of 44th Some really good matches. Clark Connors came out with old Pegasus Promotion Minori Suzuki Rival Ken Shammrock for his match. After Suzuki won he and Ken made up in a cool moment and he gave Connors some big time respect. That's an incredible feeling to get that from The King himself. Motor City Machine Guns beat Strong LA Dojo DKC and Aussie open the Title holders for the Strong titles. Maya Iwatani defeated Kilyn King to retain her Stardom SWA Title. It's like an IC title for Stardom but the champion can't defend it against anyone from their home country. So for example if lets say Britt Baker won this she couldn't defend the title against any Americans but she could defend it against Saraya/Shida/Hayter/Toni Storm etc the latter 2 former holders of this title. I think it's a cool concept and helps make some good booking instead of the lazy booking we get with certain titles and the same 3 guys fighting for it. This was the first NJPW Women's Single match in US history and the first female NJPW Ref involved too. King of Pro Wrestling title that SHingo holds was contended in an NYC Street fight vs ELP. Both brought in some good Muta tribute with colored mist that ELP had red which the commentary was saying was blood from ELP's mouth. Shingo brought out the green mist. Good match but I think it could've been better. The Palidum in NYC seems like an incredible small venue as everything seemed very congested so I think bigger venue these two could've done more. ELP has a history in hardcore/death match type settings so he wasn't new to this. Theres also only so much any of these guys can do in some states do to the fight commissions now though which sucks. The Kingston/Okada vs Juice/WHite match was good with White hitting a low blow on Eddie to win the match. Eddie was suppose to wrestle Jay in Vegas awhile back but tested Positive for Covid which they used as a storyline with Jay White saying Eddie was ducking him. This match was just to really set up White/Okada at WK. I bought FITE TV Night Before and Rumble package which was less then $3O which was a great deal. Get 2 nights of NJPW for a good price can't beat it

Speaking of which really getting into stardom. Their Streaming service is a big different cost less then $7USD. The problem is no live streams and it takes a day or 2 for them to put up the matches. Also they allow you to watch matches separately.

Really a big fan of Giulia and the Donna Del Mondo faction and Suyri. Still learning a lot but it's fun to watch. Just sucks no live and it's all in Japanese but NJPW owns them now so I'm hoping this is one of those when in the beginning NJPW had a feed but not English Commentary and eventually has commentary for at least the big shows they do and eventually a full time crew doing it. I think thats down the line but Stardom has a YouTube channel with highlights and condescend matches and Youtube does do a CC translate which doesn't always work but better then nothing.

There's a HistoricX event featuring NJPW and Stardom talent mid NOV NJPW will show on PPV so that might be a good time for anyone interested to get started as they will have English commentary for the event. I'm sure Kevin Kelly and Chris Charlton will be doing the event and they do a great job introducing new wrestlers to English watching fans as well as giving a good back story why someone joined a faction etc. Great Muta will be in a tag match for his final NJPW appearance in ring and the IWGP women's title featuring Kairi Sane and Mayu Iwatani will be one of the single matches. There's a ton of tag mix matches but I think this is the event where NJPW starts introducing stardom talent to those who don't watch their product as well. Syruri has the Red Belt Stardoms big title who was a former member of Giulia's Della Don Modo. Giulia's old rival in Ice ribbon came in as a free lancer and did a story line earlier this year with Giulia who was her roommate in IR. This YouTube does a good job giving some backstory. Essentially the stable her rival was in Prominence put doubt in the former tag partners. and they tag once after that before announcing a split from one another. Giulia still runs Della Don mondo while Suyri runs the Stable God's Eye. I'm not exactly sure the reason of how they came up with who each women was taking with. The only reason I can give for the Giulia/ZSJ pairing is she is from the UK originally. Would make more sense for her to be with Jay White and Okada with Suyri though. But Giulia and ZSJ both kind of play tweaner characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfxAODwRMAw

Six Man Tag Team Match
Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C & Saya Kamitani) vs. Donna del Mondo (Himeka, Mai Sakurai & Thekla)
Eight Man Tag Team Match
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe & Starlight Kid) & Suzuki-gun (DOUKI & El Desperado) vs. Cosmic Angels(Natsupoi & Tam Nakano) & Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Six Man Tag Team Match
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano) & Great Muta vs. United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great-O-Khan& Jeff Cobb)
IWGP Women's Title Tournament Final Match (vakant)
Mayu Iwatani vs. KAIRI
Tag Team Match
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Utami Hayashishita vs. Hirooki Goto & Maika
Tag Team Match
Syuri & Tom Lawlor vs. Giulia & Zack Sabre Jr.

WWE is aware and keeping an eye on a Safety issue concerning Saudi Arabia. The Kingdom has shared with US possible targeted attacks by Iran on Kingdom which is now on Very High Alert. No word if Blood Money is in jeopardy or not but something to keep an eye on in the next few days. Most of WWE is suppose to leave for the show tomorrow while I believe the crew to set up production and all is already there.

Lets see how WWE handles this with Hunter in Charge

So SRS and others were completely wrong as House of Black had a promo teasing a return on AEW. lets see how SRS and Fightful backtrack this now

I think AEW is trolling Punk now they brought Colt Cabanna back to Dynamite to face Jericho

Alvarez said he spoke to someone close to Punk who said he might be done with Wrestling. Has a ton of money and is in with Hollywood with good contacts for him.

Jeff Jarrett has debuted for AEW by attacking Darby Allin after his match with Jay Lethal.
Jarrett is mad AEW has taken the spot he feels belonged to TNA/Impact Wrestling.

WWE has confirmed that the investigation into alleged misconduct by Vince McMahon "is now complete and the Special Committee has been disbanded."
The investigation cost WWE $19.4M.

Vince apparently Done done with the Company now. Other then his shares still there he has no involvement in any day to day ops or storylines

Wrestling Inc. reported earlier today that Paul “Triple H” Levesque himself contacted NOAH to make sure the Muta match was still on the table, after it was initially turned down by Vince McMahon earlier this year.
HHH called Sonny Onoo to act as a facilitator.
Per the report, Onoo said NOAH wanted to protect its new connection with AEW and needed to clear booking Nakamura with them, given his ties to WWE right now.
“NOAH simply wanted to protect its newly developing relationship with AEW,” Onoo said. “I made sure there were no objections from various other promotions.”
All parties involved agreed to the match on 10/26 and it was announced on NOAH’s social media shortly after.

WWE will have an emergency Presser tomorrow regarding Crown Jewel. I've heard from a few people and saw a few twitters floating around what looks to be a press release to media from WWE regarding the PLE. Not sure how real it is. Do to the threat of an attack by Iran more and more likely Crown Jewel goes to the PC similar to what they did during Pandemic. No idea if this means Saudi's extended the deal as they technically aren't going over there. PLE will air at 7PM Saturday night which is right in middle of College football and a Game 6 WS elimination game. Originally Crown Jewel was suppose to be Live in SA at Noon on Saturday.

SHibata is in AEW and will challenge Orange Cassidy for the All Atlantic belt on Friday in AC. Shibata had two AEW dream matches he wanted to do and asked NJPW and AEW officials. One was Orange and the other is Danielson.

Puke likes to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Will say "he wants to do good business". Then he won't work with a guy like Cabana, who if we're being frank is the best matchup for Puke.

Puke v Cabana. Loser leaves AEW. Have Puke go over and complete heel turn. Relegate Cabana to ROH (or put him under a mask).

Puke holds too many grudges and AEW not creative enough to do so it won't happen.

Puke likes to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Will say "he wants to do good business". Then he won't work with a guy like Cabana, who if we're being frank is the best matchup for Puke.

Puke v Cabana. Loser leaves AEW. Have Puke go over and complete heel turn. Relegate Cabana to ROH (or put him under a mask).

Puke holds too many grudges and AEW not creative enough to do so it won't happen.

Literally everyone is refusing to work with him in the company. There's even tweets by talent insinuating that Cobana spot was a shot at Punk too.

Blood Money going on as advertised even without Vince they still don't have balls to go against the Saudis. Pretty soon Talent needs to stat thinking if the $$$ in WWE and possible having to go to a Terror state for a PPV is worth your life.

"It's going to be very interesting to see The Elite back, the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega. I'm very happy they are back.
I will say this right here and right now, those guys didn't do anything wrong in this situation. If anything, they were the victims. I'm telling you that from a first person perspective. I was there, I witnessed it all.
I love all three of those guys. I've known Matt and Nick forever. I've just gotten to know Kenny while working with AEW. I'm very happy they are returning to TV and they are back in the mix. They deserve to be in the mix."

- Matt Hardy on the Brawl Out after All Out

Behind the scenes, Jeff Jarrett’s role is to both help AEW when it comes to international business, as well as possibly house shows.
There are no definitive plans for AEW to do house shows, but a lot of the wrestlers would like to wrestle more & are interested in them.
- WON

PWInsider: There are currently no plans to bring former WWE CEO Vince McMahon back to the company, now that the investigation into several payouts made to past employees with stockholders money is concluded.

Literally everyone is refusing to work with him in the company. There's even tweets by talent insinuating that Cobana spot was a shot at Punk too.
That is self-preservation. Since it is obvious now that Punk will be out and those clowns he clashed with will stay and remain in power (sorry, the Bucks are a bunch of circus performers at best), the smart move for your career is to badmouth Punk and tow the company line. Self-interest rules the day in pro wrestling. And I say that while fully acknowledging that Punk is likely a major pain in the butt to work with and brings most problem on himself, but if he and AEW came to an agreement today that he'd be coming back, many of those wrestlers would all of a sudden have no problem working with him.

That is self-preservation. Since it is obvious now that Punk will be out and those clowns he clashed with will stay and remain in power (sorry, the Bucks are a bunch of circus performers at best), the smart move for your career is to badmouth Punk and tow the company line. Self-interest rules the day in pro wrestling. And I say that while fully acknowledging that Punk is likely a major pain in the butt to work with and brings most problem on himself, but if he and AEW came to an agreement today that he'd be coming back, many of those wrestlers would all of a sudden have no problem working with him.

Theres plenty of people who don't like Punk. After what he did to Cobanna after the Podcast numerious wrestlers have backed up Colt. Numerious wrestlers in AEW didn't initial want Punk but were told by higher ups they believe he had changed which obviously wasn't the case. My point here is that in an industry where you need trust in the ring and out many don't feel it with Punk anymore which puts working with him unsafe. He's started going into business for himself.

I rally don't think you know how disliked Punk is in the industry right now. The only people who has anything nice to say about him at this point are people who are friends with him r Ace Steel. Even people who feel the EVPs were in the wrong going to his locker to begin with agree Punk shouldn't be wrestling anymore for AEW. Dude thought he could come in and Brock Lesnar and bully the higher up for what he wanted. He found out long and hard that wasn't happening.

Also from what Ive heard WWE took notice of the Cabana spot in AEW on Wednesday night. There was a legit talk from people of bringing Punk back and before going to AEW had talks with WWE. Also Punk has looked sluggish in the ring has botched a few spots as well. Still great on the Mic but I don't think he really should be wrestling anymore.

Saudi Arabia: We have a nation founded and ruled by Islamic Law. No women wrestlers will show bare body parts.
WWE: No problems, guys!!!
* WWE places female talent in bodysuits of lycra, spandex, and leather. *

Ren Narita will take on Zack Sabre Jr. at Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4th to crown the first ever NJPW World Television Champion in the Tokyo Dome.

According to the Wrestling Observer, Colt Cabana being back on AEW TV was a direct message to the locker room that CM Punk is most likely not retuning.

Braun Strauman just pissed off a lot of wrestlers. Mustafa Ali had the best response to it asking Braun to teach him how to get fired. Osprey and Jericho also cut in as well as some others. Braun made a comment about his match and made fun of the 5 Star rating saying his match got 47 stars and doesn't need floppy flippers and stuff and most of those guys bag groceries. Jericho responded with I bagged groceries before dude.

Osprey asked Braun why for a guy who is doing well and should be proud of his match is so angry? Lets just say the backlash was so big that Braun instead of apologizing and being held accountable came back with the Victim playing "it was a joke and people can't take one anymore"

This isn't Brauns first dumb tweet either. Before being fired during the pandemic he made some sensitive comments about people in the Indies not being able to work and they should get a job to make ends meet. A lot of wrestlers weren't happy with it. Well you know what they say about Karma because shortly after that Braun was part of the Pandemic April blood bath in WWE of being future endeavored.

Saudi Arabia: We have a nation founded and ruled by Islamic Law. No women wrestlers will show bare body parts.
WWE: No problems, guys!!!
* WWE places female talent in bodysuits of lycra, spandex, and leather. *

Another fun one

MVP didn’t attend “Crown Jewel” in Saudi Arabia on Saturday because he is a Muslim turned atheist and that is punishable by imprisonment or worse in Saudi.

You also got Sami Zayn Religious reasons if he go he could be similar

Nick Aldis has given his official notice to the NWA and appears to be now finished with the company.
Word is he will no longer be featured going forward.
The former NWA World Heavyweight Champion is still under contract until the end of January of 2023.

Braun has a ton of heat on him backstage. PWinsider reporting that many backstage believe he's not taking this run serious last one there first one to leave and only there for a pay day. Some believe if the Control you're narrative went well Braun may not have come back. I've heard the twitter comments after his match aren't helping him and he's not only pissed off people outside but also peers in WWE

Users who are viewing this thread