What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Punk/ Hardcore Music Thread (2 Viewers)

Think I'm going to order Coral Fang by The Distillers on vinyl. That album is so ####### good. Too bad they never really broke. They could have. 

eta* I just received it. It's awesome. I never really spun it as a proper album before. Wish I had. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipper announced some summer shows with new singer Fletcher Shears of The Garden.  He replaces David Yow who'd been playing with them since 2015.

It's a weird pairing.  Shears is probably most famous for being in Yves St. Laurent ads with his twin brother.  I'm pretty sure Flipper had already broken up the first time before Shears was born.

Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols is still a monster record for me. I think I like it more as the years go on.
Absolutely, and it still sounds relevant today.  Got to see the Sex Pistols live when they performed on the Craig Ferguson show in 2007.  30 years after Bullocks they were still bringing it.  Still can't believe I was 15 feet away from them playing.

New albums for both the Bosstones and Dropkick Murphys are out. 
Bummer the Bosstones broke up.  Still remember seeing them play live a handful of times over the years.  Each time I couldn't believe how many people were on stage.  I remember the first time, thinking "Does that one guy do nothing but dance around crazy on the stage?" Yup, that's what he does.

Sick stuff from Turnstile. 
Glow On blew up, it's kind of crazy.  A couple friends are really into Turnstile and invited me to a show, so I'm seeing them in May.  Not sure what to expect.

Amyl and the sniffers -Comfort to me is my new favorite album.
Hell yeah.  Amyl & The Sniffers are so, so good.  Comfort to Me has been in heavy rotation over here.  The song Security is a total, old school punk blast (among many on that release).  Saw they will be in the Midwest in May as well.  Tours are back!

Absolutely, and it still sounds relevant today.  Got to see the Sex Pistols live when they performed on the Craig Ferguson show in 2007.  30 years after Bullocks they were still bringing it.  Still can't believe I was 15 feet away from them playing.
It does sound relevant. The sound of no future sounds so fantastic.

And what a thing to be able to have seen! 

I need some help identifying a song. They play it on Faction from time to time. It’s kind of like a ska song but in an Op Ivy type of way. I don’t know the name and I don’t know the band. All I really know is that there is a part of the song where they sing about (one of the following) ska city, circle city, circuit city. I have googled each of those but to no avail. Anyone think they know it.

I need some help identifying a song. They play it on Faction from time to time. It’s kind of like a ska song but in an Op Ivy type of way. I don’t know the name and I don’t know the band. All I really know is that there is a part of the song where they sing about (one of the following) ska city, circle city, circuit city. I have googled each of those but to no avail. Anyone think they know it.
not sure exactly how they decide what goes on here, but this is the faction spotify playlist that has 820 songs and looks like it is updated every month: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6cnjJcF7naSeHnqFHe0TOc

not sure exactly how they decide what goes on here, but this is the faction spotify playlist that has 820 songs and looks like it is updated every month: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6cnjJcF7naSeHnqFHe0TOc
Thanks. I’ll check it out

Lol. Song number 472
song 472. And the reason I couldn’t find it is because the song is called crack rock steady. So it has nothing to do with a city at all. I blame my hearing loss. Thanks again.

Lol. Song number 472
song 472. And the reason I couldn’t find it is because the song is called crack rock steady. So it has nothing to do with a city at all. I blame my hearing loss. Thanks again.
did you have to listen to 471 other songs to find that one?

Lol. Song number 472
I remember Choking Victim from the mid 90s... but I don't remember ever seeing them. From that specific subset of the ska scene, I think I liked the suicide machines, less then jake, and voodoo glowskulls. Probably others that I'm forgetting.

Lol. Song number 472
did you have to listen to 471 other songs to find that one?
No. Believe it or not, I knew most of the 470 songs that came before it. The ones I didn’t, I listened to until I came up to this one.

Lol. Song number 472
I remember Choking Victim from the mid 90s... but I don't remember ever seeing them. From that specific subset of the ska scene, I think I liked the suicide machines, less then jake, and voodoo glowskulls. Probably others that I'm forgetting.
Voodoo glow skulls were awesome. Let’s shoot the moon

Last night I ordered Mogwai's Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will.

This seemed like the place to post that little anecdote.

In other news, there's a poll over at Steve Hoffman Forums regarding the best punk albums from '76-'78. It's a poll with choices for the best albums of that era. Not surprisingly, Never Mind The Bollocks garnered the most votes as the ultimate top-5 punk album of punk albums. Good stuff over there.

I went to this show about a month ago (The Trouble @ The Middle East in Cambridge, MA).

First time ever seeing. They played mostly in the mid-to-late 90s IIRC when I was at college, and could never get to see them.

Crowd was great... and old. Funny being at a punk show and everyone seemed to be in their mid to upper 40s.

The best punk band is Bad Nerves.

Just a beautiful combination of energy, raucousness and melody.

Thank you.

Bad Nerves. Listened to ten seconds and immediately was struck that they sound like the Marked Men. Denton, TX 2009, really.

So I’m in Boston (look at me!) and we’re staying in Kenmore Square. And I’m thinking in the back of my head that I know this area really well even though I’m not from here and only lived here one summer. Well, I tell the people I’m with “There used to be a club around here—a famous punk club. The Rathskeller, aka The Rat.” Well we keep walking around and I’m just damn sure of it, so I look it up. Sure enough, there was a Rat right here, right where we were standing once upon a time.

They put the ****ing hotel I’m staying at right on top of where it used to be.

The punk Gods (kill yr idols) are crying tonight. My trip is now ashamed. Oh well, life goes on, I guess, and there’s more to say about it than I’m saying, but let’s honor it and what it once was with a band I remember (vaguely) seeing there. And I did meet a young woman/girl there that night of the show (and her friends) but never followed up. Life took over. Anyway, herewith:

Last edited:
So I’m min Boston (look at me!) and we’re staying in Kenmore Square. And I’m thinking in the back of my head that I know this area really well even though I’m not from here and only lived here one summer. Well, I tell the people I’m with “There used to be a club around here—a famous punk club. The Rathskellar aka Thd Rat.” Well we keep walking around and I’m just damn sure of it, so I look it up. Sure enough, there was a Rat right here, right where we were standing once upon a time.

They put the ****ing hotel I’m staying at right on top of where it used to be.

The punk Gods (kill yr idols) are crying tonight. My trip is now ashamed. Oh well, life goes on, I guess, but let’s honor it and what it once was.

was Scorsese your travel agent?

BALLAD OF JERRY CURLIN - ANGRY SAMOANS

... cannot be linked here, even with the NSFW schtick, i'm sure.

them.

Meatmen.

bands who skewered everybody - legit nihilism.

LEGIT.

Last show I saw there was a random Powerman 5000 show. Doesn't reflect my music tastes. I assume that I went to accompany a friend.

There was an awesome late night restaurant a few doors down called Deli Haus. Gone as well on the clean-up of Kenmore Square.

Some really good music on there, but it sounds like they had a concept and were going with it no matter what the music was like. Can't have the rights to all the songs in the world, after all. By the way, it's so cringeworthy that I listened with the sound off and still think I winced a bit.

Nothing wrong with the Love and Rockets and The Knack songs, though. Maybe they could have called it New Rave Wave or something.

I’m sure it’s already been posted here but in case any of you are interested

I like the graphics of Hulk Hogan, Einstein, Elvis and Michael Jackson flying in and out.

I saw the current incarnation of the Dead Boys last weekend. It was Cheetah Chrome with a bunch of guys but it was a fun energetic show. The new frontman Jake Hout has been with the band for seven years now and does a good job standing in for the irreplaceable Stiv.

I'm too old for the periphery of the pit but it's still the only way to see a Punk show. By the end of the show I was tired of pushing and dodging and was glad that their encore "Ain't It Fun" wasn't an up tempo banger. I'm glad Mrs. Eephus talked me into going although I don't remember agreeing to go before she bought the tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread