What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Subscriber Contest (4 Viewers)

Congrats Meno. That is awesome. This contest alone makes FBG's worth the cost. I finished 51st this year and couldn't be happier. 13, 250 total entries and to even finish in the top 250 means alot.

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

3 Members: ceo3west, menobrown, TheGrimReaper

CONGRATS!!!!! :yes:

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and thanks to Footballbuys for this contest. And thank Gould who had he not come through for me last night I would have finished second by 2/10th of a point. I've been playing high stakes fantasy football since the inception of the WCOFF and this is the most money I've ever won and the most exiting fantasy football experience of my life.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and thanks to Footballbuys for this contest. And thank Gould who had he not come through for me last night I would have finished second by 2/10th of a point. I've been playing high stakes fantasy football since the inception of the WCOFF and this is the most money I've ever won and the most exiting fantasy football experience of my life.
So what do you have planned for the $20,000????

So what do you have planned for the $20,000????
Little-known bit of contest fine print: If you are ever in the same bar with anyone* who posted in this thread, you are obligated to buy them a drink of their choosing.* LHUCKS excluded**** :unsure:

:thumbup: Congrats to all of you who made it to the final round and had a shot. Great job menobrown.

Congrats meno

A bad last week dropped me from 52 to 118 but it sure was fun while it lasted.

Nice to be in the money, but my team was not unique enough.

Looking forward to next year.

Thanks to Footballguys, Fantasy Star, ctriopelle, and Doug Drinen (could not wait for the sims each week).

Last edited by a moderator:
smackdaddies said:
And look - a team that started with a roster of 20 24. How did that happen?
Here is some info. I had 4 players out in week 16 and depending on how you look at it 4 or 5 players on my team that had I never used all year I'd still have managed to come out on top. James Davis is the only player I never used this year. Shockey and Leon Washington are players I used some weeks but if I never had them on my team I still would have come out on top. I used Eddie Royal a few weeks and the Saints D several weeks but if one of them was not on my team it would not have impacted my overall standing. However in week 9 I would have needed either Royal or the Saints D, but not both, or I would have been bounced. So with the right 20 man roster I still could have come out on top but that's assuming the players listed above were not on that roster and for me that would not have happened. The way I did my team was first off slot all the guys I view as bargains and than build the team around them. Leon, Shockey, Davis and Royal were some of the original guys I viewed as bargains who I built the team around.

smackdaddies said:
Here is some info. I had 4 players out in week 16 and depending on how you look at it 4 or 5 players on my team that had I never used all year I'd still have managed to come out on top. James Davis is the only player I never used this year. Shockey and Leon Washington are players I used some weeks but if I never had them on my team I still would have come out on top. I used Eddie Royal a few weeks and the Saints D several weeks but if one of them was not on my team it would not have impacted my overall standing. However in week 9 I would have needed either Royal or the Saints D, but not both, or I would have been bounced.

So with the right 20 man roster I still could have come out on top but that's assuming the players listed above were not on that roster and for me that would not have happened. The way I did my team was first off slot all the guys I view as bargains and than build the team around them. Leon, Shockey, Davis and Royal were some of the original guys I viewed as bargains who I built the team around.
But see that's the thing - with a 24 man roster, you increased your odds of having guys who panned out to help you win the contest.

Congrats, meno. It is an amazing achievement!

smackdaddies said:
Here is some info. I had 4 players out in week 16 and depending on how you look at it 4 or 5 players on my team that had I never used all year I'd still have managed to come out on top. James Davis is the only player I never used this year. Shockey and Leon Washington are players I used some weeks but if I never had them on my team I still would have come out on top. I used Eddie Royal a few weeks and the Saints D several weeks but if one of them was not on my team it would not have impacted my overall standing. However in week 9 I would have needed either Royal or the Saints D, but not both, or I would have been bounced.

So with the right 20 man roster I still could have come out on top but that's assuming the players listed above were not on that roster and for me that would not have happened. The way I did my team was first off slot all the guys I view as bargains and than build the team around them. Leon, Shockey, Davis and Royal were some of the original guys I viewed as bargains who I built the team around.
But see that's the thing - with a 24 man roster, you increased your odds of having guys who panned out to help you win the contest.
:lol: Meno's team is actually the classic case study of why a 24 man roster is better.Congrats Meno! Coming out on top in this contest is quite an acheivement.

smackdaddies said:
Here is some info. I had 4 players out in week 16 and depending on how you look at it 4 or 5 players on my team that had I never used all year I'd still have managed to come out on top. James Davis is the only player I never used this year. Shockey and Leon Washington are players I used some weeks but if I never had them on my team I still would have come out on top. I used Eddie Royal a few weeks and the Saints D several weeks but if one of them was not on my team it would not have impacted my overall standing. However in week 9 I would have needed either Royal or the Saints D, but not both, or I would have been bounced. So with the right 20 man roster I still could have come out on top but that's assuming the players listed above were not on that roster and for me that would not have happened. The way I did my team was first off slot all the guys I view as bargains and than build the team around them. Leon, Shockey, Davis and Royal were some of the original guys I viewed as bargains who I built the team around.
Awesome job, very well built team, congrats! :unsure:

So, how do payouts actually work for all that are getting them?
Clayton Gray will contact you at the email address with which you subscribed (check here if you're not sure what that is). He'll collect a mailing address from you and mail you a check. I'm not sure the exact timetable, but I would imagine it would happen within a month or so.

Looking at your roster, the thing that jumps out at me is that having 3 kickers and 3 Ds actually made a big difference in the end. You used all 6 of those spots in the finals. If you didn't put that $1 Lions D on your roster you wouldn't have won! It was interesting for me to go back and see how my strategy worked out. My team wasn't unique enough to finish top 10, but I did finish in 95th place.

I started with a core of 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR that I would spend top dollar on: That was Rodgers, DWill and AJ. Then I wanted 1RB and 1WR that I liked a lot, but wouldn't be too much and that was Rice and Ochocinco. After that I just went with guys that I just thought were good value for their price. As it turned out I had 2 players that I never used, but I had 7 players that I used only twice through the whole year. If I don't have Betts on my roster week 10 I'm done. I think I'd have been screwed with just 20 teams.

Man was this contest fun!

Clayton Gray will contact you at the email address with which you subscribed (check here if you're not sure what that is). He'll collect a mailing address from you and mail you a check. I'm not sure the exact timetable, but I would imagine it would happen within a month or so.
First of all, congrats to meno and thanks to both Doug and everyone associated with The Fantasy Star.Just a question about the payouts... just wondering for those who won $30 if we could just throw that towards a 2010 subscription instead of getting the cash sent out... just a thought.

Congrats to menobrown for the great performance!

Kudos to Doug drinnen for all the sims, stats, and thread posts.

Now the countdown to next year's contest announcement with potential new twists. :thumbdown:

First of all, congrats to meno and thanks to both Doug and everyone associated with The Fantasy Star.Just a question about the payouts... just wondering for those who won $30 if we could just throw that towards a 2010 subscription instead of getting the cash sent out... just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I'd probably just pay the $33 to get a 3 year subscription.

just a genius move by meno for picking up the lions defense for week 15 ... 10 extra points proved to be the difference for first and second. who would have thought that?

can i ask , as also a fellow member to the contest that have a subcription (got to week 11or12), if the price handed only to Us citizens or also other contries contesters... as i didnt understand the rules ( also now written in the playoff contest.. saying that only most part of US states are included.. but not saying what if a person from Europe or Asia could win a price)

Im from Israel

Ofcource - Congrats to the Winner.. i just saw again the roster of the top5 and it was exciting

Wanted to know if any winners had been contacted yet? The rules state we would be contacted within 14 days of the event becoming official and I've not heard from anyone. I'm not in a rush to get paid I just don't want to get lost in the shuffle since the rules also state we have 15 days from notification of the prize to claim it.

Wanted to know if any winners had been contacted yet? The rules state we would be contacted within 14 days of the event becoming official and I've not heard from anyone. I'm not in a rush to get paid I just don't want to get lost in the shuffle since the rules also state we have 15 days from notification of the prize to claim it.
I haven't received anything yet either (though I am only in line for $25, not $20,000!!). Hopefully we will be told when the notifications are being sent just in case email filters prevent the message from getting through.

I haven't received anything yet either (though I am only in line for $25, not $20,000!!). Hopefully we will be told when the notifications are being sent just in case email filters prevent the message from getting through.
Same here

Users who are viewing this thread