What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2009 Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Millwood: The Quest for 180

Kevin Millwood's valient effort to accumulate 180 total innings and win the prize of a $12m contract next year.

Progress:

Number of Starts: 29

Number of Total Innings: 182.2

Average Innings per Start: 6.29

11-10, 3.79 ERA, 1.363 WHIP, 111 K

Number of Innings Left: 0.0

Number of Possible Starts Remaining*: doesn't matter now

Average Number of Innings Needed per Remaining Starts: zilch

On pace for the season: 207.54 (personal best: 228.0)

*Based on 34 starts per Year - his average as a Ranger

Well, he finally DID it. What looked like a slam dunk in the first half of the season actually was made interesting in the second half. That is not a good thing. It would probably have been better for the Rangers in 2010 for Millwood to have NOT meet his goal, but you have to give Millwood some props for getting there and for the club to hold up their end of the bargain.

Millwood will not be the number one for this team next year, and I could see him being a very reliable inning-eating number three. The pricetag is really high for that role. Millwood could very easily be paid more than the rest of the starting rotation combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to the game Saturday night. Gotta see this thing crash at the finish line live and in person.

Can we just go ahead and call it a season now?

Young and Hamilton should not see the field again this season. Put Feliz on the shelf as well (except Saturday when I am at the game). The only position player that should be out there is Kinsler, in order to get 1 more homer and SB to finish off a 30/30 season.

And someone buy this team already!!!!

Officially eliminated from the AL West. Had to be a character builder watching LAAAAAA celebrate right in front of them. I am extremely proud of this team this year, and once we get the sale of the team out of the way, will be very excited for next year.

Officially eliminated from all playoffs. If you told me at the beginning of the season that we would be in the last week before eliminated, I would have taken that for sure.

Glad to see Hamilton on the shelf, no reason to push anything now. I would shelf Young, Millwood, an injured Byrd, and Feliz at this point. Give Kinsler a few games off to wrap up as well. Let Pudge and Omar play as much as they want. Have Julio and Elvis hit 1-2 for the rest of the season, and let them know this is their audition to be in those spots in 2010.

Have some ideas for offseason posts, but they can wait until next week. The first one will be a breakdown of my opening post and how VERY wrong I was.

Not going to go around bumping posts, but man Tex is working out just as well in NY as he did at any other stop. Guy with a huge head and empty numbers. He was so obscure here that he had everyone fooled. He didn't spend long enough in ATL or LA to be detected at the mega-doosh that we knew him for. I take great pleasure in watching him spare New York to death up there. Even if he's pulling in near AROD money doing so.
oops

Funny that the Rangers ended the regular season with better record that the Twins and Tigers. It took the Twins 163 games to match them in wins.

The Ticket is reporting that Evan Grant is reporting that Rudy Jaramillo has rejected a one year deal with the Rangers.

This could be extremely intresting. I for one think it's time for a change. He did some amazing things for this team in the past, but I think there is a need for a change in how this team thinks about hitting.

Now with Linky

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ticket is reporting that Evan Grant is reporting that Rudy Jaramillo has rejected a one year deal with the Rangers.

This could be extremely intresting. I for one think it's time for a change. He did some amazing things for this team in the past, but I think there is a need for a change in how this team thinks about hitting.

Now with Linky
The Cubs wanted him, and this was the club's way of saying we at least tried to retain you. Typical Hicks nonsense. Not that I care really. I'm ready to see the dude go he presided over a large portion of the roid years so it's nearly impossible to measure his worth.

Now with Linky
The Cubs wanted him, and this was the club's way of saying we at least tried to retain you. Typical Hicks nonsense. Not that I care really. I'm ready to see the dude go he presided over a large portion of the roid years so it's nearly impossible to measure his worth.
I think that right there was huge. When you look back over the guys that excelled under Rudy, like GMJ, DeRosa, etc. they have either been linked with 'roids or "were never as good again". You have to think that Rudy knew who was and wasn't using, and hell, he could have been a source.

I'm confused about the ownership thing, but the recent moves seem to be real hasty if they were in fact getting a new owner in place.

Right now I'm considering just aborting this thing for a year. It's clear there's no motivation to win here. Maybe I'll take up a hobby instead like growing pot.

I'm confused about the ownership thing, but the recent moves seem to be real hasty if they were in fact getting a new owner in place.Right now I'm considering just aborting this thing for a year. It's clear there's no motivation to win here. Maybe I'll take up a hobby instead like growing pot.
Are you going to use the SOG method?

Users who are viewing this thread