What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2009 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Neftali Feliz is warming up here in the 6th. My baseball pants are all kinds of happy.

Strikeout.

Strikeout.

Strikeout.

Baseball pants just flew across the room.
The 90 and 91 mph pitches were his 2-seamers. The two in the 80s were curves. Your breaking ball coming in at 90 is just stupid good.

Last edited by a moderator:
####. At least we can identify the start of this Oakland series as the official time of death. One week short of hanging on until the Cowboys started playing.

####. At least we can identify the start of this Oakland series as the official time of death. One week short of hanging on until the Cowboys started playing.
I made this exact statement at work today. The time to start thinking 2010 is pretty much here. I might wait until after the weekend series, but it is not looking good for this season.

Not looking good for next season with Hamilton now not a sure bat in the middle of the lineup.

No leadoff hitter and no middle power bat.

Not looking good for next season with Hamilton now not a sure bat in the middle of the lineup. No leadoff hitter and no middle power bat.
Borbon and Smoak?? Too early to count on them for 2010?
See this is the thing there are tons of guys that are in no way shape or form ready to make the leap next yearElvisSmoakDavisBorbon(insert catcher here)(entire pitching staff)How can someone reasonably count on all these guys coming through? And that's what is going to have to happen.

Not looking good for next season with Hamilton now not a sure bat in the middle of the lineup. No leadoff hitter and no middle power bat.
Borbon and Smoak?? Too early to count on them for 2010?
See this is the thing there are tons of guys that are in no way shape or form ready to make the leap next yearElvisSmoakDavisBorbon(insert catcher here)(entire pitching staff)How can someone reasonably count on all these guys coming through? And that's what is going to have to happen.
Very good point. This team is right on the verge of being TB 2008 good, or Pittsburgh every year bad, but with potential.

Team off life-support. Can we play LAAAA all the time??

The Dutch Oven was simply on fire today.

...now tied for the Wild Card spot.......hopefully they can SWEEP the Indians and then split (or better) vs Boston at home

Millwood: The Quest for 180

Kevin Millwood's valient effort to accumulate 180 total innings and win the prize of a $12m contract next year.

Progress:

Number of Starts: 22

Number of Total Innings: 144.0

Average Innings per Start: 6.545

9-7, 3.38 ERA, 1.292 WHIP, 89 K

Number of Innings Left: 36.0

Number of Possible Starts Remaining*: 11

Average Number of Innings Needed per Remaining Starts: 3.27

On pace for the season: 215.98 (personal best: 228.0)

*Based on 34 starts per Year - his average as a Ranger

Lost a start, which tightens things a bit, but comes back with 6 solid against the Halos on Saturday. Should still cost into 180. Looking to be the single old man in 2010 with a very young lineup (Holland, Hunter, Feldman, Feliz)

borbon is on way to LA
Padilla gone. Good riddance.
Such a cocky move though. I mean at some point that arm could come in handy.
Nippert+clubhouse chemistry >> Padilla+clubhouse in-fightingThis is like the manager getting ejected in the 6th trying to pump up his team who is down 3-0. I think it will work for a while, just not sure if it lasts the whole season.

Feliz' line for today: 2.0 IP, 29 PC, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 K

The groundout to short for his sixth out of work was almost a disappointment as he had a 2-2 count on the batter.

I still can't believe this pitching. Best team ERA in the AL since the All-Star break? :unsure:

3.48 since the break :o

4.15 on the season (3rd in AL)

Last season they were dead last... 5.37

I still can't believe this pitching. Best team ERA in the AL since the All-Star break? :confused:3.48 since the break :o4.15 on the season (3rd in AL)Last season they were dead last... 5.37
How about Hunter leading the AL in ERA since June 28th with a 1.97.

Bogart said:
Feliz' line for today: 2.0 IP, 29 PC, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 KThe groundout to short for his sixth out of work was almost a disappointment as he had a 2-2 count on the batter.
Ridiculous. He has struck out like something like 65% of the batters that he has faced. As a Braves fan, it is going tough watching Feliz pitch for a long time.

Bogart said:
Feliz' line for today: 2.0 IP, 29 PC, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 5 KThe groundout to short for his sixth out of work was almost a disappointment as he had a 2-2 count on the batter.
I would totally have N-Fel's babies right now.

Bogart said:
Ridiculous. He has struck out like something like 65% of the batters that he has faced. As a Braves fan, it is going tough watching Feliz pitch for a long time.
The starting catcher, great defensive shortstop and next year's fifth starter weren't bad parts of that deal either.

Bogart said:
The starting catcher, great defensive shortstop and next year's fifth starter weren't bad parts of that deal either.
Years from now the trade of Hershel Walker from Dallas to Minn will be known as a Mark Teixeria type trade. JD really did build a solid foundation that you can build off of for years to come with that trade.

ooof...........that may well go down as one of the toughest.....and costly losses of the season. I really thought they had the game when CJ got out of the 8th inning.

ooof...........that may well go down as one of the toughest.....and costly losses of the season. I really thought they had the game when CJ got out of the 8th inning.
I got physically ill watching that. The fact they really should have swept the sox is just stunning to me. How are they doing this?

I got physically ill watching that. The fact they really should have swept the sox is just stunning to me. How are they doing this?
Pitching, defense.Every year I look over at the NL West and see some Dodger team or Padre team that is winning the division with a bunch of guys hitting 0.240 and could not understand how they were doing it. Now I see. This season is going to be insane to the very end.

I would totally have N-Fel's babies right now.
Baseball pants are getting even happier about N-Fel now. 0.23 WHIP is pretty pimp.
OSB has to be pulling the remainder of his hair out wondering how best to use N-Fel. Closer? Starter? 2-inning bullpen guy? Solve the economic crisis?I still can't wrap my Ranger head around the idea of having some pitching on this team.

Trying to decide if I am pissed or not that Matt Perke could not get signed. Do you applaud Texas for taking the chance, but then sticking to their guns on what they can spend? Would you have rather seen them draft someone that would have been easier to sign, but not as good a player?

Right now, I'm OK with how Texas handled the situation. The system is still stacked and you get the 15th pick next year to try and get that impact player next draft.

Love bringing Pudge back. Will help at the plate and behind it. Not to mention you sell a few tickets to the old time Ranger fans.

I'm a little disappointed in Neftali tonight. That one hit he gave up moved his WHIP up from 0.28 to 0.34. And he got to 3 balls on a batter and almost surrendered his first walk.

Millwood: The Quest for 180

Kevin Millwood's valient effort to accumulate 180 total innings and win the prize of a $12m contract next year.

Progress:

Number of Starts: 24

Number of Total Innings: 155.1

Average Innings per Start: 6.47

9-8, 3.48 ERA, 1.313 WHIP, 97 K

Number of Innings Left: 24.6

Number of Possible Starts Remaining*: 9

Average Number of Innings Needed per Remaining Starts: 2.74

On pace for the season: 213.51 (personal best: 228.0)

*Based on 34 starts per Year - his average as a Ranger

The first time all season I missed an update. With Holland/Hunter/Feliz Fever I had forgotten about the bulldog of the staff. This feels like a limp to the finish for Millwood, who will still have great numbers at the end of the season, just not as great as they were early on.

It's a strange thing when usually at this time of year rangers games are usually just an excuse to drink heavily. Now for the first time I'm actually looking up the next 10 game schedule and pitchers and monitoring all the crap like that. Games are tense. Real tense. I get the feeling that regardless this was a real experience builder and the next year they will come out blasting. The road to the playoffs still in my mind is through LA.

I pronounced this thing DOA in early August. Taking even just 3 of next 6 would bring this thing back from the brink. The Red Sox still have a very hard road ahead of them. While this isn't the last big test it's probably the most important one from a moementum perspective.

hard to say if that play was a busted call or not. Camera sure looked safe, but the way that they kept screwing feliz on pitches made this go further than it had to.

That K of AROD nearly had me calling my doctor for a 4 hour erection.

Users who are viewing this thread