What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2011 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

As a longtime Cardinals fan, good luck tonight! It has been a great series, with plenty of ups and downs for both teams. I obviously am hoping the Cardinals win, but if the Rangers do win, I'll be happy for them. :thumbup: :thumbup:

So who can we use out of the bullpen tonight?

CJ for a few

Holland for one?

Gonzalez

Adams... how about two innings tonight?

Feliz

Feldman... maybe save him for extra innings?

I don't want to see Lowe or Oliver anywhere near the field, unless it's in a postgame dogpile. Ogando should be in the dugout ready to pinch-hit or pinch-run. No pitching please.

Edit to add: thinking about this is really helping me put last night in the rearview. Clouds are parting... :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
So who can we use out of the bullpen tonight?CJ for a fewHolland for one?GonzalezAdams... how about two innings tonight?FelizFeldman... maybe save him for extra innings?I don't want to see Lowe or Oliver anywhere near the field, unless it's in a postgame dogpile. Ogando should be in the dugout ready to pinch-hit or pinch-run. No pitching please.Edit to add: thinking about this is really helping me put last night in the rearview. Clouds are parting... :thumbup:
I think Harrison for five, CJ for three, Feliz with the save.Rangers win big and continue the streak of no back-to-back losses.

'Disco Stu said:
From the twitter...

Game 7 lineup: Kinsler, 2b; Andrus, ss; Hamilton, cf; Young, 1b; Beltre, 3b; Cruz, rf; Napoli, c; Murphy, lf; Harrison, p.
Love seeing Nap in there. That is your best lineup. With all the garbage you have to deal with with Young in the field, this is the moment you have to have him in. I look for him to do something special.

'Disco Stu said:
From the twitter...

Game 7 lineup: Kinsler, 2b; Andrus, ss; Hamilton, cf; Young, 1b; Beltre, 3b; Cruz, rf; Napoli, c; Murphy, lf; Harrison, p.
Love seeing Nap in there. That is your best lineup. With all the garbage you have to deal with with Young in the field, this is the moment you have to have him in. I look for him to do something special.
As far as injuries go, it sounds like Cruz is a bigger question mark than Napoli.

'Disco Stu said:
From the twitter...

Saw twitter reference to Wash saying (re Young) "we gotta get his ### off the field" or somesuch. Is this on youtube?Courage, men. Lets all have courage.

'Disco Stu said:
From the twitter...

As far as injuries go, it sounds like Cruz is a bigger question mark than Napoli.
right. you don't want to be in a situation where you pull cruz for murphy.

'Disco Stu said:
From the twitter...

Saw twitter reference to Wash saying (re Young) "we gotta get his ### off the field" or somesuch. Is this on youtube?Courage, men. Lets all have courage.
Bob and Dan ran the audio today.It's pretty clear what he was saying.

Figured you guys would read this in here before you'd go back to the WS thread, so I'm posting here.

First, congrats to you guys on a great season. One team had to lose, but that doesn't diminish the effort of the team that did.

Second, Washington and the rest of the organization handled themselves with complete class, from the first pitch of Game 1 to the last question in the post-game before they got on a plane. You guys have a great organization you're supporting, be proud of it.

Third, I know I may have rubbed many of you the wrong way in the WS thread. Don't take it personal, I like to ruffle feathers from time to time. Trust me when I say I watch a lot of baseball (probably too much), and I completely understand your organization and what they're about. Good stuff.

Fourth, I was at Game 6. To a person, each and every one of the Rangers fans I came across handled themselves with class. Even through the tough outcome of the game. I know it is was to say this because my team won, but I truly think that will go down in the history books as one of the most memorable WS games of this era (maybe ever).

Finally, Good luck fellas. You're a good group. Your time will come.

Dallas area ****'s and Academy got a run on something this week they weren't expecting.

Kids baseball gloves.

Based on my limited sample size I have seen roughly a 200 billion % rise in kids playing catch this week.

2012 thread up. Somehow already pumped for the winter meetings, even though I'm on sports vacation right now.

Newberg is great as always but especially great today. Those that will enjoy reading it already have it in their inbox, so no need to link.

Users who are viewing this thread