What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2013 Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Interesting hearing rumors about Kinsler and/or Moreland being thrown around. An infield of Beltre, Andrus, Profar and Olt?

Pretty impossible to tell what's going on right now.

Supposedly we're hot and heavy on Greinke.

We're also involved in a 4 way trade that would bring us Upton.

We're also involved in talks for James Shields.

And we're the leader for Hamilton.

We can't do them all. :)

Pretty impossible to tell what's going on right now.Supposedly we're hot and heavy on Greinke.We're also involved in a 4 way trade that would bring us Upton.We're also involved in talks for James Shields.And we're the leader for Hamilton.We can't do them all. :)
Or can we?

So the consensus is that the Mariners are going to offer somewhere in the 3/70 range for Hamilton.

Imagine what his contract would have looked like at the ASB. At least 5/120 ish.

I am shocked he couldn't find anyone to offer him a 5 year deal for 100. I thought that was his floor.

So it looks like "Plan A" is trade MY, sign Grienke, trade for Upton.

Better than a Hamilton/Shields combo platter?

So it looks like "Plan A" is trade MY, sign Grienke, trade for Upton. Better than a Hamilton/Shields combo platter?
What's Plan C?
Really good ####### question.How about sign Hamilton AND trade for Upton? Murphy and Cruz platoon the 3rd outfield spot/DH. Martin and/or Gentry gone in the trade. Beltre, Andrus, Profar still 3/4 of your infield. Olt or Moreland at first (whoever doesn't go in a trade). Kinsler is your new FACE. Playing second, some third :unsure: and some first. Trust your rotation with Darvish and Harry at the top. Hope for big things from Feliz and Lewis at the ASB.Getting shut out this offseason isn't the end of the world, but sure would be strange considering they were in on everyone early on.

I have my doubts this thing needs to be in a win now situation. The FPTR v2.0 is maybe a year out. Kids just aren't quite there yet and team as a whole isn't shaping up to look like a serious contender. Maybe it's not the best timing to blow through the bankroll?

:shrug:

I have my doubts this thing needs to be in a win now situation. The FPTR v2.0 is maybe a year out. Kids just aren't quite there yet and team as a whole isn't shaping up to look like a serious contender. Maybe it's not the best timing to blow through the bankroll? :shrug:
Here is my guess as to what would run out if the Rangers had to play today. DarvishHarrisonHollandOgandoPerezstill five guys with plus stuff. with Lewis in holding until Julyishand while now a speed and defense teamKinslerandrusmurphyBeltreCruzOLT/MorelandSotoGentry/MartinProfar

Where will Profar play?
Profar would be 2nd with Kinsler taking Young's DH/all over the in-field rolehttp://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/ian-kinsler-not-thrilled-with-the-idea-of-changing-positions/Just a bunch of rumors now.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Eephus said:
'coolnerd said:
'Eephus said:
Where will Profar play?
Profar would be 2nd with Kinsler taking Young's DH/all over the in-field roleian-kinsler-not-thrilled-with-the-idea-of-changing-positionsJust a bunch of rumors now.
Any talk of Kinsler moving to the OF?
Yes, there is that thought as well. But I think for that to happen, either Cruz or Murphy would have to go in a trade.Lots of puzzle pieces, just not sure how they all fit together yet.

'Eephus said:
'coolnerd said:
'Eephus said:
Where will Profar play?
Profar would be 2nd with Kinsler taking Young's DH/all over the in-field roleian-kinsler-not-thrilled-with-the-idea-of-changing-positionsJust a bunch of rumors now.
Any talk of Kinsler moving to the OF?
Yes, there is talk of him potentially being a corner guy. We will see if there is anything to it.

BTW, my over thought is that the Rangers have something going that fans and the media are not seeing/hearing at the moment. there is some player/pitcher in play that is not known and that the move they will make. (I kinda hope this is the case).

If they really go to a speed and defense club then it is way past time to fix the gold club issue.

I have my doubts this thing needs to be in a win now situation. The FPTR v2.0 is maybe a year out. Kids just aren't quite there yet and team as a whole isn't shaping up to look like a serious contender. Maybe it's not the best timing to blow through the bankroll? :shrug:
Here is my guess as to what would run out if the Rangers had to play today. DarvishHarrisonHollandOgandoPerezstill five guys with plus stuff. with Lewis in holding until Julyishand while now a speed and defense teamKinslerandrusmurphyBeltreCruzOLT/MorelandSotoGentry/MartinProfar
Worst case situation, not horrible, but not great either. You are asking for every youngster to improve greatly, and Murphy to have a career year, if you want to win the AL West.

Daniels says that they were not given the right to match.
That's not very Godly of the Hamilton camp.
When it's all said and done, Texas will probably have gotten Hamilton's best years and definitely his highest value ones.
Don't get me wrong. I would be upset if Texas signed him to 5 years/125,000,001, I just find it interesting when during the entire process, Josh said he would let Texas match, and then at the end, Daniels (always quiet about the process) is mad enough to make the comment.

I think that you can read ALOT into the fact that Daniel's made that statement.

I agree that him leaving is a good thing. Just don't like being misled...............I'm sure that the "lord" told him to handle it this way.

RT @newbury1310: Can't wait for the first Josh vs Scioscia run in. "What the F do you mean you can't see?"

I don't really care about the not matching. It is like the girl you told let's date other people and when the one dude you hate puts the ring on her finger, you claim that we never really broke up.

Edit: Daniels tried to get Hamilton at the Rangers' price w/o aggressive pursuit. Got burned and is coming off as naive.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Josh has done a lot for the organization. The organization has done a lot for Josh -- a lot of things that aren't public and things of that nature. I'm a little disappointed in how it was handled, but he had a decision to make and he made it."
How long until these things come out?

"Josh has done a lot for the organization. The organization has done a lot for Josh -- a lot of things that aren't public and things of that nature. I'm a little disappointed in how it was handled, but he had a decision to make and he made it."
The bathroom stall at Sherlock's?

The bathroom stall at Sherlock's?
I still think there was way more to this story than what was let on. If not the actual event the days leading up to it.

Definition of a timebomb. Angels will have 90MM on the books to some real washed up old guys in 2 years.

It should also be noted that the guy he is replacing (Hunter) has a higher WAR.

Do I sound bitter?

All I know is the Josh hot-streaks are going to really, really suck now. Would have much preferred he was launched into space (NL).

Any Ranger pitcher throwing him a first pitch strike needs to be an automatic fine in the kangaroo court.

over the last 4 months of the 2012 season, Hamilton was basically Alfonso Soriano. Of course, in the 1st 2 months, he was Babe Ruth.

i'm satisfied with letting another team pay for that much for him.

i couldn't get Angel Pagan here, so will have to settle for Bourn
I don't really see what Bourn is going to do that a Gentry/Martin platoon won't come close to doing for like infinity less dollars.We need a RH hitting bat in the OF so Murph doesn't play everyday, and we need someone to play first base/DH. And a good defensive catcher would be nice too.

I don't really see what Bourn is going to do that a Gentry/Martin platoon won't come close to doing for like infinity less dollars.We need a RH hitting bat in the OF so Murph doesn't play everyday, and we need someone to play first base/DH. And a good defensive catcher would be nice too.
Add LaRoche and Willingham. Problem solved. IanElvisWillinghamBeltreLaRocheCruzMurphyGentry/MartinSoto/ Schopach

Add LaRoche and Willingham. Problem solved. IanElvisWillinghamBeltreLaRocheCruzMurphyGentry/MartinSoto/ Schopach
Willingham won't come cheap. He's signed to a very friendly contract for two years and is coming off his best year. The Twins aren't going to contend but they're under no pressure to deal him.

Willingham won't come cheap. He's signed to a very friendly contract for two years and is coming off his best year. The Twins aren't going to contend but they're under no pressure to deal him.
Agree, but he's going to be a lot cheaper than Upton. Guys like young controllable pitchers like Ogando, Perez, Buckel and some OF pieces like Gentry, Beltre, Borboun... Moreland could probably get a deal without losing an Andrus, Profar or Olt that would be required in an Upton deal. He could DH/OF with Cruz and Murphy. Not the most impressive defensive outfield, but a solid 1-7 lineup. Ogando has 4 years of team control left.

that's a reasonable point.i like Leonys Martin, but don't see Gentry as anything better than a 4th OF. Martin could slide into RF if Cruz is part of a trade package. If no Bourn, then i'd be fine with Martin as the full-time CF. Big boppers (esp at 1B) are the 2nd most over-valued commodity in the game, after closers.Bourn adds more all-around value than a guy like Laroche or Swisher. His agent is Boras, so the price could prove to be too steep, but i'd take him for 4/55.

I don't really care about the not matching. It is like the girl you told let's date other people and when the one dude you hate puts the ring on her finger, you claim that we never really broke up.Edit: Daniels tried to get Hamilton at the Rangers' price w/o aggressive pursuit. Got burned and is coming off as naive.
I will say this, I won't miss Katie Hamilton one bit.
All I know is that ditz makes me feel dumber for using a relationship analogy.

I don't really care about the not matching. It is like the girl you told let's date other people and when the one dude you hate puts the ring on her finger, you claim that we never really broke up.Edit: Daniels tried to get Hamilton at the Rangers' price w/o aggressive pursuit. Got burned and is coming off as naive.
I will say this, I won't miss Katie Hamilton one bit.
All I know is that ditz makes me feel dumber for using a relationship analogy.
All in the past now, but the story came out on radio today that one of the two owners of the Rangers invited Josh and Katie to their home for dinner with them and their wife. No agents, no JD, no Nolan. Just dinner to discuss the future and what they might be able to do. Josh and Katie declined. They wanted out.

Users who are viewing this thread