What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL***The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion thread (1 Viewer)

So I was on my way to see Jauffre to give him the amulet and decided to stop in a cave. Man that sucker took a long time to complete, two nights worth of playing. I had to go out two times to get some sleep to refill my health bar.

At least I figured out you can use the go here option on the map. That saves some time if you're not looking to explore.

One thing that is boggling me is this persuation technique. Any tips? I understand you want the maxed out wedge to be selected in the things the other character is positive about. But what am I trying to accomplish? I just don't get it.
There are several posts herein - use the search this thread option in the lower left corner and search persuasion.

So I was on my way to see Jauffre to give him the amulet and decided to stop in a cave.  Man that sucker took a long time to complete, two nights worth of playing.  I had to go out two times to get some sleep to refill my health bar.

At least I figured out you can use the go here option on the map.  That saves some time if you're not looking to explore.

One thing that is boggling me is this persuation technique.  Any tips?  I understand you want the maxed out wedge to be selected in the things the other character is positive about.  But what am I trying to accomplish?  I just don't get it.
There are several posts herein - use the search this thread option in the lower left corner and search persuasion.
I never knew about that in thread search. I definitely would have used it b/c I was sure that topic had been discussed in here. Thanks for the tip.

I made a Kajhit thief the other day and I was stoked about the "seeing in the dark" trait. I was pretty f'n disappointed when I found out it was just a 30 second nighteye spell. 30 seconds blows. :thumbdown:

So I was on my way to see Jauffre to give him the amulet and decided to stop in a cave. Man that sucker took a long time to complete, two nights worth of playing. I had to go out two times to get some sleep to refill my health bar.

At least I figured out you can use the go here option on the map. That saves some time if you're not looking to explore.

One thing that is boggling me is this persuation technique. Any tips? I understand you want the maxed out wedge to be selected in the things the other character is positive about. But what am I trying to accomplish? I just don't get it.
I never knew about that in thread search. I definitely would have used it b/c I was sure that topic had been discussed in here. Thanks for the tip.
I do take paypal. ;)

I made a Kajhit thief the other day and I was stoked about the "seeing in the dark" trait. I was pretty f'n disappointed when I found out it was just a 30 second nighteye spell. 30 seconds blows. :thumbdown:
On the other hand, the 30 second invisibility birthsign is kinda useful at times.

Or you could just to to elderscrolls.com and check out the official Oblivion forums.They JUST MIGHT have more info then this thread. ;)

Or you could just to to elderscrolls.com and check out the official Oblivion forums.They JUST MIGHT have more info then this thread. ;)
BLASPHEMER!

So I was on my way to see Jauffre to give him the amulet and decided to stop in a cave.  Man that sucker took a long time to complete, two nights worth of playing.  I had to go out two times to get some sleep to refill my health bar.

At least I figured out you can use the go here option on the map.  That saves some time if you're not looking to explore.

One thing that is boggling me is this persuation technique.  Any tips?  I understand you want the maxed out wedge to be selected in the things the other character is positive about.  But what am I trying to accomplish?  I just don't get it.
That is unpossible.

1 - Can't get to that site at work. Many gaming sites are blocked.2 - I like it here.

:thumbup:

Last night left Jauffre and headed over to find the Priest and found out all hell broke loose. Began the gate closing quest but backed out and decided to not go for that yet. I'm thinking I started that too soon overall.

Then went to Anvil for my first experience in a city. When I got there, it said that main guard that was back by the Oblivion gate became unconcious. Not sure what triggered that or what it means. Pretty cool stuff in the city. The Fighters Guild welcomed me. A bunch of new quests opened up. Lots of things to do around there. Great game so far. :thumbup:

1 - Can't get to that site at work. Many gaming sites are blocked.2 - I like it here.

Last night left Jauffre and headed over to find the Priest and found out all hell broke loose. Began the gate closing quest but backed out and decided to not go for that yet. I'm thinking I started that too soon overall.

Then went to Anvil for my first experience in a city. When I got there, it said that main guard that was back by the Oblivion gate became unconcious. Not sure what triggered that or what it means. Pretty cool stuff in the city. The Fighters Guild welcomed me. A bunch of new quests opened up. Lots of things to do around there. Great game so far. :thumbup:
If it told you that I think it means that the game though you were trying to close that gate and he was part of your party.

If it told you that I think it means that the game though you were trying to close that gate and he was part of your party.
I went back to my previous save, which was right before I meet him, so I don't think I ever met him when it said he's unconcious. I guess I got close enough to the city or something.

Hey guys, just recently got back into this game after a few months off to brush up on my CoD 2 skills. Xbox 360.

No idea what level I am... 16 or 17 maybe. I just recently gained entry into the mage guild (already the Arena League Grand Champ, fairly high up int the DB'hood, and the thieves and fighters guild), and started enchanting stuff. Pretty sweet to buy a weak sword for 300g, go and enchant it, then sell it back for twice that much plus some.

Quick question though. My guy (archer assasin type) is more stealth/melee... not much for magic. When I enchant stuff, I quickly run out of... 'magic points' (for a lack of better description). Like I can only put a 20 shock charge, for 1 second with no area on my weapon. I'm guessing I can't make my enchantments uber-powerful because my dude isn't isn't primarily a magic user, and thus my skills in magic aint all that great.

Does that sound about right? I think my destruction magic skill is like 25 or 30, restoration is 30, and the rest are practically non-existant. I'm assuming I need to get my skills higher to get better enchantments?

How do I up those other magic skills? Restoration is easy as I'm consitantly healing myself durting battles. I got a bit of conjuration as well. Enough to conjur a skamp, fire off a couple of fireballs into it to up my destruction, then finish it off with my sword.

Another question, during recent leveling, I've been sure to up my INT as much as possible. Does that really help with what spells you can cast, or is it mostly how much mana you have and how quickly you regenerate it?

Re: running our of magic --

Once you start going on quests into the Aelyid (sp?) Ruins you start finding Varla stones. Those will "refill" your magic casting abaility so search those out and save them for battle times when you need the spellcasting.

I already beat and sold this game on 360 -- havent thought about it in a while. great game. :nerd:

Grey Pilgrim said:
Quick question though. My guy (archer assasin type) is more stealth/melee... not much for magic. When I enchant stuff, I quickly run out of... 'magic points' (for a lack of better description). Like I can only put a 20 shock charge, for 1 second with no area on my weapon. I'm guessing I can't make my enchantments uber-powerful because my dude isn't isn't primarily a magic user, and thus my skills in magic aint all that great.

Does that sound about right? I think my destruction magic skill is like 25 or 30, restoration is 30, and the rest are practically non-existant. I'm assuming I need to get my skills higher to get better enchantments?
To enchant items to "uber" levels you need to have soul gems filled with souls. The bigger the soul gem the more enchantment power the weapon or item will be able to have. Below is a chart showing the levels of souls and the "power" each soul has.Soul & Capacity

Petty 150

Lesser 300

Common 800

Greater 1200

Grand 1600

To capture souls you need an empty soul gem and a soul trap spell. Cast the soul trap spell on the creature who's soul that you want to capture and then kill the creature before the soul trap spell wears off.

The bigger and more badass the creature the bigger soul it will have. The creatures that appear are based on your level so a level 5 - 10 player will only run into creatures that will have petty and lesser souls and when you build up your character to higher levels you will start to find some of the creatures that will have bigger souls.

You must have the correct soul gem to capture a big soul. If you only have a lesser soul gem you will not be able to capture a greater or grand soul.

Be careful because if you only have an empty grand soul gem and trap a petty soul the grand soul gem will capture the petty soul and it will be a waste of the extra space that the grand soul gem would have had. (Soul gems are single use)

Complete resource on all things Oblivion

Ahhh, so it doesn't depend on your casting skill, just how big a soul gem you use. I had like two or three at the time, so I can't remember which kind I used. Sure it was a rather small one.

Thanks.

Also note that a good place to get grand soul gems is in the arena, after you've become grand champion -- you can go back once a week and fight up to three minotaurs. Each of those will fill a grand soul gem and you can stick and move and defeat those guys pretty easily.

I have been meaning to get back into this game. It is just so durn pretty to look at. Plus, with NWN2 and Medieval 2 coming really fast, there is not much time left to finish it. :nerd:

Sweet, I'd been using the Akavari Warblade (nice little two-handed sword), but I think I'll go back and make a few different one-handed blades.

Here's another question, can you use multiple enchantments.... or just one per weapon. I noticed that I can enchant my warblade with anything else..... or the bow of infernal frost.

Weapons can have multiple I believe, while armor can have only one. Now, by multiple, I mean it all has to come from 1 enchantment - you just spread out the enchantment over a few different effects.

For instance, +10 fire damage and -10 fire resistance and stuff like that. Cool to stack stuff like that.

Another interesting thing to try is to make an outfit of chameleon, or so I have heard. You know, 20% chameleon on 5 different things and stuff. :whistle:

I'll have to play around with it a bit more when I get home. I've only enchanted one thing so far....

The chameleon thing sounds pretty sweet... they can't hit what they can't see...

Ok so I want to make a scout type character, equally good with the bow and blade/block combo.

What race / major skills do I choose?

What do major skills do for me other then boost my starting skill, you can train in every skill right?

I assume all skills that have not been selected as major are considered minor skills?

This is what I have so far...

Race: Wood Elf

Birthsign: Thief

Specialization: Combat (either this or stealth, figured combat to help boost my blade/block)

Attributes: Agility, Luck

Major Skills:

Mysticism (Int)
Restoration (Wil)
Illusion (Per)
Marksman (Agi)
Light Armor (Spe)
Blade (Str)
Block (End)40 Intelligence

15 Alchem

25 Mysticism

5 Conjuration

30 Willpower

5 Destruction

10 Alteration

25 Restoration

30 Personality

25 Illusion

5 Mercantile

5 Speechcraft

65 Agility

5 Security

15 Sneak

35 Marksman

60 Speed

10 Athletics

10 Acrobatics

30 Light Armor

30 Strength

10 Blunt

30 Blade

10 Hand to Hand

40 Endurance

30 Block

10 Armorer

10 Heavy Armor

65 Luck

Max Level: 51 (?)

Max Level (45.5 - 53.5)

This is the level your character will be when all seven major skills are maxed at 100. Higher levels can be reached with quest rewards and exploits. Note that maxing all eight attributes will prevent further leveling, with no known workaround.

Encumbrance: 150

Health: 80

Magicka: 80

Fatigue: 165

This obviously gives me the greatest pluses to AGI & MARKS, but are stat modifiers that important, or should I look to go for a more balanced build with maybe a warrior birthsign? I actually like the high luck for the better loot and given the fact that it is very tough to raise luck?

Also do I want blade and marks as primaries? I read that you don't want to use skills you will use a lot as primaries since it might advance your level too fast, does that mean I should use blunt weapons and magic to kill mobs? I don't have the game yet, but will be getting it next week, I am just doing my :nerd: homework.

I assume you guys know about the free money hacks - will those be available to me when I run the game, or did they patch that - I will be playing on xbox-360, so not sure if that matters - I assume gameplay will be on par with the PC version.

1 of the first things I want to do is train umbra to the NPC guards so I can get that nice wep, I heard that could land me in jail tho, even at level 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
bah now I am thinking...

Race: Redguard (Traits: Adrenaline Rush (daily: Fortify Agi/Spd/Str/End 50 pt., Fortify Health 25 pt. for 1 min.), Resist Poison/Disease (constant: 75 pt. Self))

Birthsign: Thief

Specialization: Combat

Attributes: Strength, Endurance

Major Skills:

Mysticism (Int)
Restoration (Wil)
Illusion (Per)
Marksman (Agi)
Light Armor (Spe)
Blade (Str)
Block (End)
30 Intelligence

30 Willpower

30 Personality

50 Agility

50 Speed

55 Strength

55 Endurance

60 Luck

:tumbleweed:

I ended up creating my Scout this way...

Max Level: 51.5

Encumbrance: 250

Health: 100

Magicka: 60

Fatigue: 185

Name: Hiro

Class: Custom

Race: Redguard

Birthsign: The Thief

Specialization: Stealth

Attributes: Agility, Luck

Major Skills:

Alteration,

Restoration,

Illusion,

Marksman,

Acrobatics,

Blade,

Armorer

Abilities:

* Adrenaline Rush (daily: effects below for 1 min.):

-- Fortify Agility, Speed, Strength, and Endurance (50 pt. Self)

-- Fortify Health (25 pt. Self)

* Resist Poison (constant: 75 pt. Self)

* Resist Disease (constant: 75 pt. Self)

Attribute/Skill Stats:

30 Intelligence

5 Alchemy

5 Mysticism

5 Conjuration

30 Willpower

5 Destruction

25 Alteration

25 Restoration

30 Personality

25 Illusion

15 Mercantile

10 Speechcraft

55 Agility

10 Security

10 Sneak

30 Marksman

50 Speed

15 Athletics

30 Acrobatics

15 Light Armor

50 Strength

15 Blunt

35 Blade

5 Hand to Hand

50 Endurance

5 Block

25 Armorer

10 Heavy Armor

65 Luck

General Uber-character advice:

Don't make the skills you use the most your major skills. You will advanced in level too quickly and not have enough pts to assign to attributes.

If you want to do magic a lot you pretty much have to take a birth sign that will boost your mana points

General Uber-character advice:Don't make the skills you use the most your major skills. You will advanced in level too quickly and not have enough pts to assign to attributes.If you want to do magic a lot you pretty much have to take a birth sign that will boost your mana points
:thumbup: I played until like 3 AM last night and finally got a level up icon due to marksmanship when I tried taking Umbra out from a ledge after shooting like 300 arrows and not even denting her. Looks like I need to slide the difficulty all the way down to beat her to get her sword without having to wait until like lvl 17 or 20.I thought the mobs were the same level as me or 1 level higher?I tried "training" her all the way back to Imp. City but the guards arrested me :ph34r: I hear you can kill her by running around that poisonous gas room, but she kills me in 2 hits, I think I will just wait a level or two after I get a better bow, arrows and poison.

Don't make the skills you use the most your major skills. You will advanced in level too quickly and not have enough pts to assign to attributes.

If you want to do magic a lot you pretty much have to take a birth sign that will boost your mana points
:thumbup: I played until like 3 AM last night and finally got a level up icon due to marksmanship when I tried taking Umbra out from a ledge after shooting like 300 arrows and not even denting her. Looks like I need to slide the difficulty all the way down to beat her to get her sword without having to wait until like lvl 17 or 20.I thought the mobs were the same level as me or 1 level higher?

I tried "training" her all the way back to Imp. City but the guards arrested me :ph34r:

I hear you can kill her by running around that poisonous gas room, but she kills me in 2 hits, I think I will just wait a level or two after I get a better bow, arrows and poison.
Can somebody explain this a little further?Basically, if I'm a level 7, is everything I fight around that level no matter where I go or what I do? Or is each character/opponent set as they are, so the better I get I'll have an edge against certain things?

Sorry if :confused: .

:thumbup: I played until like 3 AM last night and finally got a level up icon due to marksmanship when I tried taking Umbra out from a ledge after shooting like 300 arrows and not even denting her. Looks like I need to slide the difficulty all the way down to beat her to get her sword without having to wait until like lvl 17 or 20.I thought the mobs were the same level as me or 1 level higher?

I tried "training" her all the way back to Imp. City but the guards arrested me :ph34r:

I hear you can kill her by running around that poisonous gas room, but she kills me in 2 hits, I think I will just wait a level or two after I get a better bow, arrows and poison.
Can somebody explain this a little further?Basically, if I'm a level 7, is everything I fight around that level no matter where I go or what I do? Or is each character/opponent set as they are, so the better I get I'll have an edge against certain things?

This explains it pretty well.

This explains it pretty well.
Can you paste it in here? I can't get to that site from work.

The Leveling Problem

If you're a fighting type, you probably gain a level when your weapon and armor skills have increased enough that you really are much stronger. But if you're a sneaky type, you can easily get really sneaky without getting stronger. When you gain levels without getting stronger, the monsters can become too strong for you.

This can happen to wizards as well. The trouble with wizards is that they can gain levels without gaining commensurate new spells. You can easily gain three levels just travelling between towns and maintaining your utility spells like light, life detection and a summoned skeleton. Which means that you've gained 0 money and no spells, but now you're facing level four monsters instead of level one monsters. When you arrive in town, you're still not a member of any of the guilds, have no money to buy spells, and so when you take on your first guild missions, you will get wasted because you are not equipped to deal with the challenges. Your main attack is still the 6 damage fire spell you start out with, and you have no means of buying anything more useful.

The spells themselves don't scale with your level, you either have to purchase more powerful spells or use the spell creation altar to obtain more powerful versions of spells you already know (requires access to arcane university or the Frostcragg Spire official plug-in plus about 2500 gold in upgrades for the fortress). Indeed, the only number that matters is your skill level.

lots of super info there in wiki format, highly suggest you check it out at home.

Ooh - Frsotcragg Spire? Is that a new free plug-in, or pay?
I don't know much about plug-ins - only been playing 1 day and I am playing it on the Xbox so I think the plug-ins are limited, but I know they have a points system to download official plug-ins from xbox-live.

Ooh - Frsotcragg Spire? Is that a new free plug-in, or pay?
I don't know much about plug-ins - only been playing 1 day and I am playing it on the Xbox so I think the plug-ins are limited, but I know they have a points system to download official plug-ins from xbox-live.
I just bought 3200 points for $30, so I am looking at games to download. Not so much interested in the plug-ins.

Ok so I joined the Thieves Guild last night, next I want to join the Dark Brotherhood (they have a nice Bow I can buy exclusive to members), will joining the DB get me kicked out of the Thieves Guild - or is that only if I get caught for the murder? Do I need to do the quest chain to get the Gray Fox disguise in order to commit the murder or do I just have to be very clandestine in my murder attempt so I don't get a bounty or something associated with me?

Ok so I joined the Thieves Guild last night, next I want to join the Dark Brotherhood (they have a nice Bow I can buy exclusive to members), will joining the DB get me kicked out of the Thieves Guild - or is that only if I get caught for the murder? Do I need to do the quest chain to get the Gray Fox disguise in order to commit the murder or do I just have to be very clandestine in my murder attempt so I don't get a bounty or something associated with me?
I'm not sure about Thieves, but you can commit the initial murder while being part of both the Fighters and Magic (real name has slipped my mind) Guilds. I'm still in all three right now.

Yeah I followed the walkthru for the Elven Maiden, I guess I needed to complete the quest before killing the watchwoman, but money is cheap so I just paid the blood price and everything is fine.

I figured out how to dup items, going to take out Umbra next at lvl 4 (or try to), should be easier then at lvl 1 - I didn't realize she was lvl 50 - that is crazy.

I'm not sure about Thieves, but you can commit the initial murder while being part of both the Fighters and Magic (real name has slipped my mind) Guilds. I'm still in all three right now.
The only thing that offers conflicting guild paths that I ran into -- was the thieves guild. One of their quests can get you booted from the Mages guild. I was already the ubermage (or whatever it's called) when I had to perform the quest (It'll be pretty obvious what it is and why hte Mages guild would be pissed, when you see it). -- because I was already ArchMage, I was calling the shots. If you're still rising in the Mage ranks, you will be booted (but you can get back in with some work). I completed Thieves, DB, Fighters, and Mages guilds and that was the only conflict between any of them I saw.

I finished the thieves guild quest line and managed not to get booted from the mages guild - it might be due to not getting caught stealing, I usually quaff an invisi-pot after stealing something to reduce the chances of detection.

I like the game, it is a nice change of pace from the WoW and DAoC games where emphasis was on killing things so that you could get to a high enough level to enjoy the "cool" stuff.

The looting tables could be more diverse and the combat system is way way too symplistic, just point and shoot - no combo moves or any variety whatsoever. I realize they dumbed it down so that they would appeal to a wider audience which was probably smart to make money, but take the dialogue for example, you cannot choose a wrong answer - just keep clicking all the options until they stop talking and then move onto the next step in the quest line. Fast travel :thumbup: its almost like the other games are designed to be a total time-sink. I am starting to lose interest in the game and I exploit the "dup" hack way too much, find a cool uber potion, make 50 of them so I don't run out. Sure it is cheating but I don't want to spend hours harvesting the right ingredients to get to the same point.

As with most RPG's, I end up getting a little bored and put the game down, usually to never play again. Often times if I play the game several months after I stop I just can't get back into it. But I promised myslef I would beat this game because I never beat Morrowind. The diary/notebook that keeps track of your quests really helps this game along. I can just start the game up and be off on numerous quest at my disposal.

Anyway, I put the game in the old 360 and fired her up. I haven't played in several months and I thought I was about halfway through the main quest. Well it turns oout I was a little closer to the end of the MQ then I thought. In fact, not 5 minutes into the saved game I was fighting the last boss with Martin.

All I have to do now is complete the theives/DB.Mage/ and fighters guild and I will have completed everything I want to do. I am thinking of starting a new toon to do these just for somehting different. Probably stelth based because I don't know if I feel like investing the time to level up a mage char.

Anyway, if you guys haven't beat the game, go ahead and throw it in the 360, you probably forgot how great this game is.

As with most RPG's, I end up getting a little bored and put the game down, usually to never play again. Often times if I play the game several months after I stop I just can't get back into it. But I promised myslef I would beat this game because I never beat Morrowind. The diary/notebook that keeps track of your quests really helps this game along. I can just start the game up and be off on numerous quest at my disposal.Anyway, I put the game in the old 360 and fired her up. I haven't played in several months and I thought I was about halfway through the main quest. Well it turns oout I was a little closer to the end of the MQ then I thought. In fact, not 5 minutes into the saved game I was fighting the last boss with Martin. All I have to do now is complete the theives/DB.Mage/ and fighters guild and I will have completed everything I want to do. I am thinking of starting a new toon to do these just for somehting different. Probably stelth based because I don't know if I feel like investing the time to level up a mage char.Anyway, if you guys haven't beat the game, go ahead and throw it in the 360, you probably forgot how great this game is.
I could never get in to it. PC version. Loved Morrowind. Played it to completion plus the expansions. But Oblivion couldn't hold my interest for some reason. I don't even have it on my HD right now. Maybe over Christmas break I will give it another shot.

OK, so I finally got the game and have been playing for about 4 weeks. Level 23 sneaky assassin type. Marksman, light armor, athletics, restoration, destruction, sneak, security. Oh, and I haven't even given the amulet to Jauffre yet. Just having fun dungeon diving and killing people.

I'm master at Light Armor and Sneak and in the 90's in Marksman, Alchemy, and Restoration. Illusion is pretty high too. GB Ivisibility. Smack someone around from a distance. If they spot me, invis, and move a safe distance away and plunk them again.

Used a few Mods. Like the marker for houses I've bought and the smaller cross hair. That's a must for a bowman. Also the mod that increases speed of the arrows. That helps and hurts. Sure, my arrows don't "lob" in there anymore, but neither do the folks aiming at me.

I didn't do a ton of mods. None of the horse stuff. I have only ridden 1 horse for a few seconds and found it hard to steer it so I haven't been back. I didn't even take Shadowmere.

One of the Mods I added was the Hero's retreat. Very cool. I also have two other houses. One thing tho, the Hero's retreat gives you all 4 Master components of alchemy. Adding it early is cheating jsut a bit. I added it when I had 2 of the 4 Master components and the rest Expert. So I was close. Didn't know it would have that.

Just started getting the Glass Armor. Have a full set with the Gray Cowl. It's all echanted with either strength (to carry more loot) or Chamelion.

My method is basically death from afar. Plug them with as many arrows I can before they spot me, and a lot of time they don't spot me. If I need soul gems I knock them down to little or no life and hit my quick slot to my Soul Drinker (Daedric Dagger) and hit them from behind a couple of times and I have my soul with little or no damage to myself.

For the Bow, I use the combo of 100% immunity to either Fire or Lightning and then 20 or so damage of that destruction magic.

Baddest fight I won. Took the guy who wanted the Alyeid (sp?) statues to the throne room. He sits down and lightning starts going off all around the room and Liches start pouring int the room. A message pops up that says, the guy is the new Alyeid King and I should flee the death trap. Well, I hade my Mage's Staff of Fire that does 80 damage per shot. As soon as the lightning died down I tagged him 3 times and killed him and then concentrated fire on 1 Lich to the side. Once he was dead I backed out of the narrow opening and gave myself some distance between it and myself creating a log jam of liches. Then I just nailed them with my staff of fire. I had to completely reload the thing twice with 2 Grand Soul Gems each time. In the end, I got that Alyeid Crown (an awesome helmet) and a whole bunch of Lich staves. With the logjam in the narrow door way, only the front guy could go after me. Too bad I'm out of Grand Souls. I want to enchant my Daedric Bow and don't have any left. Time to hit the Arena. I'm GC there as well.

Should I do the Fighter's guild or start on the main quest or both? What about becoming a Vampire Hunter or become a member of the Blades? I haven't seen how to join them. I met some Vampire hunters doing the Mage Guild Quests but didn't see how to join them....

I don't play this on the xbox anymore, anyone want to buy it off me for $40 (I think it is $60 new). Lemme know.

OK, so I finally got the game and have been playing for about 4 weeks. Level 23 sneaky assassin type. Marksman, light armor, athletics, restoration, destruction, sneak, security. Oh, and I haven't even given the amulet to Jauffre yet. Just having fun dungeon diving and killing people. I'm master at Light Armor and Sneak and in the 90's in Marksman, Alchemy, and Restoration. Illusion is pretty high too. GB Ivisibility. Smack someone around from a distance. If they spot me, invis, and move a safe distance away and plunk them again.Used a few Mods. Like the marker for houses I've bought and the smaller cross hair. That's a must for a bowman. Also the mod that increases speed of the arrows. That helps and hurts. Sure, my arrows don't "lob" in there anymore, but neither do the folks aiming at me. I didn't do a ton of mods. None of the horse stuff. I have only ridden 1 horse for a few seconds and found it hard to steer it so I haven't been back. I didn't even take Shadowmere. One of the Mods I added was the Hero's retreat. Very cool. I also have two other houses. One thing tho, the Hero's retreat gives you all 4 Master components of alchemy. Adding it early is cheating jsut a bit. I added it when I had 2 of the 4 Master components and the rest Expert. So I was close. Didn't know it would have that. Just started getting the Glass Armor. Have a full set with the Gray Cowl. It's all echanted with either strength (to carry more loot) or Chamelion. My method is basically death from afar. Plug them with as many arrows I can before they spot me, and a lot of time they don't spot me. If I need soul gems I knock them down to little or no life and hit my quick slot to my Soul Drinker (Daedric Dagger) and hit them from behind a couple of times and I have my soul with little or no damage to myself. For the Bow, I use the combo of 100% immunity to either Fire or Lightning and then 20 or so damage of that destruction magic.Baddest fight I won. Took the guy who wanted the Alyeid (sp?) statues to the throne room. He sits down and lightning starts going off all around the room and Liches start pouring int the room. A message pops up that says, the guy is the new Alyeid King and I should flee the death trap. Well, I hade my Mage's Staff of Fire that does 80 damage per shot. As soon as the lightning died down I tagged him 3 times and killed him and then concentrated fire on 1 Lich to the side. Once he was dead I backed out of the narrow opening and gave myself some distance between it and myself creating a log jam of liches. Then I just nailed them with my staff of fire. I had to completely reload the thing twice with 2 Grand Soul Gems each time. In the end, I got that Alyeid Crown (an awesome helmet) and a whole bunch of Lich staves. With the logjam in the narrow door way, only the front guy could go after me. Too bad I'm out of Grand Souls. I want to enchant my Daedric Bow and don't have any left. Time to hit the Arena. I'm GC there as well. Should I do the Fighter's guild or start on the main quest or both? What about becoming a Vampire Hunter or become a member of the Blades? I haven't seen how to join them. I met some Vampire hunters doing the Mage Guild Quests but didn't see how to join them....
Dang, now I want to start playing this one again.

OK, so I finally got the game and have been playing for about 4 weeks. Level 23 sneaky assassin type. Marksman, light armor, athletics, restoration, destruction, sneak, security. Oh, and I haven't even given the amulet to Jauffre yet. Just having fun dungeon diving and killing people. I'm master at Light Armor and Sneak and in the 90's in Marksman, Alchemy, and Restoration. Illusion is pretty high too. GB Ivisibility. Smack someone around from a distance. If they spot me, invis, and move a safe distance away and plunk them again.Used a few Mods. Like the marker for houses I've bought and the smaller cross hair. That's a must for a bowman. Also the mod that increases speed of the arrows. That helps and hurts. Sure, my arrows don't "lob" in there anymore, but neither do the folks aiming at me. I didn't do a ton of mods. None of the horse stuff. I have only ridden 1 horse for a few seconds and found it hard to steer it so I haven't been back. I didn't even take Shadowmere. One of the Mods I added was the Hero's retreat. Very cool. I also have two other houses. One thing tho, the Hero's retreat gives you all 4 Master components of alchemy. Adding it early is cheating jsut a bit. I added it when I had 2 of the 4 Master components and the rest Expert. So I was close. Didn't know it would have that. Just started getting the Glass Armor. Have a full set with the Gray Cowl. It's all echanted with either strength (to carry more loot) or Chamelion. My method is basically death from afar. Plug them with as many arrows I can before they spot me, and a lot of time they don't spot me. If I need soul gems I knock them down to little or no life and hit my quick slot to my Soul Drinker (Daedric Dagger) and hit them from behind a couple of times and I have my soul with little or no damage to myself. For the Bow, I use the combo of 100% immunity to either Fire or Lightning and then 20 or so damage of that destruction magic.Baddest fight I won. Took the guy who wanted the Alyeid (sp?) statues to the throne room. He sits down and lightning starts going off all around the room and Liches start pouring int the room. A message pops up that says, the guy is the new Alyeid King and I should flee the death trap. Well, I hade my Mage's Staff of Fire that does 80 damage per shot. As soon as the lightning died down I tagged him 3 times and killed him and then concentrated fire on 1 Lich to the side. Once he was dead I backed out of the narrow opening and gave myself some distance between it and myself creating a log jam of liches. Then I just nailed them with my staff of fire. I had to completely reload the thing twice with 2 Grand Soul Gems each time. In the end, I got that Alyeid Crown (an awesome helmet) and a whole bunch of Lich staves. With the logjam in the narrow door way, only the front guy could go after me. Too bad I'm out of Grand Souls. I want to enchant my Daedric Bow and don't have any left. Time to hit the Arena. I'm GC there as well. Should I do the Fighter's guild or start on the main quest or both? What about becoming a Vampire Hunter or become a member of the Blades? I haven't seen how to join them. I met some Vampire hunters doing the Mage Guild Quests but didn't see how to join them....
yeah but I have NO idea how he got to level 23 by killing the same bad guys thousands of times over without getting bored.my biggest turnoff to oblivion IS the dungeons. no unique loot. very few scripted events. all dungeon "types" are the same textures and general layouts, with a few exceptions. monsters are rarely even named beyond "ogre", "troll", "goblin" and whatever 'specialty' they are in that race.those are the things i was hoping for based upon morrowind's dungeons and what i wanted to see added to them. oh well.i'll probably give this game another shot down the line if an expansion comes out.

Anonymous Internet User said:
Mad Cow said:
TheFanatic said:
OK, so I finally got the game and have been playing for about 4 weeks. Level 23 sneaky assassin type. Marksman, light armor, athletics, restoration, destruction, sneak, security. Oh, and I haven't even given the amulet to Jauffre yet. Just having fun dungeon diving and killing people.

I'm master at Light Armor and Sneak and in the 90's in Marksman, Alchemy, and Restoration. Illusion is pretty high too. GB Ivisibility. Smack someone around from a distance. If they spot me, invis, and move a safe distance away and plunk them again.

Used a few Mods. Like the marker for houses I've bought and the smaller cross hair. That's a must for a bowman. Also the mod that increases speed of the arrows. That helps and hurts. Sure, my arrows don't "lob" in there anymore, but neither do the folks aiming at me.

I didn't do a ton of mods. None of the horse stuff. I have only ridden 1 horse for a few seconds and found it hard to steer it so I haven't been back. I didn't even take Shadowmere.

One of the Mods I added was the Hero's retreat. Very cool. I also have two other houses. One thing tho, the Hero's retreat gives you all 4 Master components of alchemy. Adding it early is cheating jsut a bit. I added it when I had 2 of the 4 Master components and the rest Expert. So I was close. Didn't know it would have that.

Just started getting the Glass Armor. Have a full set with the Gray Cowl. It's all echanted with either strength (to carry more loot) or Chamelion.

My method is basically death from afar. Plug them with as many arrows I can before they spot me, and a lot of time they don't spot me. If I need soul gems I knock them down to little or no life and hit my quick slot to my Soul Drinker (Daedric Dagger) and hit them from behind a couple of times and I have my soul with little or no damage to myself.

For the Bow, I use the combo of 100% immunity to either Fire or Lightning and then 20 or so damage of that destruction magic.

Baddest fight I won. Took the guy who wanted the Alyeid (sp?) statues to the throne room. He sits down and lightning starts going off all around the room and Liches start pouring int the room. A message pops up that says, the guy is the new Alyeid King and I should flee the death trap. Well, I hade my Mage's Staff of Fire that does 80 damage per shot. As soon as the lightning died down I tagged him 3 times and killed him and then concentrated fire on 1 Lich to the side. Once he was dead I backed out of the narrow opening and gave myself some distance between it and myself creating a log jam of liches. Then I just nailed them with my staff of fire. I had to completely reload the thing twice with 2 Grand Soul Gems each time. In the end, I got that Alyeid Crown (an awesome helmet) and a whole bunch of Lich staves. With the logjam in the narrow door way, only the front guy could go after me. Too bad I'm out of Grand Souls. I want to enchant my Daedric Bow and don't have any left. Time to hit the Arena. I'm GC there as well.

Should I do the Fighter's guild or start on the main quest or both? What about becoming a Vampire Hunter or become a member of the Blades? I haven't seen how to join them. I met some Vampire hunters doing the Mage Guild Quests but didn't see how to join them....
yeah but I have NO idea how he got to level 23 by killing the same bad guys thousands of times over without getting bored.my biggest turnoff to oblivion IS the dungeons. no unique loot. very few scripted events. all dungeon "types" are the same textures and general layouts, with a few exceptions. monsters are rarely even named beyond "ogre", "troll", "goblin" and whatever 'specialty' they are in that race.

those are the things i was hoping for based upon morrowind's dungeons and what i wanted to see added to them. oh well.

i'll probably give this game another shot down the line if an expansion comes out.
Not necessarily. Particularly with bandits/maurauders and Vampires. As well as the undead. The different types of spectres/ghosts, etc. Nether Lich and Lich. How about the individually named Dremora guys? The plot lines of the DB quests were fantastic. The final quest of the Thieves Guild to steal an elder scroll was really cool. The Mages Guild? Meh. Still not sure what I'm supposed to do with this black soul gem....

late to the game on this one, just got it for christmas.

logged about 40 hours in so far, i'm balls deep into this.

Users who are viewing this thread