What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Oh and what is the deal with all the people in Georgia apparently having never heard the word zombie before. Is the biter, walker, eater thing just a southern thing just like them calling all sodas cokes?
I forget where, but I remember reading somewhere that the people live in a world where there has never been any notion or ideas of "zombies".

Oh and what is the deal with all the people in Georgia apparently having never heard the word zombie before. Is the biter, walker, eater thing just a southern thing just like them calling all sodas cokes?
I forget where, but I remember reading somewhere that the people live in a world where there has never been any notion or ideas of "zombies".
In almost every zombie movie there's no such thing as "zombie movies".

In almost every zombie movie there's no such thing as "zombie movies".
Except "Shaun of the Dead"

I only watched the first 5 minutes of Sunday's episode (I almost peed myself laughing at the Gov standing in front of the burning building). Is the ENTIRE thing about him?
The episode was the worst thing EVER on television.

You'll love it.
I actually think I'll skip it.
Who you trying to kid? You ain't skipping it.
Still haven't watched it yet, rube.

I only watched the first 5 minutes of Sunday's episode (I almost peed myself laughing at the Gov standing in front of the burning building). Is the ENTIRE thing about him?
The episode was the worst thing EVER on television.

You'll love it.
I actually think I'll skip it.
Who you trying to kid? You ain't skipping it.
Still haven't watched it yet, rube.
Yes you have, moron.

E Street Brat said:
What did I miss about the choking?
Yeah I missed it also
when they were snuggling in the back of the truck, she took his hand and put it around her own throat and subtly nodded to him
I think he put his hand on her throat then stopped himself, then she put her hand over his and subtly nodded to him.

But I wasn't paying that much attention.
yeah, something along those lines... I was mainly looking for bewbs at that point

Homer J Simpson said:
TheIronSheik said:
Parrothead said:
Loan Sharks said:
IIRC, the word 'zombie' doesn't exist in their world..
In their world, the Cranberries sang a song called "Walkers".
They went to see House of 1000 Corpses, a film by Rob Walker.
Zombieland is known as Adventureland

this thread is depressing to read...way worse than the show itself
:shrug: I still like the show. I am usually nice and buzzed after a day of football and this show is the nice bow on top of the package to end the day.

It just sucks that Denver is playing the Sunday Night Games because I have to wait until Monday to catch up.

Is there a complete comic book version one could buy to catch up?
There is a comic book thread that includes links to downloads of the comics. You can access it here: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=631900&hl=+walking +dead&page=1

This thread has really made the show way more enjoyable
No kidding, before I found this thread the show was about as exciting as watching Beth lie catatonic in a bed and repeatedly searching the woods for a kid that had been dead for weeks while raiding the same pharmacy over and over again.

Then I found this thread and the gardening, fence pokings and box truck sado gang bangs are through the roof.

This thread has really made the show way more enjoyable
No kidding, before I found this thread the show was about as exciting as watching Beth lie catatonic in a bed and repeatedly searching the woods for a kid that had been dead for weeks while raiding the same pharmacy over and over again.

Then I found this thread and the gardening, fence pokings and box truck sado gang bangs are through the roof.
:lol:

Something tells me that the governor is going to wear out his welcome with Martinez and this new group. I'm guessing he tries to retake the leadership position, and the new group is having none of it and sends him and his new family packing. I'm assuming that he has figured out the prison group came and rescued the remaining Woodburyians and that he thinks they are all living happily ever after in the prison. Maybe he decides to go to the prison, convince Rick to take in Megan, Lily and the sister, and he's going to go off on his own, regrow the beard, and sidestep biters again?

so is the Gov really Brian, or he's only using that name because he saw the signs on the barn?

why would it matter? I have no idea.

so is the Gov really Brian, or he's only using that name because he saw the signs on the barn?

His real name is Phillip I think. He picked up Brian off the survivor barn monument. I think it is supposed to symbolize the death and rebirth of the character. I don't think the leopard can change his stripes.

His real name is Phillip I think. He picked up Brian off the survivor barn monument. I think it is supposed to symbolize the death and rebirth of the character. I don't think the leopard can change his stripes.
In the comic book the Governor's name was Brian and his brother was Philip.

cstu said:
Corporation said:
Maik Jeaunz said:

Was it Brian Heriot (sp) in the comics? I don't recall what he said his last name was last year but I'm positive it wasn't Heriot.

Last edited by a moderator:
cstu said:
Corporation said:
Maik Jeaunz said:

Was it Brian Heriot (sp) in the comics? I don't recall what he said his last name was last year but I'm positive it wasn't Heriot.
Brian Blake.

If they don't center the entire episode around the Governor and the bore of his relationship with the family, , I won't complain. Split it up, and no farming.

If they don't center the entire episode around the Governor and the bore of his relationship with the family, , I won't complain. Split it up, and no farming.
You do know that the show is based on a comic book that wants to focus on the people in the story more than action. Its not an action series as much as its a drama ...with Zombies in it. How they survive each day is the focus...farming is a part of it. Family is a part of it...relationships are a HUGE part of it. You want non stop action breakout a DVD of 24

I don't wanna.

Kinda a weird thing to yell when feeding zombies.

I wonder what's going on back at the prison? Maybe they grew some rhubarb

Users who are viewing this thread