What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Ultimate Survivor 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

League 7 draft order for the curious:

1.01 1. Marvin88

1.02 2. tdmills

1.03 3. by_the_sea_wannabe

1.04 4. Hicks

1.05 5. radballs

1.06 6. Riffraff

1.07 7. QuizGuy66

1.08 8. Deranged Hermit

1.09 9. Nugget

1.10 10. Dowling

1.11 11. RustyFA2

1.12 12. yellowdog

Will be interesting picking from the middle, last year I got #12, so I'm moving up in the world. :goodposting:

-QG

League 7 draft order for the curious:1.01 1. Marvin88 1.02 2. tdmills 1.03 3. by_the_sea_wannabe 1.04 4. Hicks 1.05 5. radballs 1.06 6. Riffraff 1.07 7. QuizGuy66 1.08 8. Deranged Hermit 1.09 9. Nugget1.10 10. Dowling 1.11 11. RustyFA2 1.12 12. yellowdog Will be interesting picking from the middle, last year I got #12, so I'm moving up in the world. :boxing: -QG
Most years I would be ecstatic about #1 and I am not complaining now, but I was hoping to be 8-12. For some reason my gut tells me the value will be in that 8-12 range. We'll see.

League 7 draft order for the curious:1.01 1. Marvin88 1.02 2. tdmills 1.03 3. by_the_sea_wannabe 1.04 4. Hicks 1.05 5. radballs 1.06 6. Riffraff 1.07 7. QuizGuy66 1.08 8. Deranged Hermit 1.09 9. Nugget1.10 10. Dowling 1.11 11. RustyFA2 1.12 12. yellowdog Will be interesting picking from the middle, last year I got #12, so I'm moving up in the world. :hifive: -QG
Most years I would be ecstatic about #1 and I am not complaining now, but I was hoping to be 8-12. For some reason my gut tells me the value will be in that 8-12 range. We'll see.
Marvin are you taking Brees or Brady? :pickle:

League 7 draft order for the curious:1.01 1. Marvin88 1.02 2. tdmills 1.03 3. by_the_sea_wannabe 1.04 4. Hicks 1.05 5. radballs 1.06 6. Riffraff 1.07 7. QuizGuy66 1.08 8. Deranged Hermit 1.09 9. Nugget1.10 10. Dowling 1.11 11. RustyFA2 1.12 12. yellowdog Will be interesting picking from the middle, last year I got #12, so I'm moving up in the world. :lmao: -QG
Heh, counting on me botching the #7 pick I see :) -QG

Ruffrodys05 said:
Were these kind of problems prevalent last year? Just curious.
This is the last year we organize this using our staff people. If the Message Board wants to organize, find replacements, schedule everyone, etc, then the staff will sign up with them. We would be willing to pay for the leagues, offer the same prizes and even give the person organizing it a lifetime subscription. But we won't be organizing this next year at all. It's too much of a time sink when people need to change leagues, don't show up, put their teams on autodraft, etc. And it's time we don't have to spare.

Ruffrodys05 said:
This is the last year we organize this using our staff people. If the Message Board wants to organize, find replacements, schedule everyone, etc, then the staff will sign up with them. We would be willing to pay for the leagues, offer the same prizes and even give the person organizing it a lifetime subscription. But we won't be organizing this next year at all. It's too much of a time sink when people need to change leagues, don't show up, put their teams on autodraft, etc. And it's time we don't have to spare.
What about finding a single staff guy to be in charge, a la Clayton this year, but as a primary focus for him and not an added hassle?

Ruffrodys05 said:
Sorry David. I wasn't implying that this awesome contest is a :lmao: . I completely understand that it must be a huge undertaking to put together. I also understand that to have staff involved means that they are not working on FBG material for those 3 or so hours that they are drafting.I was not involved in the Ultimate Survivor contest last year and was just curious if the issues being played out this week were also an issue last year. League 3 this year had one guy not show up and a replacement was found rather quickly. Within a few minutes I believe. Other than that, I thought it went smoothly. In addition, it was a sincere pleasure to draft with Bloom and Joe.Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to participate this year. I truly hope that this contest will be brought back next year, even if somebody from the message board is needed to "step-up." (That last one was for Joe, as I know how he tries to avoid using that phrase!)Rodybtw: I suppose I'd be interested in working out the logistics and the organization next year as long as I had some staff support from somebody like Clayton. (Sorry Clayton, I mistakenly called you Carlton in a previous post. Please accept my sincere apologies. It was unintentional.)

Ruffrodys05 said:
so this is pretty much the last year then?

Ruffrodys05 said:
Sorry David. I wasn't implying that this awesome contest is a :goodposting: . I completely understand that it must be a huge undertaking to put together. I also understand that to have staff involved means that they are not working on FBG material for those 3 or so hours that they are drafting.I was not involved in the Ultimate Survivor contest last year and was just curious if the issues being played out this week were also an issue last year. League 3 this year had one guy not show up and a replacement was found rather quickly. Within a few minutes I believe. Other than that, I thought it went smoothly. In addition, it was a sincere pleasure to draft with Bloom and Joe.Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to participate this year. I truly hope that this contest will be brought back next year, even if somebody from the message board is needed to "step-up." (That last one was for Joe, as I know how he tries to avoid using that phrase!)Rodybtw: I suppose I'd be interested in working out the logistics and the organization next year as long as I had some staff support from somebody like Clayton. (Sorry Clayton, I mistakenly called you Carlton in a previous post. Please accept my sincere apologies. It was unintentional.)
I was going to make a comment when you first posted this question, but I thought it sounded dooshy. But in light of David's post, I think it's relevant. The big complaint last year was that they only picked message board participants that were well known and were in "all" the leagues here and part of a clique or whatever. And I thought that was a decent point, it did seem like a lot of guys I had drafted with over the years here. But those people are generally known to be pretty reliable. So this year, it seems to me like a lot more new faces. And alas, we seem to have more issues with people showing up or not auto-drafting. So I think there is a bit of a correlation there that picking a bunch of users that have been in a bunch of FBG-sponsored leagues might avoid, and seemed to last year. Just my two cents. P.S> Carlton is a nickname that some people here use for Clayton, so you probably got it from someone else using it. I'm sure it's not a big deal.

Ruffrodys05 said:
I was afraid this might be where the dialogue was heading. Hopefully after all the drafts are done, the leagues progress during the year, and an ultimate winner is in place, this stuff will (in hindsight) all seem minor and just a blip in the process.Thanks to FBG's for sponsoring this.

tdmills said:
Marvin88 said:
QuizGuy66 said:
League 7 draft order for the curious:1.01 1. Marvin88 1.02 2. tdmills 1.03 3. by_the_sea_wannabe 1.04 4. Hicks 1.05 5. radballs 1.06 6. Riffraff 1.07 7. QuizGuy66 1.08 8. Deranged Hermit 1.09 9. Nugget1.10 10. Dowling 1.11 11. RustyFA2 1.12 12. yellowdog Will be interesting picking from the middle, last year I got #12, so I'm moving up in the world. :boxing: -QG
Marvin are you taking Brees or Brady? :rolleyes:
Billy Kilmer.

David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
:thumbup: Way to #### it all up people.

Ruffrodys05 said:
David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
Sorry David. I wasn't implying that this awesome contest is a :thumbup: . I completely understand that it must be a huge undertaking to put together. I also understand that to have staff involved means that they are not working on FBG material for those 3 or so hours that they are drafting.I was not involved in the Ultimate Survivor contest last year and was just curious if the issues being played out this week were also an issue last year. League 3 this year had one guy not show up and a replacement was found rather quickly. Within a few minutes I believe. Other than that, I thought it went smoothly. In addition, it was a sincere pleasure to draft with Bloom and Joe.Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to participate this year. I truly hope that this contest will be brought back next year, even if somebody from the message board is needed to "step-up." (That last one was for Joe, as I know how he tries to avoid using that phrase!)Rodybtw: I suppose I'd be interested in working out the logistics and the organization next year as long as I had some staff support from somebody like Clayton. (Sorry Clayton, I mistakenly called you Carlton in a previous post. Please accept my sincere apologies. It was unintentional.)
Maybe just play in the freeroll and say thank you instead of being a giant pain in the ###? Jesus.

Maybe just play in the freeroll and say thank you instead of being a giant pain in the ###? Jesus.
What is your problem with my post(s)?I'm pretty sure my posts had nothing to do with Dodds response as I was not being a doosh. I simply had a question.I wasn't one who did not show up to draft. I didn't ask to be switched out of the league I entered. I was on the MFL site about an hour prior to the draft starting and waited patiently until it did. I then proceeded to have a great (and fun) time drafting with those who were in that league.Take it elsewhere HP as I was not one to make it difficult for FBG this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
David, throw me into the memory files next year as someone to help organize.

David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
I'd enjoy doing this next year, David. I'd do a good job. I'm a whiz at MFL. I'm a control freak with a project like this too, but I work well with others, and know when to seek help despite preferring to take care of things solo. A full-time job and an upstart business led to 70 hour weeks for six straight months and forced me to drop all FF for the year. Next year will not be like this. This survivor invite is all I got. I am jonesing for it, for anything simple to stay connected really. I couldn't commit to my leagues the way my schedule looked, so I did the responsible thing and let them go. Even agreeing to this got messed up. I want no part of awarding Ultimate Survivor invites, but I could set up the leagues and organize the schedules. I'd want an earlier start and a dedicated email address to keep it organized. I even have some ideas to make the invitation winning process more fun. Contests that are won, not judged. For agreeing to take on this monstrosity, I don't need a lifetime subscription. I need you to switch one of your staffers from Tuesday into League 9. Someone has to be available, for petesakes.Seriously. Clayton. I've written a few posts over the years explaining that I know exactly what my rosters are going to look like going into a draft. I believe in hitting my targets even if I reach, of course there's extensive if then flow charting involved. This is why I prefer auctions, btw. My pre-draft roster projections generally land 70-90% of my team. If you could set up the league and assign our draft positions... er... asap... I'm sure renesauz or MoP, who've both volunteered, will have no problem drafting my team if needed. I need a draft position to make up the list though, and I need it tomorrow... :lmao: ... really though. It's too much work without that information. I understand if you cannot accommodate that very simple request... :lmao: ... really, I do. I know it's easier to just replace me. Just delete my account if you do... :lol: ... really though.

What is your problem with my post(s)?I'm pretty sure my posts had nothing to do with Dodds response as I was not being a doosh. I simply had a question.
Why even ask? You asked another dumb question in post 120 of this thread:
Who is the last winning entry for contest #6?..................I see only 4 listed. Just curious.
On top of that you're the guy who complained about people changing their avatars to honor a long time poster who died. Maybe you are being an annoying doosh?

David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
And I'd be glad to assist Twilight if needed (assuming I don't hit the HEB lottery). The messageboard survivor leagues have been flowing pretty well over the years

What is your problem with my post(s)?I'm pretty sure my posts had nothing to do with Dodds response as I was not being a doosh. I simply had a question.
Who is the last winning entry for contest #6?..................I see only 4 listed. Just curious.
On top of that you're the guy who complained about people changing their avatars to honor a long time poster who died. Maybe you are being an annoying doosh?
Please take it to PMs guys. This type of stuff doesn't help. Now let's get back to discussing these leagues.

David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
:lmao: More then willing to lend a hand as well.

Yes we will gladly support this thing financially (prizes, trophies, pay for the leagues, money/subs for MB people to organize it), etc if a some Message Board people take the lead. I definitely would like to see this live on because the leagues are very fun. We just can't afford a staffer dealing with all of this at our busiest time of the year.

Big Lessons learned this year:

1. Every league should have an alternate or two ready to go.

2. You can't allow people to autodraft from the start. If someone isn't there, they have to be replaced. Yes it's possible someone has a well thought out auto-draft, but 9 times out ten they are using the MFL one and will end up with all the guys with week 4 and 5 byes plus 5 kickers. It just ruins things for everyone else in my opinion.

3. You have to minimize people changing leagues. Sometimes it's avoidable, but it really does create havok for anyone organizing this.

So it sounds like there are some Message Board people that will do this for next year. If that's the case then count the staff in to fill 24 of the spots.

David Dodds said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
:goodposting: More then willing to lend a hand as well.
Add me to the list as well.

Yes we will gladly support this thing financially (prizes, trophies, pay for the leagues, money/subs for MB people to organize it), etc if a some Message Board people take the lead. I definitely would like to see this live on because the leagues are very fun. We just can't afford a staffer dealing with all of this at our busiest time of the year.Big Lessons learned this year:1. Every league should have an alternate or two ready to go.2. You can't allow people to autodraft from the start. If someone isn't there, they have to be replaced. Yes it's possible someone has a well thought out auto-draft, but 9 times out ten they are using the MFL one and will end up with all the guys with week 4 and 5 byes plus 5 kickers. It just ruins things for everyone else in my opinion.3. You have to minimize people changing leagues. Sometimes it's avoidable, but it really does create havok for anyone organizing this.So it sounds like there are some Message Board people that will do this for next year. If that's the case then count the staff in to fill 24 of the spots.
Well...you already have four (five?) year-round active members willing to lend a hand, at least three of whom have been instrumental in running MB survivor leagues here. No reason for these leagues to die!!!!THANKS FOR DOING THIS!

Complete domination just occured.

Kudos to Carlton for making my picks via texts when my computer crashed.

Yes it's possible someone has a well thought out auto-draft, but 9 times out ten they are using the MFL one and will end up with all the guys with week 4 and 5 byes plus 5 kickers.
Heh, this is all too true DD :shrug: The MFL autodraft system does seem to have a mind of it's own. Unfortunately that mind belongs to 14-kicker guy :shrug:Glad folks are stepping up. Wish I could, but this is actually the beginning of my busiest time of year as well.And thanks to the FBG staff for their consistently going above and beyond :goodposting: It's not said often enough but believe me the folks here are appreciative :cry: -QG

Let's hope that there aren't any more problems and the rest of the contest runs smoothly. It's too bad that FBG has another great contest for its members and a couple inconsiderate people are ruining it.

It looks like some good members have volunteered to help out next year and I have faith they'll do a great job (I'd be happy to help out also, if needed). They all seem very reliable from the MB survivor leagues. So hopefully with their help, this contest will continue next year and future years and I look forward to the opportunity to participate again.

I think it's really great that a lot of people are stepping up like they are. It really shows that despite a few people, most of our Shark Pool has some high integrity guys who know how hard it is for you staff to get your jobs done without us mucking things up. We really appreciate it, and if you need yet another guy next year, I maybe be able to help also. It all depends on whether I end up at MIT or Georgetown next August and when I need to move in.

This is the kind of stuff we need to keep out of the shark pool. Please think before you post.

Complete domination just occured.Kudos to Carlton for making my picks via texts when my computer crashed.
Coach shuke had a terrible draft in the recent 2009 FBG Survivor - League 6 draft. Their shuke franchise came away with the number 9 ranked draft (out of 12) in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.shuke made their best pick of the draft in round 2, selecting LaDainian Tomlinson with the 21st pick of the draft, as compared to the 10th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a player from the John Elway mold," shuke coach shuke said. shuke made their worst pick of the draft in round 4, selecting Jerricho Cotchery with the 45th pick of the draft, as compared to the 72nd spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a work in progress," shuke coach shuke said. shuke nabbed Tony Gonzalez in the 5th round, which reflects the fact that he was the number one ranked tight end for the 2008 season, based on this league's custom scoring rules.With a little bit of work on the waiver wire this season, or a few strategic trades, coach shuke should be able to turn their 9th ranked draft effort into a championship fantasy team this year.
:goodposting:

Complete domination just occured.Kudos to Carlton for making my picks via texts when my computer crashed.
Coach shuke had a terrible draft in the recent 2009 FBG Survivor - League 6 draft. Their shuke franchise came away with the number 9 ranked draft (out of 12) in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.shuke made their best pick of the draft in round 2, selecting LaDainian Tomlinson with the 21st pick of the draft, as compared to the 10th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a player from the John Elway mold," shuke coach shuke said. shuke made their worst pick of the draft in round 4, selecting Jerricho Cotchery with the 45th pick of the draft, as compared to the 72nd spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a work in progress," shuke coach shuke said. shuke nabbed Tony Gonzalez in the 5th round, which reflects the fact that he was the number one ranked tight end for the 2008 season, based on this league's custom scoring rules.With a little bit of work on the waiver wire this season, or a few strategic trades, coach shuke should be able to turn their 9th ranked draft effort into a championship fantasy team this year.
:lmao:
Try saying "shuke coach shuke said" 10 times fast :D -QG

[quote name='Clayton Gray' Help.
If nobody elects to switch with you, I'd be happy to step in as a substitute drafter. You could set your own priorities or even send me your own cheatsheets and preferances....still your team...

I've already drafted my team :rolleyes:
Clayton if this is kosher, I would appreciate you letting renesauz work from my instructions. I don't want to lose the spot, and this appears to be the best offer I'm going to get. I've even offered a couple hundred bucks to switch leagues, but sheesh. I apologize for the situation, but this one was unforeseen and completely out of my control. I guess I knew better but I was flattered by the invite from out of the blue.

Anyway.

After looking over all the drafts, analyzing ADPs, I can give renesauz a round by round list that should work out nicely. I'll be leaving town tomorrow and mostly offline until Tuesday. Let me know so I can focus on my draft instructions, or not.

Link to League 9 has been posted. If you are in League 9, you should have received your log-in password via e-mail. If you did not receive it, please PM your correct address to me.

Link to League 9 has been posted. If you are in League 9, you should have received your log-in password via e-mail. If you did not receive it, please PM your correct address to me.
1.01 -- I am so IN. Thank you sir. I owe you. Not for the draft position, which I know was random, but for launching League 9 faster than the others. I will easily be predrafted through round 5 and rene can take my list home, from the corner this will be greatly simplified. Muchas gracias.

1.01 -- I am so IN. Thank you sir. I owe you. Not for the draft position, which I know was random, but for launching League 9 faster than the others. I will easily be predrafted through round 5 and rene can take my list home, from the corner this will be greatly simplified. Muchas gracias.
:fishing:

:goodposting:
can someone post the draft order for league 9? I am at work without access. Ty.

1. Chaos Commish

2. Levin

3. Das Boot

4. Future3pete

5. LionsFan78

6. JPeso

7. firstseason1988

8. Thomas

9. Couch Potato

10. Captain Hook

11. thehornet

12. Duckboy

turn pick :goodposting:

I'd be happy to help, just holler.

Also, in my experience, predrafting when you're logged into draft room seems to make things go funky.

:)
can someone post the draft order for league 9? I am at work without access. Ty.
1. Chaos Commish 1.02 2. Levin

1.03 3. Das Boot

1.04 4. Future3pete

1.05 5. LionsFan78

1.06 6. JPeso

1.07 7. firstseason1988

1.08 8. Thomas

1.09 9. Couch Potato

1.10 10. Captain Hook

1.11 11. thehornet

1.12 12. Duckboy

Someone refresh my memory:

Is there a time limit to make your pick?

How do you get into the draft - is there a draft room? This isn't readily evident to me from the site.

Someone refresh my memory:

Is there a time limit to make your pick?

How do you get into the draft - is there a draft room? This isn't readily evident to me from the site.
Clayton will leave the clock off unless someone is taking an excessive amount of time.Under the For Owners menu at the top of the page, there is a choice for Live Draft Room

Users who are viewing this thread