What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Ultimate Survivor 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Any chance of any openings in these leagues? Or will they set up anymore leagues? Thanks
Hi Eaglezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, the contest is set up as 12 leagues (see the original post) with the methods of entry being explained there. The chance for openings in the last 4 leagues basically if it occurs will be if anybody bails right before the draft and Clayton puts the call out on the message board for a late replacement.-QG

I am in League 9, I have to leave no later than 730 eastern. So I will have to autopick the last half of the draft. You should put a timer on it. Thanks.

:goodposting:

Link to League 10 has been posted. If you are in League 10, you should have received your password via e-mail. If you did not, please PM your e-mail address to me.

I am in League 9, I have to leave no later than 730 eastern. So I will have to autopick the last half of the draft. You should put a timer on it. Thanks. :confused:
firstseason1988 Player YTD Pts Bye Orton, Kyle DEN QB - 7 Rivers, Philip SDC QB - 5 Choice, Tashard DAL RB (P) - 6 Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5 Greene, Shonn NYJ RB - 9 McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 4 Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (P) - 4 Wells, Chris ARI RB - 4 Breaston, Steve ARI WR (P) - 4 Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR - 4 Moore, Lance NOS WR (P) - 5 Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR - 10 Robiskie, Brian CLE WR - 9 Welker, Wes NEP WR (P) - 8 Williams, Roy DAL WR - 6 Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - 5 Witten, Jason DAL TE - 6 Akers, David PHI PK - 4 Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 5 Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def - 4 Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 4 22 Total Players This could be one of the worst draft efforts ever. Why bother accepting an invite if you're going to mail it in???

I am in League 9, I have to leave no later than 730 eastern. So I will have to autopick the last half of the draft. You should put a timer on it. Thanks.

:sadbanana:
firstseason1988 Player YTD Pts Bye Orton, Kyle DEN QB - 7

Rivers, Philip SDC QB - 5

Choice, Tashard DAL RB (P) - 6

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB - 9

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 4

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (P) - 4

Wells, Chris ARI RB - 4

Breaston, Steve ARI WR (P) - 4

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR - 4

Moore, Lance NOS WR (P) - 5

Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR - 10

Robiskie, Brian CLE WR - 9

Welker, Wes NEP WR (P) - 8

Williams, Roy DAL WR - 6

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - 5

Witten, Jason DAL TE - 6

Akers, David PHI PK - 4

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 5

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def - 4

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 4

22 Total Players

This could be one of the worst draft efforts ever. Why bother accepting an invite if you're going to mail it in???
Well it's not like it's survivor format or anythi... oh never mind...It looks like where things went awry was the bye weeks obviously. 8 players missing from week 4 would seem to be a problem. The good news is that there's only 5 guys who have the week off in week 5.

Did a "rate my team" on it. I will say that for the Turk's benefit that it seems to underestimate the bye week problem listed above for week 4.

# Week 5 presents serious bye week issues for you: Philip Rivers, Ryan Grant, Lance Moore, Jeremy Shockey, and Robbie Gould are off.

# Week 4 presents moderate bye week issues: LeSean McCoy, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Wells, Steve Breaston, Jeremy Maclin, David Akers, Atlanta Falcons, and Arizona Cardinals are not playing.

If it's not too tough, maybe noting situations such as this team having 0 starting defenses in Week 4 could be a potential avenue for some comedic lines :hot:

Anyhow, here's the "rate my team" link: Here it is.

While it looks virtually impossible for this team to advance, the potential to play a spoiler role in the first weeks is very real.

-QG

One final question that I couldn't find in the leagues explanation:

Can we make FA pickups?

Some of my survivor leagues let me and some don't.

Clayton, and all of League 11:

I have predrafted enough players for the first 4 rounds of my draft. This is because something has come up that may delay my getting to the computer until as late as 9:00 EST (although more likely until 8:45 EST, if at all)

I posted a rough outline of my plan in the league chat (where I will post when I get to the computer) so if my pick gets to round 5 for some reason before I get back to a computer (I reallllllly doubt it will) Clayton please make a pick.

Do not pick a guy on with a 4/5 bye, and just use MFL's ADP.

All of this should be complete contingency and should not even matter but I want to be cautious because I have seen what has happened to a couple other guys who missed the beginning of their drafts.

ETA: it will say I am online because I have the internet page open so I can jump on it as soon as I get to the computer

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in League 9, I have to leave no later than 730 eastern. So I will have to autopick the last half of the draft. You should put a timer on it. Thanks. :thumbup:
firstseason1988 Player YTD Pts Bye Orton, Kyle DEN QB - 7 Rivers, Philip SDC QB - 5 Choice, Tashard DAL RB (P) - 6 Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 5 Greene, Shonn NYJ RB - 9 McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 4 Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10 Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (P) - 4 Wells, Chris ARI RB - 4 Breaston, Steve ARI WR (P) - 4 Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR - 4 Moore, Lance NOS WR (P) - 5 Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR - 10 Robiskie, Brian CLE WR - 9 Welker, Wes NEP WR (P) - 8 Williams, Roy DAL WR - 6 Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - 5 Witten, Jason DAL TE - 6 Akers, David PHI PK - 4 Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 5 Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def - 4 Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 4 22 Total Players This could be one of the worst draft efforts ever. Why bother accepting an invite if you're going to mail it in???
Yeah, I didn't do a good enough job preranking the players. I took into account bye weeks the short time I drafted live, but did not on my prerankings, some of the players I should have put on the "do not draft list". I really didn't expect much by not drafting live, but the fact that it is already paid for and the value of the prizes, why not do it? Plenty of blind squirrels have found nuts when I have been the best "ranked." Are you in my league, what is your team like? Please give me a link to your team if not in my league so I can make fun of you when you are eliminated. I mean, you posted my team and leave yours out, man up bro. Thanks for your concern about me. Makes me feel so good that someone like you cares. :rolleyes:

You should have had your wife draft your team while you fed her picks via cell phone from a MLB game.
If you are talking to me, I had to leave town on an airplane for a funeral. It was not a planned thing, something that happened after I signed up. I offered Clayton to see if he wanted to find a sub, he graciously allowed me to participate. I didn't want to put him on the spot by telling him why I had to leave for a flight, he still allowed me to play, something I won't forget when it is time to renew my membership next year. :headbang:

You should have had your wife draft your team while you fed her picks via cell phone from a MLB game.
If you are talking to me, I had to leave town on an airplane for a funeral. It was not a planned thing, something that happened after I signed up. I offered Clayton to see if he wanted to find a sub, he graciously allowed me to participate. I didn't want to put him on the spot by telling him why I had to leave for a flight, he still allowed me to play, something I won't forget when it is time to renew my membership next year. :shrug:
Understood...and you are right not to sweat it. But next time, consider taking advantage of the shark pool. You'd be surprised how many people might have volunteered to draft for you under such circumstances, and you could have kept your team.In those types of circumstances, sub drafters are always allowed/encouraged.

If you are talking to me, I had to leave town on an airplane for a funeral. It was not a planned thing, something that happened after I signed up. I offered Clayton to see if he wanted to find a sub, he graciously allowed me to participate. I didn't want to put him on the spot by telling him why I had to leave for a flight, he still allowed me to play, something I won't forget when it is time to renew my membership next year. :lmao:
:( sorry to hear about your loss man, that's horrible news. By the way though I'm not the original repliant, I probably will join you week 4 or 5 in getting knocked out but you can still see why someone would see a team with a bunch o' week 4 and 5 byes and be moved to write, especially since the absentee/late drop seems a little bit higher this year.-QG

Bass n Brew, where's your team dude, let's go. Be a man. I saw you in this thread yesterday, don't be scared now. Is your team worse than mine or something?

:crazy:

Bass n Brew, where's your team dude, let's go. Be a man. I saw you in this thread yesterday, don't be scared now. Is your team worse than mine or something?

:football:
Most of the leagues started a thread to discuss their teams/league. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=480336
Why did you feel the need to post mine in here then? Funny how the last post in there was 4 days before my draft even started, how would I even care to know about it? :football:

Most of the leagues started a thread to discuss their teams/league. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=480336
Why did you feel the need to post mine in here then? :football:
I think the answer to this question has brought us full circle. :(

firstseason1988 said:

:banned:
Why did you feel the need to post mine in here then? Funny how the last post in there was 4 days before my draft even started, how would I even care to know about it? ;)
I wasn't inclined to start a thread about your league when there are 12 of you who could do so. Then again I may have missed the thread about your league. I did notice that you posted in here about your draft and was curious how an auto drafted team turned out.

firstseason1988 said:

:goodposting:
Why did you feel the need to post mine in here then? Funny how the last post in there was 4 days before my draft even started, how would I even care to know about it? :homer:
I wasn't inclined to start a thread about your league when there are 12 of you who could do so. Then again I may have missed the thread about your league. I did notice that you posted in here about your draft and was curious how an auto drafted team turned out.
What's your answer? Cuz you were interested in an autopick draft and you felt like posting someone elses team without posting your own. Atta way to man up boy.I apologize for adding to the litter of this thread.

I am done.

firstseason1988 said:

:D
Why did you feel the need to post mine in here then? Funny how the last post in there was 4 days before my draft even started, how would I even care to know about it? :thumbup:
What's your answer? Cuz you were interested in an autopick draft and you felt like posting someone elses team without posting your own. Atta way to man up boy.I apologize for adding to the litter of this thread.

I am done.

Don't be so hard on yourself...you won't be done until week 4. :lol:

crabtree is gonna hurt me here along with taking justin harper with a very late pick that gives me two zeros at WR.

Still like my team though.

Next to my team(we never had a discussion thread that I saw) is Capn Hook's team.

He's probably doomed if Brady doesn't do well after Johnson's 6.5 although Royal or Derrick Ward could pull him out of the fire.

I mention this because I would not have guessed as such a few days ago. The depth is meh but that looks like a top set of (would be) starters.

http://football21.myfantasyleague.com/2009...=66052&O=07

(In alot of leagues, please excuse the Q) Lowest scoring teams are eliminated each week right? I thought I saw it in OP previously but can't find it now.

(In alot of leagues, please excuse the Q) Lowest scoring teams are eliminated each week right? I thought I saw it in OP previously but can't find it now.
All the leagues are set up with different rules/scoring. Im in league 8 where its play all best ball through all 5 weeks. Some are elimination leagues.

All the leagues are set up with different rules/scoring. Im in league 8 where its play all best ball through all 5 weeks. Some are elimination leagues.
kinda need to know18 points from Brandon Jacobs, Michael Turner and Brandon Marshall all combined gives me lowest points this week. Predraft I never would have guessed but...."them's the breaks. I can live with that."

kinda need to know18 points from Brandon Jacobs, Michael Turner and Brandon Marshall all combined gives me lowest points this week. Predraft I never would have guessed but...."them's the breaks. I can live with that."
From the front pageLeague 3 – Friday, August 7th - 8:00 PM Eastern -- THIS LEAGUE IS FULL

League Link

Staff: Bloom, Bryant

MB: MisfitBlondes, lostbug, jjammer, Bri, bshipper, Ghost of Bill Walsh, Pictus Cat, Master of Past and Present, Ruffrodys05, tex

PPR (6 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10, PPR = 0.5 for RBs, 1 for WRs, 1.5 for TEs)

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PK, 1 Def

Survivor

From the front pageLeague 3 – Friday, August 7th - 8:00 PM Eastern -- THIS LEAGUE IS FULL

League Link

MB: MisfitBlondes, lostbug, jjammer, Bri, bshipper, Ghost of Bill Walsh, Pictus Cat, Master of Past and Present, Ruffrodys05, tex

PPR (6 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10, PPR = 0.5 for RBs, 1 for WRs, 1.5 for TEs)

Survivor
What do you call mock draft forum leagues that aren't best ball?IE Best starters automatically put in each week by score, no waivers or trades, after draft league is on autopilot

League Link

Survivor
What do you call mock draft forum leagues that aren't best ball?IE Best starters automatically put in each week by score, no waivers or trades, after draft league is on autopilot
I didn't consider this to be a mock draft as there's something tangible at the end of the rainbow for the winner. Basically there's all-play best ball and there's survivor best ball.I'd be curious if there's any sort of pattern in terms of what # draft picks are getting eliminated. #9 and #5 were eliminated from League 7 this week.

-QG

edited to fix boneheaded mistake by me :lmao:

QuizGuy66 said:
I didn't consider this to be a mock draft as there's something tangible at the end of the rainbow for the winner. Basically there's all-play best ball and there's survivor best ball.I'd be curious if there's any sort of pattern in terms of what # draft picks are getting eliminated. #9 and #5 were eliminated from League 7 this week.-QGedited to fix boneheaded mistake by me :wall:
#7 and #10 for League 11.

Interesting to look at what's going on in the survivor leagues.

I was sure that my 9-24 all-play record had to be the worst that's still alive in any of the 6 survivor leagues, but I am wrong. FirstSeason1988 has managed to stick around league 9 with an 8-25 record :thumbup:

Blue Kun is the hardest luck eliminatee with a 20-13 all-play record in league 5.

Haven't looked at the other side of the coin, but it's interesting to see how much difference the format makes :)

-QG

Interesting to look at what's going on in the survivor leagues.

I was sure that my 9-24 all-play record had to be the worst that's still alive in any of the 6 survivor leagues, but I am wrong. FirstSeason1988 has managed to stick around league 9 with an 8-25 record :grad:

Blue Kun is the hardest luck eliminatee with a 20-13 all-play record in league 5.

Haven't looked at the other side of the coin, but it's interesting to see how much difference the format makes :lmao:

-QG
Doing a quick look at League 1, the bottom 4 teams would be out in Survivor. The only unlucky boot would be the 17-16 team over two 15-18 teams, which would be the worst still alive.

If you are talking to me, I had to leave town on an airplane for a funeral. It was not a planned thing, something that happened after I signed up. I offered Clayton to see if he wanted to find a sub, he graciously allowed me to participate. I didn't want to put him on the spot by telling him why I had to leave for a flight, he still allowed me to play, something I won't forget when it is time to renew my membership next year. :football:
I just saw this, but I was talking about myself. Several years ago, I did this and got roped into taking clients to a Rays game at the last second, so I had to keep excusing myself to run outside and get updates from my (now) wife as she drafted my team for me.

Users who are viewing this thread