What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Vikings - History Channel*** (1 Viewer)

Can someone explain the 2nd episode scene where they killed that kid after he buried the loot?
The kid knew too much.
About burying the loot?
:confused: The Earl and his lackey stood right there and explained to the kid that they were burying the treasure so the Earl would have it in the afterlife. Then they said they needed someone to guard it in the afterlife until the Earl got there.
I guess I thought that was some kind of pretense for something a bit more political.

I agree. I don't think Rollo is dead though. He's going to look brutal next time we see him. He was foolish though and paid the price.

I agree. I don't think Rollo is dead though. He's going to look brutal next time we see him. He was foolish though and paid the price.
:goodposting:

I thought for sure the Earl was going to put the knife in his mouth just to try and get an answer..

Nope.. he doesn't mess around with threats, just goes right in for the "joker" cut.. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Sunday's espisode. This show is great with suspense each week.... I don't agree with starting slowly comments

Watched Sunday's espisode. This show is great with suspense each week.... I don't agree with starting slowly comments
They were talking about the very first episode, which was a "character development" episode which I enjoyed.

Some didn't like the fact it was a character development episode and not action packed. :shrug:

Rollo should of laid the pipe in the Earl's wife before he got setup, which I think will still happen in the next couple episodes. Rollo looked to get his tongue cut out? I would think that he is still alive.

Rollo should of laid the pipe in the Earl's wife before he got setup, which I think will still happen in the next couple episodes. Rollo looked to get his tongue cut out? I would think that he is still alive.
You are the 2nd one to say Tounge..

I took the Earl saying "You are having a hard time opening your motuh, let me help you" to mean he was giving him the "Joker" cut so his mouth wouldn't have an issue opening up.. :shrug:

I'm still enjoying it even though I wish it was a little more broad in scope. It's a little too focused on Ragnar. I wish there were more storylines going on.

Solid show though otherwise.

I took the Earl saying "You are having a hard time opening your motuh, let me help you" to mean he was giving him the "Joker" cut so his mouth wouldn't have an issue opening up.. :shrug:
I thought it was his toungue too.

I thought it was his toungue too.
My first thought was tongue, but it makes sense what snogger is saying. I could see that making more sense in regards to the show and the flow of it for future episodes and plots.

Im really starting to like the monk, I think he will have a lot bigger part in the future.

I thought Joker cut as well.

This is only 9 episodes long right? It isn't going to be an ongoing series is it?
Depends on rating I guess:

Since the series plays with time frames, and has a lot of ground to cover as far as Viking history, what can you tell us about the plan for the series going forward? The ratings for the premiere were definitely a good omen of additional seasons.

I think we’ve only just hit the tip of the iceberg with what Michael Hirst has in his head. Travis [Fimmel], myself and some of the actors have been lucky enough to see Michael’s “bible,” his vision over many series, and characters he would like to involve in the series. The stories you’re seeing in series one really are the tip of the iceberg, there’s such characters as “Ivar the Boneless” (historically Ragnar’s son), and later on as time goes on we get “Alfred the Great” who ends up defeating the Vikings in England. They also colonize Iceland, they go across the Atlantic, and you’ve got Leif Erickson, and we go down into Russia and France, and there’s so many stories. It may seem like we’re kind of pushing through, but it’s such a massive story to tell.

link

This is only 9 episodes long right? It isn't going to be an ongoing series is it?
:yes: to being 9 episodes so I expect The Ragnar vs. Earl angle to finish.. 50/50 on :thumbup: or :kicksrock:

Hopefully they will pickup the story afterwards and start a new series next year. :popcorn:

I didn't know it was only 9 episodes long, I was hoping it was a series.

It makes sense since the raids were pretty brief, I feel like they could of took up more of the episode during each raid and they rushed from the daughter of the Earl finding out she is getting married to when she is actually married.

Gr00vus said:
This show just keeps getting better. Poor Rollo.
:goodposting:You know a show has you when you :rant: when the hours up. One of my favorite shows in a long time!!
If you DVR it and skip commercials and credits, it boils down to like 35 minutes - definitely needs more/longer episodes.

I figured the Jarl went for Rollo's eye, but messing with his mouth makes more sense now that everyone has brought it up.

based on this "sneak peek" :-)45 second mark) it looks to be a variant on the "Joker" cut.. but since he doesn't speak the tounge could be gone also..

Can't wait for this weeks battle. :popcorn:

Per the "Vikings" FB page, renewed for a 10 episode 2nd season. :excited:
History Channel's push into scripted television has been paying off and earned its first drama series another year.

On Friday, the cable network announced that it's renewing "Vikings" for a 10-episode second season.

The renewal arrives just five episodes into the season and four episodes left before its finale on Sunday, April 28 at 10 p.m.

Averaging five million total viewers and 1.7 million viewers in the ad-coveted 18-49 demo, "Vikings" consistently claims victory in its time slot for cable programming.

:hifive: :thumbup:

Floki is great also. That's a role ripe for overacting and doing too much with it, but the actor is playing it just right IMO.
Great point. He skates the edge sometimes, like on the front of his boat that one scene, but overall he's a really good character. I like when he was standing up for Ragnar at the trial.

Pretty good episode last night. Ragnar taking care of business against the Earl, I liked the Rollo axe kill on the Earl's assistant the best. Pretty boring episode besides the battle scene, but they setup a lot of storylines for future episodes. Pregnancy, more raids to the west, ragnar as the new earl, priest dealing with the Viking religion...I see a lot of promise for future episodes.

Rollo and his final scene were interesting
:goodposting: it has been hinted at since show one that Rollo has felt 2nd to Ragnar. Nice that writers didn't forget that as they had an "easy out" after Ragnar risked his life to prevent Rollo's death/further torture.

The English king actor is playing it a bit too campy for my taste. He's got big shoes to fill as the new bad guy now that Gabriel Byrne's character is gone.

Will Netflix have this eventually? They have most stuff from the History Channel. I'd like to catch up then.

I liked how the first thought of new widow was to dispose of her daughter's creepy fossil husband immediately after the Earl kicked it. I wonder if there won't be repercussions from that - I thought that old guy was an Earl in Sveeland or something, right? Maybe Rollo can go lord it over that lot.

I liked how the first thought of new widow was to dispose of her daughter's creepy fossil husband immediately after the Earl kicked it. I wonder if there won't be repercussions from that - I thought that old guy was an Earl in Sveeland or something, right? Maybe Rollo can go lord it over that lot.
He was from Sweden if I recall correctly and I didn't think of that angle.. Maybe Rollo's plan isn't to take out Ragnar, but to go to Sweden and become the Earl there.. :shock: :popcorn:

That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't think Rollo really wants to take out Ragnar. I thought it was dangerous to kill that other Earl though.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't think Rollo really wants to take out Ragnar. I thought it was dangerous to kill that other Earl though.
Hopefully..

His comment to Ragnar " How will we ever be equals now?" could be taken as:

"I have to become Earl to be your equal" or..

"I have to kill you in order to not be below you"..

hmmm... seems season 2 was a great idea!!! :thumbup:

You would think the Earl of Sweden would have some of his own loyal people around, people who would have at least traveled with him and his new bride.

Hopefully..

His comment to Ragnar " How will we ever be equals now?" could be taken as:

"I have to become Earl to be your equal" or..

"I have to kill you in order to not be below you"..

hmmm... seems season 2 was a great idea!!! :thumbup:
I rewound that twice and couple figure out what he said. Thanks for clearing that up. That gives me pause.

That was an awesome episode. Although I was hoping they would have kept the old guy who only wanted to go to Valhalla around for more episodes. There was a lot of potential for dark comedy there.

That was an awesome episode. Although I was hoping they would have kept the old guy who only wanted to go to Valhalla around for more episodes. There was a lot of potential for dark comedy there.
:goodposting: I too wish they would of kept that older guy around, he seemed to be one of the premier characters this episode, and thought they could of done a lot more with him.

:goodposting: I too wish they would of kept that older guy around, he seemed to be one of the premier characters this episode, and thought they could of done a lot more with him.
I can see it that way. But really enjoyed the way they went. It showed why the Vikings were as feared as they were. They didn't fear death and in fact welcomed it. It shows how hard it is to beat an opponent when they have no fear. :thumbup:

The battle scenes in this show are better than the battle scenes in Game Of Thrones. There, I said it. Rollo is all over the place.

So do we believe Siggi is in it for the right reasons, or is she going to enact some revenge? Also where's the daughter, she was some nice scene candy.

The battle scenes in this show are better than the battle scenes in Game Of Thrones. There, I said it. Rollo is all over the place.

So do we believe Siggi is in it for the right reasons, or is she going to enact some revenge? Also where's the daughter, she was some nice scene candy.
thought revenge at first.. But her reaction to the miscarriage has me thinking she is just looking for a place to exist now that her husband is gone. :shrug:

She's probably off in a corner somewhere, puking at the thought of carrying Santa's love child.

Users who are viewing this thread